Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I'm currently working on building a combiner script with a different UI. I could probably use your help actually implementing a lot of your work. Both you and cyricc are more advanced coders than I.

I can try to help out some but the main reason I still haven't gotten around to the overhaul of the Thingifier I've talked about in the past is due to spending a lot less time at my computer due to health issues so how much I can help will be pretty limited.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

I'm curious if it wouldn't just be better to try to make a singular script add-on that incorporates all our current scripts.

I'd love to try, but the scripts you and cyrric have posted don't have any license information on them

If you want to try, feel free to try and combine any of mine. I didn't include a license since I didn't really think it'd end up being necessary but it should be covered by a general open source license.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I think you should probably put a "last updated" date on the very every entry on the index. It'll probably help.

That's a good idea. I won't bother going and finding the last updated dates for everything already on the list but I'll definitely do that in the future. (And just did for the script you updated.)

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Hey Alice, I just pushed a new update to my (three year old) tagifier script on Github. It includes a new feature. Can you update the top level directory post you maintain to include it? Thanks!

Yup, I just did. Let me know if you want any changes from what I included.

Alice Cheshire
Liberta discussion 07 Sep 01:01
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

luinthoron posted:

Well, that was a pretty impressive way to catch up.

And yeah, the moment the gun came out, I knew this guy would be a villain as well. Japanese police normally don't just start shooting as if they're Americans.

American cops aren't actually that bad either. Unless the suspect isn't white I mean.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I was wondering why this chapter seemed so familiar. Turns out I proofread it and forgot about it until I read the credits page, lol.

Alice Cheshire
Roid discussion 01 Sep 20:00
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

fauce posted:

It's bizarre to me how many writers (and people in general) don't seem to view destroying or deleting a sapient intelligence as murder if it's digital.

This writer might, but it's clearly supposed to be like, lesser murder, since its definitely not written as if we're supposed to interpret the two who were okay with deleting her as murdering psychopaths?

We're accidental meat robots built by dumb luck and a lot of time. We should treat our fellow robots with respect, dang it.

Absolutely, I was so indignant when I was getting to that part, Anna deserves better

Consider that people tend to value an original painting more than its replicas...

I like this manga.

Replica paintings aren't intelligent nor alive though, lol.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Bugpope posted:

This manga probably won't go there, but this is a good set-up for wholesome, consensual tentacle sex. Just saying.

That sounds like a good way to get some really uncomfortable splinters to me.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

selemanecu posted:

selemanecu posted:

Haruki in chapter 3: "You should learn how to rely on "others" more." "You can count on me."

Sei in chapter 9: "It's okay to rely on "me" more." "I'm really happy that you could be mine."

dunno but from what I read Haruki (for a teen) gives her way more breathing room while Sei (the adult) just suffocates Aya whether she wants it or not

I don't recall which chapter it is but there's at least one from Haruki's point of view where I'm pretty sure she made it fairly clear in her internal dialogue that she doesn't like Aya being able to actually do anything for herself. I'm not going to claim her relationship with Sei is healthy but Haruki definitely doesn't seem like a healthy choice either.

I sincerely cannot recall where she claimed that! Could you find it for me please? To me Sei still makes sure that Aya dances on her palm and doesn't think for herself with her manipulation!

Aya said to her that she wants to take the easy way out instead of building up a relationship (Haruki even called her out on it, she is the closest thing she has to a family because her parents try their best to be non existant) which resulted in her rushing into a abusive toxic relationship with zero thought and being gradually broken by Sei over time. Also Aya claims that people drift apart from her but her conversation with Haruki (don't do this I don't want to drift apart) in chapter 8 heavily implies she kicks people out of her life herself. Don't ignore that Haruki is going through Puberty she could grow into a healthier choice over time perhaps... but Sei? Honestly No! They are unshipable for me from the start!

I'm having a bit of trouble finding it right now and don't have the time to continue. If you have some spare time, you might consider trying to reread things yourself and see if you can find it.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

selemanecu posted:

Haruki in chapter 3: "You should learn how to rely on "others" more." "You can count on me."

Sei in chapter 9: "It's okay to rely on "me" more." "I'm really happy that you could be mine."

dunno but from what I read Haruki (for a teen) gives her way more breathing room while Sei (the adult) just suffocates Aya whether she wants it or not

I don't recall which chapter it is but there's at least one from Haruki's point of view where I'm pretty sure she made it fairly clear in her internal dialogue that she doesn't like Aya being able to actually do anything for herself. I'm not going to claim her relationship with Sei is healthy but Haruki definitely doesn't seem like a healthy choice either.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

random posted:

Y’all think she grows flowers down there?

Probably closer to grass. Though those tend to have their own little flowers too come think of it...

So what you're saying is that rather than shaving she has to mow the lawn?

