Forum › Posts by Utoptia

Utoptia
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Really happy to read this a second time, now in a well translated English, and now uncensored (the kiss scenes were somehow removed from the Chinese reader I've been using, how strange...).
Brace yourselves, for there are currently almost a dozen more excellent chapters waiting to be translated, and it keeps getting better.
Thanks for your work, Office Lady Officers.

Utoptia
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Just passing by to express my gratitude to you guys for picking up My Dearest Nemesis. Such a gem... that would otherwise have gone unnoticed to Western readers. Thanks for your work, OLO.

Utoptia
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

In the ever-growing pool of bland, tasteless and generic yuri series that keep being released, I can't stress how refreshing it is to read XIan Jun's stories. Besides the great art style, what sets GTB and now this manga apart is how the author slightly and cleverly twists overused tropes and situations to create comedy. It takes a good knowledge of the genre and a good understanding of the readers' horizon of expectations to write such a story that always feels lighthearted, always hits in the right spot and never feels heavy or obvious.

Utoptia
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

So, the incredible Voice of her fingertips was not only a one-off story from this author, who then never touched the genre again? They've actually drawn other yuris?! That's interesting. Now, I want to see more of their works.

Thanks for the translation, Yuri Project.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Christmas came early this year. This series – the only ongoing one worth reading these days – is truly amazing. Even in the way the author maliciously twists the usual tropes like the first kiss, and makes the story-telling so smooth and natural.

I sure hope the CCP will not rule out this gem.

last edited at Dec 22, 2021 11:15PM

Utoptia
Wicked Girl discussion 20 Apr 21:37
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

« —One may promise actions, but no sentiments, for these are involuntary. Whoever promises to love or hate a person, or be faithful to him for ever, promises something which is not within his power; he can certainly promise such actions as are usually the results of love, hate, or fidelity, but which may also spring from other motives ; for many ways and motives lead to one and the same action. The promise to love some one for ever is, therefore, really : So long as I love you I will act towards you in a loving way ; if I cease to love you, you will still receive the same treatment from me, although inspired by other motives, so that our fellow-men will still be deluded into the belief that our love is unchanged and ever the same. One promises therefore, the continuation of the semblance of love, when, without self-deception, one speaks vows of eternal love.»

– Nietzsche, in. Human, All Too Human, second division, aphorism 58.

Sums this great oneshot pretty well.

Utoptia
Nutmeg discussion 11 Apr 21:57
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I'm grateful these chapters have been translated — and drawn, in the first place! But I'm curious about what is keeping Otsu Hiyori so busy they can't draw anymore. Anyone — japanese-fluent people, I assume, how lucky... — knows how Otsu is doing? Also, if they (she?) have something like a social network or a blog (other than the very outdated and not updated link in the Dynasty author page), that would be kind of anyone to share it.

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 3:35PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Not sure if a forum about Girls' love is the best out of all places inside and outside the internet to seek truth about Politics - - a subject the greatest thinkers have been pondering ever since mankind existed and which has yet to be solved.

I don't mind this kind of discussion here granted everyone remains polite and courteous, but as shown once more, it always ends up degenerating and inflaming. For a debate to go well, the most important requisite is to neither care too much about the others' opinion nor about your own (yes, I said it). A requisite that will not be met anytime you implicitly assume that your personal beliefs are inherently true / morally superior / more valid. Perhaps some users should try taking example from a stance of tolerance and open-mindedness instead of pushing their views onto others. It sure would leave everyone's feeling less hurt at the end of the day.

It may be the nostalgia speaking, but I agree with Roshi710's diagnosis: there have been more social issues-related arguments on the forum, to the point I've become reluctant to open the comment sections of newer chapters. As even a four-page long, super cute reversal story of a maid being seduced by her mistress can now wage an eventually moderated quarrel of dozen of angry users.

TL;DR: chill guys

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Throbelisk said:

If you were concerned about your country's democratic process being under attack by deranged cultists, maybe you'd be less inclined to make asshole edgelord trolling comments, too. It's just a thought. Y'all have a good day.

Yeah, thanks for proving my point. Have a good day, too.

Comments like this. Why do you do this? Who are you benefiting from this garbage? Why do you insist on being completely insufferable?

Noting how you went from a burning ‘insufferable cunt’ to a soberer ‘completely insufferable ∅’ after you have cooled down (thanks for editing such a naughty word out by the way), it seems like you may have anger issues. If that’s effectively the case, then I’m sorry I triggered you. There is no point in dragging this conversation further, as things will only keep inflaming, so let’s just drop it.

Have a good day, and, if I may add some piece of advice, try not taking the things you read on this forum too personally. Especially here in the café, since after all, it’s a place meant for people to carefreely – or at least not too seriously – talk about anything and have a nice time.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Throbelisk said:

I believe that you very often are not in the mood to laugh at 'tone-deaf jokes' – or to laugh at all.

If you were concerned about your country's democratic process being under attack by deranged cultists, maybe you'd be less inclined to make asshole edgelord trolling comments, too. It's just a thought. Y'all have a good day.

Yeah, thanks for proving my point. Have a good day, too.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Throbelisk said:

Does he say anything about the ongoing rescue operation of US special forces from Kisaragi Station by two Japanese teenagers?

You'll forgive me if I'm not exactly in the mood to laugh at tone-deaf jokes of ridiculous depictions.

