Forum › Posts by doughnatsu

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Is the Blue Monday song choice part of the meme she's using, or is that an original twist

It's part of the meme, the trend is this song + the fighting game style moves in time + dialogue. Idk lots of couples have done it that I've seen

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

No new chapter this week, but we're blessed with this hilarious "introduction" instead:
https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1784438628183404822

reposted on Instagram in video form! (and is literally tagged #wlw lol)
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6SqHWRSa2j/?igsh=bDJjNjhuZXUwbmI0

last edited at Apr 28, 2024 6:46PM

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

:ooo !! It's back! I'm really glad this is continuing, I'm also going through a theater Yuri spree so it's fantastic to see this return ^v^ (and irl theater! probably no yuri but I'm gonna be working on sets for a musical ehe)

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I knew I shouldn't have skipped those jan misali videos, now I can't read my yuri OTL tragic...

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I wouldn't usually think of Mitsuki having dog energy, but an Akita doesmake sense for her given how stubborn they both are LMAO
and welcome back Narita my boi; I love that panel gag. I really hope with all this talk about "Onii-san and Mitsuki being the same, and more people start putting that two and two together, that anyone brings up that Aya had a legit crush on Onii-san, snd if she thinks of Mitsuki as the same person... Like c'mon, someone, someone put this into words!! Mao and Chizuru better not join Narita's cheer squad in the background and not say anything. Those two are never gonna do anything about it alone!!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Recently I just keep thinking about, no matter how popular this manga gets, a faithful anime adaption is basically impossible due to song licensing issues. Maybe I'm just nihilistic but there's basically no way a yuri manga adaptation could ever afford a Nirvana song. Let alone multiple western rock classics. Just. :'c

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Oooo thank you for a new U-temo translation!!

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I really hope Aizawa-san is at least considered for an anime at some point. It's got all the horror elements I was really interested in from Mieruko-chan without the obsessive groping I couldn't sit through, plus a mystery I'm actually invested in. Also, canon lesbians everywhere.

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

This chapter oh my god oh my goooooood. Childhood friend amnesia(?) is an odd twist that I'm willing to ride along with. And whatever is going on with young Michi and the previously sealed idol. But my big deal is when she finally looks at Aizawa I'm ;0; I wish they lingered just a little longer on Michi's reaction, it's so heartbreaking. She's just so scared- she finally acknowledged a ghost out of concern for Aizawa and it seemed to prove all her fears right I'm dying here I'm deeeeead OTL

doughnatsu
It's You! discussion 05 Feb 11:52
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Awww I liked this one; and honestly, for all the density jokes, I was surprised Hinazumi even considered herself so early- usually it goes that the idea it could be herself wouldn't even be an option until the confession. Instead she has to actively talk herself down from the most obvious solution lmao. Makes Seira's gay suffering at the end 10/10 like, girl, of course she doesn't get it, you made her doubt herself!!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

we're so back!!!!
glad she hurt her leg and not her arm or we'd be in for even more artist angst -v-;;

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

What's the likelihood of Sumiko Sensei doing the English translation herself? I feel like it's probably impossible, both the workload of it and behind the scenes stuff working with English publishers that I don't know how it works. But English is a second language to her it seems; it would be so cool to have her translating her own words.

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Not something I even expected to find on Dynasty, but I'm already looking forward to updates. What a subdued depiction of married life. I wonder how much is going to stray into conflict, if it will ever be a linear story or more of a series of vignettes. We'll see as it goes.

