Forum › Posts by Gridman

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

We've been over this, and in finer detail, too. Think you can stop now. Wishing you the best in 2022, cheers.

Yeah, yeah. I say shit you personally disagree with and you throw a hissy fit and call it "trolling" for expressing my displeasure in the way to story has unfolded. That's it pretty summed up. I mean, you label it "bile" simply because I point out that it has little yuri in it, not like Im personally attacking other users or try to psychoanalize their personality over a few short post about comics of gay girls. Besides Im not the people who brought up labels again, Im not the one pushing for the same discussion over and over again. I come back every two months and see that it just the same shit every day and when I reply to one or two posts you all the sudden got a problem with my "trolling". Im not breaking rules by not liking a series or story elements, grow up.

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 7:50PM

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Yeah they do? It was about a year or two ago but the author was answering some questions about this series. They purposefully don’t show these parts of their relationship. I can remember why and I’ll have to find the tweets again. They’re probably in the comments section here somewhere.

Don't you love it when essential story elements are revealed in Author AMAs instead of the actual work itself? Fantastic writing.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

All I can add to this conversation is my own broad strokes of how I feel about labels. I personally think it's silly to be so averse to them, labels are descriptive not prescriptive, they don't tell you what to do they simply provide a name for the already present traits. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, etc.

The fact that they don't have sex or even kiss means that the label they would be getting would really hurt the mangas appeal to its main audience and thus they prefer to avoid them altogether.

Gridman
Their Story discussion 31 Dec 17:46
joined Dec 3, 2018

Seeing as how I am reading regularly updated gay comics from china almost daily, Im just going to assume the author got tired of this series.

Gridman
Liberty discussion 08 Dec 11:07
joined Dec 3, 2018

The only thing the MC in Octave learned is that semen tastes nasty.

Since that false detail was invented by you, it literally is an example of “headcanon.”

MC says she wants to throw up after giving the dude head. Maybe spend less time writing pages on pages of your analysts and actually try comprehending the stories that you are reading.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Uhhh.... why do you feel the need to do that? They're fictional.

The fact they are fictional is the only reason I feel it's perfectly okay to do that. Your need to defend those fictional characters on the other hand....

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Is there any manga on this website that you actually enjoy?

Yeah, love this manga. That doesn't mean I can't wish severe harm or even death on the worst character in this manga.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

I hope Shizuka falls in front of a train and cant get up.

Gridman
Liberty discussion 01 Dec 23:18
joined Dec 3, 2018

LMAO @ people who think Octave was remotely close to a good story with well written characters who actually learned from their mistakes. The only thing the MC in Octave learned is that semen tastes nasty.

Gridman
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Sep 20:16
joined Dec 3, 2018

Got some decent comedic scenes and a fun and diverse cast, but man this guy really likes naked middle schoolers.

Welcome to the world of Anime. Nude minors is a staple.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Last extra chapter have Kasumi and Sakurako kissing so i guess we're finally Yuri guys`

Three kisses in 6 years. What a glorious masterpiece, we will never be graced by such splendour of yuri again for decades. Ride this high as long as we can, fellas, its all downhill from here.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Except it does, but you conveniently ignored it every time it was brought up to you. You keep coming to this thread saying the same things and when people give you proofs you're wrong, you either ignore it or disappear and then are surprised that people recognize you in different threads, when you did this shit already on like 3 separate occasions.

No, it doesnt. After all these years there hasn't been one single romantic kiss between the two main characters. Literally zero. They had "candy sharing" very early and a cheek kiss. Are those low bars your standard for a romantic kiss?

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

There are people in the forum who will disagree and argue that only the overt explicit depiction of mutually administered orgasms makes a story lesbian... but most of us don't think that way.

Love how you people always turn to this strawman when you know the manga doesn't even have romantic kissing. You know, shit that even pure minded 16-year-old virgins do when they start dating.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Serenata posted:

How you forced yourself to read 34 chapters of what you consider grueling is beyond me, surely you must've understood by the second or third volume that you were not enjoying it, right?

