Forum › Posts by BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
Happy Sepia discussion 24 Apr 05:11
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It was just a guest series that never got picked up for serialization, wasn't it? I love Hoshikuzu Telepath so I'm glad to read more from the author.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I find the exchange "Did you help Seo attempt to blow up the classroom?" "Yes, because she had nobody else to turn to." "Wow, you're so nice!" to be supremely funny.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Huh, aikatsu has het pairings. Learn something new every day

This is the only "serious" one in the original Aikatsu, whereas Stars has a male idol unit as side characters with three of them having ship tease with some of the girls. Friends on the other hand is the gayest little girl show in existence and has none.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
__4zm-1771345798015725658-img1

^
They also distributed an alternate version of the official pic at https://dynasty-scans.com/images/29943 where they're fully naked, with visible nipples and drenched legs.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Does Loco's song have a title or a full version?

The title is "L・O・V・E・リーロコ♡" (Lovely Loco) and that is the full version, if you check the corresponding chapter in the manga, that's the entirety of the lyrics. The official soundtrack is releasing next week and CD2 will include both this version of the song and the one Loco sang properly in episode 9 without extraneous dialogue and sound effects.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Literal wet puppy Koga.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Yamadoriseika-1337009834294562817-img1

I love the game, I hope the anime will be fun too and lead to lots more Sakuna/Kokorowa art.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Not to mention that Koga is so dense that even if Aya took out a billboard that said, “I, Aya, have romantic feelings toward Mitsuki. Also, FYI, two girls can have sex, and I want to have it with her,” Mitsuki would find a way to think it meant something else.

"Are those song lyrics? They sound sick! Can I use them in my next song?"

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
000_0200-1764710286228152594-img1

I just want to commend this batch of uploads for including a pic with Utena/Kiwi/Sayo, one with Haruka/Kaoruko and one with Matama/Nemo. Perfectly balanced.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I mean the answer here very clearly is that Komachi just needs to stay near Satsuki because she can "clear" the death energy that stacks up on people near Komachi.

Honestly though, Komachi going "oh no she'll hate me because I cause death to happen" is for me a slight miss. Like it makes sense given how she thinks about herself but the in my opinion much better direction to go in would have been Komachi thinking "she'll always save the people I bring closer to death but also she just jumped out of the fourth floor of a building to hit a billboard so it wouldn't hit me. That's SO dangerous, I don't want her to DIE for me"

That way we would have had a better opposition because it would have been Satsuki's "I'll always save you" Vs Komachi's "please stop doing that for your own good"

It wouldn't fit with what we've seen of Komachi thus far. She almost killed Satsuki herself by prying her fingers off the edge of a staircase just so that Satsuki wouldn't have technically told a lie about jumping off a building. From what we've seen in this flashback, Komachi can't feel any conscious sadness about people dying.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The anime was exclusive to only two streaming services, TVer and FOD, which aren't even among the most mainstream ones. They kneecapped its potential spread right from the start, though I'm sure the production committee made their calculations and decided the money they'd get from the exclusivity deals would be worth it. I wouldn't read much into the BD sales performance.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I think Aya said onii-san simply because Mitsuki was in her shop clerk getup that initially fooled Aya. She was reminiscing about how awkward she was back then compared to Kanna and Joe.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Takeshimaxfj-1757743563834863824-img1

@FluffyCow: since we know Shiho is in the anime and thus it will go further than just adapting up to when Yori and Himari start dating, I can't imagine the ending not being awkward since Shiho's storyline would definitely require a second cour to wrap up. I'll pre-emptively hope for S2 as well, though it's not like we aren't used to yuri anime adaptations doing the setup and stopping just short of the payoff, see YagaKimi as you mentioned and also AdaShima.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^ While it wasn't quite an unpopular series and had an average of 100k sales per volume, it's only since the anime started that fan works exploded.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I had noticed Haruno was suddenly wearing a new choker during the chapter but I just chalked it up to a goof on part of the author. The real explanation is delicious, Matataki became a sweetheart after being fixed.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
You don't know how hard it is to tear Seseren away from doing fan animations of mobile gacha characters. I can't recall him ever doing art consistently for a seasonal anime.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The last panel contains traditional marriage vows in the inner dialog. How is that not relationship related?

With Aya's heart being pierced by a love arrow. Sometimes I wonder if some users are actually using their eyes.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Also what the hell Aya, how can you be a fan of all those western artists yet not understand English well enough to figure out the lyrics to Mitsuki's song were wedding wovs?

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel the month-long hiatus enhances the joke of Aya dropping Mitsuki down the stairs.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Is she tricking her though? That feels more ambiguous to me. In chapter 16 she told Asumi how she feels and that she wants to go out with her and Asumi said no. Then a few chapters later she says yes to being friends with benefits, but she asks Nanao if she's ok with that. Asumi knows Nanao's feelings.

Indeed, Nanao has already confessed to Asumi. The friends with benefits arrangement is just a response to Asumi telling Nanao she can't date her because she has to keep searching for Mai. That's why I don't see Nanao here as having done anything wrong, it's entirely on Asumi to sort things out. If next chapter she tells Nanao she must continue to go to brothels, I'm sure the latter will understand.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel like we might get thrown a curveball and get Alice's La Verità instead if Baiser and Leopard get incapacitated and she's left to fight Magenta on her own.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
115263779_p0

The anime is really blowing up in popularity and there's a ton of fanart being made, I hope more gets posted here in the coming days and weeks.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This week's episode just played music during the blindfold sequence, so I guess the full version would have some voice work there.

Correct, Ononaka confirmed this on his twitter.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
Silly goose, they're canon so that the inevitable twist of the knife will be that much more painful.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Finally, this is a fun one.