Forum › What Is Normal Love? discussion

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

How many chapters will it take to get to the conclusion we all know is coming?

(We'll read it anyway)

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Why most of you guys think if you did read one love triangle story you'll know all the other love triangle stories and their ending?

This one looks very promising, and art is great. Girls are cute.
It has some level already. We are at the beginning and most of you already talk about the end.
Why not enjoy what comes in the meantime without rushed conclusions?

edit:
We all can predict, but I think "know it all" attitude is wrong.
That's what I'm pointing out.

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 9:41AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Silly question. The girls are in normal with each other, and that's normal and great.

Not sure if you meant the call back, but I laughed regardless. "Normal, normal, so much normal!"

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Glad to see this series here, I've been rather enjoying it.
Apparently the voice actress Ayane Sakura left a comment on the Volume 1 physical release. 「何者でもなかった彼女たちを、この恋が変えた。良くも悪くも。」(not sure what a clean translation for the first part is, so I'll just leave the original quote). But I think quote is somewhat a good description of this series' direction lol.

Thanks for translating and picking this one up!

joined Apr 16, 2022

Apparently the voice actress Ayane Sakura left a comment on the Volume 1 physical release. 「何者でもなかった彼女たちを、この恋が変えた。良くも悪くも。」(not sure what a clean translation for the first part is, so I'll just leave the original quote).

"Love changed these girls who weren't anyone. For better or worse."

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Apparently the voice actress Ayane Sakura left a comment on the Volume 1 physical release. 「何者でもなかった彼女たちを、この恋が変えた。良くも悪くも。」(not sure what a clean translation for the first part is, so I'll just leave the original quote).

"Love changed these girls who weren't anyone. For better or worse."

Thanks!

joined Apr 6, 2019

Everybody already assumed the childhood friend is doomed. I would like to see a twist the friend winning for once.

Sometimes the childhood friend character wins...

I concur. Look at the list under the Childhood Friends tag to find heaps of stories with childhood friends who turn into lovers.

Only when there isn't a love triangle. In that case, they always lose.

Is that a Japanese yuri thing? Because in Chinese baihe manhua the childhood friend usually gets the girl, no matter what the competition is. Off the top of my hat I can think of Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao, The Daughter of Evil and Miss Devil, and My Dearest Nemesis, all series you can find on the Dynasty reader.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I renumbered the chapters as 1,2,3 as in the volume, instead of the raws site numbering.

Apologies for the confusion.

With this, I can put their title though.

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 2:26PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Normally I would say the childhood friend is doomed but it is quite unusual to get a chapter from her perspective that early on. So it is hard to guess where it will go.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Everybody already assumed the childhood friend is doomed. I would like to see a twist the friend winning for once.

Sometimes the childhood friend character wins... but I don't think it will be the case here because tomboy girl bombed it. Any chance she could have had was destroyed the moment she firmly stuck herself into the other girl's friendzone.

She could have done, oh, so many many things. But she did squat zilch. Even worse, when the other girl said she wanted to fall in love with someone else, tb girl was like: "All right, I'll support you!" Ten seconds later, that's exactly what happens: the other girl falls for someone else at first sight... and tb girl is like: "Oh no, my life is ruined!" Wtf, dude?

It wasn't so much "my life is ruined" as "big, dramatic change incoming, status quo is breaking down". For that matter, what exactly are you suggested the alternative to "All right, I'll support you!" is, when the friend is going all "I want me some succulent manflesh"?

Sorryclipboard01
joined Sep 21, 2023

For that matter, what exactly are you suggested the alternative to "All right, I'll support you!" is, when the friend is going all "I want me some succulent manflesh"?

Lmao
I think the point they're making is that maybe, just maybe, things would not have reached this stage if she had spoken her feelings before.

The two friends have been together all their lives. They're what now, 16? Plenty of time to say "You're the most important person in the universe for me, I want you to stay by my side forever!" But she never said it, she took the black-haired girl for granted... and now she's gonna learn the truth in the old saying "You snooze, you lose."

joined Jul 8, 2020

Is it even a triangle if two of them already like each other? I mean, "An Easy Introduction to Love Triangle" would be the realest triangle relationship so far and we all know how it end LOL

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 7:27PM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I renumbered the chapters as 1,2,3 as in the volume, instead of the raws site numbering.

Thank you for your work on this, it's really appreciated.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Thank you, I can tell you that renumbering helped me.
When I was reading for the first time as a whole setting, after finishing first part and immediately jumping on the second, I simply stuck after 2 pics of that second part and I did not know why I can't read further. I simply could not concentrate.
After few hours I tried again, and it looked to me like a prologue (like watching the trailer for a movie and scenes are going on and on like flashing lights and there's no real connection between them).

