Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Is it just me or does Chidori look a little hungry in Nanoha's phone wallpaper? Looks to me like she's about to take a bit bite out of her friend's head.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
A Cute Guy discussion 10 Nov 17:02
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

yuri forever posted:

Disgusting, this should be a yuri page

While it may not have been a warning to you, there have been warnings about this across the last couple pages. This site is yuri-centric but that does not mean it's only for yuri. It's had het and even yaoi since its inception. If you have a problem with it, then don't read it. This isn't exactly complicated. Furthermore, posts like this add exactly nothing of value to the site. Don't post like this again.

last edited at Nov 10, 2022 5:03PM

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

White Rose posted:

(Mainly because the yuri in her story is fake yuri that she doesn't even notice—and only the boys, especially the mfcking prince, are treated like serious romantic interests, grr!)

That's actually one of the most irritating parts of that series in my opinion due to the fact that Maria is the only one who ever actually supports Katarina just being herself. Despite the fact that the others love her for the way she is, they still constantly chastise her for living up to the image they have of her. Maria, on the other hand, is of the mindset that Katarina shouldn't change and that she should just become stronger to support her instead. In my opinion, it's the only one of the bunch who's actually fit for her.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Random_Bird posted:

We've got someone advertising an essay sale site to help cheat at university here. FYI
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/819022

Dealt with.

bubuu posted:

I have a question:
Whenever you link the nth page in a chapter, it always loads the first page, and then the page you linked.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch24#17

Was wondering if it might reduce bandwidth usage if it could just load the one page directly?

Tightly linked to that, when you click on the discussion of a series/one shot, it always takes you to the first page, instead of the last. This problem has been raised before, as no one really wants to see the comments on e.g. the first chapter, but rather the newest. I hope this can be changed soon!

In the mean time, my Dynasty Thingifier userscript actually embeds a link to the latest unread post in a thread from the chapter view.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

mg1342mg posted:

T*spam*

Seems inappropriate to be flogging your wares.

Mod edit: Removed quoted spam.

Don't quote spam. It just makes more work for whoever deals with the bot.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Oct 06:43
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Sadistic-Demon posted:

Why is het even on here???

There's been het on the site since it started. Just because it's primarily yuri does not mean that's all that gets uploaded. If you have a problem with it, then blacklist the het tag.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lilisionnach posted:

Delicious spam

Incidentally, I just banned that bot before even seeing this post, lol.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Did the manga have Evie going over how she was a loner in her past life as well? It's been awhile so I can't recall.

Nene posted:

Incandescent can actually mean "displaying intense emotion," though I don't think I've heard it used that way very often at all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

RadiosAreObsolete posted:

I'd imagine her to be more the type to avoid participating in pe.

I thought the exact same with this part. as Mitsuki clearly doesn't like people and seems to try and be by herself and not noticed why are they now making her a sporty type person as well. Her persona is just all over the place. Not that I'm complaining as it just makes her hotter but it wasn't needed and kinda out of left field.

Idk i dont get this take, people arent just story tropes, theres plenty of people out there that are not very social but still sporty lol.

I wasn't really saying this because of story tropes, but because of my experience in school. From my own classmates, the more reserved ones, almost always didn't participate much in sports. And for Mitsuki in particular it seems a bit weird to me, since—as far as we know at least—she seems more interested in music, so I can't really imagine her to have been involved with sports outside of school either. Besides, the manga itself has no problem relying tropes and personality "types", so even from that perspective, I find the sporty thing to be a bit of a weird choice on the author's part.

While it's certainly more common, it's definitely not the rule. In my highschool there were a fair amount of people (myself and quite a number of others in my group of friends) who were both fairly athletic and fairly reserved and introverted as well. Speaking from my own experience, while I didn't particularly want to stand out, it was also pretty easy to get lost in whatever game we were playing and just focus on enjoying myself. As a result I actually ended up with a reputation for being nigh-impossible to hit in dodgeball, for example, despite not even trying to do anything to earn said reputation.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nyashi posted:

Now that Manaria has unveiled the Teleport spell I can point out that wind magic so far has achieved:
-Flight (Manaria)
-Telepathy (Manaria also)
-Teleportation (Manaria part 3)
-Magic Nullification (Misha's Siren)
-The ability to turn air solid (Thane's air walking)

Thus proving my thesis that wind magic's true ability is to do whatever the plot requires of it.

Most of those have an actual logical explanation. Flight should be pretty obvious, as should making the air solid. Telepathy can be explained by controlling the air in such a way as to establish a private conversation at a distance. (Dunno if that's actually how it works in-universe though.) I don't know exactly how teleportation works in-universe but even that could be explained by extremely quick movement which would normally be an ability associated with wind. Dunno about Misha's Siren though. I don't recall enough details about it to have any kind of theory on how it works.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Zar posted:

More spam.

Dealt with.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

luinthoron posted:

Oh, new spam... https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/807579 and the previous post in the same thread as well.

Taken care of.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I really need to get around to finishing this series at some point. I have the first three but I've only completed the first two. Though I dunno that the third or fourth games will be as good as the second one since Erika's not the protagonist in them.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lilpha posted:

Found what looks to be a spam comment that stuck around for a week:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=84914

Dealt with.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

b58 posted:

Blastaar posted:

It didn’t help that it was running at the same time as AnoKiss, with a similar basic setup but exponentially more control.

