Forum › Posts by Wtv

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

England Exchange.

You can choose between a female and male protagonists. A girl with darkish skin and spectacular hairdo and a dude with glasses.
There are eight romanceable characters. Two are lesbians and can be romanced by the female PC. Other girl is bi, but the female PC can't romance her.

Personally I'm unsure about this one. Maybe I'm spoiled by 'A Little Lily Princess' with all the female characters and lovely cute art.

This doesn't look like a Hanako game at all. It looks like those hundred cheap eroge tier games they keep making kickstarter for. That's a shame, but I guess this is what western fans want, after all.

I really hope someone makes something like Little Lily Princess again sometime. That game was great. Even enough to rival against Japanese visual novels.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Bang Dream game is pretty good too (also Japanese only). Made by the same dev as Sif, but more polished I every way imo. It's also pretty well written. They actually have drama and character development in the stories.

Wtv
Anime season 09 Apr 01:50
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

So, apparently the show's director posted online saying this is a lie.
Probably someone's idea of April's Fool.

You mean this tweet? I have no idea who this guy is but more clarification would be appreciated
Anyway this interview ain't exactly recent, it's a guidebook for the movie Bokura no War Game so it's actually really old, only now it came to westerns attention, there was an archive from Futaba Channel from 2015 discussing a little about it but i lost the link i'm afraid
If the interview itself is an elaborate prank or something similar it's hard to say right now, but it definitively exists

Well, looks like someone is about to buy the guidebook, guess there'll be more info on it in about a month or so, until then time to hibernate a bit

They're saying that, although the book exists, the interview itself is fake. That page is a fake.
Unfortunaly, they didn't link where the director said that, but so far there's no reason to doubt it.

Wtv
Anime season 09 Apr 01:11
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

So, apparently the show's director posted online saying this is a lie.
Probably someone's idea of April's Fool.

Wtv
Anime season 08 Apr 23:48
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

As someone with a few siblings the amount of sibling incest in Anime/manga is disturbing. I can overlook it if it's yuri, but I absolutely refuse to watch a show that has het sibling incest.

My biggest problem is how anime sometimes can't see a male and a female without putting sexual tension together. Even on things that makes it really fucked up. (look at Usagi Drop, for example)
So yuri is fine because this problem doesn't exist.

Wtv
Anime season 08 Apr 23:06
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

The guy made one episode and one movie. It's not his place to say what their relationship is about.
It's just his perverted fanfic of the story.

Anyway, never liked Hosoda's movies.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I used to think "this is a bad manga, but I still like it." After this chapter..I just don't know anymore. It might actually be more well written than I give it credit. Or I might be reading too much into it.

This looks like some kind of subversion of the yandere trope. Usually we have a plot with a innocent girl, in innocent moments that turns out to be a psychopath. Here we have a girl we believe is a psychopath, but that the more we learned about it, the more we realize how wrong we are. We though she killed her aunt, turns out her aunt is alive. We thought she wanted to off her friend, turns out she really just wanted to be her friend. Not to be rejected.

The point where she asks Shio what a friend is and both say they don't know it is pretty telling. Those are two lonely girls that were rejected by people around them. Sato in particular was rejected because she was "weird". Can we blame the kids who made her that lonely? We can't. We were sure she was a murder and crazy. We were sure she killed her aunt, and that turned out to be wrong. We were sure she would try to kill Shouko, but at the end she truly just wanted to be her friend. Sato is surrounded by awful people. Shouko is one of the few decent people around her, and Sato always treated her fair. But we made the same assumption the kids on her childhood did.

Again, I might be wrong. Who knows. But if I'm not, that's a pretty interesting approach to the genre. I'm curious about how the next chapters will go.

Wtv
Anime season 02 Apr 01:48
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I'm hoping that for the second season they give some clue why the humans haven't back to Japari for at least a generation after the incident with the colossal cerulean (judging by the park's state of repair), despite Mirai saying they would.

I'd assume that the second season of Kemono Friends is going to include Friends, so I'd expect that the outside world is having Sandstar problems of it's own

Actually...
According to that note released by the staff, humanity was extinct once. So pretty much all of humankind still alive are probably friends.

Wtv
Anime season 01 Apr 21:05
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

So regarding Kemono Friends, which I just finished watching, Kaban was basically a clone of Mirai? I honestly didn't see that coming.

She left though and her hat flew off and then Kaban got 'spawned' at the hat. She's supposed to be human, but she just appeared out of nowhere, unless they meant it to be 'there was a hair in the hat and she absorbed it and became a human'. She didn't look like Mirai at all as well, cause you would think she'd take the form of the thing that is absorbed. I don't understand where they were going with it.

Those notes that were posted on this forum helps to understand.

Sandstar create Friends by interacting with any part of an animal's body. That's why even extincts animals like one of the penguim can become Friends. Kaban was created by a strand of Mirai's hair getting in contact with a sandstar. So, Kaban is a Friend of the human species born from a hair.

