Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking for one where a girl has feelings for her friend who she presumes is straight, they basically end up having casual sex and afterwords, the sentiment isn't really that the girl loves her back, but something along the lines of her never considering the option before but was considering it now.
Not sure about this, but the friend may have either been seeing someone else very casually at the same time or was just someone who slept around a bit.

Well, here's my guess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Though I write a lot myself, I unfortunately don't have the commitment or energy to finish a lot of the stories I get ideas for.

One idea I've been toying with for many years, but never actually put to paper, is a light fantasy story of a young woman being shipwrecked somewhere on a southern continent, where she is found by the young head priestess of a nearby village. The story would focus on their feelings for each other deepening as they slowly learn to communicate with each other. (Idea originally inspired by Nation - Terry Pratchett)

"HItomi and Hana...at Akihabara!"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But what about the Demon Share 'Em option?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd honestly be happy if the whole one-word character description thing died off anyway, given how much it encourages stereotyping characters and not looking deeper into them. Even just expanding it to "shy and defensive" helps a little, because then you're not just going "okay, I know what a tsundere is" and looking a bit more into why they're so shy and what they're defensive about.

But alas, that ain't ever gonna happen.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yogg-Saron posted:

Yogg-Saron posted:

She's a classic tsundere, no hitting, no abusing at all

How is that a classic tsundere?

The idea is actually not that bad, it could have potential.

Well, the classic before they make the "hitting and abusing" tsundere classic. Gosh I miss them

xP

Joking aside, I understand what you mean completely. Tsundere originally was supposed to be hostile towards mc and only after warming up to them and falling for them, they would show them their genuine loving side. It of course still could happen rarely and take a lot effort and embarrassment from tsundere, but at this point she would visibly become nicer to mc. Sadly somewhere along the line the version where she constantly flips between loving and hating become popular and we are stuck with it as default.

I always assumed that one of the classic tsundere models was the female lead from Love Hina, and oh BOY was she all about the hitting and abusing. Was there a classic model prior to that?

Not that I'm a big fan of the abusive tsundere model or anything, and it sucks that a generation of lazy writers have used tsundere as an entire character description rather than a trait. But still, I think at least slapstick violence has been pretty common in the idea all along.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking for one where a girl finds her classmate out in the rain lying on the ground but the classmate says she's part rain woman or something. The classmate is in love with a teacher if i remember right

Here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/god_and_the_rainbringer

Close but not the one im looking for. In the one im looking for a girl finds her classmate lying on the ground during a downpour, classmate is wearing a track suit iirc

This is probably it.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/orange_yellow_katokoi_hime#2

last edited at Jul 7, 2018 10:43PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay that's pressuring (not what I intended) but it's not that fucking rude, stop being a prude ass. It's reasonable for reader to wonder what happen with translation especially series this good and the raw is gotten so far. Again I am not trying to get disrespectful to the translator. I'm just casual reader wondering what happens with translation.

And that's fucking rude enough to earn you a temp ban. Keep it up when you come back and I'll make it permanent for you.

Badgering scanlators for the next release is NOT welcome here, and neither is acting like an asshole to other members.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you wanna pressure scanlators, you can do it elsewhere. That kind of behaviour isn't welcome here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd love to see an anthology series animating Morishima's work, like Conditions For Paradise or A Lapis Lazuli Blue Dream.

Can you imagine an OVA of Nostalgia? That'd be really sweet.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 05 Jul 16:16
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
69136604_p0

For all the beauty in this pic, it's the look of absolute adoration on Nozomi's face and Eli's easy trust and surrendering herself into her lover's hands that really make this shine.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 05 Jul 16:14
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
69136604_p0

Fight on, brave warrior!

And get rid of that "box cover" image. That stuff's for amateurs.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 04 Jul 08:23
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
69136604_p0

Looking at an image really closely as part of a puzzle really calls attention to the details.

I mean who noticed that on Nozomi's veil, there are many stars but only one moon? And the reason for that is the silhouettes of buildings along the hem that make it a cityscape at night.