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

jimbuwu posted:

am i the only one who wants aya to start dating her friend? i feel like now that haruki is aware of her feelings for aya she could be able to overcome her own hatred for her sexuality if aya would let haruki love her(which aya seems to be okay with?). i can see a haruki as a very caring and loving partner to aya, while also allowing aya to escape her toxic relationship with sei. but i guess nothing this happy would ever happen ;-;

Uh, wasn't it made rather clear that Haruki just wants Aya to rely on her and do nothing for herself? Cause that's not remotely healthy.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I made a new script to add links for MangaDex searches to pages.

This is basically what it does. And here's the code if anyone wants to use it:

// ==UserScript==    
// @name         Dynasty: MangaDex Search    
// @namespace    Alice    
// @version      4    
// @description  try to take over the world!    
// @author       Alice    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/*    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/series/*    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/issues/*    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/*    
// @grant        none    
// ==/UserScript==    

let dstitle;    

if (document.location.href.match(/chapters/)) {    
    dstitle = document.querySelector("#chapter-title");    
} else {    
    dstitle = document.querySelector("h2.tag-title");    
}    

let title,    
    author, x0 = document.createElement("span"),    
    x1 = document.createElement("a"),    
    x2 = document.createElement("a");    

if (!dstitle.querySelector("b a")) {    
    title = dstitle.querySelector("b").innerText;    
} else {    
    title = dstitle.querySelector("b a").innerText;    
}    

x0.innerText = "MangaDex Search:";    
x0.style.paddingLeft = "4px";    
x1.href = "https://mangadex.org/search?title=" + title;    
x1.innerText = "Title";    
x1.style.margin = "0 4px";    
x0.appendChild(x1);    

if (document.location.href.match(/chapters/) || document.location.href.match(/series/)) {    
    if (!dstitle.querySelector("b a")) {    
        author = dstitle.querySelector("a").innerText;    
    } else {    
        author = dstitle.querySelectorAll("a")[1].innerText;    
    }    
    x2.href = "https://mangadex.org/search?author=" + author;    
    x2. innerText = "Author";    
    x0.appendChild(x2);    
}    
dstitle.appendChild(x0);    

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 5:09AM

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BV posted:

I'm still holding hope for a potential season 2, as well.

I usually don't like romance anime but they did a really great job with season 1. And it stops before they even get to the best parts of the story too. I really hope that we'll hear news of a second season sometime soon.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ChaozCloud posted:

I'll just post what I did on Mangadex:

I really question the population of this school. According to the campus shown in this chapter it's around 2.25 sq. km. max. (~1.5km across its widest point on both axes.) With a population of 1,558,000 that'd give a population density of 692,444 people per square kilometer. According to this page on Wikipedia, the densest city in the world is Manila with a population density of 46,178 people per square kilometer. That's a hair under 15x the population density.

So basically 0.69 persons per square meter.
So people are gay because they can't avoid touching other girls.

It's actually even worse than that since the 2.25 sq. km I got was from its largest dimensions. Overall it'd probably be somewhere around 1/2 to 2/3rds the size I gave up there which could give a population density as high as high as about 1,384,889 people per sq. km.

BV posted:

How do the Kowloon Walled City and Dharavi Slum compare to the campus?

According to this page, Kowloon was worse at 1,930,000 people per square kilometer. I'm not sure if the Dharavi Slum is a subset of Dharavi as a whole or not since the Wikipedia page seems to use the two terms fairly interchangeably but this page gives enough info to get a population density of around 461,893 people per sq. km, though the text on the page gives it as "more than 277,136 people per sq. km" for some reason. So not as bad as the first (though Kowloon had a far lower population, just on much much smaller territory. Although it's important to note that pretty much the entirety of Kowloon were towers that were in the 8-12 story range) but notably worse than the latter which Wikipedia notes is one of the most densely populated places on the planet.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'll just post what I did on Mangadex:

I really question the population of this school. According to the campus shown in this chapter it's around 2.25 sq. km. max. (~1.5km across its widest point on both axes.) With a population of 1,558,000 that'd give a population density of 692,444 people per square kilometer. According to this page on Wikipedia, the densest city in the world is Manila with a population density of 46,178 people per square kilometer. That's a hair under 15x the population density.

Alice Cheshire
Pay for gay discussion 06 Aug 17:51
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Raywis posted:

But isn't "gay for pay" accurate? I'm gay to get paid.
Even I'm doing gay things to get paid sounds accurate regardless of what xyz gets!

The connotation of gay for pay is that you are being gay to get paid. Meaning you're not actually gay outside of that. That's why the name was changed since 90% of the things tagged as gay for pay were actually characters that were gay to begin with.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

So is this the final chapter or is there more to come still?

Deus posted:

Hope we get to see Akira's face after they've medically transitioned or I'm not buying the whole trans thing.

That's rather transphobic, you know. As luinthoron pointed out, plenty of actually transgender people cannot or don't want to fully transition for various reasons. Your arbitrary expectations of their gender are not what validates their identity.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This ended up being a really long list but I listen to a shit load of different music. This is a good sampling of my favorite music.

