Forum › Posts by adamatari

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Kids aren't just something you want them to be... Say they were "just" crossdressing, it would still be the right thing to do to respect that and not try to force them to be what you want them to be.

But yeah, the fact that they are like that as tiny kid when everything around them is pushing them to be a "boy" should be a clue that maybe, just maybe, this isn't for once about you (not your failures real or imagined either).

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

That's actually a pretty good way of dealing with overbearing family. Physical space.

Also, diving in the tropics? I highly recommend it. Sea turtles and tropical fish make me feel like the world is a nice place. And moray eels!

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Not honestly getting a good vibe out of confronting the parents. Dad is a huge problem and emotionally abusive, Mom is just broken. Dad needs to go, but Mom is so weak... Mogu is the most stable but they have enough on their hands. Sakura could live with Mogu, but leaving Mom alone? She needs help picking up the pieces. I suppose getting rid of Dad would be a start, but then it goes back to Mogu and Sakura trying to help a very ill adult.

Really they ALL need to live with sane and supportive people.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Sounds Hella ominous I hope it's not abusive parents or a guardian abusing her :c

gonna be real with you chief, it's not looking good

Well, it might not be physical abuse, but that level of controlling is abuse in itself. But yeah, not looking real good here, especially absent from school...

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Koguma's outfit is too cute, seriously the cutest

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It's probably a little late to ask, but what's the relevance of the title?

The literal translation is "Moon and No Make-Up". You can see why I stuck to the Japanese title.

Well, they were looking at the moon that one time, but I have no idea what the "No Make-Up" part is referring to. Granted I don't know anything about translating either.

I think it's partly referring to Shiho, who doesn't dress up and probably doesn't wear make up all the time. I think it also refers to what the story shows, like metaphorically, I mean the relationship and their honest 'faces' with each other.

At least that's my take on it. Titles are usually not that direct (well, except nowadays where they are intentionally very direct, like the sentence long titles).

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

That's not how good romantic relationships work, girls, the happiest couples are the ones where both parts consider each other their best friend, so you should ideally compliment your relationship with love and friendship.

I think this is true but I think in Japan there is very much a concept of love and friendship not being in the same category.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Miku has some next-level seduction going on. These are like Prince lines. They're high risk but don't mess around.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Usually only if I'm reading a book or VERY text heavy manga in Japanese. Then it gets in my head. I haven't done that type of reading much lately.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Ah, the obligatory FEELS chapter. Damn got something in my eye. Both my eyes.

Sure is dusty today, isn't it?

Series like this are great. Neko musume, Nicola, all these series. Now we just need someone to make a perfect fusion of iyashikei and yuri (that isn't subtext).

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Cider? Really?

In Japan, that's clear or light colored soda. That's why she's saying it's no big deal, it won't stain.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Shizuka seems a lot weaker in comparison to Mio now. I think being taller and having the long hair gave her a certain look, it always felt like she was a big above Mio. But that last image, she really looks like a kid in a sense, she has lost her aura of maturity or sophistication. I think that was a very well lined up image, very purposeful. Part of it is perspective, since Mio is placed between the viewer and Shizuka, this making her seem taller (still shorter than Shizuka but less obviously so), part of it is the crutches, part of it is the hair - Shizuka always came across to me as a bit of a Ojou-sama type, but with short hair her image is very different.

That is a seriously well done composition that really makes the chapter.

I hope this ends well. I like Shizuka, and she's always been a bit of a flawed vase. I think Mio is much better beside her at a more equal level, but Mio idolized her too much in the beginning. Now the tables are turned.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Uh, suddenly I feel like I left out something important in my comment... A lot of times when people are deeply grossed out by being touched there is a past trauma or history of trauma. I don't know what the deal is with Saeko but that level of guardedness and disgust at being touched doesn't usually come from nowhere.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I'm just gonna say, Saeko's issue seems pretty serious, like "maybe I should see a counselor" serious. I'm sure there's gonna be some backstory that will come out of this, but in any case it doesn't strike me as something you can fix with simple will or even just talking. Dealing with stuff like that takes work, time, developing strategies, not something that can be made to disappear.

