Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Well aren't you the sensitive one. Let me remind you that this is a work of fiction. Let me remind you that Mimika is also underage. Let me remind you that it is a consensual relationship. Let me remind you that this age gap is not that big. If the girls were 40 and 20 you would have no problem would you? Even though the age gap is so much bigger. The age of sexual adulthood is also diff. by countries. Some have it down to 12, which i think is Yuzumori-san's age. Stop being so triggered.

Hahah you are like that, aren't you? Either that or just a troll like Nez said.
Kids will never have an adult's or even teenagers ability to consent. They literally do not have the "brains" for it and many other things until after 15.
You start by defending it as a "work of fiction" but then proceed to get butthurt about the other details.
You know what? PEADOPHILIA IS NEVER EVER JUSTIFIED EVEEEEER, we can even write a song about it mr. PedoTroll.
"Stop being so triggered because if you dont I will feelz bad I haz these pedo feelings and you saying they arent fluffy like this story buhuhuhu"
Good for you that you didn't have that happen to you (being raped/molested by an adult/older teen) * applauses *
Still admiring how author handles Mimika's feelings and looking fwd to that time skip that seems to bother Andrei (I am guessing bc Kaede wont be a kid anymore and he wont have the hots for her)

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Let me remind you that this age gap is not that big. If the girls were 40 and 20 you would have no problem would you? Even though the age gap is so much bigger.

This age gap is pretty big. An age gap is much less significant among adults than among children, something that Jess acknowledged, but you seem to have ignored:

I am looking fwd to a time skip! Since this age difference isnt that big of a deal once you are over 20.

The difference in maturity between someone around 12 years old and someone around 16 is bigger than the one between a 20 and a 24 year old. Or than the one between a 20 and a 40 year old.

Plus, the story establishes pretty early that Yuzumori is 9 or 10 years old.

Yes! All of this! And I treated the person as the troll he is, I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

last edited at Feb 12, 2018 4:41PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eh, if you leave it at that then it's fine.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Eh, if you leave it at that then it's fine.

No prob

last edited at Feb 12, 2018 5:45PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I still don't know what to think of this. The 10 years old in this are more mature and articulate than the high schoolers. I'm having a hard time with the suspension of disbelief.

Other than that, the eyes... the are HUGE...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch30#8

Isn't that because the author planned for Mimika to be the younger one? or was that just something the author drew for us?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Catching up on discussion, and lolwat @ Kodomo no Jikan being a realistic look at anything

do people actually think of kids like this

joined Apr 25, 2017

Well aren't you the sensitive one. Let me remind you that this is a work of fiction. Let me remind you that Mimika is also underage. Let me remind you that it is a consensual relationship. Let me remind you that this age gap is not that big. If the girls were 40 and 20 you would have no problem would you? Even though the age gap is so much bigger. The age of sexual adulthood is also diff. by countries. Some have it down to 12, which i think is Yuzumori-san's age. Stop being so triggered.

Hahah you are like that, aren't you? Either that or just a troll like Nez said.
Kids will never have an adult's or even teenagers ability to consent. They literally do not have the "brains" for it and many other things until after 15.
You start by defending it as a "work of fiction" but then proceed to get butthurt about the other details.
You know what? PEADOPHILIA IS NEVER EVER JUSTIFIED EVEEEEER, we can even write a song about it mr. PedoTroll.
"Stop being so triggered because if you dont I will feelz bad I haz these pedo feelings and you saying they arent fluffy like this story buhuhuhu"
Good for you that you didn't have that happen to you (being raped/molested by an adult/older teen) * applauses *
Still admiring how author handles Mimika's feelings and looking fwd to that time skip that seems to bother Andrei (I am guessing bc Kaede wont be a kid anymore and he wont have the hots for her)