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 9:06PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

When I listen to people who claim they are normal compared to those [insert your favourite homophobic slur]... Yeah, stay out of normal, kids. Vote abnormal for the new normal.

well, as long as heterosexuality dominated the world, homosexuality will always be considered abnormal. its just how it goes.
you gotta admit that homosexuality is some kind of irregularity in the life cycle.

You can't really apply the word "normal" and "natural" for most of society's concept. Human society is constructed and unnatural. In fact, homossexuality is more natural than a lot of things we see as "normal", since it exists even on some animal species.
You're just seeing sex as only a mean for reproduction when, in fact, it's more than that, even outside human's life.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This chapter sucks lol

She didn't suck anything this chapter, though.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://twitter.com/idyllic_men/status/834369257148264448
bad news: Seifuku no Vampiresslord is ending next month.

Sad if true, but your link won't load.

Anyway, funny this discussion here. Didn't the author made a lot of tweets saying that it was indeed yuri and people shouldn't worry about it? I remember reading something about that.

Wtv
Touma-kun discussion 26 Mar 14:07
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This was one of the few Galette's manga I didn't like.
Although the last one was worse.

Wtv
Asking Some Questions 23 Mar 17:42
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

A lot of japanese fans consider futari yuri. It was accepted in the twitter tag yuri network. But it should be tagged as such, because some don't like it.

Wtv
Asking Some Questions 23 Mar 17:35
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yes. That was the purpose of the question, I think.

Wtv
Asking Some Questions 23 Mar 17:27
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

When it is futari, there'll be a futari tag, too, though. I think that was their problem.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

In that case I think what you mean is more realistic lesbian stories as opposed to often pretty unrealistic yuri fluff. I still find splitting LGBT stories and yuri stories in separate categories redundant. There is plenty yuri artist that write stories with more serious lesbian characters and plots, but still consider their work yuri.

Yeah, that's why I said my personal definition. To be fair, I think it's kinda useless try to define something like this. It was a term who was born vaguely and somehow started to be used even in the official business, but everyone had a different view of what it is about. Just remember those studies about definition of yuri. Even in Japan there's differents interpretation. And I think it's fine that way.

Although, yeah, that does make it harder to tag it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

My personal definition is that yuri is entertainment and lesbian is political view. Of course you can have political views in yuri, but it's not the main point. That Manga about lesbian motherhood for example, it's not made by a mangaka, but by an activist. So while I do read both kinds, the reasons for doing so are different.

But the main problem here is that yuri genre doesn't exist. Yuri is not a genre, it's a demographic. Just like shoujo, shounen, seinen and josei aren't genres. That's why they still have a main genre beside the demographic.
Yuri is pretty much "hey, you like girls loving girls? How about reading these stories? You might like them.".

Wtv
Anime season 15 Mar 13:19
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I didn't realize it was late night, it seems to be written for a younger audience.

Me too, at first. Although some of the design (created for the game) are quite fanservicey if we think about it. But since the show choose not to focus on it, we didn't realize.
The director did say they wanted to do something family friend, but they also said they wanted something that could heal a person after a hard day of work.

Wtv
Anime season 15 Mar 13:01
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

if you're wearing your goggles in a children's series.

Why does this sound wrong? Should I participate in the crime and watch the show? Lol

It's not an actual children's show, actually. It's a late night anime and some designs are cleary made with otaku audience in mind. It just have the format of a children's show because...why not?

Although, that phrase shouldn't be weird when we talked a lot about shipping Mirai and Riko in Precure here.

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 1:02PM

Wtv
Anime season 15 Mar 00:43
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://myanimelist.net/people/10854/TATSUKI

Don't know if it's correct, but MAL do credit Kemono Friend's director as an yaoi mangaka. That could explain a lot.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Also, how did he know about the "same sex lover"?

He probably deducted that this is the thing her aunt would be against.

Anyway, I kinda hope it is her aunt there, and there's some twist about who was the body. We just assumed it's her aunt all this time.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Though i'm excited for Nights of Azure as it is an actual game rather than a visual novel. Pity such a rare yuri RPG s didn't sell well :(

You do realize it sold better than the Atelier game and it's one of the best launch sales for Gust, right?

Wtv
Het discussion 10 Mar 07:19
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

a site that seems to promote yuri and everything yuri
has het
this doesn't make sense. can someone define "good" het? that sounds like an oxymoron to me. it's so stupid to come to a website that prides itself on being all about yuri just to find out you have things like het and futa. dicks don't equal girl love. NO! keep the dicks elsewhere. go shit up some other website with your dicks and your dudes, no thank you. I want women with VAGINAS! clashing them together. so glad for black listing, but it's still in bad taste to even have the genre be mentioned

Are you okay?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Regardless of what anyone thinks about this, the documentary is a non-issue. Not even Japanese law could ban actual lolicon content, so what chances a random western has?