1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

Older beans <3

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

the period-accurate hairstyles are taking me out lmao

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is just the cutest. Love the art, and the dialect, too. (I can see where it would be challenging to get the tone right.)

Great pacing, too:

“Don’t worry—my husband’s dead.”
[Half-smile]

That’s yuri gold right there.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Seeing Hanayo get all doki doki and excited as she gets closer to this new wonderful person in her life is just wholesome beyond words. The poor woman has never gotten anything close to that in her entire life. I want her to be happy so freaking bad >-<

joined Oct 15, 2019

This manga has such a vibe. Thanks for translating!

joined Aug 7, 2017

THiS story is so fucking important, just cause you marry someone doesnt get them the right to threat you like garbage, The husband was toxic has hell. People always forget that the start of a relationship or amarriaga its just the first step on their whole life, not the finishing line

Wha
joined May 28, 2013

This is beautiful.

Also, DRUMMER GRANNY BEST GRANNY

D5
joined Apr 10, 2024

By the way, what does the MC mean when she said
...The feelings those girls had, the ones that had to disappear, or they had to give up on, it doesn't feel like someone else's problems.. ?

MC and shop lady are basically speaking to each other in code.

SL: Here is a book you should read, which coincidentally (wink wink) is on the subject of GL. Allow me to call attention to a particular chapter, which reminds me of you (wink wink).

MC: I notice that this book that that you loaned to me is on the subject of girls having to give up on their true feelings (wink wink we're talking about girls who like girls but ended up in a heteronormative marriage that's what we're talking about here, right), which happens to be a subject relevant to my interests (wink wink).

Keeping the topic general and abstract but with oh so much subtext. That way there's no embarrassment if they're reading the room wrong, but they can say what they want to say if the other person knows how to parse it.

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

She's relating to the characters in the story. It doesn't feel like someone else's problem--it feels like hers.

I believe the flowers are supposed to be sweet peas.

Oh, I see.
Thank you for replying!

By the way, what does the MC mean when she said
...The feelings those girls had, the ones that had to disappear, or they had to give up on, it doesn't feel like someone else's problems.. ?

MC and shop lady are basically speaking to each other in code.

SL: Here is a book you should read, which coincidentally (wink wink) is on the subject of GL. Allow me to call attention to a particular chapter, which reminds me of you (wink wink).

MC: I notice that this book that that you loaned to me is on the subject of girls having to give up on their true feelings (wink wink we're talking about girls who like girls but ended up in a heteronormative marriage that's what we're talking about here, right), which happens to be a subject relevant to my interests (wink wink).

Keeping the topic general and abstract but with oh so much subtext. That way there's no embarrassment if they're reading the room wrong, but they can say what they want to say if the other person knows how to parse it.

Oh wow! Thank you so much for your translation.
Now it really makes more of a sense to me.
Thank you! Truly grateful, thank you!

last edited at Jul 22, 2024 4:47PM

butches-and-chicken
Butches%20yuri
joined Jun 12, 2023

What a beautiful chapter! :,)

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I like the precision of the mirroring between child and adult versions of Hana, it was a great visual metaphor and they didn't feel like they had to explain it in tone-killing detail

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Les parapluies de Cherbourg! Classic and super romantic :) A woman after my own heart.

"Mon amour je t'attendrai toute ma vie
Reste près de moi reviens je t'en supplie
J'ai besoin de toi je veux vivre pour toi
Oh mon amour ne me quitte pas"

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Such a sweet, quietly emotional chapter ^_^ Full of subtleties too, the author doesn't seem to feel it's necessary to hammer every point home, which is something I really appreciate in a more introspective story like this. Just seeing the character come alive and get all blushy is so much fun,it really goes to show you it's never too late to find your own little happy place in the world. Darn near 10 out of 10 in my book !

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I like the precision of the mirroring between child and adult versions of Hana, it was a great visual metaphor and they didn't feel like they had to explain it in tone-killing detail

Writer has some confidence, which is great.

PatchouliFleur
joined Apr 19, 2024

This whole manga is precious and I hope they can live their final years happily together.

joined Aug 1, 2022

I am so happy we get old neighbors treated as kind to each other and not judging. Women just being friends with other women.

Her husband really was such an ass.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

The imagery of digging past a lifetimes worth of things to please others to finally reconnect with what you yourself like was so poignant, I absolutely love it.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

How old is the mangaka? I'd like to know.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Even if it's only a memory haunting her mind, it's still nice to see her stand up to and even pretty much mock her husband now. So much more self-confidence. Her friends' reaction also did a good job of proving her husband wrong.

So cute, indeed. Like young girls on a date. Which isn't too far from the truth for her, finally being able to restart her life that got stuck in a place of conformity and subservience, "full of nothin'", as she put it.

last edited at Jul 24, 2024 3:16PM

joined Oct 22, 2020

I really love how our shopkeeper was trying to be very cool and smacked into the gates because her card didn't have the funds. Such a relatable date moment

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I really love how our shopkeeper was trying to be very cool and smacked into the gates because her card didn't have the funds. Such a relatable date moment

Those damn things enjoy the embarrassment they cause.

last edited at Jul 24, 2024 4:16PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is absolutely darling.

To reply you must either login or sign up.