Forum › Posts by ninrok

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Oh, come on... This is not even a cliffhanger. This is a grand-canyonhanger

lol seriously

I'm still clicking that last page in the hopes that something somehow miraculously appears haha

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

bangs head on wall repeatedly

I know it's going to pay off at some point but arrrrrgh this is the hard part of following long-term romance storieeeeesss

...also yeah, title checks out lol

ninrok
SHY discussion 30 Nov 17:25
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

...ohhhhhhhh.

Well that makes sense.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I have to say that while I’m enjoying this overall, I REALLY love how this world was set up in the latest chapter. It even brought in a “consequence” of her being reincarnated, and felt sensible so far, rather than just a flimsy plot device.

I’m a huge nerd for magic systems and world building though, so I’m super biased there lol.

(Random side note: aside from being hilarious, one of the reasons I’m a huge fan of the Slayers series/universe is because of its surprisingly detailed magic system.)

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I'm playing catchup, so I just wanna say: Valkyrie manga when? I wanna read that...

And uh, new editor might not last very long lol

ninrok
SHY discussion 27 Oct 02:46
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Oh he definitely turnin’.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Them being together or not isn't even my biggest sticking point, tbh -- though honestly, I really would have preferred if Uta moved on and they just stayed friends, no moving back in, etc.

But the author definitely moved the story in the "they're ending up together" direction... but then kinda didn't commit?

The double time skip is what really got me, and then to do that plus leaving it even slightly ambiguous just really makes Uta's character far worse, especially with the "I'll just hold on to this unrequited love" resolution. If they aren't together at that end point, then she just moved back in, basically regressed and now has resolved to live her life with someone who doesn't feel the same way, but they apparently act like a couple...?

I'm pretty sure it's meant to show they are a couple now, but with that being the case, it just feels slapped on, and their relationship absolutely needed more build than a couple panels and a greeting.

That's not even getting into the other story threads.

This ending is just... big oof. I honestly thought we were gearing up for a "final arc" after the divorce that got them together more naturally, and resolved things much better, with adequate payoff. My mistake lol. Sigh...

I'm not going to swear off the author's works entirely, but the next one I read I'll absolutely be cautious of. This honestly just feels like it got axed too soon or something.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I... huh.

Wow.

Well then.

Not-so-stealth-edit: I'm just left so... unsatisfied. Like even if they didn't even if they didn't end up together, the double time skip and "ambiguous end" feels beyond rushed. With as long as this has gone on and built things up, for the ending to just be that just feels... tacky.

A 4-year story shouldn't feel like it's nowhere near finished by the end. And yet, the ending just feels so abrupt.

Iono'. I don't want to be too harsh. Or maybe I'm missing a lot. Or something. I don't know.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 5:45PM

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well, there's some progress. A bit.

Can't lie, that fake out kinda scared me too, been reading too many bad endings lately lol.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Shiho's back story is nice but please don't let Miwa cheat or anything. Saeko and Miwa are trying their best on "how to relationship". I wanna follow their journey so bad.

Same, I really hope it doesn't go that route.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Fuuuuuuuudge I did not need to read that, though I appreciate that it's very well written.

Just... Damn that hurt. Holy fuck that was dark. I need something sweet to clean this outta my head :-(

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

This was pretty great, and I like the approach you 're taking. Good stuff all around.

ninrok
Liberty discussion 26 Aug 01:09
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I'm kinda happy to see that the hate for this story and the characters is somewhat universal. This awful manga is bringing all of us together in bitter harmony.

Yes, as opposed to the standard yuri series, where readers are shipping characters right and left with reckless abandon, here it’s, “Everyone run away from each other as hard as you can—and never come back!”

I think if that actually did happen, this might be the first time (at least I'd see lol) everyone would universally cheer for it lmao.

Seriously, I really, really want Maki to just... stand up for herself. Just once. =(

"Liz, who the hell is she?"

"No, I'm not leaving my GF, thanks! Who tf even are you?"

"I'm not your doormat Liz! I'm out!"

Just.. any of those would be such a wonderful step up.

It's been a full day and this still is really bothering me lol

ninrok
Liberty discussion 25 Aug 14:56
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Jesus tap-dancing christ... FREAKING ASK LIZ YOURSELF AT THE VERY LEAST OMG

Ugh I can't

freaking hate this story, dunno why I still bother reading every chapter

At lest for me, I just want to see if the author does something that pleasantly surprises me.

So far the only thing that's surprised me is how meek Maki is. Like... come on.

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 2:59PM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

They're gonna burst into flames, aren't they?

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Part of me is like, "if you're too in love to function, that's a serious (nonsensical) problem"

Yet part of me is like, "if you're that in love with each other, how did you think breaking up was ever gonna work"

And yet...

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

My heart...

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I feel like this story was trying to say something complex and then just... fumbled it with some clumsy decisions. Wow did a lot of its intrigue feel sidelined. Lesbian side couple felt kinda out of nowhere (would have worked better if it were between characters we’d been following the whole time), Akira just gets sidelined, and Hime’s relationship felt like a weird swerve.

I dunno. It ended... okay? I guess I expected it to have a more compelling endgame, for all the messaging it seemed to set up early on.

I mean I guess I just expected a manga with like, a theme about identity and figuring out who you are About a girl with a clear crush on her trans best friend would go that Route... Not like, end up marrying the guy who I felt she had weird chemistry with, especially having a kid with him or w/e.

I didn't even necessarily expect them to end up together. I would have been fine with that. This ending though came across as such a "f**k you" to everything it seemed to be trying to say.

Basically how I feel, like... it felt apprehensive about its own ideas by the end.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

What a great series, and love the ending.

Gahhh I wanna buy this T_T

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Ambiguous, lol...

Well personally i found Morinaga annoying with the wingwoman act. But that's probably just me.

I suppose she was a bit, like getting into someone else's business is kind of annoying. She is helping their relationship develop faster or even develop at all though, since we can tell her own love didn't go so well because she didn't have a miraculous wingwoman to help herself

Yeah, this is where I'm at on Morinaga as well. I Was worried when she was introduced but now, I'm a fan haha.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

LOL Alright, well I'm in.

ninrok
Still Sick discussion 28 Jul 10:24
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Wonderful series, thank you translators for your hard work. <3

ninrok
Image Comments 26 Jul 13:43
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015
Osumoto1_1286062318816641024_2

@Zeltrech55 Haha, it's one of my favorite tropes too XD

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I feel you Tsuruta
I know what you feel when you love someone you can't have

Yeah, I honestly have to say, I know the feeling waaaay too well. And it seems like he's going to do the right thing.

ninrok
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Jul 18:11
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

"Guess I'll die."

LMAO