Forum › It's Like a Spring Storm discussion

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Chiho shirt is so cute. It comes with tail! Lol

Chapter 5

last edited at Oct 19, 2019 10:11PM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Well damn, the first chapter doesn't do this manga justice. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's way beyond what I had expected. Both characters have developed nicely and become much more likeable already. Now I'm actually looking forward to seeing how their relationship progresses.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

How many times has it been in the last month or so that I've ignored something on this site for several days before I checked it out only to find myself loving the very thing I ignored? 3? 4? 5?

I don't blame you. The first chapter is awful. The rest is quite nice.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

How many times has it been in the last month or so that I've ignored something on this site for several days before I checked it out only to find myself loving the very thing I ignored? 3? 4? 5?

I don't blame you. The first chapter is awful. The rest is quite nice.

Agreed—now this is fine. Just a little better pacing and some more actual character development at first would have allowed us to get a handle on the characters and to care about them a little bit before the big wedding scene. I guess the author wanted to get that in the first chapter to make it memorable, but it just didn’t work.

But now it’s fine.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

After reading to Chapter 5, I'm glad I ignored my gut that told me to quit on Chapter 1. The pacing was horrible, but the story Chapter 1 told has been done to death, so the subsequent chapters are more interesting.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Why is this so good? The world need more adult life yuri manga.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The additional chapters are definitely better than the first, still off the mark in my eyes and nowhere near a masterpiece but the characters do seem to be growing from their initial appearances

I really like how the brunette getting married
was it took to snap blondie into gear and make her act like an adult

last edited at Oct 20, 2019 3:20AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I was a bit uncertain after that tornado of a first chapter.... But the story developed pretty well from there. It's like a slice of life yuri with minimal drama so I like it! And want to see where it goes

joined Dec 18, 2018

Not sure what to think of this, I never really saw a problem with the first chapters events, my main issue is that I don't really feel much chemistry between the two main characters. It comes across less as love, and more out of desperation to not be alone.

Will see how this develops.

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

I was pretty sure they were gonna return to their house on fire because of that dodgy candle.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is pretty cool now. I like how it plays with expectations, but in the end it all works out, lol. A bit of slice of life where two people are in a kind of messy relationship and figure it out.

The thing with the first chapter was probably, that the author wanted to do an epic prologue, but it was just too much. It felt like they wanted to get it over with and get to the wedding scene.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I am looking forward to the next chapter. Few stories dare to tread openly into the dreaded meeting with the parents.

With as many complaints about the first chapter as there are, I have to say it makes sense - like a thought experiment, what happens next? Almost no story bothers to deal with the aftermath or what next. The Graduate (which is actually pretty creepy to watch nowadays, and sadly dead on when it came to the infamous 'plastics' advice) ended with them in a taxi and not even looking each other in the eye, basically foreshadowing bad things.

This story starts where many manga end, and goes from there. There some good stories like this on the site but they certainly aren't the most common.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well damn this goes on pretty quick xD i’m not complaining~

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Definitely better than the first chapter but I still don't particularly like or care about these characters.

joined May 29, 2019

something's wrong when I find the ex-fiance more compelling in his few pages than the main characters. they're both not likeable enough, yet also not unlikeable enough to be interesting

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Didn't think it was possible for an opened can of tuna to smell any worse, but I'm sure the tuna candle does the trick.

I actually sorta liked the first chapter, just felt it was rushed for what the author was trying to convey. These two are realistically awkward, not the usual blown out of proportion kind of awkward. I find it charming.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

To be perfectly actually serious, he shows up again in chapter 4 and validates everything I said about him being walking garbage.

I won't get that far, I had to drop it at chapter two when Aoi said "I did it to thank you... we're not dating lol" feels like "why are we here, just to suffer?" moment and the other girl doesn't waste a second to remind Aoi that she's been living off her work for an entire month...like....wow imagine that! is not like she was living off Aoi's san work and effort previous to that or anything, oh wait she totally did! so I just feel 0 empathy for these girls.

