Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest here, for the life of me I can't see the yuri in this one. It's fun to read and all, but neither of them seem the least bit attracted to each other. Or any other girl for that matter.

What am I missing here?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I may need to do some thread-trimming here...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@eee Are you slow or just stupid?

Well, you're banned, so there's that.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 14 Jul 09:49
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Did people really hate this one because of the Yuribait, even if it's a pretty good manga ?

Yes.

There are good reasons to criticize the ending on other terms, but most people are just mad that there wasn't a blatantly lesbian finish.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you're ever doing something like this, here's a little trick. When cutting up chocolate from a brick, use a bread knife. It makes the process a snap.

So what your saying is I shouldn't use a chainsaw then?

I'm not saying don't use a chainsaw. Just giving you more options in case you're out of fuel.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you're ever doing something like this, here's a little trick. When cutting up chocolate from a brick, use a bread knife. It makes the process a snap.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 11 Jul 22:27
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What unholy creature featured this abomination?!

I bet it was Nezchan. It is well known that she enjoys tormenting us all. ~nod nod~ ;)

I admit nothing!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Who's the easily-shamed doormat cosplaying as Honoka?

And what the heck is Tsubasa doing, shaming her girlfriend for wanting to be sexy for her and make her feel good?

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 09 Jul 13:41
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Drkgp-bvaaa5lt1-orig

We're still way behind the het fans who don't even need characters to ship them with.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The font at the end makes it look like Eli's "Kitt"ing Nozomi.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 08 Jul 22:16
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Drud_ravsaadokj-orig

She may be in mid-faint.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Finally someone who gets why Matsuri is so lovable. I feel vindicated.

Tbf for me, Masturi is one of the only lovable character with Yuzu.

This isn't the Citrus discussion, so could y'all be dears and move over there?

Nez, you’re in charge, but I wanted to say that I thought the original Sayaka/Matsuri character comparison was an exceptionally sharp point that made me consider both characters a little differently.

Assertions about the characters’ “lovableness” were conspicuously absent from that fine post, to be sure.

I didn't mind the comparison, but things werre drifting away from Sayaka and into just discussing Yuzu and such, which is something I'd like to avoid.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Finally someone who gets why Matsuri is so lovable. I feel vindicated.

Tbf for me, Masturi is one of the only lovable character with Yuzu.

This isn't the Citrus discussion, so could y'all be dears and move over there?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Reminder to re-focus on this manga, please.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You go off topic so many times, the new rule had to be made just for you.

This is not true, although BV is a frequent offender on going way off topic. A much bigger motivation (although not the only one by far) was the people who continue to bring Citrus and NTR bashing into discussions about utterly unrelated series.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nay, a (continued) debate isn't the thing we're gonna be doing. Badis is getting a day suspension for trying to keep swinging after the bell has rung.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honestly, I can't tell whether this is obtuseness or trolling, but you can drop it either way Badis.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That was pretty r...rad.

Also both extremes are bad, get along with each other. ^3^

Sorry to burst whatever little bubble you're living in, but being annoyed at people wanting to ban words is not extreme. It's rational. Stop acting like I'm Richard Spencer for calling someone out for their bullshit.

You literally characterized someone saying "please don't" as an outrage mob, so yeah.

We can drop this now, yes?

Nezchan Moderator
Yurikon discussion 07 Jul 10:26
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Chapter 6: The most useless of lesbians (Is there really a tickling fetish...?). Also blackmailing is a crime kids.

Tickling fetish is pretty common, although I haven't seen it play out in yuri much.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 06 Jul 23:13
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Hmph

Take the NicoMaki stuff to an actual NicoMaki image, please. It's completely out of place here.

I can't believe I still have to tell people this.

Nezchan Moderator
Yurikon discussion 06 Jul 21:57
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unfortunately they were removed for internal reasons.

Did you eat them?

DYNASTY READER IS A COOKBOOK!!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well no, that is not a yuri specific thing. It's the most common thing in all versions of romance, from het to yuri to yaoi. That's just a popular story structure.

interestingly, my favourite yaoi (actually one of the very few I like), Mainichi Seitan, does a lot of "what happens after they get together. There are three couples during the series that get together at different times, but the ones who were already dealt with are still shown either working through their own relationship issues or simply being together as couples while the next focus is doing their thing.

Come to think of it, Dykes To Watch Out For was/is like that too, where couples get together, spend time as couples, sometimes break up and new couples form, etc. and it continues being interesting. The big cast and ongoing format helps a lot.

I tend to avoid yaoi, so I have to take your word for it. The little BL I read was of the "will they/won't they?" variety. Or subtext.

That second one sounds more like a long running soap opera format tbh. They do tend to have some fluctuation between couples in those. And when the ratings go down: Boom Sudden break-up.

Well, Dykes To Watch Out for was an ongoing comic strip in half-page format that ran for about 25 years, so it wasn't reliant on ratings or anything like that. Breakups tended to happen because of relationship issues, so they're generally not so sudden, at least not in the volumes I've read.

That said, it's not necessarily a good analogue to Bloom Into You's denouement phase.

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 4:05PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well no, that is not a yuri specific thing. It's the most common thing in all versions of romance, from het to yuri to yaoi. That's just a popular story structure.

interestingly, my favourite yaoi (actually one of the very few I like), Mainichi Seitan, does a lot of "what happens after they get together. There are three couples during the series that get together at different times, but the ones who were already dealt with are still shown either working through their own relationship issues or simply being together as couples while the next focus is doing their thing.

Come to think of it, Dykes To Watch Out For was/is like that too, where couples get together, spend time as couples, sometimes break up and new couples form, etc. and it continues being interesting. The big cast and ongoing format helps a lot.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 06 Jul 14:38
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Hmph

I was thinking of that too, especially the first scene. It's one of my favourite LL fics.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Either they get together by the end or the story begins with them already being together and focuses on the aftermath. There is no inbetween for romance stories. Can you imagine such a bold and risky move?

I would say citrus is an example but even after they got together there was drama that got in the middle of their relationship... it still counts I guess? Or at least citrus + is just focusing on the aftermath lol

Sorry, sorry, that was sarcasm. Many stories focus on several if not all stages of a romantic relationship. No need to bring out the Citrus hammer haha
Nezchan seriously created a new rule just so people wouldnt talk about it, so we all walk on thin ice here

Oddly enough, this is one of those rare moments where it's actually a relevant comparison, even though I think it's not quite right. Citrus+ is a spinoff, rather than a denouement in a self-contained story, so to me that's a similar but different thing.