Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Mayo dresses like Chun Li, though her fighting style closely resembles Xiaoyu. I guess Mino's Nyan Pow is Paul?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Mayo dresses like Chun Li, though her fighting style closely resembles Xiaoyu. I guess Mino's Nyan Pow is Paul?

Yes. Nyanpow is Paul.

I think the loss is ZTT's fault. She really underestimated Mino and paid for it. Experienced players get salty when getting beaten by somebody new.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The mindgames are real.
This girl is a monster.

I told y'all that Yomi is a thing. ;-)

last edited at Sep 7, 2017 3:04AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch06#15

Ultimate Salty Punishment's notation is wrong. It should start with db,1+2 (Ultimate Tackle).

last edited at Sep 7, 2017 11:40PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

So anyone knows what the new game is suppose to be a parody of?

joined Apr 4, 2017

It's Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost. Pretty cool arena fighter game.

last edited at Nov 16, 2017 2:07AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

It's Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost. Pretty cool arena fighter game.

Wait... what!?

joined Apr 27, 2015

Wait... what!?

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/olliebarder/files/2017/07/gundam_versus_impressions2.jpg

2v2 game, burst attacks, same hud

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

It's like Gundam meets Tokyo Jungle.

Ririka Kirishima
Julia%20what
joined Feb 16, 2017

Reminded me of animal Kaiser games.
Looks like Shijou will get jealous that Minoru find a potential new gamer friend.
Harem when? (lol)

last edited at Nov 17, 2017 3:45AM

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

So someone translated this, huh?
This is one of the most boring manga I read in my life, actually.
Also, there's not yuri at all.

It's okay if you want a fighting game tutorial.

Thanks. I hate these click bait tags. Almost wasted my time

joined Jun 12, 2015

4 chapters left.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

4 chapters left.

Seriously? That's kinda sad...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It irks me to no end whenever Shouji has Mino fight her battles for her. :-/ If she wants to show Houjou who has the bigger dick (yes, I know that they're both girls, but what they're doing is classic dick measuring), how about facing her herself.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 4:30PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

4 chapters left.

Oh, thank god... I dunno' how much more of this fighting game exposition dump "yuri" manga I could take. The painfully generic art is slowly burning a hole in my retinas.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Spoilers about last chapter:
No yuri at all. Not even subtext unless you count one panel where it seems like one girl will held the other's hand, but she doesn't. No plot development and mostly not character development except for the fact Shijou now thinks games are fun, I guess...

Have fun.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

4 chapters left.

Oh, thank god... I dunno' how much more of this fighting game exposition dump "yuri" manga I could take. The painfully generic art is slowly burning a hole in my retinas.

Quoted for truth.

Edit: Caved in and looked.

Spoilers about last chapter:
No yuri at all. Not even subtext unless you count one panel where it seems like one girl will held the other's hand, but she doesn't. No plot development and mostly not character development except for the fact Shijou now thinks games are fun, I guess...

Have fun.

Nope. It was boring while it lasted, goodbye.

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 2:25PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The harem expands

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch09#23

"show your elders some respect" Shoutouts to Chillindude829 loool.

Let me tell ya, I've never seen any second year high school student who looks like that. Anyway, I suppose this manga is a fighting game player's wet dream, but I can only find it interesting as much as I understand it.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

"I've got him on low life, and I have a huge life lead, he can't kill me with that, and I just have to jab to win"

Paul: "lol"

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

"I've got him on low life, and I have a huge life lead, he can't kill me with that, and I just have to jab to win"

Yeah. Never over 'till it's over.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Whaaat, games can help you make friends IRL? What kind of heresy is this??

"Might as well throw a 34-kick-super at him..."

joined Mar 15, 2017

In the afterword of volume 1, Nishi writes that one day they suddenly felt like doing a manga about fighting games in Yuri-Hime, so phoned up and that led to the serialization. In vol 2, they answer the common question of why they thought to do it in YH. Apparently Nishi conceived of it as becoming very yuri if it reached the end. Trouble was the characters were all so absorbed with fighting games their relationships only change very slowly (so it's basically that thing of characters writing themselves). Nishi would have wanted to be able to write the story longer, even as far as a Vegas arc, but is surprised (and thankful) YH gave as much freedom as the manga had.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

In the afterword of volume 1, Nishi writes that one day they suddenly felt like doing a manga about fighting games in Yuri-Hime, so phoned up and that led to the serialization. In vol 2, they answer the common question of why they thought to do it in YH. Apparently Nishi conceived of it as becoming very yuri if it reached the end. Trouble was the characters were all so absorbed with fighting games their relationships only change very slowly (so it's basically that thing of characters writing themselves). Nishi would have wanted to be able to write the story longer, even as far as a Vegas arc, but is surprised (and thankful) YH gave as much freedom as the manga had.

Okay... well, points for trying, I guess...

To reply you must either login or sign up.