Forum › Posts by Wtv

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

(what kind of insane stalker can't find their stalkie's email?)

Akira has no friends.
The only way she would get her email is by hacking into her phone or stealing it.

But she can find out where Akira lives and what she likes to eat with ease?

You can find first one easily just following the person. Second one is harder, indeed.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

(what kind of insane stalker can't find their stalkie's email?)

Akira has no friends.
The only way she would get her email is by hacking into her phone or stealing it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Even harder sci-fi stories where time travel is the main point generally don't agree on how it works. In a story like this, the author just threw in time travel for a fun setting and will certainly reveal random bullshit rules as necessary to advance the plot, which is as good a method as any. Anyone who tells you they know how time travel works is a liar, so might as well just make up the rules to suit the story.

And what a lovely story it is!

I have read ahead, so you might consider it a spoiler. This is not a spoiler, though, but speculation, since none on future chapters confirm any of it. I'm still putting it on spoiler bars: There's a chance the time travel thing is a lie, actually. She clearly looks like a stalker, and she might have said it as a way to approach the girl she likes.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

When does the yuri begin?

This was one of two stories on Yuri Hime that had no hint of yuri at all in the chapters.
The other story ended this month, and guess what?!
The end was not yuri

Out of curiosity, what's that other story called? I mean, I'll keep reading this even if it never becomes yuri 'cause I love fighting games and games in general, but, yeah, I probably won't do the same for that other thing.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106258/Shuumatsu_Nani_Shi_ni_Ikou
This one. I don't think it'll ever be translated since there's no point.
There's not even a single theme. Each chapter is a big exposition chapter about the new hobby they tried.

The author never tried to promote it on her twitter and pixiv, so I think she doesn't even care.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

When does the yuri begin?

This was one of two stories on Yuri Hime that had no hint of yuri at all in the chapters.
The other story ended this month, and guess what?!
The end was not yuri

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 10:29PM by Nezchan

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Ewh why are all the chracters so disgusting?! I'm surprised I got through all of the chapter...

Sometimes I wonder if people are used to read things with only hyper-idealized characters.
The girls here aren't even that bad. These are all normal personalities in comedies.

Wtv
Anime season 17 Jul 00:51
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Anyone who went through the Kakegurui manga know of its been followed closely? Only part I read was vol6 for the yuri. Think that volume might get animated?

Pretty damn close to a 1:1 adaptation so far. Based on the OP, they'll probably reach that yuri arc.

Edit: I went to re-check the manga chapters, the yuri arc starts from ch 29. So far, they adapted 4.5 chaps into 3 eps. There are 12 in total this season, so they might only adapt up to the idol girl's arc or the glasses dude's arc. So the yuri arc might have to wait till S2, assuming this does get a S2 which I think is likely.

A scene of that arc is in the opening. They rarely put things on opening that's not on the show itself. Like, almost never.
So they might rush and skip stuff soon to get to it.
That or the show'll have more than 12 episodes actually, although that would mean that scene would appear on the second opening, so it's unlikely.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

You'll see when it gets published...

Don't know what you're talking about. Just looked up two more chapters and it's worse than I thought. Offensive even.
But that's okay. The comments will be fun when you publish it. I'll be waiting.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

@Wtv
Let's not call it yuri, and have a long argument about why the subtext tag is pointless instead!

Also, if that's what the synopsis you read said, the person who wrote it was on some major shrooms.

I skimmed through the first chapter.
And looked up on the last one published.
But maybe I missed something? Well, it looked obvious to me.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well...
A story about a yuri couple where one of them grows a dick/becomes a boy won't be received well on a yuri forum. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

@Wtv
People on this site bitch about absolutely everything that's published, lmao. I'm doing it for the people who actually enjoy stuff. x)

Just don't call it yuri, then.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

@none
It's currently at 9 chapters (including this month's YH issue) and ongoing. There is always a chance... ;D
And there's not that many good super gay manga out there, so if there's a good one with subtext, I guess it'll have to do. x)
(An upcoming project of ours is both gay and hilarious, though. Sakura Nadeshiko for anyone interested in looking it up.)

Heh. Looked it up and I don't think it'll be well received here. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

To those that have read ahead, how is the yuri levels? I can't trust Dynasty's tagging system anymore since it seems they arbitrarily and inconsistently decide what is subtext and what is yuri anymore (fighting gamer Manga is yuri, Knight sports Manga is yuri, but she gets girls everyday is subtext, etc)

It's clearly yuri. More than that fighting gamer Manga that's not even subtext. I think staff should tag mangas for more consistency, or at least get rid of yuri and subtext tag and keep just the "het" one to warn.

Later a yandere-like (not really, though) girl is clearly in love with Hime.

Hime's past reveals why she wants to marry a millionaire and shows connection to another character. It's a pretty good chapter, and it'll be hard not to evolve from there.

In short, it's one of the best manga on YH right now. And not in a "for a yuri hime manga" way. It's really a good title.

would be ok if it wasn't set in a fetish cafe with dopey males, lmao

Later chapters start to show female clients as well. Yeah, it was a bad idea having only male. The author probably realized it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's practically confirmed there will be a web manga based on the characters, but it sounds like it will start fresh.