Nezchan Moderator
Marionette discussion 04 Jul 08:13
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Enough, already. Morgan, I deleted your post and will continue to delete any post from anyone that keeps dragging up the tag issue in this discussion.

This is not the place for it. You're already discussing it over in the other thread, there's absolutely no excuse to bring it back here again, especially when you've already been clearly told to knock it off.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The dog is the greatest thing about this

The dog is the greatest.

Nezchan Moderator
Marionette discussion 03 Jul 17:02
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

btw: if some mysterious day a system of "hidden tags" is implemented: could we maybe get a blacklist for tags so blacklisted tags ain't shown on the frontpage at all?

This bit could stand being repeated over here, if you're willing to do the honours.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 03 Jul 16:18
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Do87pqgvoaae-dg-orig

With that expression, Akko looks oddly like D.Va.

Nezchan Moderator
Marionette discussion 03 Jul 15:56
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm happy Galette exists.

I, too, am happy Galette exists.

Nezchan Moderator
Marionette discussion 03 Jul 15:50
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Morgan, leave it be. Site policy and the ability to hide tags has already been confirmed, and unless there's some change there's little point in beating that horse. dpf has already confirmed that things like rape and the more blatant triggers are already tagged as a matter of course.

If you cannot trust the site or the author, you are absolutely free to not read either. Although the option of reading the discussion before you read the story is open to you as well, which will usually point out things that are not tagged.

In any case, there is zero point in continuing this discussion after everyone has said their piece multiple times and policy has been confirmed by the person who administers it, again multiple times. So can we all refocus the discussion on the actual story at hand, please?

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That said, I don't understand why some yuri fans are so strongly anti het. Really, should the most important aspect of a relationship be that there's genuine chemistry to the romance- regardless of the genders?

Maybe because of the older Class S stuff where lesbian girl always get cucked by a male love interest / arranged marriage / suicide / sharknado in the end...? Thankfully we don't see that so often anymore.

And it's always a sharknado made of male sharks, you ever notice that?

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 02 Jul 23:18
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
69136604_p0

I use Palapeli, which allows you to use your own images and make them whatever piece co9unt you want. My preference is 1,000 piece puzzles.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 02 Jul 22:17
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
69136604_p0

I'm currently doing this piece as a jigsaw puzzle, lol.

Really makes you focus on all the little details.

Nezchan Moderator
Marionette discussion 02 Jul 21:33
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm betting on acting like a mother duck.

Oh, very yes.

That makes the whole concept far cuter than I initially thought.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not sure it makes sense to say the wife is cheating, since her relationship was already dead. It's technically cheating because they're a couple on paper, but that's really it. If not for that one thing, which she takes care of by the end, she has no obligation to the dude.

Nezchan Moderator
Marionette discussion 30 Jun 12:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That only strengthens the case, since people who actually like incest stories and go looking for them would be missing out on this one. Not having the tag hurts both people who like that thing, making it harder to find, and those who don't like it, by not giving them forewarning.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing at all. I think the main purposes of tags are categorisation and warnings, and need to be applied with that in mind, rather than worrying about spoilers. If there were a way to hide tags, or certain classes of tags, that would solve the spoiler issue as well, and I recall someone floating the idea a while back. No idea how difficult (or not) it would be to apply here on Dynasty though.

Nezchan Moderator
Marionette discussion 30 Jun 10:29
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This has incest and needs the incest tag, end of story. My best friend loves Takemiya Jin in general but loathes incest, she and people like her deserve to know when a work contains it. This is the same nonsense that has plagued the Marriage tag, and probably others as well.

Please stop obstructing the sensible use of tags based on them being "spoilers". That is the entire point of tags, to provide knowledge of a work's content beforehand.

Well, that's not the only reason. Tags are also useful in finding a work later on, when it's no longer on the first page of Recently Added. Although that still falls apart in cases like the Marriage tag since you'd do a search for Marriage and be missing stuff like The Sea, You and the Sun. That's been fixed since, but it really reveals the problem with not tagging due to "spoilers".