Forum › Posts by sleekie

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I actually thought Michi and Randa were living in an abandoned asylum what with all those square plates on the walls and floor. I guess that's just what shitty apartments look like in japan?

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Fairy Baiser is exactly the same as normal Utena, with the same motivation.

Edit: I've just noticed, what's that crescent moon on page 4? It looks like the Project Moon logo.

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 2:01PM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I feel like page 3 was a missed opportunity for an imaginary tanned gyaru Nemo.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

"Can Azul come out to play?"

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Fingers crossed for a sequel where the vampire pretends to be asleep since she probably would have guessed revenge was coming her way.

"I can tell you're not dreaming, idiot."

sleekie
Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Okay, I'll bite. What's 'misogynistic lookism'?

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Pretty sure she did it deliberately given her fake bafflement over the missing transformation items.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

We're only getting half the story here. This doesn't explain Lord's feelings.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It's not really a problem because Mom has enough authority to make it not a problem. Whether or not you want to be mad about the broader implications is up to you. I wouldn't want to ruin your fun.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

A lifetime of shit-tests to look forward to.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Just reading the tags before I clicked the comic I could tell the demon was gonna be the dark skin character :/ I'm so damn tired of these stories this shit is getting predictable; the dark skin tag is rarely used and when it does is for bullshit like this. I've said it before but I hope for the day we get stories with ACTUAL Black characters on here and not some overly tanned overtly sexualized character that isn't some demon or some other nonsense like that, but alas one can only hope.

Draw it yourself instead of expecting to be catered to.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Let Me Hear You Moan, Dynasty Forum.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Re-reading ch.43, I've just noticed Pantano Pesca is quite a lot like Baiser:doesn't give a crap about her organisation's goals, just wants to use her powers to lewd up magical girls :D

Well, Berserga is a lot like Kiwi and her obsessive love for her leader. I could go off on a wild parallel-world theory but I think it's just...what do you call it when characters are like an existing character but unhealthier?

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I think the "but we're both girls" trope is a lot more realistic than pretending being gay is the default in the story. Like the person above me said a girl might be worried about losing her friend and she doesn't even bother to think if said friend is into girls without having asked. At some point I just can't even suspend my disbelief. And then all the side characters turn out to be gay too?
Sure, it's a bit tiring to have to go through that denial phase in every story but given the high school setting I think that's the normal thing to go through. I went through it and a lot of people living in more homophobic environments did as well...

For me, and I think a lot of people, we already had enough of the homophobia experience IRL. I really don't care if it's realistic, I have absolutely zero, zilch, nada interest in reading about it in fiction. I certainly don't feel like it breaks suspension of disbelief in any way; the key to suspension is internal consistency. As long as a story is internally consistent, there's nothing to disbelieve; stories don't have to take place in our homophobic timeline. In the same way there are fantasy worlds with magic -- including ones with contemporary settings -- there are 'fantasy' worlds where being gay is normal, and to me that's just lovely.

That's not to say that it's a bad thing to write stories that are true to our own timeline, as I'm sure a great many people also appreciate having stories to relate to their experiences of discrimination, but just as many people read fiction for escapism from the more unpleasant aspects of our reality and it's perfectly valid to write that kind of story.

Yeah, but where's your avatar picture from?

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I'm just going to point out that it said 'End' at the end of the first volume too, before anyone gets disappointed.

inb4 it's actually finished.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It was cute so it's fine.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I misread Youmu's recollection of Doremy's ability as "Her ability is eating doughnut creams."

sleekie
Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

User name does not check out.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Each day I feel like Japan understands less and less what a cold actually is.

Colds are that thing you get when a drop of water hits you that almost kills you right?

I thought it was that thing where your stomach is uncovered for more than 5 minutes?

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Cosplay is an acceptable substitute for communication.

sleekie
Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

These two have offended the heavens.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Chapter 48, p.45, second panel, is kind of implying implications about keeping that flask warm.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Shion's cape looks like Lord's cape.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Well, apparently this is a thing

Nice and sexist, I see.

There was nothing stopping women from inventing penises that grass on their owners.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

oh hmm yeah that hag fish mouth is certainly "sexy"

Level 0 lol.