Slow Claps Well why do you read it then? Don't read what you don't like. And if you do like it, well, there is no reason to badmouth it. This is not a one-shot, so there is no way for you to have read it and then realized that it is not for you. So just don't read it. And yes. I love picking meaningless fights, because discussions are fun. By Bentham's philosophy, the relationship is ethically correct, as the amount of happiness over-weighs the unhappiness (if there is any to begin with). Immanuel Kant would argue that it may not be as ethically correct because it is pedophilia, but that depends on the country and what people deem pedophilia to be. If a girl was 18 and the other 16, is it pedophilia because she is not of "legal" age? There are always two parts to a discussion. Your statement has subjective feelings behind it (so does mine, but i can at least bring logic into it and not personal problems that did not take place in the manga). Seeing it objectively, nothing about this is illegal. No sex. No "taking advantage".

joined Apr 25, 2017

Looking at your recent comments, you seem to be just trolling around, trying to pick fights. Please cut it out.

Nah. No trolling. The last comments being discussions can be logically explained. Let's say you read something. Either a manga or a comment. If you agree with the manga or comment, there is no need to say anything so you do not reply. But if you disagree, then you are more likely to leave a comment giving your opinion, either it being subjective or objective. Basic psychology.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I still don't know what to think of this. The 10 years old in this are more mature and articulate than the high schoolers. I'm having a hard time with the suspension of disbelief.

Other than that, the eyes... the are HUGE...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch30#8

Isn't that because the author planned for Mimika to be the younger one? or was that just something the author drew for us?

Pretty sure they drew that piece for fun.

The story would be waaaaaaaaay less interesting if their ages were reversed.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The story would be waaaaaaaaay less interesting if their ages were reversed.

You say it like it's interesting now when the older girl is braindead while the loli is the more "mature" one.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Is Mimika's friend still dying from that flying spinning heel kick?

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

RIP, she crossed the path of too many deadly lolis.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kyonne posted:

She comes back in the next chapter to hang out

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don't think things have changed as much as people like to think. There were some laws passed basically restricting how stuff with certain content could be sold IIRC but I haven't noticed much of an affect. It's more that, given the increasing popularity of the medium, and the prevalence of social sites like Twitter, you hear the criticism of this stuff a lot more often. Loli fanservice is still super super common tho. Hell, just look at the -monogatari franchise. That has a LOT of loli fanservice and it's super successful and popular. I think rather than longing for a day when certain kinds of content was more prevalent, it's more that these people just miss the days when awareness of that stuff was super niche outside Japan so they didn't hear criticism and complaints as much.

Hell, I'd go so far as to say that characters who are lolicons are way more prevalent than they used to be.

Ah, yeah, Monogatari... that freaking incestuous loli toothbrush scene turned me off from ever watching it. It's not like I really would've anyway but still... definitely not watching it now.

It's a shame that those laws aren't really doing much, whatever that may be... I mean, say what you will about CENSORSHIP and whatnot, but I don't think any country wants to be known as a haven for pedophiles, even if the targets of their twisted lust are entirely fictional and even if complaints from Westerners really don't have much of an effect. It still sure doesn't present a great image to the rest of the world... certain people (like one in this thread...) notwithstanding. Oooor maybe Japan just doesn't care and is trying to sweep it under the rug... I don't know much about this topic, but it sure seems like an Asian thing to do.

Catching up on discussion, and lolwat @ Kodomo no Jikan being a realistic look at anything

Nice, so Kodomo no Jikan ain't a realistic look at this kind of stuff as I've heard?... somewhere... not sure where... Nice, nice... it means my hatred for it is justified. I don't suppose My Little Sister (gah, what's the abbreviation again? Imo...One? Eh, whatever) is that realistic either, so I guess I can hate both of them without being fully hypocritical. At least Yuzumori-san is slightly more realistic... marginally so, though it seems to be getting more and more fantastical with every passing chapter... (LOLI JUMP KICK!!!) But, yeah, we all know that some of us, me included, fully accept Yuzumori-san while thinking of other loli things as shitty anime for degenerates just 'cause it's yuri...

