Forum › Posts by Aikosaurus

joined May 9, 2017

That was nice, but I've never been a big fan when the touching is once sided. But it was nice nonetheless.

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017

Many people in this forum clearly doesn't understand Koto's suffering from that PTSD and we will see them come at her soon after reading the last chapter.

Yup, I don't get how people are not seeing that. Not that I think it justify anything, but her reactions makes senses with her trauma.

The hate she gets and the way people are dissecting her actions each chapter is a getting a bit old...

joined May 9, 2017

Shiho kinda sucks huh? I like her. She's a breath of fresh air. I liked her whole arc because she really causes a lot of problems for everyone by being immature and constantly standing in her own way. It makes her feel the most human of the cast. Pushing herself to gradually suck less as a person is a cool and relatable journey.

I do agree with you, but the main issue was the length of this narrative arc, not necessarily Shiho herself, at least for me. That and the reversal of Aki's feelings being a bit quick. Not that I don't like that development between the two of them, it's more a question of timing. I still so again the manga though.

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017
  1. Why would she let her go? She needs to resolve her trauma, not let her go. I don't think it would be for Aya's own good. I'm not saying the relationship will works out, but Aya being dumped right now would be devastating to her. Their relationship is not healthy because of Koto's trauma, but she is still providing for her, and they are definitively trying to make it work, even if they are awkward.

It just a hypothetical question.
If Aya can make a living in the future and find herself not like Koto anymore. Do you think Koto would let her go?
(I don't know why your answer 2 continues to show number 1 after l checked and edited several times. Please don't mind)

We do indeed have a very different vision of Koto. It sure is interesting to see the story unfold week by week and trying to guess where this is going.

To answer your question, I don't see her forcing her to stay for sure, but I can imagine her breaking down if Aya had to leave/wanted to leave. I honestly don't see her as manipulative, or with bad intention. I just see her as an empty shell and being super dull.

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017

Maby saying her manipulator is too harsh.
Koto just like using some trick to got what her wants.
I hope it wouldn't be rude if l ask you this two question :
1.Do you think Koto know how Erika feels about her?
2.Would Koto let Aya go for her own good?

1. I don't think she does. I think the reason we are not hearing her internal thoughts is that she doesn't have much internal dialogue because of her trauma. That's also why I think she is not manipulative, she acts more instinctively, and she is getting hurt easily because she doesn't understand her own insecurities. I don't think she is a control freak as well. You can be afraid of losing control while still not being manipulative or a control freak. So far, nothing have shown that she have bad motive, that she is manipulative or anything. Koto is reactive, she doesn't plan anything, nor she is thinking too much. She just reacts to thing happening to her, she is passive.

2. Why would she let her go? She needs to resolve her trauma, not let her go. I don't think it would be for Aya's own good. I'm not saying the relationship will works out, but Aya being dumped right now would be devastating to her. Their relationship is not healthy because of Koto's trauma, but she is still providing for her, and they are definitively trying to make it work, even if they are awkward.

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017

( chapter 3:refused to see her but also didn't go back to college because she knew Aya would contact her eventually.
chapter 4:......damn this woman.
chapter 7:bought her a smartphone and let her find a part-time job as her wish. Knowing there's no possibility she would get hired. By doing this, Aya will acknowledge she can't live without her now.)

I don't feel like are reading the same manga... Whether it's Koto or Erika, I feel like people are really hard with them, and I don't think this is the way Kabocha wants her characters to be portrayed.

The only thing that could make we feel Koto is manipulative, was she when was shown with the manuscript on a stage. But that was more for the dramatic effect more than anything else I think (Kabocha seems to enjoy giving a bit of a creepy feeling at the end of each volume).

I think Koto just had a strong PTSD because of Aya's disappearance and has difficulties whenever she cannot control the situation. Yet, she has never hinder Aya in any way. She lodge her, pay for her expenses and don't ask much in return. She does have issues to be addressed for sure, and she does have a problem expressing herself. I bet that she was so closed off for many years, that even Aya's reappearance was not enough to trigger her coming out of her shell. And it's totally logic in a way. Aya disappeared magically, why wouldn't she disappeared again the same way?

