Forum › Posts by majere

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016
101259327_p0

Oda has bad taste in female character design and I'll die on this hill.

majere
A Cute Guy discussion 30 Aug 20:01
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Thank Christ and also the translator for this bounty.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Love me an isekai protagonist who has to deal with their situation with nothing but setting knoweldge and an incredibly niche set of mundane skills.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

There's definitely A LOT of characters in this intro but they're all very distinct from each other so I think it should work out fine.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is definitely the weirdest form of propaganda defending Japan's devastation of the tuna population I've ever seen. What's next whale gijinka telling us actually it's totally fated and cool to butcher whales?

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 7:28AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Are we calling a girl petting a female cat yuri these days?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This series is pro-gyaru propaganda and I approve.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Glad we get some progress in that chapter!
That aside, that vocabulary felt so forced it made the whole chapter annoying to read to be honest... a change of translator maybe?

Seriously it felt like someone just discovered a thesaurus. Nobody casually says "abscond" this much. Loved the chapter but oof was the word choice clunky.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I feel like an entire manga plot just got crammed into a dozen or so pages and it wasn't even an especially interesting one. Wish this series focussed more on the parts of it that aren't just rote adherence to incredibly outdated yuri tropes. The amount of time dedicated to boring souer bullshit would be a lot more forgiveable if it WAS parody even if parodying that has also been an outdated cliche for ages.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I love that this premise is just an entire genre now.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I really just cannot differentiate all these bland S-class couples that all have basically the exact same dynamic.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

A little OT but, these last chapters reminded me why I normally hate the sœur system: it's a very heteronormative way of dealing with yuri relationships. It denies girls romantic feeling and forces them into a pseudo-sisterhood that's supposed to last until graduation.
In the end, it's just a cheap way of making a yuri story without actually committing to it.

I'm so glad these kinda stuff got phased out in the years and nowadays we can have ACTUAL sapphic love represented.

/ Boomer rant over.

Every time someone said "sister" or "sisterhood" this chapter I was struck with a vivid reminder of why I'm glad this genre is basically religated to the domain of satire.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This sort of gb yuri is really hot, oh my goodness. Plus the inner thoughts add a lot to it too. Might need to check out the original now!

The original is...not kind to these characters from what I've read.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Nah, you should absolutely prioritize getting an education over being an idol.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Once again every bad thing that happens to Toudou is her own damn fault because she can't quit when she's ahead. Leave it to this dummie to take the universal gesture for "hug" as an invitation for groping.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah I feel like the central "bit" with the MC has very quickly worn out it's welcome. I'm trying to hold out hope that the series gets a better sense of progression soon.

I think it got tedious as fast as it did because we have Yoshioka's POV and she's such a nice person that Watanabe's shitty attitude towards her is extra irksome. It was a lot easier to overlook her attitude as comedic before we saw Yoshioka's genuine concern for this shallow dumbass who doesn't deserve it at all. Yoshioka is already like a full character and Watanabe's entire personality is still "yuri fan with basic ass taste in yuri."

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Watanabe stop cockblocking Yoshioka while she gets chummy with ghosts and ojou-samas

If Watanabe's going to keep being a clam jam she's going to need to take responsibility personally. Also, she's a bad yuri fan with lame taste, Ghost x Gyaru is in fact some top tier yuri.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 7:34AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

And now Tongtong's mom will give advice to them..... I have a very bad feeling. I feel like it will make things even worse. Being the liberal woman that she is, she could hardly empathize with the problems of a responsible mother.

By the way, there seem to be several who disagree with my opinion that Tongtong's mother is a whore, disregarding the fact that she almost had her daughter abused by a degenerate. Shit, if he had really raped her the situation would have been much worse. I think the manga treats that situation too lightly.

Why are you reading manga about women when you hate them this much?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This series is cute but the lack of any kind of developments is kind of frustrating.

Sir, this is a chapter 5....

I mean the last 3 chapters feel like connected oneshots in an anthology rather than sequential chapters in a story so I wouldn't say this is an unreasonable critique.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

A very reasonable conclusion to reach and in fact a much more reasonable explanation for her behaviour than the truth.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Cousins getting together is not considered incest in a lot of places, because the consanguinity risk is considered negligible, even more so between girls, where it's zero.

But I guess the tag is necessary for some uptight (mostly American) people around here.

People aren't uptight for wanting what is considered incest in their culture to be tagged this is an incredibly weird high horse to be on. Not to mention tags also serve the dual purpose of helping people who are looking for a specific theme find it not just allowing those who wish to avoid it to do so.

last edited at Jan 31, 2022 10:00AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

they should save innocent people instead of killing bad people,killing is a horrible thing,killing those bad people doesn't make them any better them

at least that's what i think

Really depends on how bad the person is honestly. Killing a highschool bully for being kind of a shithead? Completely unjustifiable. Killing a murderer because it's your best option to stop them murdering people? I'd say that's a lot more justified. The president's general ideals have some grounding in a reasonble ethical position you just aren't going to find many instances where it's reasonable in a highschool.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Meh. I'm willing to give the het that's posted here a chance because it's usually something novel enough to give a shot but this looks like just a pretty generic installment in the "mediocre dude wish fullfilment" genre of romance and it isn't even a particularly well written example thereof.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't follow this any more. I took a glance, and I still cofused. How come after 100 chapters,they still use Honorifix?

Because they're awkward dweebs.

majere
Image Comments 02 Jan 05:57
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016
Se2a

Best couple in the game.