Forum › Posts by Yuri Queen

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

Oh, yeah, cause you are such a fucking genius arent you, Nez? Head so far up your own ass that you cant stand the sight of an opposing opinion.

But, no, keep calling the confirmed bisexual girl a lesbian.

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 11:42AM

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

By bringing up violence you blew the Nez whistle. Nice job there, bet youre glad being allowed not to get a proper reply.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

But that's not what sexuality is. Sexuality is the desire for sexual (and generally by extension also romantic) intimacy with someone, not willingness to have or settle for such.

I have absolutely zero desire for men, whether it be dating or sleeping with them, however I am not fundamentally disgusted by the mere thought of being with a man if it was for reasons that mattered to me, such as if I was weak to the pressure of social norms, or concerned about appearances. Am I "bisexual" as well, I wonder?

What bizarro world do you live in? Thats exactly what sexuality is.

Synonyms for "willingly": cheerfully, happily, gladly, with pleasure.

If you willingly sleep with men and women then you are bisexual. Doesnt mean you would sleep with every single man or woman, but you are happy to sleep with people of both genders with no problem. Thats bisexuality.

If you are being peer pressured into it then you are not doing it willingly. MC here isnt being pressured, she tells the audience she can get a boyfriend or girlfriend if she wanted to.

So, again, why are you so concerned in hiding her bisexuality? And Im still wondering why you posted a picture of another bisexual woman. Do you think Asami is a lesbian who was just confused or peer pressured, too?

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 10:30AM

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

GOLD STAR LESBIANS ARE THE ONLY REAL LESBIANS.

Amiright?

Of course, and bisluts have no place in our ever pure yuri utopia! Even if they are attracted to men they are just confused or being manipulated. They are either lesbians or straight, nothing in between despite their own feelings and desires.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

No, leaps in logic at all. Dates boys==straight. Dates girls==lesbian. Dates boys and girls==bisexual.

That's oversimplifying things. Some bisexuals can marry someone of the same sex without ever going on a date with the opposite sex, and likewise some people can date those from the opposite sex and even have sex and/or children only to later realise that they're gay. Basically bisexuality is something you identify yourself as, not a label for the 99.9% between 100% straight and 100% gay that they can neither be if they so much at glance at more than one gender.

Nah, youre just over complicating it. If you are choosing of your own free will to have sex with people of both genders then you are bisexual. If you dated, had sex, married and had a life with someone of the opposite gender you dont magically become 100% gay just because you start a relationship with the same gender after. It is a label for people happily willing to have sex with both genders.

And again, MC literally tells the audience that she can get a boyfriend or girlfriend. She isnt hiding anything, she isnt in denial or under social pressure to force herself to date men. She willingly did it and planned to do it again.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

I'm pretty sure you're making some impressive leaps in your logic, but you're not really hurting anyone, so I suppose that's fine.

No, leaps in logic at all. Dates boys==straight. Dates girls==lesbian. Dates boys and girls==bisexual. MC says in chapter 2 that she can get a boyfriend or girlfriend. She isnt hiding her bisexuality, why do you feel the need to do it for her?

Its pretty simple, dont know why you feel like over complicating it. Why so against MC being bisexual?

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 7:44AM

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

2 chapters out of 7 volumes
Are you seriously arguing about something you haven't read
Someone who's read 7 volumes just made a statement, and you're going to argue that, without knowing anything of the circumstances and reasoning of the character? Are you absolutely fuckin serious

So she didnt date a dude and was going to happily marry him if he didnt dump her? She is open to herself about dating guys and girls. How is she not bisexual?

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

Uh, are you saying Im right?

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

I'd say it's a manga about an adult woman who happens to be lesbian

*Bisexual, different ball game.

Well it's reassuring that you know more about the manga than I do, I suppose.

She literally talks about getting a boyfriend or girlfriend in chapter 2. She isnt in the deep lesbian closet.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

I'd say it's a manga about an adult woman who happens to be lesbian

*Bisexual, different ball game.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

Polioro posted:

Well, I have to say that the accent was hard at first, but how I'm an accent lover myself, I'll be glad if who just translated this make like a glossary, things like "oo need to be read like ou, aboot = about" and something like that. I have to say that I don't actually listening scottish accent ever, or at least I didn't recognize it.

Here. That is a excellent and productive idea. They could include a glossary at the end explaining all "unfamiliar" words used in chapter or something like that, so whenever someone would be confused they can just go there and check or have it opened in different tab.

OR just use a less jarring accent, there are literally dozens of them.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

The accent was annoying to read, stopped trying and skimmed the rest. Did I miss the dialogue that explains where the yuri is at?

Saw some spoilers. absolutely no yuri for a long time. Wake me up in a few volumes.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 3:09PM

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 19 Jun 13:21
joined Feb 21, 2018

But it is true. Ever since she was a child he put pressure on her, telling her how much her father sucks and how he wants her to take over the academy and keep the "family tradition" (which is no tradition since he is the first one owning the school).

