Forum › Posts by KawaiiSuika

KawaiiSuika
Misaki discussion 18 Jan 15:20
joined Oct 27, 2018

I did not like this

joined Oct 27, 2018

How did some of y'all come away from reading this and think she has body dysmorphia? Simply changing your look is not body dysmorphia.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I really like that she made the concious decision to become handsome and worked at it to achieve it, it's nice

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

The chapter endings are so jarring, I keep clicking multiple times like "is that it?".

KawaiiSuika
Suito-to! discussion 22 Nov 15:30
joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga just isn't for me, like I don't hate it and I see can see why others like it, but to me it just feels like I'm reading a glorified tour guide with a little bit of story sprinkled in.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I thought there was gonna be some drama about different sex drives, but it turns out she's just embarrassed about being so horny, lol

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Was this manga always this boring?

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Really cute, i like how it set it up like she had some dark secret only for the germaphobe rumour to pop up, then it turns out shes just a nervous gay.

joined Oct 27, 2018

The transphobia jumped out.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Definitely seems like Naru's at least habitually crossdressing. Not sure if I agree on defining the relationship as yaoi or not yaoi. Question is whether "yaoi" is really just "male homosexuality", and thus based on sex, not gender, or if the classification is commonly used based on gender over sex.

A trans women and a man is absolutely not yaoi nor is it homosexuality of any sort

last edited at Oct 27, 2020 11:43PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga was cute at times, but to be honest I didn't think it was all that great, it's sense of humor is a bit too silly and irreverent, and it ultimately didn't have anything strong enough in the plot to really drag me in. Good art though.

joined Oct 27, 2018

it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

You feel it's odd that the author hasn't mentioned the possibility of some characters being trans, which implies that you think that is a common thing to do and something that should have been done. I don't think it's odd at all, considering in the context of the story, it's a fashion fad (so far). You have no clue how the author has structured this story or when reveals about certain things will happen, yet you claim that it's odd the author isn't doing what you would do within your time frame, on the third chapter. The story works as it is so far, and it's entertaining. There isn't a thing wrong with it. Maybe you should stop reading fiction if you're going to think authors making their own stories instead of yours will always be "odd."

You worry too much about other people's opinions.

joined Oct 27, 2018

You want to get butthurt about a comedy, that's up to you. I would strongly suggest you don't, for the reasons I've provided. It is ultimately your choice, but it would be unfortunate if you were to dislike something for such a ridiculous reason.

It's hardly a ridiculous reason, although I've never actually said how I feel about this manga, not sure why your acting like I did.

joined Oct 27, 2018

"Have zero expectations" is a pretty terrible defense. Besides, you do know that trans people aren't always super dour and serious, right? We can exist in comedic stories. The bar I set was even lower than that though, it's odd the possibility isn't so much as mentioned, and I agree with you gendolkari, it's odd in tons of works, but a setting like this makes it much more jarring.

Defense of what? Of the story the author has chosen to tell? Why would they need to defend that from anybody? Exactly how would you introduce the concept of some of the students being trans in a work of comedy without it sounding like you were making a joke about it or attempting to teach people about it like they were children? I don't find it odd whatsoever that it hasn't been mentioned, nor would I find it odd if it was never mentioned in the entire story. If it is at some point, nifty, and if not, who cares? You seem to be projecting your own experience onto something and having your expectations of how it "should be" somehow shaped by that. Authors are not required to include any mention of anything if it doesn't fit the story they've created.

You also might want to go through GendoIkari's comment history before agreeing with anything they say in seriousness.

Lol, that entire wall of text basically boils down to the mangaka writes whatever they want. That goes without saying though and ultimately has no bearing on how I or anyone else is gonna feel about said work.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Not for a serious piece, no. This is a comedy. I think you'd be better off adjusting your expectations to the genre (i.e. - to literally zero).

"Have zero expectations" is a pretty terrible defense. Besides, you do know that trans people aren't always super dour and serious, right? We can exist in comedic stories. The bar I set was even lower than that though, it's odd the possibility isn't so much as mentioned, and I agree with you gendolkari, it's odd in tons of works, but a setting like this makes it much more jarring.

joined Oct 27, 2018

All I'll say regarding the discussions on here is that it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

For a comedy with only three chapters so far, you're setting the bar rather high, don't you think?

