Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Latest chapter explains to me why i am not a gamer, especially a fighting games gamer :)

Don't let this manga make you believe all gamers / playing games is like this. You're never gonna see people rambling about this BS with platformers, RPGs, FPS, action-adventure, puzzle games, etc. Heck not even in racing games. Being so technical & competitive is more of a fighting game obsession. I mean not even ryhthm game pros take themselves that seriously.

Go and play Mario Kart and no one's gonna be a bitch about who you should chose.

ehh. you dont have to go as deep as shijou does to be competitive at fighting games. i used to be EVO tier in Arcana Heart 3 with Fiona (probably worst or second-worst character in the game) and i never once looked at the frame data. you could pick all that frame data up anyway just by playing the game and learning what moves beat what through experience.

and im pretty sure shijou is being overbearing af for a purpose. no doubt theres gonna be a point where mino just says fuck it and plays how she wants to play. neither are wrong though. each approach is equally valid and it is ultimately up to the player to decide how they want to learn and play a fighting game.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

As someone who's followed the fighting game scene for many years now, this manga is especially entertaining. (I knew themusicman500's video link was going to be the Gandhi match before I even clicked it; I watched it live when it happened, before it became the famous moment it did.) It's an unavoidable truth that the FGC has a lot of undesirable qualities and ugly behavior, and in fact, I'd say that its bad reputation is quite thoroughly justified. Still, that stereotype obviously doesn't represent the totality of fighting game players or fans.

In any case, EVO happens to be going on right now, so it was certainly a perfect time to release it. All it needs is a bit more yuri than it has shown so far. Thanks a lot for this, Yuri Project.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 8:34AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch02#8

Gouki .... gouki !!!! A reference to my main in every SF game ?! Gosh I'm in love with this manga !

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch04#24
WOAH!!! I don't think I need to worry about the sun anymore, with all that shade gettin' thrown.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ah, the good ol' discovery of Yoshimitsu's seppuku move. Brings back memories of Tekken 2.
Also Kase-san would kick Shijou's ass for the track runner remark

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I kinda hate the importance of the meta nowadays to be honest. Too many players get influenced by the pros by trying to copy their Characters and playstyle, instead of having fun and finding their own way to play. But it's always refreshing to see pocketpicks, there are a bunch of people who earned a name even tho they play "trash tier characters". In the end it comes down to skill even when meta or certain matchups heavily favour the other side

joined Jun 23, 2017

I guess she chose to main Paul Phoenix?

Damn him and his Deathfists!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I notice the controversies in this thread are "immersive" - proof the author did a good job :)

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Ah, the good ol' discovery of Yoshimitsu's seppuku move. Brings back memories of Tekken 2.

Only if she then proceeded to mess with Yamada.

joined Oct 10, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch04#3
That "gaming device" reminds me of a huge Vectrex controller with four bonus buttons.
http://users.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/vectrex.jpg

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch04#15

Someone mentioned "Cat Tekken". Myao reminds me of Ling Xiaoyu.

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 6:48PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

"Man, you play worse than a plant appointee".

joined Apr 27, 2015

oh man there's a lotta good stuff here, like pointing how awful tekken 7 is at teaching players, theres no tutorial and most of the movist makes 0 sense.

Since it's the "one touch" cafe i was hoping it'd turn out to actually be full of anime or marvel games

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 8:31PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch04#2

Would you go ask a track runner "is running fun?"

No, I wouldn't. I'd assume they're running because they enjoy running because it'd be really illogical to be on the track team if you hate track.

Goggled Anon posted:

Yoshimitsu's seppuku move is the main reason I gravitated towards him when I got into the series. (Tekken 2 is the only reason I ever actually gave the genre a chance in fact. I'd never enjoyed any fighting games before it.) Really pissed off my fighting game friend one time by finishing an entire match using nothing but that to surprisingly great effect. It was a tie iirc because it does the same damage to both you and your opponent but it was worth his reaction.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

so umm......when's the yuri going to kick in?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

When does the yuri begin?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E-gD9PYqSps/hqdefault.jpg

You did read the title, right?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This was one of two stories on Yuri Hime that had no hint of yuri at all in the chapters.
The other story ended this month, and guess what?!
The end was not yuri

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 10:29PM by Nezchan

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

... There's no yuri, is there?

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This was one of two stories on Yuri Hime that had no hint of yuri at all in the chapters.
The end was not yuri

Out of curiosity, what's that other story called? I mean, I'll keep reading this even if it never becomes yuri 'cause I love fighting games and games in general, but, yeah, I probably won't do the same for that other thing.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The end was not yuri

Out of curiosity, what's that other story called? I mean, I'll keep reading this even if it never becomes yuri 'cause I love fighting games and games in general, but, yeah, I probably won't do the same for that other thing.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106258/Shuumatsu_Nani_Shi_ni_Ikou
This one. I don't think it'll ever be translated since there's no point.
There's not even a single theme. Each chapter is a big exposition chapter about the new hobby they tried.

The author never tried to promote it on her twitter and pixiv, so I think she doesn't even care.

joined Oct 9, 2011

The end was not yuri

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106258/Shuumatsu_Nani_Shi_ni_Ikou
This one. I don't think it'll ever be translated since there's no point.
There's not even a single theme. Each chapter is a big exposition chapter about the new hobby they tried.

The author never tried to promote it on her twitter and pixiv, so I think she doesn't even care.

Well to be fair, this one actually seems to be building to something, seeing as the mangaka seems to have clearly setup a love triangle, so bringing in romance wouldn't be that hard.

Huh, they actually addressed the lack of her parents, rarely seen that happen.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch04#4

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Someone mentioned "Cat Tekken". Myao reminds me of Ling Xiaoyu.

Myao is Xiaoyu with Chun Li's attire.

It was a tie iirc because it does the same damage to both you and your opponent but it was worth his reaction.

IIRC You win the round if you end your opponent using the seppuku move in newer games.

In the end it comes down to skill even when meta or certain matchups heavily favour the other side

Yes. Just look at SFV Grand Finals.

Also, with the recent EVO reveals, I am expecting an actual geese character in this Cat Tekken in later chapters.

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 3:23AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Which is fitting, because you fight like a tree."

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 4:49AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

"Which is fitting, because you fight like a tree."

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 5:00AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess having only female (main) characters is enough to be published in Yuri Hime theses days.

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 5:55AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.