Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Uranus, cut it out. Trying to provoke a debate like that isn't cool.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Brain Damage, I've deleted your post (and the posts quoting it), and should you continue trolling in this manner there will be bans in your future.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess it doesn't matter the release schedule if her brain was out of wack to begin with.

You're being insensitive...

Not to mention going way too far. This is what happens when you lose perspective I guess.

More of that and you're out, remy.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well people are paranoid for a reason. there is just so much bad bait out there. And people will watch it in hopes of a good ending, because there is not many stories with lesbians to begin with. I used to do exactly that, but it's become too annoying for me.

I like me some genuinely good story with male (supporting & supportive) characters, too. Shame on the bad tropes.

You heard it here first guys. A het ending is a bad ending.

Seriously...

Well, I didn't mean it that way. But if you watched some tv shows, it mostly ends with cheating or rape, or pregnacy because of the cheating or someone dying or a FORCED het ending. I meant that as a bad ending. Should have clarified more.
It's just, if I see a cute couple I'd want them to have a "good ending", meaning them being together and being in an okay relationship instead of forced drama.

Per my earlier post, please do not continue this exchange. It is off-topic, so if you want to continue take it to the Dynasty Cafe thread.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From this point on, we can just leave the whole discussion about male characters in yuri and queer baiting behind unless and until it actually becomes an issue in the series. Right now it hasn't, so it's just pointless speculation and/or going off topic. So cut it out.

As for the random Yuru Yuri stuff, you wanna complain about that series there's a discussion thread for it. Take it over there, since really has no relation to it.

Nezchan Moderator
subscribe 23 Apr 18:11
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah, quite simple if not very intuitive.

If you go to any manga page or the page for a series, you will have a menu to the left of your name. Just click on that and choose the appropriate entry. You'll have to add stuff to Read manually, though. If you see what you have in your lists, just hit the Lists option on the top bar. You can add other lists which will appear in the other menu there.

Hopefully that helps.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 23 Apr 17:48
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
60w2hlk

Doc Hoot (but are they a areal doctor or just a Ph.D.?) has my thinking on this. The cat ears here seem to be a physical expression of perking up at the recognition of a kindred spirit, rather than a specifically trans thing, even if some trans communities use it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah, I am super into this kind of story. It's a pity that so much of yuri is still obsessed with schoolgirls, or else giving adult women tragic stories. Balm for the soul like this needs to be more common.

I'm with you to an extent; slice of life doesn't really do much for me. I personally need some degree of tension to enjoy it, but I really do wish there were more tense romances with adults rather than most of then being fucking fifteen year olds. (Edit: Pun not intended, but it sells the point)

Well, that's an easy fix. Just have a LOT more stories of all sorts with adult women in them!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm reasonably certain that the "Sunset Girl" is none of the girls we've met so far, although I'm quite willing to wait and see what the story tells us on that score.

If it is someone else, then I suspect it's probably Hayama's ex and the breakup with her is what led to her creative drought. But we'll see.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wasn't her award winning photo the self-portrait (aka fancy selfie)?

The chapter doesn't call it a self-portrait though, just that it won a competition. I'm not sure they're the same person, since the one in the photo seems to have lighter, longer and straighter hair than the photographer. It's hard to tell though.

Right, I just read the chapter again, you are correct. For some reason to me it just looked like it was a photo of her. It was even on a bed, so she could have just put the camera down and used a timer.
Camera girl mentioned that this photo was taken 2 years ago, so maybe senpai's hair was longer back then... ah I'm just reaching here.

Well no, I was thinking of that as a possibility too. Hairstyles change and the waviness of lizard girl's hair could just be styling. They're all pretty trendy girls to one degree or another, except for the main character, so it's entirely possible. One reason why unless the story explicitly reveals that it's a self-portrait we can't really take it for granted either way.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not to mention, there's her creative slump where she hasn't been shooting. Is that because of the former couple, or maybe something to do with the model of her award-winning photo?

Also, depending on how good the other two were at hiding their relationship, it might be suspicious that the photographer knew about it.

Wasn't her award winning photo the self-portrait (aka fancy selfie)?

The chapter doesn't call it a self-portrait though, just that it won a competition. I'm not sure they're the same person, since the one in the photo seems to have lighter, longer and straighter hair than the photographer. It's hard to tell though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm wondering if the lizard girl has a thing for one of the exes.

Hm, now that you mention it. One wants to be a model, the other wants to be a photographer. That seems like a good set up for some love triangle. Clearly she is not too close to them right now, considering she was unsure about their relationship status. And they weren't club members either. So there must have been some kind of rift between the three of them (maybe the reason for the break-up as well).

Not to mention, there's her creative slump where she hasn't been shooting. Is that because of the former couple, or maybe something to do with the model of her award-winning photo?