I think without separation in 3 parts, mind of a reader does not have enough time for needed pause for changing POVs, and we have 3 different POVs, one after another. Maybe it was real reason for grumpiness in comment section?
So renumbering was great move from you, and thanks again for taking your time to make it in right order, with needed pauses!

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 9:18PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

I think the whole "childhood friend" thing is a meme, however you almost always can tell who will win any sort of romantic competition and it's the first person to have a "spark" with the mc. The one time I can I think of off the top of my head where the author went out of their way to subvert that, "Domestic Girlfriend," the ending turned out to be universally reviled lol.

joined Aug 8, 2020

For that matter, what exactly are you suggested the alternative to "All right, I'll support you!" is, when the friend is going all "I want me some succulent manflesh"?

Lmao
I think the point they're making is that maybe, just maybe, things would not have reached this stage if she had spoken her feelings before.

The two friends have been together all their lives. They're what now, 16? Plenty of time to say "You're the most important person in the universe for me, I want you to stay by my side forever!" But she never said it, she took the black-haired girl for granted... and now she's gonna learn the truth in the old saying "You snooze, you lose."

For real, the reason childhood friends usually lose out in love triangles is because they're playing a long game without realizing it, since they've gotten used to a certain closeness (and a certain distance) and at best a passive approach to closing that distance. A newer more proactive rival will catch up and surpass easily if the childhood friend is careless. And it happens pretty much every time. I would love to see the trend bucked more and I'm always down for poly endings to love triangle situations, but oth of those occasions are rare, and for it to be both? I don't have high hopes. Only time will tell.

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 5:00AM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I think the whole "childhood friend" thing is a meme, however you almost always can tell who will win any sort of romantic competition and it's the first person to have a "spark" with the mc. The one time I can I think of off the top of my head where the author went out of their way to subvert that, "Domestic Girlfriend," the ending turned out to be universally reviled lol.

It's a meme taken from het harem romcoms, probably specifically Nisekoi. But yeah, most of the time it's easy to guess who'll "win." Though Ichigo 100% is another example of an ending that "subverts" the tendency you describe, and while that was controversial it was overall well-received especially in hindsight. But that's probably enough talk about het harems on the Dynasty forum lol.

To return to this manga, what I find curious is how much emphasis was put on the tomboy character -- she gets an entire spotlight chapter early on -- despite her clearly being the third wheel. She's being set up to play a major role and I'm curious to see what it is.

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Was really hoping for a A likes B but be likes C and C likes A kinda triangle but this is fine too I guess.

Also this is just my interpretation but I don't think the childhood friend knew it was romantic love that she felt for her bestfriend until now. I think she only realized it when she saw her friend look at that Bob-head and was like "Ohh I wish she looked at me like that." Ykwim?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The last lines are pretty explicit as to what the tomboy feels:

The sound of falling : her "friend" falling in love
The sound of breaking: the sound of her own heart breaking.

last edited at Feb 15, 2024 3:09AM

Firefox_th3fhgomhk
joined Nov 25, 2023

I concur. Look at the list under the Childhood Friends tag to find heaps of stories with childhood friends who turn into lovers.

you should read kashimashi girl meets girl. though it disappointed me because i wanted the other girl to win, if a childhood friend ending is what you want, that's got it. and in general, within yuri, childhood friends get a fair shot. i would even say they often win over the initial crush/object of admiration, it can be a little frustrating!

as for this manga, the art is gorgeous. i'll read it for that alone. time to look up raws and binge!

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

The last lines are pretty explicit as to what the tomboy feels:

The sound of falling : her "friend" falling in love
The sound of breaking: the sound of her own hear breaking.

Brilliant observation. I did not notice it and I was puzzled what it means.
This explains it all, so, thanks a lot for your insight!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Normally I would say the childhood friend is doomed but it is quite unusual to get a chapter from her perspective that early on. So it is hard to guess where it will go.

It's not just that, but the emphasis on "normal", both in the dialogue and the title, makes me think the "love at first sight" moment is just an inciting incident

last edited at Feb 14, 2024 1:50PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

This is gonna HURT, isn't it? I'm just going to enjoy the size gap couple figuring things out, before everything goes to hell.

Avatar%20knights%20badass%20hung%20clipboard01
joined Feb 25, 2023

All this talk about childhood friends made me wonder, y'all reading Asumi-chan?
Because that's one series were the childhood friend is endgame and it's been set in stone from the very beginning! Asumi goes through dozens of girls and has all kinds of relationships, while all the time looking for her childhood friend, and the moment they meet and get together is when the manga will end.

joined Oct 19, 2022

Saori from Yuricam is laughing at you so hard right now...

To reply you must either login or sign up.