Same goes for Erika. Her internal dialogue is quite harsh, but regardless of what she is thinking, her actions speaks for herself and she is giving good advice and helping Aya. I do think when cares about her, but she is conflicted about the fact that Koto can't let her go. Her jealousy is probably triggering those bad though, but in all honesty, she is being a good friends and is doing more good than what her internal dialogue is suggesting.

I'm not saying those characters are perfects, far from that. But I feel like the story is more about Erika and Koto resolving their personal issues, rather than it is about Aya finding her way. She is honestly doing fine and is the more adult of the three...

joined May 9, 2017

At least the blonde is dropping hints and sending signals. The other girl doesn't do squat.

To be honest, she starts with "I want a boyfriend!". No wonder why the other girl assume she is straight..

joined May 9, 2017

I'm a bit late to the party, I'm just picking that one now. Quite fun, and it's interesting to get the pov from a new girl. But I have to admit, I'm not sure I understand the issue at the end of the last chapter...

joined May 9, 2017

Congrats, Tsukushi. You just got yourself one heck of a girlfriend!

And, oh yeah, Hinoka, you found herself one too, I guess.

That's harsh for Tsukishi. She has plenty to offer as well and Hinoka is also really lucky to have her as her girlfriend.

Like most people, I don't get why the confession when this way, but well, they are together now, ans while I would have prefer Hinoka not to feel that distressed, I also have to admit that her anxious/crying face was also really cute... (only because it was for a short while though).

Waiting for the double date now :)

joined May 9, 2017

"no homo" the manga.
Plenty of cuteness. The MC is definitely slowly falling for both her child and her (future) wife.

joined May 9, 2017

I am surprised to see there's a manga. I am currently reading this light novel. I wish Story about buying my classmate gets a manga too

It will, starting next month.

How's the light novel?

joined May 9, 2017

Remind me of Arioto

Beat me to it!

Thanks for the scanlation! Anyone know if the LN has been translated / where to find it?

I don't know of any translation but you can legally find the novel for free in Japanese here: https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16817139557519509664

joined May 9, 2017

How is it that the LN of this series has only released 1 volume and already has a manga while the Hikikomari series has already finished its anime (LN has 12 volumes released) but the manga has less than 15 chapters?

This is a web novel that was published on Kakuyomu. The publication as ended in 2022. Looks like second volume will be the last one, given the number of chapters on Kakuyomu. So it makes sense to have a manga being released right now, if they want the manga to boost the novel's sales.

It looks like most ot the stuff being released nowadays were first published as web novel, though. It makes sense to not take much risk as yuri is a small niche, but it's really nice to see people supporting authors once there is a proper release. 週クラ, which is maybe the most popular yuri novel now days, will also get a manga adaptation as well starting next month and the 4th volume of the novel will be released in spring. The web novel is still being published for free every week on Kakuyomu. It's even the most popular yuri novel on the platform.

joined May 9, 2017

Btw, while the second volume is supposed to be released on the 27th, it was already being sold everywhere this weekend in Japan, so I got my copy. A few new colored pages this time but no new chapter, I was a bit disappointed. But overall the same attention to detail as in the first volume, this is a really nice paper edition!

joined May 9, 2017

It's nice to see Mitsuki finally questioning her relationship with Aya. It's frustrating to only have 4 pages everytime but well, let's see where it leads!

joined May 9, 2017

It wasn't bad. It had a bittersweet "that's life" kind of vibe, but there's a hopefulness to that kind of feeling too because life continues on and there're more adventures to be had. Young loves like that rarely amount to much, but she'll find the feeling again with someone else, maybe even the original friend.

Agreed with everything said here. It's an incredibly good story of that sort of youthful melancholy. Getting caught up in something and then failing to have it work out, and then realizing life goes on and it's not the end of the world that you failed to do whatever it is. The ambiguous ending that left it all very open ended was really fitting

Indeed. Just a slice of life of a teenage trying to figuring out her life. I also really like the background art. It's pretty rare to have good background in that kind of manga, but it's much appreciated and contribute to the overall feeling of this one shot.

joined May 9, 2017

Damn, I'm a bit baffled that people are so prone to advise medications. While they do have a utility and are definitely life savior for some people, medications shouldn't be considered lightly. They can have a lot of heavy side effects, can be additive, and are poison for the brain medium to long term...

