Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Some Lord of the Underworld yuri for you all.

Amusing that they use the name "Hades", when the actual myth uses "Pluto" instead. In fact, from what I gather the story is Pluto's primary myth under that name.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Plutonic love simply means love without sex.

Plutonic love is when she loves you even though you're no longer a planet.

No,you got it wrong, It's a love of cartoon dogs.

What are you saying about love for THE LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD, mortal?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

don't you folks mean a-social? anti-social is a personality disorder isn't it?

Anti-social is also a common colloquial term that simply means "unfriendly". The term was only applied to the disorder in 1980, but colloquially it goes back far beyond that.

So there's a clinical version and a non-clinical version.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

romantic attraction and sexual attraction.

Those 2 things were always separate for me, so I really can't understand the issue. You can love someone romantically, while not being sexually attracted to them, the same way you can be attracted to someone sexually, while not having any romantic feelings whatsoever. I'm not inherently against calling it platonic love instead, but most people associate it more with admiration and strong, deep friendship than love, so I feel like using this term in more than more occasions, actually does more harm than good. Let's face it, word romance is very heavy integrated into our culture, so trying to use different word to describe the same feeling, just make people confuse and think there is some difference between two.

I think for me at least, the idea of Platonic love doesn’t carry the desire for exclusivity or intimacy that the modern concept of romance does. Like a more idealized sort of hands-off love.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I’ve seen a lot of talk in queer spaces in recent years about decoupling romantic attraction and sexual attraction. So you can have different responses on each axis. A lot of it has been in the context of asexuals who nevertheless have romantic relationships which don’t involve sex but do include the things we’d expect from romance, but it applies to others as well.

For instance, I currently identify as a biromantic lesbian, since I certainly could (and have) feel romantic attraction to male-identified folks, I’m not actually interested in fucking one. From what I’ve seen it’s a pretty useful distinction.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Somehow the latest parts of the A Room for Two forums became the early parts of the Bloom into You forums..

It's the Ciiiiircle of Liiiiife...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is getting ridiculous.

You’ve got a choice, folks. Take it to the Dynasty Cafe thread, or take it off-site. Just don’t continue it here.

Sorry, I was writing my post while this one came out. I'm done though.

What's the dynasty cafe thread?

This one here. It's meant for off-topic discussions and generally hanging out. Not as immediate as the Discord, but it doesn't have to be.

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/10103-dynasty-cafe-a-home-for-off-topic-discussion-where-everyone-s-welcome

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is getting ridiculous.

You’ve got a choice, folks. Take it to the Dynasty Cafe thread, or take it off-site. Just don’t continue it here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Keep in mind that arguing from dictionary definitions is inherently weak and not really worth bothering with. Dictionaries are descriptive of how people tend to use language, not prescriptive of how reality should be. Nor are they immutable or exhaustive, since language is malleable and changes over time. Particularly when it comes to social issues.

Fun for pedants, but ultimately not very convincing.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 09 Nov 15:04
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Tumblr_ph9e0l4qul1tk0buqo1_r2_1280

I don’t mean on that s pic. I mean in the forum in general.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 09 Nov 09:37
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Tumblr_ph9e0l4qul1tk0buqo1_r2_1280

I’ve been seeing a lot of complaining from you about translators taking too long, BV. I’m telling you here to stop it. We’ve already got a rule on this site against badgering scanlators about when they’ll release and you’re starting to push that.

Stopping really is your best interest.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

... I guess that now I got two ongoing manga to follow... When should next chapter be out (or, if it's already out, when can we expect it to be on DynastyReader)?

The answer to your first question is literally right above your post.

The answer to the second is “When it’s ready.”

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 07 Nov 13:34
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Ezgif-1-796cdc186a2e

Rin is the unpredictability Maki needs in her life.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 07 Nov 11:44
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
65837827_p0

Agree there. Once it started to get into UFO conspiracies and alternate fantasy worlds and...robot were-tigers, was it? The series pretty much lost the more personal charm it did in the early days.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow that was great wish it was longer

Maybe a series? I’d read a series based on them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, the story’s a bit thin, but the sentiment is perfect! Nice to see some good yuri with an older character who doesn’t look like she’s in her 20s.

I’ll be putting this one next to Off Time as a favourite of its type.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

bubbleteabird posted:

sighs i knew i should have downloaded this
btw this whole incident makes me wonder if any other yuri authors featured on here know about this site

Probably not. If they did, they all would requested removing their work from site.

