Forum › Posts by jtt

joined Jan 4, 2014
G_r_s__-1761851837592850760-img1

When you suddenly feel way too characterised by a cartoon...

joined Jan 4, 2014
112252459_p0

Given the overall image series, and the expression of the maid here, would assume that they are, alas, from the lady's arranged suitor. She is forced into a corresponding marriage, until she and the maid work together to forever rid themselves from him...

joined Jan 4, 2014

Somehow can't help but be reminded of many of the Marisa x Alice stories. While many of them are really quite beautiful, some of the best still tear your heart out, as the difference in aging leads to a very melancholy end...

joined Jan 4, 2014

I got mine in the mail today. The publisher must love her because they got every detail right. It's a larger format, printing under the dustjacket, several color pages (I'm not going to spoil the hair and eye colors), and of course the green throughout. Textured cover and matte pages even for the color pages, but the ink took really well. Very good value for the price.

I didn't immediately notice any large corrections or changes to the art so I assume whatever cleaning up she did was cosmetic. It ends with a new story called Rhythm B which is 13 pages of new content that answered several of my ongoing questions so to me is necessary to the story and not mere bonus fluff.

Mine arrived today as well, albeit a day late due to Amazon forgetting one of the import documents. Luckily easily rectified via a simple email. Book looks great indeed, both in terms of the colours and the general print quality. Also some of the clearest and easiest to read text I've seen in a while; might even try brushing up on my very rusty Japanese reading skills for it. Hair and eye colours are a surprisingly close match to what I had in mind, so took me a moment to realise that we actually hadn't seen them before.

joined Jan 4, 2014

It's getting a printed version?! God I need it.

The author announced it quite some time ago. It comes out in April. I think pre-order is still available (??)
https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1624255175442702336?s=46&t=qEXVfdFie6PJhZ6ydyGRow

Can confirm that pre-order is still available. Just ordered my copy from amazon.co.jp with an estimated delivery date between the 22nd and 24th of April. Was the first entry after putting "Arai Sumiko" into the search box (did have the site switched to EN though).

joined Jan 4, 2014

The things you notice when re-reading a series. Like Miko being a fox foreshadowed in chapter 6. :D Always love it when an author manages to work in details like this that at first just seem like your usual clever bits to illustrate the situation, but in hindsight are the actual truth of the matter.

If you go back one page in that chapter and have a look at Miko's phone case...

joined Jan 4, 2014

Okay, the look followed by "Takoyaki" got me... Could not help but exclaim a slightly indignant, albeit very much amused, "Medi!".

joined Jan 4, 2014

It doesn't preclude a "good friendship" ending, while hinting at a couple ending.

Would say it's a pretty strong "hint". Shopping with female friends -> we all carry our own bags; shopping with girlfriend -> likely me carrying all of them. So from that aspect alone, would very much see it as a couple ending.

joined Jan 4, 2014

what the fuck dude

e: use spoiler tags don't just write it

sorry mate, i'm still trying to figure out how to use tag here -_-

1. Welcome to the forum.

2. You may want to read the sticky post called https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17927-forum-rules-v2-userscripts-forum-post-formatting -- not just for the formatting, but also because of posting rules

3. Please go back and edit your post, you do this by adding two equal signs ( == ) to the left and right of the spoiler text

joined Jan 4, 2014

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō, aka Yokohama Shopping Log, is a beautiful introspective iyashikei series that I've been trying to get uploaded here on Dynasty for years. Romance is not the primary focus of the story, but it does feature an atypical yuri relationship and is well worth a look if you enjoyed Qualia the Purple. To this day it remains one of my all-time favorite manga even after reading hundreds of different series.

YKK is wonderful. There is something incredibly calm about it, but in no way boring.

Think it used to be up here (hence the pairing tag etc.), but has been gone for a while. Really happy to see that it has been licensed though, as it is much too good to just be forgotten.

joined Jan 4, 2014

It seems Hinako may not be normal pureblooded human after all.

Based on the end of this chapter, she certainly was at least until the accident, though. And now we're about to find out what (was) changed after that...

Although depending on what it is, she may no longer be as tasty once she recovers, which may solve the problem of Shiori eating her in the end. We'll see.

Honestly beginning to think that Hinako becoming non-monster attracting again may be Shiori's whole aim... Could it be that she is simply using the possessive "oh yes, I'll eat you as soon as you are happy enough, but no one else can"-shtick because it was the easiest way to get Hinako to go along vs having her actively seek out getting chomped?

joined Jan 4, 2014

[77] My wrist hurts, but I got it out. Love these girls way too much. Ahhh!! So excited for this arc.

a.) Thank you ever so much for picking this up, really missed it

b.) Know I probably shouldn't, but just to note that your comment could also be interpreted in such a way that the question "but it's not that kind of series?" would have to be raised...

jtt
Shihen discussion 21 Jul 11:45
joined Jan 4, 2014

Wow- what a great long nicomaki :)

I'd of liked to see a kiss at the end but its only a minor complaint.

p.s

Does this doujin need an Eli x Nozomi tag too? They at least live together- its kinda hard to say for sure if they are a couple, but after 10 years has passed, would they really be living together otherwise?