Go to therapy, seek counsel, find a group of discussion and last resort, use medications. I don't think her case is aggravated enough so she should take medications.

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 10:00AM

joined May 9, 2017

I didn't think much of the page count at first, but always having a payoff every fourth page feels like I'm reading to a click track. 4/4-ass manga.

The format is showing its limits. Given the success of the manga, I wished the author would do longer form chapter. I guess there will be one on the second volume (as there were one in the first one). But still, I wouldn't mind having to wait two or three weeks for longer chapters.

Btw, Sumiko reached a million subscribers on Twitter! I'm pretty much sure it's also due to the translator's work/effort as well as a good portion of those subscribers are foreigners. Thank you for the translation, as always!

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017

I'm not sure to know why the MC is not panicking right now, as her sister now knows she's not a guy ... I understand that that character is not there to introduce that kind of trouble, but still doesn't make much sense to me why the MC isn't anxious about that ..

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017

The ebook of volume 2 was released in Japan a few days ago. It's available on apps like Pikkoma (ピッコマ), where individual chapters are also being released, and it's also available on Amazon.

The author said a physical release will probably depends on the sells of the ebook, and a physical release will allow for a broader audience. Kabocha is a small author, so every sales counts. It's time to show some support :)

Just search for 三角形の壊し方 on Amazon or Pikkoma and you'll find it.

joined May 9, 2017

Regardless, I'm still happy the way it happened, and I can't wait to see their relationship evolve! I hope that the third volume won't be the last though. It's pretty popular, but Hijiki have been quite inconsistent with the release. Must be hard to publish two series at the same time.

I know I'm being pessimistic here but it seems a lot of yuri manga these days seem to end soon after the confession, or worse, right after the confession. Obviously I always want to see the relationships fully explored but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well, at least, there are still quite some chapters left for this volume, so we still have some time to see them all lovey-dovey :) I'm also pretty much sure we will have a double date with the other couple, this has been teased a few times already.

joined May 9, 2017

Damn, people are pretty hard on Tsukushi. She only realized her feelings a while ago, organized the trip to confess, and tried to. She was stop before she could do it, but I'm pretty much sure she would have done it. If anything, Hinoka had the easy part as she was already quite aware of Tsukushi's feelings for her, and was just waiting while giving hints. She just gave the last little push in the end but I found Tsukushi's courage more impressive. Doing all of that, thinking you're going to be rejected must be really hard.

Regardless, I'm still happy the way it happened, and I can't wait to see their relationship evolve! I hope that the third volume won't be the last though. It's pretty popular, but Hijiki have been quite inconsistent with the release. Must be hard to publish two series at the same time.

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 7:54AM

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017

I could be wrong though, because there's not enough hints yet and "Aya" seems to be her own person rather than a play character.

It's not like I don't like you theory, but we've seen Aya interact with the police, former classmates and a lot of other people when Koto is not even present. I think this was done precisely to tell us that she is not an illusion.

Most people are pretty hard on Koto, I feel like. I'll admit that stuff must be pretty hard for Aya, having to act as an adult with still being a child. But Koto had to live 7 years not knowing what happened to her first love. She could have been adducted, murder... This is I think a way more traumatic experience that was Aya is currently living (not that is a competition of course). I wonder if Koto is not stuck with her 14 yo self as well in a way.

Aikosaurus
joined May 9, 2017

Koto should have said "Aya looks young but she is actually my girlfriend," Nobody really cared and just assumed it is platonic (no sex).

No? First of all, if she truly looking that young, this is a problem. She is 14 yo, it's not easy to make her look like she is older.

Second, they haven't talk much about their relationship with each other. We don't know if Koto want to do her coming out, and it's the same for Aya, as far as Koto knows. It's something you discuss beforehand, not something you impose on someone.

And third, she got caught by surprised, about her 14yo girlfriend... I'm pretty much sure the vast majority of people would have reacted the same way...

joined May 9, 2017

imho the purpose of this time travel was to realize whom elsa had given her first kiss so Yvonne finally puts all her doubts about the rules of the world and how its supposed to work and whats supposedly best for everyone to rest.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch57#6

I thought that was quite obvious. I guess that will happen next chapter, and then Yvonne will return to the present. I wonder if Elsa will remember though.