I don't think that's a particularly high bar at all.

joined Oct 27, 2018

All I'll say regarding the discussions on here is that it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Some people want to be feminine. Can't see a problem with that.

Come on Kazu-kun, they clearly weren't saying there is anything wrong with being feminine, what they said is a real trope and it's annoying, I mean I don't agree that this story is an example of that trope, but strawmanning people isn't cool.

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's funny that everyone is saying 172cm is not tall. For the average female High school student in Japan ranges from 156cm (5ft 1in)-160cm (5ft 3in) tall. So it very understandable about the height difference. Specially considering this as lead or follower in ballroom dancing makes it more noticeable.

It's not that it isn't tall, it is, but the narrative treats it as being so gigantic, I find it especially funny since she actually looks a bit taller than 172cm. Of course it's not a big deal, it's just a surprisingly consistent trend.

joined Oct 27, 2018

First of all, I'd suggest basing judgments on what school they're in on, you know, what they actually say, not on how tall you imagine they should be. Second of all, the average 17-year-old girl in Japan is 5'1". This is the weirdest and most baseless thing to complain about.

Chill, we're just talking, you seem to think we are making a bigger deal about this than we actually are, I know it's hard to parse out tone in text but I assure you, this is a neutral conversation.

I am just here for the hand holding.
Don't @ me, I know I am a pervert.
I am looking forward to the next chapters

We're all depraved hand holding obsessed perverts here

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 6:50PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

Uhh... alright. I guess it's just the art style then because they certainly do not look it. Her height also isn't very odd for high school (equivalent is 5ft 8in). Yeah, it's a bit on the high side, but I doubt she would have even been top 3 women in my rather small high school classes.

Statistically, average is a couple inches lower over there, I think, but it's not -that- different.

I know it's Japan, but It's not like it's impossible for a Japanese girl to be taller than 170ish centimeters, but that's almost always where the tall girls in manga fall. It's just kinda chuckle worthy. Especially since they never really look it, they usually look taller. Most notable in my mind is the manga Lovely Complex, the main girl is said to be around there as well but she looks more like six feet tall.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Yeah "MC overcomes the totally existent pressure to not be traditionally feminine in order to be traditionally feminine" is not really the stirring coming of age tale it keeps being portrayed as.

That's definitely a trope I hate, as I've said several times in these forums. I wouldn't really say this is a case of that though, it seems more like she's just insecure about being kinda tall.

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's always so funny when a manga is like "she's so tall", but it turns out she's only like 170cm.

joined Oct 27, 2018

@Other people
Also, I'm a very gay woman and het stuff usually isn't my thing but I was kind of hoping she would get with the guy in the end. Not sure why everyone is mad about this. Bisexuals exist. It's not like the plot was super het, half the story was a girl having feelings for another girl. You don't need to get mad when something is not 100% pure yuri. He seemed like a very cool and well-fleshed out character (for how short the manga was) and the fact that people are getting mad that she ended up in a "het" relationship is indicative of their character. Honestly if you're that mad that the character is male then you're no better than the people who get mad when a "straight-seeming" character on a show ends up with a member of the same sex. If you're using lack of rep as an excuse to hate a het relationship then you're just a sad person. If you're using the excuse that it was "out of nowhere" when it obviously wasn't you sound exactly like straight people when they say a gay couple was forced and "came out of nowhere". Chill the fuck out.

Yeaaaaa sorry this is so long, i'm pretty high haha. Also I'm not @ing you directly for the later points Gwennie. Just didn't want to double post. Also I say all of this with no malice or desire to start drama and I respect your opinion and agree with some of what you say. This is all just my opinion and observations.

Oh, god, can you not with the, "if you didn't like this you are biphobic", stuff? I'm bi as hell and I despised this ending.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Definitely a mixed bag. The relationship itself was cute enough, but it did feature two pretty crappy tropes, those being the "lesbian sex doesn't count" and the "homophobes are just closeted" tropes.