Various Metal/Rock:
BAND-MAID - Thrill
exist†trace - Hai no Yuki
exist†trace - Lost in Helix
exist†trace - Resonance
exist†trace - Judea
Mardelas - World vs. Honor
Unlucky Morpheus - Cadaver/Revadac
Unlucky Morpheus - Unending Sorceress
Yousei Teikoku - Shito Kanadeshi Hametuno Tategoto
Yousei Teikoku - Kyusei Άργυρóϛ
Killswitch Engage - Rose of Sharyn
Metallica - Unforgiven III
Metallica - Orion
Metallica - Leper Messiah
Rage Against the Machine - Bulls On Parade
Slipknot - Duality
Slipknot - Spiders
Tool - Lateralus
Trivium - He Who Spawned the Furies
Trivium - Blind Leading the Blind
Dope - Addiction
Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
Queen - Killer Queen

Classical:
Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata, 3rd Movement
Franz Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody no. 2
Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the Flowers

Game Music:
Danganronpa 2's Let My Feelings Reach You Too
Persona 3's Burn My Dread
Persona 4's Reach Out to the Truth

Pop:
Girls Generation - Run Devil Run
Girls Generation - Galaxy Supernova
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Harajuku Iyahoi
World Order - Machine Civilization
Britney Spears - Bombastic Love
Britney Spears - Cinderella
Lady Gaga - Applause

Charlie Daniels - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
The Highwaymen - Highwayman
Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
Johnny Horton - Whispering Pines

Rap:
Dan Bull - Civilization
MC Frontalot - First World Problem
Eminem - Just Lose It
Eminem - Till I Collapse

Misc:
Loreena McKennit - The Highwayman
Garbage - Shut Your Mouth
Garbage - Cherry Lips
Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains

Vocaloid Stuff:
Okame-P - My Way
UtsuP - Corpse Attack!!
Nashimoto-P - Hyperpnea Dance
SHEBA - Heat Haze
Noraneko - In the Closing Darkness
ryo - Love is War
UtsuP - Welcome To Love Hospital
Machigerita - Full Course For Candy Addicts
Karasuyasabou - Dance Dance Decadence
SweetRevengeK - Dirty Duty

last edited at Jul 28, 2020 7:26AM

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Roshi710 posted:

We really need a notification system on this site!!!

You can set up notification emails under "manage profile"

Pretty sure they're talking about things like site announcements, not subscription updates.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

I hope the new place is fully compatible and stuff like all the posts and lists go over too.

That's not really how a host migration works. From what I recall the site runs on Ruby, so any host that supports sites coded in Ruby would support the entire site, lists, posts, and everything else. A site overhaul, on the other hand, could potentially be a worry there if it happened since that would mean the site (or parts of it) are getting recoded and may not support the same things.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Midnightgunner posted:

So... Murder charges, right? Triple...

You can only get charged if you get caught.

Alice Cheshire
Pay for gay discussion 18 Jul 00:51
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MacySan posted:

Isn't Yurika's campus life literally gay for pay though? Because she keeps stating that she's not interested in women but she needs the money, plus men don't like her at all.

Pay for gay works perfectly fine for that still. She's being paid to be gay. The reverse, however, is extremely inaccurate for most things that use the tag.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

There were a few spots the translation was really difficult to decode. For example on this page there's several references to "external student" which just made no sense at all. It was only through the surrounding context that I was able to decode what they actually meant was "transfer student". What's up with translators and QCers missing stuff like this? I could understand the translator missing it as they're in the process of translating but surely they read over it afterwards to make sure everything flows correct, right? And you'd think that if they overlooked it that a QCer would catch it.

Serenata posted:

I LOVE FIGHTING GAMES!!! LILI PLAYER AND ELISA PLAYERRRRRR IN TEKKEN!!

Lili is the only character I'm worth a damn at in Tekken 7. I started off playing as Alyssa and I can do alright as her but I quickly found out against my irl friend who specializes in fighting games that she's not near as good a character as I thought. With Lili I at least had about a 50% chance to win when he chose a random character. (Which is a good win ratio against him. I'm the second best in our friend group at fighting games but I don't specialize in them or even play them all that often really.)

Serenata posted:

GGWP means Good Game Well played, in case it wasn't obvious XP

It actually wasn't for me since I don't play many multiplayer games so thanks for pointing it out, lol.

Alice Cheshire
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Muffin posted:

I'll never understand all this drama with graduating that always happens in anime/manga
Like... why are they acting like they will never see each other again? Just fucking add your friends on facebook and hang out from time to time lol

It's quite common to lose contact with friends from high school. I only talk to like three of my friends from high school myself. I have like 5-6 others added on places like Steam but I basically never talk to any of them. And the three I do talk to is fairly rarely itself. Maybe a few times a month at most. And the same is fairly common even for more extroverted people in my experience. My sister's way more social than I am and she's not in contact with too many of her high school friends either.