I believe that you very often are not in the mood to laugh at 'tone-deaf jokes' – or to laugh at all.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Another year passes and the world is heading more and more toward destruction. Can't wait to see that happen! Happy new year everyone!

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 8:45AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Lilliwyt said :

There is no system better than another.

Out of the proposed systems on this thread, I sure agree with you! ^^
And, undoubtedly , the interminably-repeated communist / Marxian / anarchist ones are, if not worse, at least bound to fail.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Just dropping some music I've been listening to. It's french, and it's rap!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

So is anyone else getting crypto-het/male pov surrogate vibes off this? The sex has a strong emphasis on penetration (of Kohashi), Hayami (as pov char) is always on top, and attention is never drawn to her gender - eg no touching of her breasts or genitals, in the first sex scene she keeps her underwear on. We don't see much of her sexual experience at all, almost as if "she" blew her load when penetrating Kohashi.

Utoptia
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Haven't browsed Dynasty for a long time, and so I am looking for all the (good?) one-shots or short completed yuri that have been released here since early 2019. Thanks in advance!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Lilliwyt said :

Guess i should hold an apologize for the locking of the Childhood Friend Yuri(?) thread as I think i shouldn't have step out of my way to talk about matter that doesn't concerned me. I know now that i shouldn't talk lightly on delicate subject like Transgender and TERFs comments so i guess i would stop commentings on such subjects. I will honestly understand if i must face some consequences on any sorts.

Protip : one cannot be a TERF if they aren't feminist to begin with.

Joking aside, the Dynasty staff is, and, as far as I can remember, has always been holding a very adamant stance on trans-related topics: some might even remember some clear cases of bias with a user whose name started with vi. The best way not to get insta-banned, in this particular case, is merely to avoid stepping in any of those debates. It is always better to wait for the burning issues to cool down a bit. And so is abiding by the rules..!

Utoptia
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^^^ It is a well-known one, but I do believe in its tear-inducing power. By the same token, one should also consider this and that.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Well, the list of reasons I hate the right-wing just got one item longer...
My GF, who joined a right-wing conservative party in early December just ditched me, saying she puts her ideas and thoughts over love. However, the story of this break-up ain't over yet. Y'see, she didn't have the courage to tell me in any way, so she told my mom instead, who has been pressuring her the last few hours to see why doesn't she come to the previously agreed upon dates these last 3 days. My mom then informed me. I refuse to accept it unless my GF tells me that we're breaking up face-to-face, which is why, first thing in the morning, after I have breakfast, I'm going straight to her house to confront her and make her to break our relationship up properly.
It's a relationship we've been in for 4 years, 3 months and 4 days, so y'all better believe that I'm genuinely shocked and heartbroken.

There is nothing wrong with adhering to a right-wing conservative party - or simply right-wing views, though. Sometimes, I wonder where true tolerance lies...
That being said, a break-up is always a sad way to end the year, especially when the relationship had been this long: let's hope 2020 will be better, for everyone. A late happy new year from France, fellows!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Allow me to amend what I said before: having looked through a certain moderator's post history, I actually witnessed some cases of definitely unfair and unwarned ban. Following the overall same trend Western societies seem to be following, it appears the thought police is becoming harsher here too, grounded in what is starting to resemble an ideology. I should have abstained from taking a look at the recent Transgender tag discussion.
When, for all uneducated they might be, politely-worded opinions that differ from your views are ipso facto considered as unorthodox and should therefore be excluded on sight is a sign that intolerance and narrow-mindedness are not so faraway anymore.

Seeing (parts of) this community slowly becoming, over the years, more and more extreme is saddening, especially when, a few years ago, one could read such wise words; which, I believe, still are to this day, one of the most thoughtful and insightful comment this forum has ever borne. Though I have an idea and understand why moderation is siding with a certain view and holding a certain stance - there may be some underlying personal reasons - by no means does it justify arbitrarily banning.

Another reason to stick to my original advice: consensual opinions, as narrow as possible debates and cheering, light-minded comments!

last edited at Sep 2, 2022 6:36PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Nothing new under the sun here, honestly. The banhammer's handling has always be, as far as I can remember, swift and remorseless: some accounts survive, some don't. That being said, still being able to post after a whopping total of almost 4400 comments on barely a year and half is a sign mods here aren't that unrelenting - not as much as we sometimes like to portray them, at least.

The shadow of the banhammer is never far, however, so post carefully and avoid subversive comments and neverending debates about your favorite yuri. Less risk for people congratulating each other under sweet, angst-less doujin!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

BugDevil said :

Why do so many mods around here have a god complex? Banning people for absolutely nothing? This is getting ridiculous. I would have written a rant, but I don't even have the energy to waste on that.

Not like you can contact mods directly, so I can't even ask what the heck they are thinking. These forums are so mismanaged and full of bias. If I wanted to see people abuse their power I'd go to HongKong. sigh

What happened ?

Utoptia
Rainbow discussion 02 Jun 09:44
Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Nezchan said

Mostly it's pointing things out here or DMing/pinging me on Discord (same username).

But yeah, I generally skim through all the new messages at least once a day, often more than that.

Ah, the joy of unemployment.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Fuck, that's sudden. And sad.
Never been a fan of FF, but it was a step forward for manhwa and yuri in general. At least her suffering is over.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Finally a Rokuroichi's work here, and a good one. Thanks for the translation !