Also, kotatsus seem like the perfect recipe for accidentally falling asleep lol. So waaarm~

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

happy 2024 to everyone, and everyone who worked on this!! this year let's all strive to be ourselves and follow our feelings like these girls ^^ /

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

A new adult life series, sign me up >:O I'm here for Kon already, and Ai's setup is already interesting, carrying around her life in a bag. Thank you for starting this!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I found a physical Japanese copy on display and I've been giggling and kicking my legs ever since I'm so glad I have it!! And it's so cool that it was a featured book , on display next to other manga with running anime and other really popular ones (was at a Japanese book store in the states). My girls ;v;

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

So if these two are actually endgame for a "regular" kind of romantic relationship, then there's a lot that still needs to happen, with Junko's mindset more so than with Kayo's, i'd wager xD

Honestly if the series ends in any sort of "regular" relationship I'd be shocked lmao. esp because, like you said, Junko really hasn't seen people other than as pawns. The only way I personally see Kayo and Junko being endgame at this point is in a crueler way. I feel like Junko is on the path to destroy any relationships the two of them are beginning to build with others, but in the end the two mains would stay together because no one else knows their "real" selves. Who else could possibly want them when they are capable of so much brutality?
loving this so far but i'd be amazed to see this partnership go anywhere but mutually abusive

doughnatsu
Love Bullet discussion 02 Dec 01:36
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

this is already looking like a favorite of mine; I haven't enjoyed a manga fight scene in so long, and it's so cute and inspired! all of the cupids are adorable
One part that keeps slipping my mind, but I'm sure will be touched on more in the future, is that the cupids all used to be, like, alive. I'm used to supernatural forces naively trying to guess about human romance/emotions based on what they've studied and... I mean, it still kind of counts for these girls because all of their knowledge of romance comes from media and others' experiences! So they've got the vibe of what I expect a cupid to be like, but I'm rlly looking forward to seeing who they were before, and if anything will change ^^

[...] Makes me wonder if there will be anti-cupids or fallen ones consumed by their jealousy later on.

yeah I wonder about fallen cupids too! esp since it's already implied that cupids do fight each other and what we saw was a low stakes scrimmage. but like are the future opponents doing something evil or are they just other cupids trying to finish the job first? excited to see :D

last edited at Dec 2, 2023 1:37AM

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

it's silly, but I kinda have the same goal as Kirika. I am cute and the kind of person that people want to defend usually, but I really want to be the cool knight who does the protecting >~< I'm glad she had her moment!
This was a lovely little one-shot! I love how supportive her whole friend group is about her crush. Mitsuru really cool herself too ^^ I don't know if I'd read a whole series, but I'd love a continuation of these two!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I saw that there wasn't an update today and immediately got worried something happened to Sumiko sensei or the translators OTL spoiled by these weekly uploads for real.
Hope y'all are having a good one, can't wait to be back!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

oooo glad i saw this after apparently missing the page order error. Read it in order and ahhhh its so adorable ;-; It's kind of cute that Fuyu never actually called Ririka "cute" after all; hoping for in the future where she does :D And the ending omg, of course she's here. i genuinely don't know how that's going to turn out; almost hoping for a falling out, though I should be hoping for a kind separation lol. So excited for the next part whenever it comes!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Oh my goooood this is ;-; I love the ending; she's right on the money, how we get to see both sides of Yoshioka's confession but she can't because it's not fiction to her~~ ahhh so good (also, how the beginning of the chapter mirrors the first chap of the manga, but now the faceless Yuri girls are her beloved friends? Perfect)

...and is it just me, or is this the most that Ririka and Fuyu have talked directly to each other 'on screen'? Most of the manga is Fuyu's inner monologue and assumptions, so it's sweet they are really, truly interacting now that Fuyu is distancing her reality and her fiction

doughnatsu
Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I actually didn't catch that the confession was a joke/ploy (thought she wanted to be the first to confess, not the first on an exam lmao) until I read Maya's part, but hey, I'm not complaining about having to read it again to get the full story.

The art is stunning; thoroughly in love with how this artist draws expressions. Takes an awesome artist to draw something so soft and full of emotions and the perfect silly >:o ! face on the same page. Truly the duality of man. I hope to see more of their work!!

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I genuinely screamed when I saw this go up; I'm so happy to see it back! I made an account (the day the update posted, but couldn't post until today as a newbie lol) to say thank you so much for your work, translators!!
The way this story has gone is so wonderful. I love the humor of the early manga and the combination of tropes being parodied and played straight, but it coming head-to-head with Fuyu's own fantasies is a welcome turn imo. I'm guessing we're nearing the end, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's next :D