They're the same person who periodically go to Room for Two thread to complain how it's not yuri and everything they ever did was only as friends, so yea, complaining about subtext series seems like their favorite pastime.

Gotta love that I don't even have 100 total posts and yet you remember me. My opinion must really have stung.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Waited for it to end and all I can say is what a completely melodramatic and boring series. How the author managed to spread such a weak premise of "loneliness" over 34 grueling chapters is beyond me. Surrounded by loving friends, family and peers makes the loneliness theme so forced and unbelievable. And the overuse of the salamander and frog analogy was just cringe inducing, making the same call back over and over was just to pad frames of drawing the same salamander over and over again.

last edited at Apr 12, 2021 12:16PM

joined Dec 3, 2018

Ah, the people who held out hope despite that the "girlship" label was slapped onto this work early on are self-destructing. Stop getting overly invested in melodramatic friendship stories.

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 12:07PM

joined Dec 3, 2018

More chapters on mangadex, prepare for dumpster fire.

Gridman
Image Comments 24 Nov 04:26
joined Dec 3, 2018
85836973_p0

The episode when her sister visited was about the only true subtext. The sister picked up on it and said that she would be fine if these two stayed together forever right before announcing her own marriage. Setting a parallel between the two situations seemed intentional, but that's pretty much all we got outside of the foreman mistaking them to be a couple before being corrected.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Look, some people find this series boring and some others find it funny and charming, but after a few dozen (maybe scores, maybe hundreds) of posts claiming "This doesn't fit my personal definition of 'yuri'," the only response left is,

Duly noted--so fucking what?

For every person like you who dresses up a strawman to argue with there are people like me who are displeased with every release from this series and will leave their comments. Get over it, everyone doesnt have to like what you like or have to agree with your own personal definition of 'yuri'.

You spend days writing essays as to why 'My Unrequited Love' is trash but once someone criticizes anything you like it must be because they are trolling. Get over yourself

And @OrangePekoe, I leave short criticizing comments is because whenever I try to start a long drawn out conversation your moderators always come in and tell me its too much. So which do you prefer? Pages of analysis and criticisms going through every panel OR short and concise '"troll" comments?

Fact is that this manga has gone out of its way to be as boring as possible while checking every box making sure that you know that the main "couple" will never actually do anything beyond gals being pals. Absolutely zero progression in their relationship in 67 chapters, sorry that I don't find it enjoyable and leave a small comment once every six months to voice my displeasure.

last edited at Nov 14, 2020 3:14AM

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Fear not--the on-panel fisting can only be a couple of chapters away.

Pretty quick turn of events considering that after 67 chapters they are still making excuses not to even say that they are even a couple.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

However, a lot of the complaints seem to want the series to turn into something else entirely

Yeah, some people wanted yuri but instead got 67 chapters of the most boring version of gal pals ever.

Gridman
Mirage discussion 02 Nov 12:27
joined Dec 3, 2018

A story about moving past unrequited love and toxic relationships that didn't take 30 chapters to tell? Commendable.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

So what if she is straight? Is that a problem in a yuri story? Does it take away from the yuri-ness of the series if she's not in love with a girl? Why does that automatically make her a token character? You understand that a token character is one that isn't necessary and is only added for inclusion purposes right? Why does her orientation even matter at all?

This is pretty funny considering you were the one who denied that she was straight and assumed she was bi. Again, practice the tolerance that you preach.

Gridman
joined Dec 3, 2018

Once again, the number of people who refuse to understand that bisexuality and pansexuality are actual things is annoying and worrisome. Just because a girl appreciates dick doesn't mean in the slightest that she can't have a real yuri romance. Grow the fuck up.

Take your own advice. She has dated boys and is overtly boy crazy, just because she once sat on a girls lap doesnt magically make her gay. She's the token straight girl.

joined Dec 3, 2018

$20 says that this long, boring, drawn out melodrama will get a very similar ending to My Unrequited Love.