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 2:19AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

It's a shame that those laws aren't really doing much, whatever that may be... I mean, say what you will about CENSORSHIP and whatnot, but I don't think any country wants to be known as a haven for pedophiles, even if the targets of their twisted lust are entirely fictional and even if complaints from Westerners really don't have much of an effect. It still sure doesn't present a great image to the rest of the world... certain people (like one in this thread...) notwithstanding. Oooor maybe Japan just doesn't care and is trying to sweep it under the rug... I don't know much about this topic, but it sure seems like an Asian thing to do.

I think people should re-examine one of the core facets of this manga we're reading. Namely that Mimika is a pedophile and successfully deals with her obsessions despite that (as many reputable studies have shown, pedophilia is a relatively common orientation compared to the number of offenses). So cool it people.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I think people should re-examine one of the core facets of this manga we're reading. Namely that Mimika is a pedophile and successfully deals with her obsessions despite that (as many reputable studies have shown, pedophilia is a relatively common orientation compared to the number of offenses). So cool it people.

Even if you say that, it's not like pedophilia is accepted at all throughout pretty much the entire world... so I'd say my point still stands. I mean, what you're saying is really not related at all to what I'm saying. Besides, I was clearly discussing things in which the pedophile in question DOES NOT successfully deal with their obsessions as Mimika does. Certainly, that's the great thing about Yuzumori-san in comparison to other more messed-up stuff... though, that said, it's hardly like Yuzumori-san would be received positively throughout most of the world either.

You know, I've noticed that you completely miss the point of a post you're complaining about in several of your posts that I've seen... maybe try actually reading the post and thinking a bit before you make a stupid statement like this that's not even related to the argument.

About the "reputable studies," you're gonna have to link a few of those... that said, if that's true (well, even if it's not), I do find it saddening to an extent. Of course, I feel no remorse for those who actually do shit, but those who don't must lead a depressing, lonely life, unable to truly love anyone and unable to really express their feelings to anyone... though I don't really know much about pedophiles, so perhaps they can love people their own age too... in which case I don't really feel quite as bad for them.

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 3:43AM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I mean, say what you will about CENSORSHIP and whatnot, but I don't think any country wants to be known as a haven for pedophiles, [...].

Everybody knows molesting a child is bad, everybody knows that in almost all cases dating a minor or having a large age-gap at younger ages can be problematic. As long as you know this, I don't see the problem with these kind of stories*, they're just wishful thinking - it's exactly because they can't work in real life that people who enjoys them like the whole idea : also, hentai or violent stories aside, those kind of stories tend to be filled with diabetes inducing sweetness.

Now for the dubious analogy : Everybody knows murder is a bad thing, in most cases, you shouldn't kill anybody because taking a life is not a trivial thing and can hurt a lot of people, even the one who accomplishes the act. However, there are numerous stories/medium glorifying the act depending on the context, painting it as something justified or even positive, and are critically acclaimed and accepted by many - mostly to cater to (for some of us) our inner anger, some kind of cathartic stuff to expel any violent urges, or just to let off steam after a stressful day. Those films didn't make murder or murderers more accepted in society, I assume it's the same for lolicon stories; so why censor them?

I guess it's an unpopular opinion and most people will keep seeing those stories as a way to make paedophilia acceptable (since there are still people believing videogames makes you into a mass murdering psychopath) so, in the end, it will probably be censored.

* Except for those for which/whom/who(?) it hit too close to home (like Jess in this thread), but the same goes with those who had any trauma or problem, rape victims, those who lost a loved one, etc., if you have take into consideration every single one individual that might get offended or hurt by a story or just a portion of it, you won't have many stories left. Best thing to do is to warn people of what is inside the story, which is what is done in here, so you can avoid what you don't like and prevent your children from reading what you don't want them to (because think of the children!).

@Jess, I'm glad to see that you're comfortable enough with your trauma to talk about them, but I can't help to wonder why you started to read the story if it hurt you that much? Perhaps some kind of therapy to face it? I admire your courage anyway. Sorry if I'm intruding, feel free to ignore my message or insult me. If it's too much, you can delete this part, Nezchan.