Yeah, but less punching people out during chess matches. (I assume, I ended up dropping it like 20 chapters in due to not having time to keep up with it and haven't gotten back around to reading the entire thing.)

I actually really liked that revolutionary method to achieve a checkmate in the first move, don't think the overall hyperactive and nonsensical tone was the main problem, it's more that it just didn't result in something... coherent I guess.

That knockout punch was one of my favorite parts of the entire series, lol. I was curious what she'd use as her handicap but punching out her opponent was absolutely not what I expected at all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blastaar posted:

It didn’t help that it was running at the same time as AnoKiss, with a similar basic setup but exponentially more control.

Yeah, but less punching people out during chess matches. (I assume, I ended up dropping it like 20 chapters in due to not having time to keep up with it and haven't gotten back around to reading the entire thing.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Kojiro481 posted:

Chapter 112: Interesting conundrum: ditch high school girl because aspirations don’t match or change majors to stay with “the Only One”? In this manga—they’ll stay together. IRL, thanks for the memories… moving on.

Edit: Blastaar’s comment was funny on a couple levels.

Except she'd do the same thing whether she stays or goes to Tokyo. She's gonna learn patisserie either way, it's just that before she assumed she'd stay at home since the kinda school she'll go to is already closely available so there was no need to think about moving until now.

Well, yeah, the romance-manga trope is that each person in a couple has to decide where they're going after high school, and the "romantic" choice is to be together.

I get the impression, though, that in Japan Tokyo is the magnet for aspiring young people in a way that isn't necessarily the case in the US or in Europe (and I definitely get that impression about Seoul in Korea). As Nanoha points outs, she has a handful of school choices in her region, but exponentially more potential schools in Tokyo.

In other words, for people from the provinces, the choice is between staying near home and getting an OK education/professional preparation or going to Tokyo for the big(ger) time start in life. But in the US that "bigger time" might be New York, but it might also be Chicago, or LA, or any number of other places depending on an individual's ambitions.

Having spent time in both France and England, I'd add that it's pretty much the same with Paris and London. There's a very definite ''the capital vs the rest'' mindset. I guess it's more of a thing in smaller countries (in the geographical sense, not the population) .

I don't know that I'd call Japan or France small. Japan is about the same size as the entire west coast of the US. California takes up about half that area and if it were its own country, it'd still rank in the top 40 or 50 countries by territory. France is roughly the same size as Texas which is similar in size to California. The UK would be the best one for what you said, though it's still fairly close in size to France.

Japan-US Comparison
France-US Comparison
UK-US Comparison

Bonus comparison between all of Europe and the US:
Europe-US Comparison

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Doctor_Hoot posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/772428
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=81454

Spam

Maybe email verification or captcha could reduce the spam somewhat? But I'm guessing there's a reason why these haven't been used so far.

Removed them. As for why spam keeps happening, from what I recall in the past a lot of it is actually manually posted by people rather than bots.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Masina posted:

What seems to be missing in the current translation is that we are missing extra 1 and extra 2 which are in between 6 and 7. Extra 1 shows that Nanase got a new hair cut, and her friends do not really care so she wanted her hair to grow back ASAP. Yuni was there, and hit on Nanase and said that she absolutely loves Nanase's hairdo. That was how Nanase and Yuni started their relationship. Extra 2 shows that, while Yuni falls asleep in the room, Fuu was talking either to herself or Yuni or both; and to make the story short (you have to read it yourself), Fuuko is playing the long game, using whatever methods to sabotage Yuni's relationship with Nanase, and then keep Yuni all by herself. The game plan is to make Yuni forgets about Nanase bit by bit, like the caterpillar fungus.
There are places that even I could not realize util re-reading it for the third time. Fuuko actually was sexual harassing Yuni while they were both on the stairs in Chapter 1. Then in Chapter 8, she absolutely behaves like a sugar-mama. Providing Yuni the money to go on the Osaka trip, while at the same time sexually foundering Yuni in the classroom.
The one thing I feel is very important is in the last panel of the current issue (July 2022, issued in May) , who says "I love you very much" I think it is Yuni, which means that Fuuko's plan is working very well.
I hate to say this. .I still like Fuuko.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.

You need to use spoiler tags for content that isn't currently uploaded on Dynasty. For example: =/=Text goes here== (Without the "/" between the first two equals.) For more information on post formatting, see here.

As an addendum, rather than making several posts in a row, you should just go back and edit the one you already made.

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 7:51PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

shadesan posted:

Spam?
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=61475
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=59431
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=63967
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=58094
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=81065

Removed them.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

Comment by Masina with un tagged spoilers: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/18627-my-girlfriend-s-not-here-today-discussion?page=24#forum_post_787995

Looks like they've already edited in spoiler tags themself.

I mean, I might be blind, but I do not see any spoiler tags there. And there is discussion of chapters not currently on Dynasty (the two extras and chapter 8 - we are currently at chapter 6 on this site).

Ah, I see the issue. The forum jumped me to the wrong post. Rather than scrolling to the linked post, it scrolled me to this one instead. I'll deal with it soon, just need to read through things to try and get a grasp on which parts are spoilers since it's not a series I'm reading.

Alice Cheshire Moderator