It isnt true. He didnt put pressure on her when she chose to stay behind when Shou decided to leave. Gramps didnt even raise her. Mei still lived in her dads house by herself. We have never heard of gramps opinion on Shou.

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 19 Jun 11:43
joined Feb 21, 2018

Mei did not chose another path. it got forced onto her by her heartless grandfather.

Cant believe people still honestly believe this. I guess you have to if you want to keep thinking that Mei is a good person.

Yuri Queen
Anime season 19 Jun 07:37
joined Feb 21, 2018

Girlfriends anime? too old school and outdated. imo

Compared to what? There has definitely not been any yuri anime close to its well told and concise story.

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 18 Jun 09:47
joined Feb 21, 2018

Honestly, their marriage is more of a benevolent scam than anything else. The point was for Ume to take care of Mei, I guess if Mei and Yuzu ends up together, they don't have any more reason to be together at all. Unless they end up fancying each other, which would be cool for both of them!

Not sure how this could happen since Shou is never around.

I wonder though, how that would work : it's not like they can control their children's behaviour, I'm curious as to why it would render their marriage invalid or threaten it?

Ever seen Transit girls? Much better coming out scene. The build up between the two step sisters isnt comparable to Citrus, and thats saying a lot, but what I found most interesting was when they had to spill the beans to their parents about their relationship. It definitely strained their own relationship because the parents blamed themselves for allowing it to happen. They split up but get back together after accepting their daughters' relationship. Its an okay drama but the coming out part set the bar for me when it came to a realistic but sweet ending to these type of situations.

And she's diligent, serious

Arent these the part of Mei that Yuzu dislikes? Being diligent and serious is why Yuzu isnt allowed to dress or act how she wants at school and is exactly what is causing the very problem they are currently dealing with.

last edited at Jun 18, 2018 9:56AM

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 17 Jun 20:57
joined Feb 21, 2018

Yeah, Im done. This is it. After so many years of drama it turns out it was all for nothing. Final nail in the coffin for me.

Better late than never!

Yeah, I thought I should just suffer through it just to see the ending of one of first yuri series I ever read. But this chapter finally convinced me that it just isnt worth it. There is no way this series can come to a satisfying conclusion and from this chapter it makes it look like Saburouta doesnt even care. I like to thank all the other series I dropped teaching me that sunk cost fallacy can be applied to manga even and I need to learn to not fall for that trap.

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 17 Jun 20:10
joined Feb 21, 2018

Yeah, Im done. This is it. After so many years of drama it turns out it was all for nothing. Final nail in the coffin for me.

Yuri Queen
Anime season 17 Jun 03:30
joined Feb 21, 2018

The americanised subs you mean.

I'm surprised no one else has subbed it yet.

Not sure if you are being serious. The only thing "americanised" is the background dialogue from the boys.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 3:31AM

Yuri Queen
Anime season 16 Jun 13:33
joined Feb 21, 2018

Apparently, the BD already has English subs. They don't seem to be included in any of the rips so far, though.

Fan subs went up yesterday.

Yuri Queen
Anime season 15 Jun 23:58
joined Feb 21, 2018

Has anyone seen Kase-san OVA released yesterday? The art quality was so good it gave me eyegasm.

I think most of us are waiting to see official English subs.

The chances of it getting digitally licensed is pretty damn thin.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Does this mean Sono Hana will be allowed back on?

Yuri Queen
Yuru Yuri discussion 31 May 23:23
joined Feb 21, 2018

That was full rapid fire of all the main ships, even KyoukoxAkari. You dont see that one teased all that often.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

Yes really. I'm sorry you were too pathetic to stand up for yourself or at the least make some friends to help you out when things get rough, but that doesn't mean everyone else is a pathetic loser who can't learn from the experience. "systemized bullying"? Lol wtf is that. You hardly see bullying in the adult world, it's a teenage phase because emotions are high. All emotions, and by being a pathetic turd who doesn't try to stop it you become an easy target for people with high emotions. "everything she did to them they did to her" really now? Cause I don't see her missing an eye, I don't see those girls blackmailing her with photos or her with sores in her mouth. All we say was light bullying and pranks. And society didn't fail you, you failed yourself. Stop looking for hand outs and stand up you pussy!

How do I report worthless trash?

If violence doesnt solve violence then ask the Axis how it is doing after WW2. Oh wait....

last edited at May 28, 2018 9:18AM

Yuri Queen
Liberty discussion 22 May 12:54
joined Feb 21, 2018

Welp, Liz is a horrible bitch and Honjo is a moron. Showed so much promise at the beginning but decided to blow it all away with melodrama.

last edited at May 22, 2018 2:10PM