They are super friends

Don't you mean ... they were roommates?

jtt
Image Comments 16 Jul 21:48
joined Jan 4, 2014
E6tlhmvwqacdpbi-orig

Love the image, just like pretty much all other Owl House pictures we've had so far. Regarding the season 3 thing: the part that annoys me the most is that we now still need to throw money at Disney, lest we prove their “LGBTQ+ stuff doesn’t sell!” prejudice right. Buying the series as soon as it is available outside of Disney+, if only to prove that people actually WANT this content. Stupid conservative nincompoops...

joined Jan 4, 2014

That plaintive whisper on the second to last page is just heartrending... I really hope Asahi realises her own feelings soon.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Guessing Miko is the one that killed her family to be honest...

joined Jan 4, 2014

Tho I do feel we got "ex machina'd" I think? It just feels all of a sudden that the mom had this knowledge but about time she stood up for herself.

I'll second that. It does seem to come out of nowhere, especially with the arc focusing so much on Mogu's sister and father, so there wasn't much insight into the mom's history before now. So it feels very abrupt.

But heck yeah, so glad she finally gave the dad what for. And supportive parents that recognize their mistakes are something this world needs more of.

Hm. Actually felt it to be somewhat realistic. It was clear that she was suffering massively under the whole situation that led to Mogu leaving. So it stands to reason that seeing someone who is in any sort of similar setting would trigger her to seek out more information; to try to at least understand the situation that caused her to fall into depression. Her not telling the father prior to this is also not too surprising, as she would have had to try to get through to him all on her own and against his inherent fear and hostility.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Not really been following this till now- can I assume whether someone is suitable or wants to be either a lead or a follower is tied to if they are a dominante or submissive kind of person?

Based on my own somewhat limited experience, but also from the statements of some of my friends who dance competitively, it's not quite that simple. At a certain level both partners will know how to dance either role. In traditional m-f pairings, it is expected that the man leads, but at a competition the two will subtly pass it back and forth in order to preserve energy. Leading is physically more taxing, and while a good pairing is way more efficient, it can still make sense to share the load a bit. Has to be done carefully though, as judges may strike off marks if it is obvious that the woman is leading. Generally also fun to pass back and forth if one of the two is significantly better -- had that with a friend of mine, where I was leading in our f-f pairing, but when we were getting boxed in, she just said "hold on for a moment", and we were suddenly on the other half of the dancefloor.

TL/DR: not that simple. You can have dominant followers etc.

jtt
SHY discussion 29 Nov 14:29
joined Jan 4, 2014

Not unexpected, but like the execution. Dark and light, yin and yang, the two sides of the Taijitu. Heck, even the clothing was a bit of a giveaway. Will be interesting to see how Shy copes.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Why is there het it my yuri

I assume because it meets upload rule 2: "You may suggest het if the story is good or the comedy is good."?

I received permission to upload this. I understand it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but hopefully some people here will appreciate it.

Yup. Given the other uploads from Secret Society Blanket am more than happy to give this the benefit of the doubt.

There's been some really good uploads here that happened to be het. While I joined for the yuri, good stories are good stories, and always nice to see those as well.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Hm. Really hoping for a second part now. The cover image does seem to suggest a continuation...

joined Jan 4, 2014

Why the time skip? Because people can't stand all these yuri endings where they're together in high school and you have no idea if they stay together. We've come a long way, fam

Thinking back to some of the older stuff, many of the popular stories ended with a time skip to show that all the angst nevertheless paid off. Even Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends has a bit of that, but the story that really stuck with me was Yohuko Suzuki's Candy (https://dynasty-scans.com/series/candy).

Actually feel this gives a more satisfying happy end, rather than the cliche high school setup. In particular as Japan still very much follows the "you can play date while you're in high school, but as an adult you will marry 'properly'"-formula.

jtt
Ayakashiko discussion 02 Sep 14:24
joined Jan 4, 2014

Honestly like the ending, would even go so far to say it makes sense and is not too badly rushed (well, a bit, but still). Maharo’s mother just returned a few chapters ago, essentially turning her life upside down, and pulling her back into the time before she was “allowed” to see and play with spirits. Her phasing between the worlds was necessary for her to have that permission formally granted again. After that she needed time to adjust to now properly living in both worlds – the world of her grandmother and the world of her mother. Once she realised the joy that existing in both gave her, she finally re-found her ability and reunited with all of her friends.

Then again, I might just be massively overinterpreting it to compensate for the shock of it having ended.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Really don't think this is yuri and it's not even tagged as yuri on comicwalker. Hope that changes, but honestly I doubt anything will go beyond than the hinted secret obsession they had for each other as seiyuus before they met. Aside from that it's a pretty refreshing concept. Strongly reminds me of Oshi ga Budokan which was another great read/ watch.

Heck, Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru is also firmly stuck in subtext territory, but still makes for a great read. Really enjoying the dynamic between our two protagonists here. As many have already said, that fist bump at the end is just so gratifying.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Strikes me as a much more cliché version of Prunus Girl. While I still regularly reread the latter, think once is enough for me on this one.