Well, there's a pixiv series getting a tank by YH this month, but it's pretty much the same story as the pixiv one.
Although it has a more common format. It would at least be hard to put those small single pages on a tank.

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 4:08PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Love triangles, drama, het? Are we really going to be this traumatized forever, c'mon guys the yuri landscape is not -that- bad.

The problem is when an author try to change the genre they started. This is already a series. Maybe this one will be on Yuri Hime Pixiv, since the name of the author was on the list, so it has even the chance of getting a tank in the future. Some flashback of their past would be nice, but I don't think it should change the format more than that.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I'd love for this to be a full series, starting from when Okabe and Yuria first meet.

So they could put a lot of unnecessary drama, love triangles, maybe threatening with het? A comedy series could work. But most authors usually lose track of what they want to do when making a more serious story.

Wtv
Anime season 10 Jul 19:19
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Centaur's worries first episode was great. Really solid adaptation and they really amped the yuri. I like that they use the yuri side couple in opening. In general the series treats it as a normal thing, but it's great to see them being treat equally with other couples in opening.

Well, there's like, two yuri couples on the OP and one het couple.
And as far as I remember, that het couple are background characters in the manga that don't even have names. So I'm more suprised about them being there.

Oh yeah, there's also that het couple with unrequited love.

last edited at Jul 10, 2017 7:23PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This manga actually follows the way the episodes are named in the anime. They were always: "we ended up...*something*". In japanese it was some verbちゃった (chatta). Chatta meaning "we did something completely".
Then the manga is キスしちゃった (kisushichatta)

last edited at Jul 10, 2017 2:00AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I just want to warn people that the next chapter is also pretty cute.

By the way. The kouhai-chan uses "boku" on the japanese manga. It's funny because she doesn't look like a tomboy, so I don't get why.

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 11:55PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's also taboo because of the social imbalances and messiness of dating family, but that's the same if you're blood-related or adopted family. (Some of that doesn't apply for step-family though, but a break-up can still be messy.)

Anyways, incest is some people's thing, seemingly including Mochi Au Lait, so... that's why it is what it is, basically.

That would apply to a lot of manga here, though. Even some loved ones like Dear My Teacher.
By the way, incest was pretty common on Japan until recently, and they just stopped doing it because it was fucking their genetic code. As consequence, japanese people are more vulnerable to a lot of diseases.
And that explain why so much anime and manga deals with incest, I guess.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Uh no. We have already plenty of stories with sisters-who-aren't-really-sisters, but it's still taboo for them to be in love and the way they relate to each other is not necessarily linked to their blood relation.

The basic plot wouldn't suffer that much if they weren't related by blood. Just the fact that they were raised together is enough.

And by the way, this story doesn't even really address the taboo. It stays comedic. Which is fine, but then what's the point of making them blood related? If there's an elephant in the room, I usually expect the author to address it at some point.

The fact that they are blood related adds a potential to the story that isn't realized.

But if this story satisfies you the way it is, you do you as well.

They're both girls. They being blood related or not isn't a issue at all.
Incest is taboo because of offspring.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Can we not do politics here please? (For the record, America is not scary, I feel safer here than any other country in the world.)

That's nice that you've been to every country in the world already.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Come on! Wtv said in the spoiler text earlier that there was some fairly obvious subtext already and it's only 8 chapters in.

I said one scene. One scene in 8 chapter hardly should be considered subtext. We have a lot of more in less in any MTK show.
Anyway, I'm not the one calling it queerbaiting. I wouldn't say that for a lot of reasons and don't think it's yuri, but okay, it's not het either. That's not why I dislike it, though. This is just a bad "sports" manga.

To begin with, yeah, I can't take "e-sports" seriously. I don't know how they could do it interesting and this title sure as hell isn't showing me. What they do here would be considered bad in any sports manga, because we have 8...8 full chapters of exposition.
Yes, in each of these 8 chatpers they give a full tutorial about frame, dash, blocking, canceling, any little thing about fighting game. This is just bad storytelling.
Think about it. Imagine Saki, or any sport anime, for that matter, where they spend hundreds and hundreds of pages explaining the technical part of that sport. Its rules, its strategies. There's a reason no one does that. Sport manga should be fun, not educational. We don't want to learn about the sport while reading it, we want it to be emotional. But here we have pretty much a fighting game manual, instead of an actual manga.

Well, you'll probably see it once more chapters are translated. And you'll see why it's hard to put any yuri inside of a story that's not even trying to work with their characters to begin with.

last edited at Jul 6, 2017 9:22AM by Nezchan

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Queer baiting? Queer baiting.
Good to know I won't have to expect something then.

...it's at 3 published chapters right now. Are you people wasting your supernatural oracle talents to look into the future and see how ongoing yuri series end or are you just taking the piss because you're jaded and want to sound smart? No yuri marriage with science baby in 3 chapters? Fucking dropped!

There's 8 chapters out.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Though I think I haven't seen any yuri sports Manga beyond subtext anyways.

There's hardly any subtext either. They...held hands and blushed a little once, I guess. I actually have no idea how this is being published on YH.