Forum › Posts by Loxi

joined Mar 20, 2021

Loxi posted:

FORGET THE CHAPTER CAN WE APPRECIATE HOW BASED THESE SCANLATORS ARE

if they're so 'based' how come you haven't started a flame war about sus or posted among us cock? because you'll get banned and this thread locked? coward

This post sus af

joined Mar 20, 2021

FORGET THE CHAPTER CAN WE APPRECIATE HOW BASED THESE SCANLATORS ARE

Loxi
Semelparous discussion 23 Jun 17:42
joined Mar 20, 2021

I cant take it seriously with the balloon tits they dont even look sexy anymore its legit just ridiculous lol.

joined Mar 20, 2021

There's like a slight drop in translation quality in terms of grammar

joined Mar 20, 2021

I've always thought of Kuzushiro as an author who ends their stories with unsatisfying open endedness until I realized it's literally because I haven't read an ending to a manga by them even once.

joined Mar 20, 2021

I think the ending pretty obviously implies Ruby is losing her magical girl powers because she fell in love with Azurite. Good enough for me I think.

Loxi
Aya's Shop discussion 31 May 22:54
joined Mar 20, 2021

Are the pages out of order or is the story just terribly confusing

joined Mar 20, 2021

Oho seems like someone’s unhappy with the decision she made. Tho it might be because she wants to be a better dancer and knew kiki couldn’t get her there. Or cause she knew Kiki wants to be the follower and somehow figured it’d work out if she left her. Or a third vague crush reason but hopefully not.

Pretty sure she's pissed that her best friend of how many years still won't confide in her.

joined Mar 20, 2021

We need an international childhood friend appreciation day

joined Mar 20, 2021

But the hotel...

joined Mar 20, 2021

There is no way this doesn't end in poly I refuse to even entertain the thought

joined Mar 20, 2021

U/scanlations is goated thank god for you all

joined Mar 20, 2021

No way this manga only updates once per 4 months

joined Mar 20, 2021

We've all been placed on a watchlist just for clicking on the link. Thanks as always, goggled anon and crew.

Loxi
joined Mar 20, 2021

Necessary throat clearing: not trying to continue the "does Kasumi love Sakurako" or "are they in a real relationship" arguments. (Yes, duh!)

That said, trying to come at this through the lens of authorial intent: how much of the ambiguity in the K+S relationship is the story Yukiko (still) wants to be telling, and how much of it is her being locked in by audience expectations at this point?

More particularly, I'm wondering if there are examples of manga - ideally yuri - that's successfully transitioned from multiple volumes of will they/won't they to multiple follow-up volumes of "yep, we're in a serious relationship, and all that follows." I'm wracking my brain, but the vast majority of yuri I can think of ends almost immediately once the relationship is consummated, whether that's a mutual confession, kiss, or sex. (Morinaga's My Cute Little Kitten is damn near the only exception I can think of, and that featured full-on sex within the first five chapters or so...)

Still sick maybe?

joined Mar 20, 2021

What a delicious nothing sandwich

joined Mar 20, 2021

Cant believe it
Been damn near 5 years and we got the subtext tag