Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

...yikes. From cute teasing to creepy fetish material just like that, this is ridiculously uncomfortable to read now.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I can't believe Hino is dead for like the 3rd time now

Also the pissing while handholding thing reminded me of Nana Yuri, though they we're officially dating on that series so it's a lot less disturbing

last edited at May 19, 2019 4:16AM

Really the problem wasn't just using the toilet together, but rather the fact that it was nonconsensual crosses some serious red lines.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Always with this Japanese toilet complex and fetish.

It's kinda a cultural thing, so, people, don't judge.

last edited at May 19, 2019 4:22AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Really the problem wasn't just using the toilet together, but rather the fact that it was nonconsensual crosses some serious red lines.

Non-consensual implies Koguma said no. But she didn't. The only thing she told Hino was to close her ears and she did.
As usual, Koguma is cornering herself. HIno can't and won't force her into anything. We all know that the moment Koguma says no, Hino'd back off like she has been hit with a battering iron.

EDIT: Although the situation can be somewhat interpreted as extortion (what with "I wont go to class unless you do X") it is simply not something with actual stakes. Hino skipping a few classes will not make her repeat a year just yet, so Koguma has not much to lose from refusing when she realy wants to.

last edited at May 19, 2019 4:26AM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

P.S. Koguma should invest in a pair of hand cuffs.

She doesn't need to invest in one. She can just ask Hino to make her one. At least that way both quality and comfort (less chafing) can be accounted for.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Damnit I thought we had gotten over the "It's okay because we're both girls" hurdle, already. Don't even let me get started on the "now I can't get married" remark. The last three chapters, kind of feels like a bit of a deescalation to they're relationship.
Plus, two girls holding hands automatically means they're dating, but going to the same bathroom stall together, isn't embarrassing, because they're both girls? Something isn't adding up.

Unless my memory fails me, I'm certain that a big hurdle/moment in Bright & Cheery Amnesia is that even though they're already a pair, giving a kiss is a big deal. Even though they're already a couple, one might feel that 'two girls kissing' is a markedly unique thing for they themselves to get over. It's a personal boundary issue, I feel.

No, You got me all wrong. My point wasn't that Koguma freaked about using the bathroom stall, with an audience. Of course she did, lots of married couples don't even do their business, in front of one another. My point was, I thought Hino and Koguma were past the whole "We're both girls, so there is no reason to be embarrassed around me." thing. One chapter the pair seems to be on the verge of actually starting to date, and two chapters later, they're talking like two girls dating is an unknown concept, to them.

It's kinda a cultural thing, so, people, don't judge.

That's a 'yikes' too. Just what kind of warped conception of Japanese people lives in your head? If you took any random person off a street in Japan, odds are extremely high they're not a toilet fetishist.

non-consensual implies Koguma said no

It's 2019, don't you know "she didn't say no" is extremely out of vogue? She was coerced into doing it.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

She doesn't need to invest in one. She can just ask Hino to make her one. At least that way both quality and comfort (less chafing) can be accounted for.

That would be kind of funny, seeing I was thinking Koguma could use the handcuffs to cuff Hino to her desk, then Koguma could use the bathroom in peace. After all Hino openly admitted she's a flight risk.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's 2019, don't you know "she didn't say no" is extremely out of vogue? She was coerced into doing it.

Koguma has shown several times that she is quite capable of it. And I already shot a hole into the coercion thing.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Welp. I liked these chapters. Waiting for them to finally date.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

"Yikes, reeee, protect the fictional character, she can't think or speak for herself in her own fictional world and everything she wants doesn't matter because I know better"

Pretty sure Koguma can handle herself just fine. I really don't like it when people treat female characters like they need a guardian that speaks for them on their behalf. It's bad enough when that happens irl.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Koguma has shown several times that she is quite capable of it. And I already shot a hole into the coercion thing.

A tiny meaningless hole but sure. If you power on over someone's hesitance because "They didn't say no" especially if part of why they didn't say no is because you've given them an ultimatum then there's no consent. Period. It's not a shades of grey issue. Consent isn't "Not no" it's "Yes."

But yeah I'm dropping this, Hino is officially just kind of repulsive to me at this point.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

A tiny meaningless hole but sure. If you power on over someone's hesitance because "They didn't say no" especially if part of why they didn't say no is because you've given them an ultimatum then there's no consent. Period. It's not a shades of grey issue. Consent isn't "Not no" it's "Yes."

But yeah I'm dropping this, Hino is officially just kind of repulsive to me at this point.

Hino hasn't done anything aside from saying they should hold hands together. She let go of Koguma's hand when she saw that it was too much for her. Koguma could have told her to leave, without repercussions at that point as she already let go of her hand, yet didn't. When Koguma told her to cover her ears she did.

Literally all the power is on Koguma's side, with Hino only having the "I won't go to class" card as a starter.
If there are no consequences, not saying she should leave is just her own fault at that point. Read the chapters again carefully and this becomes blatantly obvious.