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 10:35AM

Akari-daisuki
joined Dec 19, 2015

The issue being Kodomo no Jikan got one back when the anime environment was more friendly for those sorts of things.

Darmn, I miss those days

So, you miss those days wherein lolis were fetishized and student-teacher relations involving a 10? year old girl were glorified?

Yes.

joined Apr 25, 2017

The issue being Kodomo no Jikan got one back when the anime environment was more friendly for those sorts of things.

Darmn, I miss those days

So, you miss those days wherein lolis were fetishized and student-teacher relations involving a 10? year old girl were glorified?

Yes.

Nice bruv <3

joined Jan 4, 2014

Now for the dubious analogy : Everybody knows murder is a bad thing, in most cases, you shouldn't kill anybody because taking a life is not a trivial thing and can hurt a lot of people, even the one who accomplishes the act. However, there are numerous stories/medium glorifying the act depending on the context, painting it as something justified or even positive, and are critically acclaimed and accepted by many - mostly to cater to (for some of us) our inner anger, some kind of cathartic stuff to expel any violent urges, or just to let off steam after a stressful day. Those films didn't make murder or murderers more accepted in society, I assume it's the same for lolicon stories; so why censor them?

I guess it's an unpopular opinion and most people will keep seeing those stories as a way to make paedophilia acceptable (since there are still people believing videogames makes you into a mass murdering psychopath) so, in the end, it will probably be censored.

Hm. I don't really disagree, but think that’s a somewhat grey area, as there are some very different stories out there in this “genre”.

This one is pretty harmless in my opinion. Mimika is very much conscious of the boundaries, which after all still apply to herself as well, seeing as she is also rather young. Many young couples do not jump over the line that requires Romeo and Juliet laws for a long time, with relationships lasting years before they become consummated in any form (if ever, although media can play a role here). Her level of infatuation is, of course, displayed as somewhat over the top, but it always feels as if she is essentially at risk of dying from cuteness overload, rather than going down a much more questionable route.

The grey area is one that may be argued to function as a catharsis, with characters so over the top or caricatured that it cannot be taken entirely seriously (e.g. most NSFW Lucky Star doujins on this site). It is a “safe” projection of fantasies, as it does not link back to real life. Think Lester Burnham’s reaction in “American Beauty” (1) when he and Angela, the cheerleader from his daughter’s class onto which he had projected his fantasies, are suddenly in a corresponding real-world scenario: a few simple words from her shatter his fantasy, making him realise that she is still only as mature as his 16yo daughter (if that), and he stops his advances. It is that sudden gulf between fantasy and reality that acts as a real-life safety system.

Other stories… Well. While I can follow the cathartic argument in the case of the grey area, there are some manga out there that cross a line. For example, there is not enough brain bleach to ever let me read Prism innocently again after making the grievous error of looking up some of Shou’s other works; some of which contain parts that are almost instructions of how to groom and “train” kids (the excellent drawing style does not help - and no, do not make the same mistake I did). Those types of things are beyond something that can be excused as cathartic for readers, going into the territory of inspiration and a how-to-guide, and some of the stuff out there makes Shou's worst seem harmless and reasonable. That stuff can indeed be dangerous, in particular for those who are already prone to being susceptible (2). It is also illegal in most countries.

As said at the beginning, in my mind Yuzumori-san is in the "mostly harmless" category; and so far, Ejima Eri has managed to skirt that edge rather well. Hopefully that continues.

(1) and yes, from today’s perspective, and in particular in this context, it is rather unfortunate that Kevin Spacey played that role, but it is the most prominent example I could think of

(2) herein lies the risk with the whole “video games create psychopaths” argument. They can indeed be harmful to those who are already walking that path, with some very few exceptions cynically catering to that part of the market. The bulk of games fall squarely into the other two categories, rendering them a form of entertainment that allows you to get rid of aggression, rather than plan some murder spree. Movies are very similar in that regard.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think Mimika was telling the truth when she said she'd love Yuzumori as she grows up ΑΝD that she wished she was older already. So Mimika CAN be attracted to Yuzumori, as she was, but also to older girls. In other words, Mimika's probably going to be fine. She has a long time to work through her obvious arrested development.

tl;dr Mimika and Yuzumori move to France. The End.

