Forum › Becoming Her Lover for the Sake of Love discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The Secret of the Princess, Usui Shio-style.

I’ll take a double helping, garçon.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like self-blackmailing "please keep this secret you were already going to keep" plots. And fake dating into real dating is always fun.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Crescent Moon and Doughnuts was a lowkey romance between two asexual women, and Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend was mostly platonic love between two female friends. Let's see if it could get more steamy this time :))

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

A new Usui-sensei manga is an automatic read for me. Might as well do a preemptive '' don't expect a lot of kissing/physical stuff'' disclaimer right now at the beginning for the uninitiated :P

joined Apr 16, 2022

Tenma is Usui Shio's first openly horny major character so she may be expanding her range with this one. Looking forward to it!

Vh90xltv_400x400
joined Jul 31, 2018

Let's get ready for another wonderful manga from the hands of Usui-sensei, I'm really excited about this one!

joined Mar 15, 2015

The premise is a bit cliched at first glance- seemingly perfect girl struggles with living up to expectations and falls for someone her family wouldn't approve of- but the series could have more to it than that. I'm interested in finding out more about Asako's sister and what she did to disappoint their grandfather.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I don't care for the opening much, but Usui Shio is exceptional so I'll trust this. I look forward to how the author writes leads who may not be ace or demisexual.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I haven't really liked any Usui Shio works before, and unfortunately based on this chapter, I doubt this'll be any different. In order for this kind of premise to work it kind of requires both protagonists to be somewhat unlikeable, just in different ways, one being stuck up and the other being an annoying brat, at least in my opinion. Of course character development is a thing, so maybe I'll check on it again after a few chapters, but, again, not a fan of the mangaka, so I'm not hopeful.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Another manga series from Usui Shio, hopefully this series can be adapted into an anime. I mean, this is an award-winning author, so there should be a series that many people know
By the way, is there any author who has won awards like her?

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

nice ':3

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Student council president of an all girls school under high expectation with grandfather being chairman of the board who expects her to succeed one day...

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The Secret of the Princess, Usui Shio-style.

I knew this set up seemed familiar

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

A new Usui Shio series?

It's an honor student x (sort of) delinquent pairing?

And it's a fake dating plot?

I'll take the whole stock.

joined May 3, 2014

I haven't really liked any Usui Shio works before, and unfortunately based on this chapter, I doubt this'll be any different. In order for this kind of premise to work it kind of requires both protagonists to be somewhat unlikeable, just in different ways, one being stuck up and the other being an annoying brat, at least in my opinion. Of course character development is a thing, so maybe I'll check on it again after a few chapters, but, again, not a fan of the mangaka, so I'm not hopeful.

meee too, the only other work that was some how “nice”? even tho i will had liked them go through more introspection of what it means to be in an lesbian relationship, especially marriage!

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Another manga series from Usui Shio, hopefully this series can be adapted into an anime. I mean, this is an award-winning author, so there should be a series that many people know

What award did she win?

joined May 10, 2021

It's a wonderful thing that you've picked-up this author's new serie, thanks a lot for that!
And the premise looks fun, even if it ain't anything new.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Let's hope there's A LOT OF SEX THIS TIME.

joined Apr 5, 2023

Let's hope there's A LOT OF SEX THIS TIME.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I was like "kinda cute, I guess", then I noticed the author and I'm strapped in for a good time.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

'My grandfather is currently the chairman of the board'

...now in which yuri manga have I heard that before?

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Tenma is Usui Shio's first openly horny major character so she may be expanding her range with this one. Looking forward to it!

I don't know if we can go so far as to call her horny... seems like she's more focused on the idea of having a "harem" than actually doing anything naughty, but I guess we'll see...

I'll take it with or without the horny. Usui Shio rocks!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Round three of "But what are love and romance". While the donuts one was kinda meh, I enjoyed the fake marriage one even if the ending could be better. I don't mind some fake blackmail and tons of room for character development for both of our main characters. However, when it comes to strict and tardy nothing will beat Youka x Aki.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Ugh, this count as blackmail? Kind of soft
She look cool anyway

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

What award did she win?

Here

To reply you must either login or sign up.