That...is not what she said. Not even remotely close. They're clearly a couple, they're lovers, living together. She just didn't want to get married yet. That is not an uncommon or unreasonable position to have literally the first time your lover brings up the subject. They're obviously supporting each other and caring for each other.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I am looking forward to the next chapter. Few stories dare to tread openly into the dreaded meeting with the parents.

With as many complaints about the first chapter as there are, I have to say it makes sense - like a thought experiment, what happens next? Almost no story bothers to deal with the aftermath or what next. The Graduate (which is actually pretty creepy to watch nowadays, and sadly dead on when it came to the infamous 'plastics' advice) ended with them in a taxi and not even looking each other in the eye, basically foreshadowing bad things.

This story starts where many manga end, and goes from there. There some good stories like this on the site but they certainly aren't the most common.

Yeah, I honestly thought the first chapter was a one-shot. When the story continued, they immediately had my attention.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Huh... I really didn't think the first chapter was bad. It wasn't great, and I do agree the pacing was way too fast, but once it got to the end I was honestly intrigued, since we rarely get to see stories past that point.

The chapters since have been good. Again, not life-changing amazing or anything, but I'm enjoying it... and these two dorks are growing on me. :-p

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

To everyone that didn't like the first chapter... What, do you all hate fun? I mean, I know as well as you that this is no place for the stuff, but to be so turned away from it when it finally appears...

I love where this story is going, but the fun has definitely simmered.

joined Aug 26, 2018

It starts off in an odd way, but now is doing just fine. Love it tho.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

To everyone that didn't like the first chapter... What, do you all hate fun? I mean, I know as well as you that this is no place for the stuff, but to be so turned away from it when it finally appears...

I love where this story is going, but the fun has definitely simmered.

I'm not opposed to madcap pacing (it's one of my favourite parts of Tadokoro-san) but madcap pacing combined with an attempt at complex or nuanced narrative or characters is a recipe for a jumbled mess. Fast pacing works with simple characters and stories that can be quickly established with little explanation. Tadokoro-san did a better job of establishing its premise and characters in 4 pages than this did in 40.

joined Dec 3, 2018

To everyone that didn't like the first chapter... What, do you all hate fun?

Bad writing, boring characters, and cliche plot isn't "fun". Chapter 2 didn't help with the "no homo" and everything after is mundane. Characters remain unlikable throughout.

joined Feb 18, 2015

After reading chapter 2 I can say that they suit each other very well or more like they deserve each other?, but Aoi's apathy is just too weird for me... There's no love at all! I almost feel bad for Chiho....ALMOST. Well, I'll leave this for those who like it, can't keep coming and complain in each chapter XP

We knew that about Aoi already. That was her basic issue.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_like_a_spring_storm_ch01#12
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_like_a_spring_storm_ch01#13

These two pages detail the Aoi that, apparently, only Chiho REALLY knows. She gives the appearance of a carefree girl who gets along with everyone, the type who anyone would fall for, but in reality, she isn't capable of caring for other people in general. In other words, she's good at putting on a facade in order to make people happy, but she doesn't really care about them deeply. The only person who has seen through this facade is Chiho and, because of that, she seems to have a special place in Aoi's life. She's the person she can go to to unload her problems and who won't let her get away with her crap if she can tell that it is ACTUALLY making her unhappy. And, even though she's got an abrasive personality, Chiho seems to have actual feelings for Aoi.

As for the later chapters... Chapter 4 seems to confirm that Aoi's father talked with the guy she was supposed to marry more than she did. I'm not sure what to think about him after he suggested they try again, but more slowly... Glutton for punishment? Idiot? I really can't imagine that he actually has feelings for someone he hardly knows.

I do expect that the fact that he is working in her office will bite her in the back side unless she tells Chiho about it before she finds out on her own.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

To everyone that didn't like the first chapter... What, do you all hate fun?

Bad writing, boring characters, and cliche plot isn't "fun". Chapter 2 didn't help with the "no homo" and everything after is mundane. Characters remain unlikable throughout.

To both you and to the person you replied to:

DIFFERENT OPINIONS EXIST

To reply you must either login or sign up.