Forum › Posts by HelioA

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Really cute. I was half expecting the plan to crash and burn, but I probably shouldn't have been. I'm glad for Kasumi, though.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I've been going through the old /u/ reclist, and there's a lot of aggressively mediocre stuff on there, but this is absolutely excellent. I love how well defined Hotei's viewpoint is. I see a lot of talk about how ambiguous the love is here, and like yes, kind of, they explicitly say that's what they were going for in the extras, but Ebisu compares Hotei to her old boyfriends that her sister stole away. I can't say I wouldn't have liked to see a kiss, though...

HelioA
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

This is some of the worst pacing I've seen in my life. None of these characters are fully developed, they're just a bunch of cardboard cutouts. And the reveal flattens out any kind of complex feeling we might have derived from You and Akane into sisterly love. If this went the incest route, I might have respected it even if I wouldn't enjoy it, but there is not a single interesting thing going on here. I expect my fluff to be more interesting than this, let alone something selling itself as a classroom death game drama.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Overall I think the manga is somewhat mediocre, but the pairing is so so fantastic. They're so cute with each other. Unfortunately, my opinion is that you need dynamic side characters for a truly fantastic yuri manga, and what we have here is a bunch of cardboard cutouts. And I kind of wish there was a kiss scene, but I can't hold points for that, of course.

HelioA
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Oh, this is so lovely… not so much on an artistic level, but I’m such a sucker for this kind of real life love story. High school is such a wild time.

And I’m so happy to hear that they’re still together. Love is real. Although it’s funny to think that they’re still only somewhere in their mid 30s if the story happened in 2007. There’s so much time out there.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Absolutely amazing, Morishima at her peak. I came here from Honey & Mustard, and I love that couple, but I like Himeno and Shiraha even more. And the general office dynamic is so great.

HelioA
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Short but sweet. Go chase down chapter 1, it's well worth it.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

This is really cute, and the humor lands well.

HelioA
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

This is adorable. And a really fun premise.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Who amongst us hasn't accidentally slept with our crush's crush?

Very nice two-shot, although it's a bit disappointing to see it end at the confession.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Oh, this is so sweet. A bit dramatic to stage your confession for right before graduation though lol

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I enjoyed the chapter, but the height difference on that last page looks comical.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

What dialect do you think they should've used, then? Considering Nanami's dialect in the original, it makes perfect sense to render her dialogue in some similarly divergent dialect.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I read that last part as "That decision really was a mistake... our relationship can't go on like this. But..." and then the last page with Fuu-chan looking at her (or her desire for her) is why she thinks it has to go on regardless. It certainly seems like there's a romantic implication in that.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

This is the kind of tragedy where I feel an immense amount of sympathy for everyone involved, and yes, that includes Eri. I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult family pressure can be to resist, even when it's just a passive attitude, let alone if there's an active campaign by the family to keep you on track.

Thankfully, arranged marriages aren't the norm in the West anymore, and they don't seem to be especially common in Japan either. But what Eri did here was still very understandable.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Another pair of useless lesbians

Yeaah... no.
Mc is useless lesbian fo' sure.
Watai? Zero hints that she has a thing for girls. Doesn't seem to be gay for mc either.

The one look we get of the inside of Watai's head is "That's kind of adorable," and she's blushing through the whole 'confession.' The story isn't exactly shouting out that she's gay, but there's definitely more than 'zero hints.'

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Oh I’ve been so excited to see this posted. Insanely funny bit. (I’m a scanlator now, ma!)

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I'm sorry that last page has me rolling on the floor. Obviously it's meant to be dramatic, but the imagery is so straightforward that it's transformed into being funny.

Still, excellent chapter. The first chapter hooked me, I've been looking forward to this all month and it delivered.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

That brings up the question of who do the moon rabbits actually fight? There was a rebellion of some sort led by Yukari, but other than that?

My understanding is that there was an implication that there was an actual Lunar War from the Apollo Program, until it was semi-retconned in Bougetsushou that the Program only reached the mundane moon, not the actual Lunar Capital. So as far as I'm concerned, the Watatsukis think that their bunnies look cute in suits, and decided to make them soldiers so she had an excuse to dress them up.

HelioA
Wanna Sip? discussion 28 Dec 17:26
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I can just see the 50 chapter serial that's going to come when our MC is asked "Wanna date?"

HelioA
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Oh wow we're starting off strong, aren't we? I may just be seeing things, but I'm like... 95% sure that Kon is supposed to be autistic and masking hard. That's what "I need to do whatever it takes to lead the life of 'someone normal'" indicates to me, as well as the general trouble with social cues that pops up in a few different places this chapter.

Either way, super super looking forward to this. I still haven't gotten around to Brides of Iberis yet unfortunately, but Octave is up there as an all time fave for me. I live for Akiyama Haru's brand of drama.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I must have come back to read this one like four times already. Easily one of the best one-shots on the site. It perfectly tells the story it wants to tell, and everyone else has commented on it already, but "rainbow ending" is very funny here.

HelioA
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

It’s kinda funny that by most standards this is a somewhat dramatic one-shot, but by the standards of this mangaka this is pure fluff.

HelioA
-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I almost wish they could find and catch the lady who scammed them, but really it ended in the perfect place. We don't need to see anything more than the miracle.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Oh this is great, I love how this started. I don’t really buy that it’s just Kazura whose attachment is ruining the suicide attempts. There’s so much about Kinka that we don’t know yet, and very importantly we don’t know why she wants to die yet. Very easy for her to blame things on Kazura, though- she does seem to be a bit of a doormat (for understandable reasons, but a doormat nonetheless).