EDIT:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch30#6
In this scene Hino quite blatantly tells her to just let go and do it on her own. She is giving her every out. In the first place the whole bathroom thing was more of a joke suggestion, but Koguma doesn't refuse. As I mentioned before, she seems to be pushing as far as she can to find out when Kgouma will finally push her away, even though she is afraid of that too.
The only thing you can blame Hino for is being opportunistic.

last edited at May 19, 2019 6:19AM

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

This chapter made me very uncomfortable. "Let me go to the bathroom stall with you or else" Yeah. This made me realize what that nagging feeling in my mind was when I first started reading this. I don't like Hino.

joined Apr 18, 2018

Don't know why some of you can't even let it go when Hino had already apologized the next chapter because she herself realized that she had gone overboard and Koguma makes it clear that she accepted the apology. It's as if chapter 32 doesn't exist. Of course, certain readers can choose not to pardon Hino for her action this time but Koguma is written to be fine with it and I'm going to continue reading because I'm myself is fine with what's going on. Also, I think Hino was testing out the water, to see how far Koguma would go, whether she's capable of saying no straight to her face, which is evident in chapter 32 that she's indeed possesses the ability to do so, though it also somewhat affected Hino's mentality, which is whether she's serious about that or not is up to debate. Either way, I think Hino was trying to teach Koguma to say no and push unnecessary obligations away, because it had been told since the start of the series that Koguma is too nice for her own good. (forced to become the class president, e.t.c)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Alright, umm... Mixed feelings? Chapter 30: liked it, with even the "to be continued" meme music playing in ny head when seeing the to be continued at the end of it. Chapter 31: kinda creepy, but also kinda hilarious (the biggest reason why I have mixed feelings about today's translations of this manga). Chapter 32: Great.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This chapter made me very uncomfortable. "Let me go to the bathroom stall with you or else"

That's not what happened.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Don't know why some of you can't even let it go when Hino had already apologized the next chapter because she herself realized that she had gone overboard and Koguma makes it clear that she accepted the apology. It's as if chapter 32 doesn't exist. Of course, certain readers can choose not to pardon Hino for her action this time but Koguma is written to be fine with it and I'm going to continue reading because I'm myself is fine with what's going on. Also, I think Hino was testing out the water, to see how far Koguma would go, whether she's capable of saying no straight to her face, which is evident in chapter 32 that she's indeed possesses the ability to do so, though it also somewhat affected Hino's mentality, which is whether she's serious about that or not is up to debate. Either way, I think Hino was trying to teach Koguma to say no and push unnecessary obligations away, because it had been told since the start of the series that Koguma is too nice for her own good. (forced to become the class president, e.t.c)

I don't care if Koguma is fine with it, I found it incredibly creepy and it's made me unable to look at Hino the same way anymore so I can't enjoy this story. Fictional characters are fine with lots of heinous shit if it furthers the author's agenda and you're not like disrespecting the fictional character's choices if you reject them you're rejecting the author's values that they are a mouthpiece for.

joined Feb 23, 2016

If this lewdness keeps up we need nsfw tag ಠ_ಠ

joined Apr 18, 2018

I don't care if Koguma is fine with it, I found it incredibly creepy and it's made me unable to look at Hino the same way anymore so I can't enjoy this story. Fictional characters are fine with lots of heinous shit if it furthers the author's agenda and you're not like disrespecting the fictional character's choices if you reject them you're rejecting the author's values that they are a mouthpiece for.

When you take it personally like this, then it's clearly time to stop reading, all right.

joined May 1, 2015

Why are people making such a big deal out of this manga? It is a work of fiction. If you do not like it, then stop reading it. I am fed up with people white knighting fictional characters.
If you want to know what is really messed up, read the prison lab manga (Not Yuri). That shait will hunt you forever.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Ah shit, here we go again. Cleanup on aisle 3 incoming, and it ain't Koguma ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

This chapter made me very uncomfortable. "Let me go to the bathroom stall with you or else"

That's not what happened.

That's exactly what happened. Hino said if Koguma let go of her hand then won't go to the class. This is an ultimatum, which immediately makes the whole thing creepy, regardless of what Koguma wants. I know the whole manga is supposed to be a joke. I also know that Hino never did anything with an ill intention. That's why I didn't complain when she did pretty questionable things before. But chapter 31 was very fetish-y and bordered on bullying rather than harmless teasing. Invading people's privacy when they pee and when they are clearly reluctant? Come on Hino, you can do better as a decent human being.

However, I am not dropping this manga yet, since Hino apologized in the next chapter. She seemed to be genuinely sorry about what she did, and probably won't do it again. I still don't like her, but I'm willing to give her a chance.

last edited at May 19, 2019 7:53AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That's exactly what happened. Hino said if Koguma let go of her hand then won't go to the class. This is an ultimatum, which immediately makes the whole thing creepy, regardless of what Koguma wants. I know the whole manga is supposed to be a joke. I also know that Hino never did anything with an ill intention. That's why I didn't complain when she did pretty questionable things before. But chapter 31 was very fetish-y and bordered on bullying rather than harmless teasing. Invading people's privacy when they pee and when they are clearly reluctant? Come on Hino, you can do better as a decent human being.

However, I am not dropping this manga yet, since Hino apologized in the next chapter. She seemed to be genuinely sorry about what she did, and probably won't do it again. I still don't like her, but I'm willing to give her a chance.

The "ultimatum" only extended towards holding hands towards the classroom. The bathroom part was not mandatory, as Hino already said Koguma should let go. Even further, when Koguma was too uncomfortable Hino let go of the hand, ending the "ultimatum" (what an overdramatic word for something far less sinister). From that point onward, everything was on Koguma.

Sure it's creepy, but if that's her fetish... All I'm defending here is that fact that Koguma wasn't forced into anything and Hino NEVER said anything about "Let me go into the stall with you or else". That was never part of any deal.

last edited at May 19, 2019 8:27AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.