Forum › Posts by AvyJae

joined Aug 8, 2020

My gf gets a little anxious and clingy, but I think it's cute! I think hime-chan is cute too! Yoru-chan and I are probably a lot alike. A little absent minded, a little carefree... but we love our partners a lot!

joined Aug 8, 2020

I really like how this manga balanced out fantasy manga and real life issues. Especially the Prince Yuu and their issue, it was handle with a lot more nuances than any other manga I've read. Being as popular as it is I'm glad this manga is giving voices to actual problems in the LGBT community.

Honestly! And I hope the anime adaptation continues until it reaches that point, it would be kinda huge, and can really bring up a lot of awareness of gender and sexuality.

joined Aug 8, 2020

For that matter, what exactly are you suggested the alternative to "All right, I'll support you!" is, when the friend is going all "I want me some succulent manflesh"?

Lmao
I think the point they're making is that maybe, just maybe, things would not have reached this stage if she had spoken her feelings before.

The two friends have been together all their lives. They're what now, 16? Plenty of time to say "You're the most important person in the universe for me, I want you to stay by my side forever!" But she never said it, she took the black-haired girl for granted... and now she's gonna learn the truth in the old saying "You snooze, you lose."

For real, the reason childhood friends usually lose out in love triangles is because they're playing a long game without realizing it, since they've gotten used to a certain closeness (and a certain distance) and at best a passive approach to closing that distance. A newer more proactive rival will catch up and surpass easily if the childhood friend is careless. And it happens pretty much every time. I would love to see the trend bucked more and I'm always down for poly endings to love triangle situations, but oth of those occasions are rare, and for it to be both? I don't have high hopes. Only time will tell.

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 5:00AM

joined Aug 8, 2020

It's nice and all that the scanlator works so fast...oh wait,VOLUME THREE.

I'm still waiting on volume 3 before I get caught up again.

joined Aug 8, 2020

If the girls aren't gonna end up together someone might as well tell me now so I don't waste any more time on this manga.

last edited at Jun 28, 2023 4:05AM

joined Aug 8, 2020

Still no chapter 10 or volume 3?

AvyJae
joined Aug 8, 2020

Kase'd better spill that she has a girlfriend already or I stg.

joined Aug 8, 2020

Wildly inaccurate title aside, it's pretty cute.

AvyJae
joined Aug 8, 2020

Looks like the pages of 262 got uploaded out of order?

joined Aug 8, 2020

Just friends....
Fuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk....

For now...

joined Aug 8, 2020

Gosh, been so long I'm gonna have to give it a reread! Love to see that this series is still kicking, though!

joined Aug 8, 2020

I fully embrace my willingness to overlook problematic relationship dynamics just because it's Yuri. Same with my willingness to overlook tired tropes and clichés. All I care about is getting to read stories about girls being together, even if it's a little fucked up.

joined Aug 8, 2020

I dunno if these pages are high res enough./s

AvyJae
Liberty discussion 05 May 05:15
joined Aug 8, 2020

Imagine confusing "being coerced into having sex while drunk" with "willfully deciding to cheat on your partner." Couldn't be me.

joined Aug 8, 2020

puts on forensics outfit ah yes, axe wounds, truly unfortunate, to see a series ended before it's time.

Ending rushed so fast they dropped Rio and didn't go back to pick her up.

last edited at May 2, 2022 3:07AM

joined Aug 8, 2020

I'm gunning for that poly ending

My friend I am thinking the same thing. I want them to take this country gal under their wing so bad

I hope so too! I know some people are against it but I think polyamory deserves more representation.

AvyJae
joined Aug 8, 2020

Looks pretty promising, I'll definitely keep reading. I might have to take some notes though, I must have 12 different manga going right now with the same basic '' office person/salaryman turning to a stranger/sex worker/professional for the bare minimum human warmth that their life lacks '' :P It can get kinda confusing !

It's the latest trend, it seems.

AvyJae
joined Aug 8, 2020

I get the feeling that if the author had another volume to work with, they would've probably expanded on the time travel logistics a little more. My guess it was after ch24 was written and that other time traveller was established that news of the impending end reached the author and they had to wrap things up. (blah blah American brand name for Lynx deoderant etc.) Given that this is primarily an ecchi romcom, it was probably a smarter move to dedicate the remaining time to a saucy climax and a happy epilogue rather than cram in a rushed explanation of how the time travel works. Granted we don't have any answers, but we're not given any lazy ones either.

I dunno, the fact that it was seemingly not even the same timeline cause seto doesnt remember meeting older, time traveling nana in highschool, but still ended up being affected, somehow, by those events seems a little poorly conceived.

AvyJae
Distortion discussion 20 Feb 04:37
joined Aug 8, 2020

No beating around the Bush with setup let's get right to the ~DRAMA~

AvyJae
joined Aug 8, 2020

I hope this has/gets serialized.

AvyJae
joined Aug 8, 2020

Does anyone else feel like the author just had a checklist of things that needed to happen but didn't know how to do it organically so they just sped through all of them?
1. Timeslip+identity reveal
2. Older Nanasawa confession
3. Younger Nanasawa confession
4. Polycule

I was expecting each one of those things to have some buildup and drama but they happened almost simultaneously and with very little time for the characters to actually process everything

I think that's not a bug, but a feature. It kind of makes sense for those events to happen rapidly. Especially since Seto's "I have two hands..." moment comes after the return trip from the training camp, so theres been some time for her to, presumably, sort out her feelings, and if she feels like she loves both Nanasawas, then it's a logical choice to try and date both of them. And frankly the buildup for this has been basically everything up to this point, and there's much drama yet to unfold.

last edited at Dec 31, 2021 12:16AM

AvyJae
joined Aug 8, 2020

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIII

joined Aug 8, 2020

Since reading ch2 and ch3 most of my anxiety has calmed down. To put my fears to words, I was so scared of their savings running out, not having food, and what insurance they'll have if someone gets sick or injured. I'm not familiar with how healthcare is in japan, but where I am it's tied to your job. Given its tone, i doubt such things will be addressed so I'm sure I have nothing to be afraid of.

They've been on the island for like half a day. If their savings were that slim I doubt they would have made the trip at all. It's still a possibility in the future but as far as story pacing goes itd be putting the cart before the horse for that sort of thing to come up before they've even got their bike back.

joined Aug 8, 2020

Matsuba really said "Ah I see, my granddaughter is a lesbian. Very well."

joined Aug 8, 2020

This one is gonna hurt. But it will be a good pain.