Forum › Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream discussion

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Tsukushi couldn't find the words but still managed to make herself understood. I'd give it a 4/10, but given that she had her kiss, I don't think she cares about scores right now.

Yuu and Sara were extra cute in ch. 33.

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 3:45AM

joined May 26, 2017

You know, in the beginning I was also in the "Tsukushi is a useless lesbian" camp for not being able to confess (and missing all the obvious signs) but after today's chapters I thought about it and honestly, I can't even blame her THAT much.

Hinoka is absolutely gorgeous. She's like, the full package. Cute and adorable, pretty and sexy. It feels like it was inevitably leading to her making the first step and we should thank her Mom for the advice she gave her. She wasn't kidding when she suggested her to flaunt her sex appeal and be more on the offensive.

Now lets all pray Tsukishi survives.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Look we all knew Hinoka would be the one to initiate things. She prepared hard for this. No way she was leaving it to chance.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yup, let's be real, Hinoka has always been the driving force in this relationship.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Awwww, Hinoka just beat Tsukushi to it >w<

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

You know, in the beginning I was also in the "Tsukushi is a useless lesbian" camp for not being able to confess (and missing all the obvious signs) but after today's chapters I thought about it and honestly, I can't even blame her THAT much.

Hinoka is absolutely gorgeous. She's like, the full package. Cute and adorable, pretty and sexy. It feels like it was inevitably leading to her making the first step and we should thank her Mom for the advice she gave her. She wasn't kidding when she suggested her to flaunt her sex appeal and be more on the offensive.

Now lets all pray Tsukishi survives.

Yes, she's gorgeous!

And yes, thanks Hinoka's mom! Gotta love those offensive moment scene, waku waku!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Dawwww

joined May 9, 2017

Damn, people are pretty hard on Tsukushi. She only realized her feelings a while ago, organized the trip to confess, and tried to. She was stop before she could do it, but I'm pretty much sure she would have done it. If anything, Hinoka had the easy part as she was already quite aware of Tsukushi's feelings for her, and was just waiting while giving hints. She just gave the last little push in the end but I found Tsukushi's courage more impressive. Doing all of that, thinking you're going to be rejected must be really hard.

Regardless, I'm still happy the way it happened, and I can't wait to see their relationship evolve! I hope that the third volume won't be the last though. It's pretty popular, but Hijiki have been quite inconsistent with the release. Must be hard to publish two series at the same time.

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 7:54AM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

LETS GOOOOOO THIS IS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN A CONFESSION!!!! CAN'T BELIVE WE'VE COME THIS FAR, ALL THE WAY FROM 2022 TO NOW, WHAT A JOURNEY

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Damn, people are pretty hard on Tsukushi. She only realized her feelings a while ago, organized the trip to confess, and tried to. She was stop before she could do it, but I'm pretty much sure she would have done it. If anything, Hinoka had the easy part as she was already quite aware of Tsukushi's feelings for her, and was just waiting while giving hints. She just gave the last little push in the end but I found Tsukushi's courage more impressive. Doing all of that, thinking you're going to be rejected must be really hard.

Regardless, I'm still happy the way it happened, and I can't wait to see their relationship evolve! I hope that the third volume won't be the last though. It's pretty popular, but Hijiki have been quite inconsistent with the release. Must be hard to publish two series at the same time.

