Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

All done and uploaded. Sorry to hear about the ban.
Kept it as "mothers and daughters" cos it's already a touchy enough subject without getting daddies involved, at least without knowing where Akira's going with the conversation.

last edited at Mar 18, 2020 8:33AM

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Kept it as "mothers and daughters" cos it's already a touchy enough subject without getting daddies involved, at least without knowing where Akira's going with the conversation.

I'm not sure that it's a right decision to "soften" translation for this reason, but I'm leaving it up to you.

still missing "ha!" on page 8 frame 4.

maybe change "it's a serious illness" on page 8 to something like "a serious case here, I see"

last edited at Mar 18, 2020 9:33AM

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Sent the upload request, thank you Goggled.

last edited at Mar 18, 2020 9:37AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Alexrain It seems like goggled anon got your feedback by reading it here? If not let me know, and I would be happy to post it for you.

@BV I knew there was another term, but it was escaping my mind, and then I wondered if I was imagining it LUL. Thanks for the Ted talk I feel enlightened.

joined May 20, 2013

Holy...

Other than that, thanks for working on the series.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

New release awesome! But it was so short its killing me.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Man, she went and asked the question, didn't she

joined Jun 7, 2019

‘Whats the problem with mothers and daughters being together?’ Well let me think...EVERYTHING

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

anyone else getting whiplash from the tone shifts in the manga?

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

‘Whats the problem with mothers and daughters being together?’ Well let me think...EVERYTHING

Like what? Be more specific.

joined May 20, 2013

anyone else getting whiplash from the tone shifts in the manga?

Definitely. As if YURI DRILL's tone rubbed off on it now.

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

I've always believed that what people get up to with one another is nobody's business but theirs, so long as everything's consensual

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Taiyaki's just gonna go ahead and say it, huh?

This feels like their thesis lol

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Taiyaki's just gonna go ahead and say it, huh?

This feels like their thesis lol

I was surprised to see the series end so suddenly but I’m glad Taiyaki pulled it all together with that final line.

last edited at Mar 19, 2020 12:43AM

joined Jun 25, 2017

That's right Akira! You tell Ayako. What is wrong with those 2 being together??? They can't reproduce, and Asuka seems to be the only human Ayako has ever felt something for. Soul mates. (shrugs)

Omg! Thank you so much translators. You always do such an amazing job.

Taiyaki deserves to be published, and this manga deserves an anime.

Fack!!!

Ayako never loved Asukas father. My heart! I truly believe Asuka is the first and only person Ayako will ever love.

Last, ah!!! U love this side of Ayako. It's like she's finally unlocked emotions. Asuka has awoken her feelings!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Akira a GOAT tbh

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Akira a GOAT tbh

Greatest Of All Time?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Greatest Of All Time?

Yes

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well that just happened

last edited at Mar 19, 2020 1:50AM

joined Jun 30, 2015

I've always believed that what people get up to with one another is nobody's business but theirs, so long as everything's consensual

Not if one side is a child, and to think about grooming a girl to become your bride is kinda... a bad taste.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Not if one side is a child, and to think about grooming a girl to become your bride is kinda... a bad taste.

Nice I was looking for this comment

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh, Akira, my hero! ❤️ I knew I could trust you to do the right thing, read the situation correctly and go for the jugular of the problem!

I dunno if y'all are reading "Run Away with Me, Girl" (if you aren't, you should) but there's a recurrent theme in that story about how the "normal" way to live your life is to do all the things people around you are doing, just like society wants you to do -- never mind whether or not it's what you really want to do. Because of a wish to be normal, and the association of "normal" with "socially-sanctioned behavior," two of the MCs in that manga end up dating males even though they are lesbians.

All of Ayako's worries stem from this misconception: she's amalgamating "correct" and "normal" and "right" with "going with the crowd, doing just what everyone does." This is a horribly toxic and dangerous way of thinking that has historically lead to the damning of homosexuality, polyamory and miscegenation (to name only a few). Ayako has persuaded herself that her feelings are wrong because society would disapprove of them. This is bad and sucks big time.

Thank goodness Akira is here to set things straight. (Pardon my French!)

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

Akira knows what's up

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

That's right Akira! You tell Ayako. What is wrong with those 2 being together??? They can't reproduce, and Asuka seems to be the only human Ayako has ever felt something for. Soul mates. (shrugs)

Yes. It's probably going to be a different slant if this were heterosexual (father x daughter), with the possibility of the minor aged girl getting pregnant.

Asuka's not a "child" in the sense that she's a toddler or someone pre-adolescent. Depending on the laws, she's "minor aged", but definitely not a bumbling child who can't informatively consent on her own.

Situational ethics. If I'd known a mother-daughter 'couple' like Ayako and Asuka, who have the same circumstance as theirs, it's not ethical to call the police. I'd let them be. They wouldn't affect me in any way.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

Everything is wrong about it irl, especially if your child is underage, but I'm okay with it in manga/anime.

To reply you must either login or sign up.