Forum › Posts by majere

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ruruka is as much a scumbag piece of trash as MC, truly they're meant to be together.

This is why her getting assaulted every chapter continues to be funny because it's entirely her own fault and it would stop happening if she stopped being a petty dumbass.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I for one am absolutely checking in on the comments every so often to see if this series deviates from the tone set in the first few chapters in a way that would actually make me have any interest in reading it and I definitely appreciate those brave souls who stick around to let me know that no it does not so I can save myself the trouble.

last edited at Jul 25, 2021 8:17PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

What part of any of the MC's experiences with using this potion made her think it will ever DECREASE her chance of being molested?

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This MC is too pathetic for me to root for like come on girl have a little bit of dignity or at least don't drunkenly masturbate on a fixture in a kiddie park like a degenerate.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The thing is, sometimes you need to be on the nose so your point will get through to people. Being subtle is fine and all, but not only it can go over some people's head, but others will make a point to ignore the subtlety if the message carried goes against what they want/value.

Just take yuri. When writing such a story in a subtle way, a lot of people will ignore all the hints to assure you that "nope, they're obviously just friends". While an actual kiss will makes it harder to argue against (and yet, some might still find ways to rationalize it to fit their conceptions).

Yes, this is a caricature, overly exagerated, but the underlying point is valid. Women, especially in japan, are still often considered as just there to get married, have kids, then take care of them while the husband go earn money to provide for the whole family. Carrierist women in Japan are too often frowned upon. It's slightly better in western countries, but frankly, there are still ways to go. And the more women tries to fend for themselves, the more they tend to be pushed back.

In all time, satire has been a way to bring to light painful truth that a lot of people would rather see kept to the shadow. To me, it feels that this manga is kinda the same. You have to take it with a grain of salt, as it's exagerated, which is what caricature is, but that doesn't mean the underlying point is moot.

This is a very good post. Plenty of satire is about as subtle as a brick to the head because the point isn't to be subtle the point is to point at a shitty aspect of society and yell "This fucking sucks!" And yeah I'm sure that's annoying if the thing they're yelling about doesn't hurt you personally and you were perfectly happy ignoring it but it's also cathartic for a lot of the people that it does to have that problem recognized and denounced and maybe even get some escapist fiction where someone fights against it and wins that isn't cloaked in plausible deniability to make it more marketable.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 7:31AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is fantastic.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

this forum: "oh noes something morally questionable is happening in my mango, call the... the police! the... the fire brigade! the... the salvation army!"
also this forum: "oh noes the putative victim called bullshit on it and walked out, the bitch needs to SUFFER!"

Now excuse me while I go find my eyes, I think they rolled under the bed.

You: "Bitches and moans no matter how people react."

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 7:00AM

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

First time I've ever rooted for the blackmailer because I disliked their target so much and their demands were so meager so of course the blackmail fails and the hypocritical busybody comes out on top. Maybe I'll check in in a while and see where this is at but I dislike this FL way too much to follow this.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm still glad I put this manga on double secret probation after chapter 1 and just pop in every so often to see if it's stopped sucking because every time I pop in it sucks even more. This is the dumbest shit I've seen in a while, like some Liberty tier bullshit.

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 6:12PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's neat there will be some OCs too, maybe new relationships will happen.

Do relationships happen in YuruYuri? I was under the impression they just got noncommittally teased indefinitely.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm glad this was the chapter I decided to read to see if this manga had improved because that misunderstanding is quite possibly the worst example of idiotic forced drama I've ever seen.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

^That would be best case senario :) I've seen it done a few times too so it's not unheard of!

I think the best case scenario is that it's more like a "No Dating" policy like a lot of idols have rather than a rule of how magic works because that would both be a very funny subversion of a kind of gross "the innocence of a maiden" trope and in keeping with the bureaucratic way this series has portrayed magical girls.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I would like to give kudos, to that joint kiss joke at the end. As a big fan of the groaner, that one was a doozy.

Oh hell, that joke flew right over my head until I read this and now I want to die.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Forgot I read this already and it left just as bad of a taste in my mouth the second time around.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah ABO is too often an excuse to justify Turbo Misogyny with bioessentialism and generally just ends up feelings gross. It's like rape culture distilled into the basis of a society.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Momo needs to find a friend who isn't an emotionally constipated asshole.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

...I'd have told her to get fucked even I was still single.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I love some healthy and honest communication in romance media.

last edited at May 7, 2021 6:19AM

majere
Image Comments 01 May 07:19
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016
89483250_p0

I miss them

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The art is so good, but there is still the unlikely possibility that Nika won't win, even if it's small, there is still a chance, and I don't know how I'd feel if that happens. How can all of them be happy?

I mean the big sister is already perfectly happy with how things are she doesn't lose anything if Koiko gets with her sister except stalking she doesn't seem to be aware of.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oof the feels

I really appreciate the author giving us glimpses into their lovey-dovey future to soften the blows

Yeah, this is a nice touch.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Was programmed to be slightly violent towards the professor.

looks at page 4 Yeah no, I think the professor's fucking dead.

it's what she deserves

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is very stupid but in a fun way.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I guess making me think the translator is incompetent is a prank somehow.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm so tired of Apirl Fools bullshit. It's just an entire day where I have to deal with people trying and failing to be clever.