This is the sort of thing people see relationship counselors for. This breaks relationships all the time.

I think Sae is being too hard on herself, too. She's trying. It's not easy.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, I don't think the new girl is as serious, she probably is on the level of "hey that 1st year is cute, I'll try asking her out" while Rinna is full-on ready to charge in. I guess this could go full harem still but that's not really my expectation.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Man, that teacher... When the ones who always follow the rules decide to break them, they always go way too far.

And yeah, a twincest route would be like a horror manga. Komachi is already in yandere territory.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Gotta say, looks like Yae dodged a bullet here with Youko not being into her. Teenagers gonna drama, but yeah, this is not something you normally would want part of...

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It's contradictory when you say Kaoru could be a lesbian because we haven't essentially seen them doing the deed with Reichii or Kaoru drooling over him, but at the same time she never showed any sexual attraction towards Uta or any other woman. She even slapped Uta's hand away when she confessed.

To be fair, that particular incident was Kaoru still thinking it would work with Reiichi and trying not to get in a sexual situation with Uta. And Uta was acting a bit crazy and pushing things, so yeah. I don't think that had all that much to do with Kaoru not liking Uta, more that was reasonable in the situation.

Like seriously your kid sister in law is coming on to you. What do you do?

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

On the one hand, Himawari deserves a good picture of her wife. On the other, Hanako definitely deserves payback for having to deal with Sakurako, so justice is served.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Can't speak for golf on Japan, but I know in the US there are public courses in many states. Hawaii has one in the middle of Honolulu, and in Washington state there is Chamber's Bay which is also used for a tournament. These are much cheaper.

As much as Japan has a premium on flat land, it also has a LOT of rural areas. Get out of the two major metropolitan areas (Tokyo-Yokohama and Osaka-Kobe) and things are very different.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I'll be surprised if Kana is even half as oblivious as Momose thinks... But so far we haven't seen anything from her side of things.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Shuninta RULES
can't think about any work from her that don't make me at least laugh

THIS

She's probably my favorite author. I think people are disappointed that not all the characters are good people or that there is just a lot of amoral sexual energy. Well, if I want a happy heartwarming yuri story there are plenty of other authors. She's dirty and not shy about it, even her happy fluffy stuff is dirty. Give me some realistically horny stories rather than some chaste thing where they take several volumes to kiss!

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I feel like Saeko's sexual attraction to Miwa is still her main reason for liking her.

Saeko is crazy in love with Miwa.

That much should be obvious to everyone at this point of things.

I think it's 95% about sexual attraction.
You can't love someone by hiding every side of your hurtful part, and also, never really tolerate the weak part of your partner.
I think Sae likes Miwa a WHOLE lot, but it's not love (yet?).

It's very hard to talk about trauma and whatever happened to Sae must have been pretty seriously traumatic of she loses her appetite just by getting a little brush with it. No pictures at all of the school prince? That's hard to believe.

My guess is she got caught or outed to her dad and things got bad. It doesn't seem to have been a scandal at the school since the other students were so flippant, but something definitely happened.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Wow, both of them are going too far trying to "fix" their weaknesses, Saeko trying to just not be jealous and Miwa trying to not rely on Saeko.

I think also being half out of the closet is not doing them any good, a lot of people know anyways. Miwa worries a lot about what other people think but being independent I think means knowing when to care and when not to. Easier said than done.

It's pretty bad that Miwa doesn't realize that Saeko is pretty hopelessly, desperately in love. Saeko's way of communicating that is physical, and Miwa is not seeing that at all.

last edited at Jul 2, 2020 2:16AM

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It's pretty hilarious that this manga started with dry humping and bare boobs and now we're just waiting for characters to share a fairly chaste kiss. When was the last chapter with a panty flash again?

Oh yeah, that was last chapter. Okay, maybe it hasn't changed THAT much.