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 9:38PM

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

@Jess, I'm glad to see that you're comfortable enough with your trauma to talk about them, but I can't help to wonder why you started to read the story if it hurt you that much? Perhaps some kind of therapy to face it? I admire your courage anyway. Sorry if I'm intruding, feel free to ignore my message or insult me. If it's too much, you can delete this part, Nezchan.

Hmm if I recall this correctly I started reading it because I love Yuri and there was nothing else to read that day. Also the first chapters are kind of not.. "Too much" , well talking about this stuff is still awkward and I have to push myself BUT I saw people discussing pedophilia here and I thought that a kid/now adult first hand experience would add to the convo, and thank you for saying that You admire my courage c: . Feel free to ask more questions

Also: I want that time skiep soooo bad xD

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

Everybody knows molesting a child is bad, everybody knows that in almost all cases dating a minor or having a large age-gap at younger ages can be problematic. As long as you know this, I don't see the problem with these kind of stories*, they're just wishful thinking - it's exactly because they can't work in real life that people who enjoys them like the whole idea : also, hentai or violent stories aside, those kind of stories tend to be filled with diabetes inducing sweetness.

It's complicated because you have to consider not just the effect on say adults who read it but also on children who get exposed to the more "acceptable" stuff on TV and such. And the thing is there are people who wanna make excuses for pedophilia and make it more acceptable. Those people exist.

Whenever this stuff comes up people try to use what they perceive as conventional wisdom, which is really just another way of saying something is your own biases and what you take for granted.

The existence of loli manga and loli fanservice may not turn someone into a pedophile, but it could say dull their reactions to how and in what contexts its presented and how it might affect others. An example of this would be people arguing there's nothing wrong with sexualizing child characters in an anime for children. Could the prevalence of loli fanservice and loli anime fed that perspective? It could have, but we don't know for sure. Just like we don't know for sure what negative affects loli fanservice in children's anime might affect them.

It's complicated and ultimately with the law you have to draw an arbitrary line of where you think the risk of allowing certain speech outweighs the risks of restricting it in a particular way.

A thing people also have to understand is that media doesn't always affect us in the ways its designed to, and it doesn't always affect us as much as we expect it too.

Fight Club is a condemnation of Durden's philosophy. He's the villain. At the end of the day, tho, a lot of people leave that film liking his ideas or thinking he's badass. That wasn't the intent but it ends up being the takeaway for a lot of people.

Nothing is straightforward.

I say this as someone who thinks obscenity laws are often a dangerous tool for government to have. I say this as someone who thinks loli porn manga and such shouldn't be illegal, but that its distribution should be regulated.

At the end of the day, there's a lot we don't know and a lot we don't have studies for, and no amount of "It's definitely bad" or "It's only bad for people who are already dangerous" is gonna change that.

There can be value in even the "bad stuff" too. Victims of abuse who use porn of that abuse as an outlet or a coping tool. I don't want drawn loli porn to be completely illegal because there are people who project themselves onto the lolis in that stuff and it helps them deal with the struggle of living day to day.

Some abusers use loli porn to groom their victims. Some use normal porn to groom their victims. Is loli porn more successful at grooming victims? As far as I know we have no evidence one way or the other. Do we ban because it might be? Do we not ban because we aren't sure? Everything is gonna be about weighing pros and cons and different people are gonna weigh that stuff differently.

tldr: Nobody knows as much about this stuff as they'd like to think they do, as so rather than using their assumptions one way or the other to argue your point, accept that maybe this won't be solved on a yuri manga message board and focus your time and energy more productively.

Like on how adorable Mimika is or how many good gay anime there are this season.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

What will happen if they finally go too far for people's comfort? I can't wait to find out.

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 4:23AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.