Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oops...

And sure trolled us with the chapter title (for now).

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

It would be great if the manga got back to their relationship instead of all this musician angst drama. There's still hope, I guess.

joined Aug 12, 2022

It would be great if the manga got back to their relationship instead of all this musician angst drama. There's still hope, I guess.

For these two, there can't be romance without music.

last edited at Feb 4, 2024 9:44AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

????

This has always been about their relationship. Aya just married Koga, fer cryin’ out loud.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Also what the hell Aya, how can you be a fan of all those western artists yet not understand English well enough to figure out the lyrics to Mitsuki's song were wedding wovs?

I listen to a lot of J-Rock including Aldious, Band-Maid, Nemophila, Mutant Monster, and Esprit D'Air but really don't understand any of the lyrics ... I only understand Lovebites because they sing in English.

So it's not surprising in the least that Aya didn't understand Mitsuki's lyrics.

Preview-min
joined Jun 5, 2023

car seat headrest mentioned

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Also what the hell Aya, how can you be a fan of all those western artists yet not understand English well enough to figure out the lyrics to Mitsuki's song were wedding vows?

Well, she understood enough to propose to Mitsuki immediately thereafter, if only inside her head.

That's the thing with listening to lyrics versus reading lyrics.

whyisthereabreadtag
joined Oct 29, 2023

shoutout to that one picture of will toledo where he looks like a 40 year old lesbian

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

#marriage

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Look. That profile shot where they're standing on the stairs is so good!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

we're so back!!!!
glad she hurt her leg and not her arm or we'd be in for even more artist angst -v-;;

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

And now the friends think she's being abused at home...even though she ACTUALLY fell down the stairs.

Black%20meow
joined Jul 3, 2013

So they accidentaly married

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Hmmmm, just throwing it out there, but what if, just WHAT IF, Aya had read enough manga to know that at this point she's gonna have to chase Mitsuki all over God's creation to make any progress happen, SO, she knocks her off the stairs to slow her down enough to actually make some sort of progress. Abusive and evil? Yes, but also effective. Also gives her an excuse to hang out at her house even more and faun over and spoil her crush.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wait. This story had a Romance tag, right? Oh no, where did it go!? Why did they take it away!? Does that mean it's not a romances, after all? That it's a one sided love story. Or worse it's just a story of an ambiguously close friendship. Damnit those are the worst.

joined Sep 1, 2021

i wouldn't call this romance, itd be unfair to others. i see this as a coming of age kind

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Aya was looking all adorable in this chapter.
look at that happy face.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

shoutout to that one picture of will toledo where he looks like a 40 year old lesbian

Um, not to be rude, but I Googled him and there are multiple pictures that fit that description

joined Apr 10, 2023

Wait. This story had a Romance tag, right? Oh no, where did it go!? Why did they take it away!? Does that mean it's not a romances, after all? That it's a one sided love story. Or worse it's just a story of an ambiguously close friendship. Damnit those are the worst.

The author does not personally tag the Dynasty Scans upload of her manga lol. They reflect what we've seen so far and expect, not necessarily what is planned.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

The last panel contains traditional marriage vows in the inner dialog. How is that not relationship related?

last edited at Feb 5, 2024 3:56AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The last panel contains traditional marriage vows in the inner dialog. How is that not relationship related?

With Aya's heart being pierced by a love arrow. Sometimes I wonder if some users are actually using their eyes.

joined Apr 10, 2023

The manga has been very obvious about Aya being in love with Mitsuki and unsure about Mitsuki's feelings in return, ever since she became the main perspective character with the "will you be friends with me" arc. She's signaled in a billion ways that her feelings for Mitsuki are if anything stronger than ever, especially since she can't gush them out all over her friends anymore. :P

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Stairs are kryptonite to school girls.

Screenshot_88
joined Mar 9, 2023

Never thought i would see car seat headrest referenced in a manga...

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Given the people I know who talk about listening to Car Seat Headrest, this manga is where I'd most expect to find a reference to their music, frankly

last edited at Feb 5, 2024 9:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.