Also, depending on how good the other two were at hiding their relationship, it might be suspicious that the photographer knew about it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it just me, or was that ending really abrupt, even for the end of a chapter? I actually clicked a few times, expecting another page or two.

Same here. It somehow seemed to lack that usual stinger at the end lol

So was camera girl oblivious to the yuriness or was it only the being exes she was surprised at?

The way she was sweating and swallowing during the shoot seemed to imply otherwise. She must at least have felt the sexual tension.

And totes camera girl with sensei.

Why does everyone think that's likely at all? Sensei looks pretty much like a solid side-character.
The one that seems to be set up as the love interest is the lizard girl.

I'm wondering if the lizard girl has a thing for one of the exes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it just me, or was that ending really abrupt, even for the end of a chapter? I actually clicked a few times, expecting another page or two.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 22 Apr 10:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
60w2hlk

Honestly, can we quit the "I can't believe BugDevil didn't know this"? Yeah, it's common in a lot of circles yuri fans travel in, and it is kind of unexpected, but any more than one comment to that effect is more than necessary. We're well past that point.

Nezchan Moderator
Transgender discussion 22 Apr 09:45
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, considering that this thread exists, I want to ask for the opinion of people in regarsd to a recent protest of the Trans-community against Lebians in the UK. I only want to hear if somebody heard of it or not because I saw it and I am conflicted on what the actual heck is going on here, like why is the Trans-community protesting to "Remove the L in LGBT" because I don't understand where that is coming from and I want to hear peoples opinions on it since I don't know where anyones stand on this is.

It wasn't the trans community protesting against lesbians, it was the lesbian community saying they should leave the LGBT label because they don't like being associated with trans women who they think are men, mind you when I say lesbian community I don't mean the whole of it just shitty TERFS
Here's a quote from the leader of the people campaigning:

“The only way to fight lesbian erasure within ‘LGBT+’ groups is to... create an autonomous and strong lesbian community and build alliances with all feminists willing to fight against male domination,”

Yeah, this is largely a bunch of "political lesbians" raising a big stink because the rest of the acronym doesn't hate trans people as much as they do. Anti-trans rags like After Ellen have been pushing hard against the "queer community" lately, and tripling down on attacking trans and non-binary folks too, talking up the same sort of "pure lesbian" stuff. It's weird how much traction TERFism gets in UK in particular though, a lot of prominent bigots come out of there.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 22 Apr 09:02
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
60w2hlk

Also, in the panel where the cat ears come out, they really look like Rin from Love Live.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 22 Apr 09:01
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
60w2hlk

Pretty sure the cat ears thing was more an "I'm like you" thing rather than an identifier of being trans boy vs. trans girl.

Nezchan Moderator
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Apr 23:43
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This first chapter seemed decent enough to me I suppose, but after reading some of these comments I'm getting a little worried. What's the issue people have with this author, exactly?

Long story short, people didn't like the author's prior manga (Stretch) because they thought it was gonna end with explicit yuri like the one before it (Prism).

I didn't like the ending of Stretch, but that had nothing to do with the lack of explicit yuri. Rather, it had more to do with writing issues that really left me unsatisfied.

I'm willing to give him a shot again though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

REDflame23 and ypassionnate, both of you take it someplace else. This isn't the venue for it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm pretty baffled as to why anyone is surprised by this development. Like did you really think this super light-hearted and soft love story was suddenly gonna become a grim revenge story where a literal child is destroyed and we delve in depth into the ramifications of bullying? Of course Tadokoro forgave her it's the obvious in character thing for her to do regardless of how you may feel about how deserved it is.

Yeah but it didn't have to happen in the spam of 4 pages tho

Pretty much the entire tone of this series has been rapid-fire development over the span of 4 pages. Did you really think this story was going to suddenly arbitrarily put the brakes on its madcap pacing because the bully's redemption arc deserves more in depth development then the actual romance has gotten? If anything I'm glad we just zipped through it because I really didn't want to waste a bunch of chapters on bully drama in a fluffy romance series.

It's like a lot of people forgot what manga they were reading and substitute a totally different manga which gets all in depth and relates back to the real world. I get that it's satisfying to read a well-crafted redemption arc or a revenge story. Works that take the issues behind bullying seriously can be quite enjoyable. This isn't that manga. This was never that manga.

The point wasn't the bully. The point was for Nikaido to once again act like the characters Tadokoro draws and for that look she gives in the middle of the last page.The bully was just the means to get there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Back already!

Aww, no ultraviolence... I thought the bully would be butchered and her mangled remains fed to the crows. Instead, she only received psychological damage. Boo!

That would upset Todakoro-san so it wasn't on the table in the first place.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to change series names. That'll have to go through dpf or Pekoe or someone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You two wanna spar, do it in the ring. On pay per view. With the proceeds going into my account.

Only if you sponsor me.

You'll settle for Red Bull and like it!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It should be fine. The answer to the question is here and maybe someone else would like it.