I wonder about that. Honestly, I would be flattered if someone in Japan translated my work to Japanese, as long as they were still crediting me for the original.

So would I... if they asked permission to do so first. If someone I know nothing about did it and I only found out via an online search or some third party telling me that my work is being posted elsewhere without my knowledge, I'd be inclined to consider that pretty rude at minimum.

last edited at Nov 5, 2018 3:10PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

... Did real-life Japan really legalize same-sex marriage (in the form of domestic partnerships) when I wasn't looking, or is this just a reference to another yuri manga/doujinshi?

Some municipalities and districts have, but nothing on the national or prefectural level yet, as far as I know.

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 1:53PM

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

BTW, in between asking for recommendations and getting them, I actually read "Strawberry Shake"... but, while I was reading it, a hilarious movie review popped out of my memory into my mind. The guy behind that review gave "The Wolf of Wall Street" one star because, and I quote "There were no wolves in the movie.", and then I thought a fucking hilarious image up in my head:
If that same dude made a manga review of "Strawberry Shake", he would probably have given it one star, because there was no strawberry shake in the manga, and that in itself is more hilarious than any of the hilarious moments in the manga itself.
#DeadOfLaughter

It is sweet though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

can already feel @BugDevil typing "BV is at it again"

How about if I type it? Would you like that better?

Because I definitely wouldn’t.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It’s always been used as an umbrella term. That hasn’t changed.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ThatSuccubusGirl posted:

I really dislike how meaning of trans got changed to "not identifying with assigned gender."

Yeah uh, gonna go ahead and call that what it is it's transphobic. Transgender very fucking specifically means that you don't identify with the assigned gender at birth. It doesn't matter what the other gender(s) are you are TRANSITIONING into them. And you know what hurts actually trans people more? Bullshit like you're saying.

Yea, you just proved my point. Trans used to be just shortcut of transgender and meaning someone who don't identify with their assigned gender and wants to transition to opposite one (or already did so). Agender people are perfectly fine with their actual body and don't want to transition to anything so in no way they are trans. But because word trans nowadays just means "don't like their birth gender" everyone uses it and it can mean whatever.

To be more accurate, “transsexual” used to be used for what you’re describing, the transition from one gender to the other. “Transgender” was, and often still is, a more colloquial umbrella term for all sorts of gender variance. But as this aspect of society becomes more developed, as it has over the past decade or so especially, one must expect terms to shift and change to better describe the reality we’ve talking about.

Tl;dr It’s okay to use trans to refer to a gender folks.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Uh, the manga recommendations is exactly the kind of off-topic stuff that belongs in the Dynasty Cafe thread. Please take it over there and leave this for discussion of Bloom Into You, thanks.

Handy link for your convenience

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 10:37PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love how every episode so far has had produced laughs out of moments that didn't make any particular impression on me in the manga. This time it was the moment Yuu catches Touko staring at her.

I laughed out loud during that scene haha

Now, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just remembered a previous conversation about how @BugDevil said how unrelated videos can sometimes be rewards. Well, I found one in the meantime. Have a good laugh, everybody!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxVwZPic3c

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand... just in case you don't think that the amount of laugh you got was enough...
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd5LRfsuGlI-e3Yo0dWZBVKNlNYkOp6Ny

EDIT: I think I have actually been overly enthusiastic with trying to find another commonality amongst the members of this forum. If I somehow put you off by all I said in this post, I sincerely apologize.

Well for one that was me being snarky... and for another, please no spam BV. This is the forum for the Yagate kimi ni naru manga. Nothing else. If you want to have unrelated conversations or send people videos, may I suggest Discord?
I dunno, maybe Dynasty has a spam thread too, most sites do. Might be worth looking into.

Why am I doing the mod's job after being chewed out by the mod despite staying on topic. shakes head

Well, most of this seems to have happened while I was asleep, so that’s a thing.

In any case, if you want to be off topic, we’ve had the Dynasty Cafe thread for quite a while, and if people want to trade funny video links or whatever, that’s a great place for it.

Just don’t do it here, because I’ve already got users annoyed at this whole mess. If it flares up again today, we’re gonna be seeing some temp bans and deletions, and none of us want it to come to that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Going to agree here that the name order thing has gotten way too off topic. Please take it somewhere else.