I know I'm being pessimistic here but it seems a lot of yuri manga these days seem to end soon after the confession, or worse, right after the confession. Obviously I always want to see the relationships fully explored but I'm not getting my hopes up.

joined May 9, 2017

I know I'm being pessimistic here but it seems a lot of yuri manga these days seem to end soon after the confession, or worse, right after the confession. Obviously I always want to see the relationships fully explored but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well, at least, there are still quite some chapters left for this volume, so we still have some time to see them all lovey-dovey :) I'm also pretty much sure we will have a double date with the other couple, this has been teased a few times already.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Tsukushi was able to at least physically get to a point where a kiss could take place, that's better than most romcom protags I know :P You go girls !

joined Mar 26, 2021

Tsukushi's gonna blow up after this, isn't she? She already was overloaded just thinking about saying the words, a kiss might just send her to the afterlife lol

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Tsukushi's gonna blow up after this, isn't she? She already was overloaded just thinking about saying the words, a kiss might just send her to the afterlife lol

I 100% think this is going to happen. She mentioned earlier she was getting sleepy, and we know she didn't sleep the night before this trip. I'm fully expecting her brain to overload from the kiss, she passes out, and when she wakes up she'll assume the kiss was a dream.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I 100% think this is going to happen. She mentioned earlier she was getting sleepy, and we know she didn't sleep the night before this trip. I'm fully expecting her brain to overload from the kiss, she passes out, and when she wakes up she'll assume the kiss was a dream.

Okay but consider: girlfriend lap pillow

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter made me re-read the whole series from the beginning. (I had entirely forgotten that early faux-confession scene on the park bench.) So many excellent touches, including the wonderful helpers: as others have mentioned, Hinoka’s all-star ally Mom, Sara and Yuu (who seem like a real couple in their own right, not just a plot device to help the MCs), and even Sara’s sister Rumi acting as wingwoman to the wingwomen.

The story also seems much less repetitive when read all at once rather in 5-page chunks—you can see more of the (incremental, to be sure) progress being made rather than just focusing on the sometimes frustrating chapter-ending blocks/cliffhangers.

And yes, props to the scanlators for posting these last 3 chapters all at once rather than having us wait over the course of several weeks to get this lovely payoff. Thanks, and well-played, folks.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

If that gets us back to square zero I'd let out a very audible exasperation sigh, lol

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

If that gets us back to square zero I'd let out a very audible exasperation sigh, lol

I feel like lips touching is progress though lol

And yes, props to the scanlators for posting these last 3 chapters all at once rather than having us wait over the course of several weeks to get this lovely payoff. Thanks, and well-played, folks.

Here here to the scanlators, for all your work up until now and for releasing these last few chapters as a group so we could avoid the suspense

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Damn, she beat her to it lol. You go girl

joined Feb 24, 2023

For real I’m not kidding when I say Hinoka is probably one of the down right prettiest love interests I’ve seen in a Yuri manga. Face, posture, hair the eyes, even I find myself taken aback by how stunning she’s drawn almost ever panel. I can’t exactly blame our heroine for being a complete mess and unable to get the words out but thankfully Hinoka just made it a non-issue

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Tsukushi and Hinoka are literally Me and the Bad Bitch I Pulled by Being Useless

Also I just noticed, this is a hypnagogic romcom? maybe Tsukushi will fall asleep after the kiss lol

joined May 26, 2017

For real I’m not kidding when I say Hinoka is probably one of the down right prettiest love interests I’ve seen in a Yuri manga. Face, posture, hair the eyes, even I find myself taken aback by how stunning she’s drawn almost ever panel. I can’t exactly blame our heroine for being a complete mess and unable to get the words out but thankfully Hinoka just made it a non-issue

I know right? I have read so many Yuri mangas in the past and my God every time she's on the page it's just virtual eye candy. Not saying Tsukishi isn't cute in her own right, but Hinoka is just absolutely stunning. I'd probably turn into an anxious blob similar to Bocchi from Bocchi the Rock if I had to confess to Hinoka.

Jumbo-yotsuba-4810
joined Mar 31, 2023

Here here to the scanlators, for all your work up until now and for releasing these last few chapters as a group so we could avoid the suspense

Couldn't agree more. Thank you, Team Sappho Scans!

joined Jul 8, 2019

WE HAVE CONTACT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! WE HAVE CONTACT!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Skipped a step there, Tsukushi. (⁠づ⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠づ

To reply you must either login or sign up.