Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I liked the part where the Earth was destroyed.

okay, okay. I liked the whole thing. A pity we keep getting NozoNico doujins that aren't exactly yuri, though. We need more of the best couple getting together!

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess "A Closeted Bi Girl Wanders Into a Lesbian Mixer" would have been too much of a spoiler.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only REALLY funny part was that the friend she called to get the report from when she couldn't get it from her roommate appeared to be on a date with another girl, thus disproving her theory even further...

Makes me wish the story was about the side couple instead. Probably would have had funnier jokes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Straight yuri fans are such a bizarre concept to me.

Fact: most yuri fans are males and straight.

Based on this survey they're a minority on these forums.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I got to "yurifag" and I'm like welp, breakup time.

She ain't worth it Yuria.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It would be nice to have manga examples of femme/butch, femme/femme, and butch/butch relationships. Here’s my contribution:

Sasameki Koto: femme/butch.

Hold on, which one was but butch in Sasameki Koto? The feminine girl with the long hair and fragile feelings who happened to be good at martial arts? Or the forthright, openly lesbian pretty blonde girl? They both came off pretty femmey to me.

Perhaps the beta couple? Tomoe seemed like a soft butch to me while Miyako was a short princess.

I guess the aggressive karate girl who got in trouble near the end and got together with her childhood friend in the epilogue?

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It would be nice to have manga examples of femme/butch, femme/femme, and butch/butch relationships. Here’s my contribution:

Sasameki Koto: femme/butch.

Hold on, which one was but butch in Sasameki Koto? The feminine girl with the long hair and fragile feelings who happened to be good at martial arts? Or the forthright, openly lesbian pretty blonde girl? They both came off pretty femmey to me.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hoshikawa Ginza District 4. Otome's parents are fucking awful, but Sensei's family is surprisingly accepting of... uh, a lot of things.

In Cirque Arachne I think the characters are both orphans, but basically everyone they know is supportive, even actively encouraging.

Lotte lost her mom I think (it's unclear), but it seems like her dad caught on to their relationship on sight and was fine with it.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As my aunt used to say, they're "swayve and de-boner".

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter has a school nurse who seems pretty cool with homosexual relationships, even before it's revealed she's a lesbian in denial herself.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The last story in Concerto.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So Homura opened up a sweets store with her lover, Madoka and truly nothing bad ever happened at any point in time?

Wait, Honoka's dad is Madoka?

...she's been working out.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Yet, even though Kase-san was as thirsty as Nikaidou is, none criticized her.

Why is it a "let down"? Because she voices it and it destroys your image of "pure love between girls"?

Wow, there's some A-class mindreading right there. Don't strain yourself.

Nezchan, Please keep such comment to yourself in the future.

It was inappropriate: you don't answer the question, or make any valid point, you're just being aggressive. Being the only mod around here doesn't mean you can insult other members by belittling them.

Nya-chan, Please keep such snide speculation to yourself in the future.

Talk about just being aggressive, just where did you get that I have an image of "pure love between girls"? Is it from my long history of making comments about how terrible impurity is? Or maybe all the comments about how terrible girls with actual sex drives are in general. OH WAIT! That doesn't exist! You basically just took some stock complaint and slapped it on what was otherwise a pretty innocuous statement of personal feeling about this story in particular. So don't get all snotty about someone else being inappropriate when you're the one who went on the attack.

And I don't even know what being the mod has to do with any of this, since you're the only one who brought up modding at all.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yet, even though Kase-san was as thirsty as Nikaidou is, none criticized her.

Why is it a "let down"? Because she voices it and it destroys your image of "pure love between girls"?

Wow, there's some A-class mindreading right there. Don't strain yourself.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

idk, I find that Nikaido being all lewd/thirsty is kind of a letdown, since up until now she's actually been her own brand of innocent. Maybe not oblibious-innocent like Todakoro-san, but not a horndog.

Nezchan Moderator
I know you. discussion 07 Feb 22:04
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yuri adjacent

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"No symbolism means anything ever, always go for the explanation that requires the least analysis. I mean it's not like an author wants their work looked at in depth or anything."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That was a great first sixth of a story!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always thought high school was part of "grade school".

From Wikipedia's article on Primary school: "The term grade school is sometimes used in the US, although this term may refer to both primary education and secondary education."

I guess that's what I get for living in Canada?

I grew up in Nova Scotia and never heard the term "grade school" used at all. Don't think i ran into the term until quite a bit later, and even then only in a US context.

Nezchan Moderator
Moon Flight discussion 01 Feb 10:32
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can see Nozomi and Maki as both being great girlfriend material.

In Nozomi's case that's obvious, but with Maki it would only be after she's in a relationship she feels comfortable in, and where she's no longer scared of showing her emotions/weaknesses, where she'd develop into the sort of woman in this story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are we still talking about a chapter that hasn't been translated or posted on Dynasty yet? It's a forest of black bars in here.

Nezchan Moderator
Bigender discussion 31 Jan 11:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If only there were some method of learning about these topics without embarrassing yourself with wildly off-base assumptions.

Spoiler: It's not a matter of fashion choices or physical genitals.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And that reminds me, now we don't actually have tag to tag works that have specifically transsexuals in them, because it was changed to transgender because it was a term transsexual preferred and felt more natural, but now that it is a umbrella term, we actually need a transsexual and transgender tags to differentiate the two.

To the best of my knowledge, transgender was an umbrella term in the first place, whereas transsexual was the more specific, medical term. But given the focus on sex and the medicalized nature of it, it's understandable that a lot of folks with dysphoria would prefer the other.

The language is all relatively new, maybe a few decades at best, and it's a complex topic at best. So understandable if things are still quite a bit in flux.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I’m sorry I brought it up. I’m deleting my post—please delete yours. This needs to end.

I saved them the trouble. I'm a nice person like that.

Thanks, Nez. Apologies—I don’t know what I was thinking.

Happens to the best of us. By which I mean me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I’m sorry I brought it up. I’m deleting my post—please delete yours. This needs to end.

I saved them the trouble. I'm a nice person like that.