Forum › Becoming Her Lover for the Sake of Love discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Another manga series from Usui Shio, hopefully this series can be adapted into an anime. I mean, this is an award-winning author, so there should be a series that many people know

What award did she win?

Here

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Student council president of an all girls school under high expectation with grandfather being chairman of the board who expects her to succeed one day...

I'm getting some vitamin C from this one.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Student council president of an all girls school under high expectation with grandfather being chairman of the board who expects her to succeed one day...

I'm getting some vitamin C from this one.

Not to mention that there's some family member who ended up not living up to expectations somehow- Mei's father and Asako's sister.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Asako's parents fit into all this and what kind of people they are. While it's unsurprising that Asako's grandfather would have high standards for her, one would think that his son or daughter-in-law/daughter or son-in-law would be his successor unless neither of them are alive or able to meet his expectations.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I'll have a plate of citrus, with extra blackmail."

joined Oct 22, 2020

Well, I'M excited. And I definitely think the two protagonists are probably once again trademark demi/aces, because they're both following manga to try and figure out what's coming a lot more naturally for everyone else.

joined May 29, 2021

Well, I'M excited. And I definitely think the two protagonists are probably once again trademark demi/aces, because they're both following manga to try and figure out what's coming a lot more naturally for everyone else.

That was really just Crescent Moon. Trying Out Marriage was just a slow burn because one girl was always in love and the other just took most of the manga to realize she was too. I don’t think they’ll have any problem kissing after the manga ended. In this manga, with two cheek touches in a single chapter I wouldn’t be surprised if this one had more physical contact in general.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This looks promising and I'm glad I wasn't the only who noticed the parallels with citrus, although it does fell like Ushio threw in a blender citrus with a dash of Yagakimi, with all that "I don't know what is love" thing

Fb_img_1662167993947
joined Sep 23, 2020

Oohhh a 'weird one' who could make your heart pounds :)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That was really just Crescent Moon. Trying Out Marriage was just a slow burn because one girl was always in love and the other just took most of the manga to realize she was too. I don’t think they’ll have any problem kissing after the manga ended. In this manga, with two cheek touches in a single chapter I wouldn’t be surprised if this one had more physical contact in general.

They might even lean on each other soon

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Nice! Another story by Ushio Shio with all the sexual magnetism of a wet fish.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I really like Usui Shio's artstyle. The plots are sometimes not what I would like, but... this looks promising. And maybe I would not call this blackmail.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Is there a school prince tag? Maybe we need one.

I do like self-blackmailing "please keep this secret you were already going to keep" plots.

Especially over something so trivial, who would honestly care that the stuco president reads manga in her spare time?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Crescent Moon and Doughnuts was a lowkey romance between two asexual women, and Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend was mostly platonic love between two female friends. Let's see if it could get more steamy this time :))

The cover already looks like it to be fair...

Also, it feels very weird now to read an Usui Shio story that's not about adults but I'm sure there were some before :P

last edited at Mar 18, 2024 8:44AM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Another manga series from Usui Shio, hopefully this series can be adapted into an anime. I mean, this is an award-winning author, so there should be a series that many people know

What award did she win?

Here

If she won that early on in her career then it was most likely one of those magazine rookie awards for aspiring artists. You submit a draft to the magazine and if you win, it'll get published as an oneshot and you'll get opportunity to work with that magazine in the future. She would need to do a lot better than that to gain widespread recognition.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The premise is a bit cliched at first glance- seemingly perfect girl struggles with living up to expectations and falls for someone her family wouldn't approve of- but the series could have more to it than that. I'm interested in finding out more about Asako's sister and what she did to disappoint their grandfather.

From what we've seen so far, there's really only one conclusion to draw. The grandfather is disappointed that the older sister, like in a shoujo manga, fell in love and left the life of a strong, independent woman to become a traditional wife in a het relationship. The grandfather, a true man of culture, knew to ban frivolous shoujo manga as it has no place in a yuri story.

smilingcatdoingthumbsup
joined Sep 4, 2022

this gonna be good

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

It's Kase-san unfettered.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Another story where they fake date... L(⁰ -__-)/○[-|-]
I'll see myself out. I like the drawing style though. I also read your other works. But this seems like for the young people. Yeah, yeah I know y'all will be like "obviously" but listen the other works were adult or young adult.
I dunno. It's been hard to enjoy any of the yuri stories lately. The OGs have either stopped drawing or moved on in some way. Jin Takemiya, Amano-san, Mira, and etc.

joined Jun 11, 2021

i want to trust usui shio but this one's not doing it for me so far, really predictable high school romance with a silly and cliche'd setup. i'm hoping she's able to do something interesting with it but i'm not holding my breath. i prefer her adult stories i guess

To reply you must either login or sign up.