Forum › Romance Code discussion

joined Mar 15, 2022

Jesus

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Nmi does it again.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I've enjoyed other works by this creator, but I wish I could delete this one from my brain. It's so fucked up and disturbing, definitely not for me.

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

Holy fucking shit LMFAO

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

Honestly I just find the plot fundamentally unbelievable. You're telling me someone who can whip up an intelligent, human-passing synthetic with full sapience couldn't get funding from corps? Techbro investors would be dumping money on her faster than you can say "cheap labor." And that's not even getting into the idea that someone smart enough to make a sapient robot would go "oh you're just a robot, let me edit your mind now that you're obsolete."

Just incredibly contrived for the sake of the "disturbing" ending.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Honestly I just find the plot fundamentally unbelievable. You're telling me someone who can whip up an intelligent, human-passing synthetic with full sapience couldn't get funding from corps? Techbro investors would be dumping money on her faster than you can say "cheap labor." And that's not even getting into the idea that someone smart enough to make a sapient robot would go "oh you're just a robot, let me edit your mind now that you're obsolete."

I agree, a lot of disturbing media such as this feels forced. It's clumsy in how it handles the characters and it's awkward jump to the conclusion, a jump that defies any sense of logic.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Kei sure is selfish

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

The sudden twist made the believed -to-be happy ending to be cynical and dark.
Should we suggest a horror tag for this one shot?

I wonder how it feels like to be stabbed at the heart?
Does it hurt so much or does it hurt too much that one will pass out without feeling any pains?

last edited at Jul 27, 2024 2:34AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Honestly you kind of have to have a thick skin, when it comes to things like, plot holes, continuity errors, and flawed and sometimes inexplicable character development, in modern popular media.
My friends and I constantly bicker about movies, because I've disregarded obvious flaws, that ruined the experience for them.
For example, I too thuoght it was B.S. that someone that skilled, in robotics wouldn't be able write her own ticket, but then I shrugged and thought well whatever.
I also thought if Kei-san thought that Marie was just a robot running a program, to simulate love, why did she even bother with her little "breakup speech". She could have shut Marie down for maintenance and removed the "love code" with no fuss or muss.

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Boo thats cheating boooooo lmao

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Yeah gonna need a few tags here. This is totally not what I expected at all lol

Kinda not a fan. Feels contrived for the shock and drama value. Not even just the "oh no I can't get a job because no one likes that I can MAKE SENTIENT ROBOTS", but also the "this relationship meant nothing to me, it's easy to drop it" thing. I dunno maybe some people would be like that. Maybe I put too much stock in inanimate objects.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

meh

joined Aug 22, 2023

I love robot yuri but this one broke my heart, I'm just happy the robot didn't die atleast

Fbeff6ae5beor
joined Sep 22, 2018

Done in by her own creation like a true mad scientist.

joined May 3, 2014

done by the author for stupid shock factor at the end, if the author actually had skills to write we will had got a better story but this is just UGH

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

What goes around comes around. It's definitely not a happy ending, but considering the premise of making someone physically coded to love only a single person and then discarding her (as a lover and human), I think it's actually the second happiest ending that could have been for the both of them.

The happiest would of course to free Marie to like someone else. But... Kei just wanted to kill her instead ? Yeah, no way. I do dislike stories centered around forced love, but not as much as those that involve killing your lover. And the fact that Kei brought this upon herself makes it quite more tolerable that I would have expected, actually.

last edited at Jul 27, 2024 3:19AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Should have implemented Asimov's 3 laws of robotics.

Genshin.impact.600.3396601
joined Jul 20, 2016

done by the author for stupid shock factor at the end, if the author actually had skills to write we will had got a better story but this is just UGH

Chill yourself out dude, my gosh, you people always have to try and ruin everything for everyone

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Happy end. The whole thing with the funding issues was dumb, but the actual ending went about the only place it actually could

D40f4d2~01-min
joined Jul 22, 2023

"Cheating and divorce are destroying love! Thank goodness I have my categorical imperative artificial love for my master-creator-owner she put into my brains herself, that's where the true thing's at."

Thank you for the wise words, Marie!

last edited at Jul 27, 2024 4:33AM

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

I wonder how it feels like to be stabbed at the heart?
Does it hurt so much or does it hurt too much that one will pass out without feeling any pains?

You’d almost say. It feels like getting told “I have someone else now” after being created to unconditionally love that person and being lied to for weeks.

You reap what you sow I guess.

last edited at Jul 27, 2024 4:35AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Kei wasn't good at robot programing in the end. Many such cases.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

These are two conscious people, so to me this is Cheating and something like revenge horror.

Partly because of the well-worn science fiction and folklore magic, I don't think this is very contrived compared to needlessly edgy mental corruption yuri. None of the implications were squandered in a tragic reversal of the machine protagonist's own objectification and narrow world. Romantic betrayal and a broken pact with an inhuman sort of spirit mesh well together. Neither person is suffering, both are dehumanized, pathetic, and squandered potential.

I really liked this layered cautionary tale.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I expected an ending like this. Did she really think Marie would be ok with not loving her anymore? If you give a robot that much sentience, insulting them and throwing them away like an old bicycle is probably not the smartest move. Like Bielna said, the reasonable thing to do would be to free Marie and give her a choice at least.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I liked it :P There is no true love indeed, this is the closest you can get.

To reply you must either login or sign up.