Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

so how come yuzu didn't mind extreme skinship in the past and now that it's revealed that she was in love since ages ago she's so self-conscious? it's like her character has changed tremendously in only 2 chapters, no consistency at all

If you’re referring to what they did when they were little, that might just be an example of childhood innocence. If your referring to Yuzu’s actions earlier in the story, it seems like she had done a pretty good job suppressing her feelings until the cultural festival, so I would just assume that she’s becoming too conscious of it now that her feelings have welled back up. Either way, I wouldn’t call it completely inconsistent, just somewhat.

I'd say it's pretty in line with natural human inconsistency and emotions being messy

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

so how come yuzu didn't mind extreme skinship in the past and now that it's revealed that she was in love since ages ago she's so self-conscious? it's like her character has changed tremendously in only 2 chapters, no consistency at all

If you’re referring to what they did when they were little, that might just be an example of childhood innocence. If your referring to Yuzu’s actions earlier in the story, it seems like she had done a pretty good job suppressing her feelings until the cultural festival, so I would just assume that she’s becoming too conscious of it now that her feelings have welled back up. Either way, I wouldn’t call it completely inconsistent, just somewhat.

^ That, or the author is just playing a conspiracy game with us, like with Half-Life 1, where the readers are the ones who know more than the writer and let them fill in the gaps, and purposely (hopefully not and makes some pages to explain) avoids explaining so stuff keeps its hook until another major event or a major flaw or inconsistency is found, and all the entertaining cuteness falls into nothing.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

hear me out: this is just really dumb and silly and not in the goofy way. but the arts good girls cute cant stop

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

It's certainly done a flip. Most importantly, we're now finally getting her thoughts and inner-monologues. That's the biggest narrative change. Gonna miss the stone-faced expressionless thing she used to have going, now that she's decided to actually react to things. Since both parties are responding and thinking, these scenes have more energy. Probably the best chapter so far because of that. So I'll take it, no matter how sharp a shift it is or how late the shift came.

last edited at Jan 10, 2024 9:50PM

joined Jun 11, 2021

yeah its pretty poorly executed as far as these fluffy romcoms go but the fluff itself is excellent, even if it always leads into "oOps haha!! sorry lets change tbe subject!n"
all i'm saying is there better be a good payoff. i feel like a lot of times theres more romantic and sexual tension in the "misunderstandings" than there is when they finally get together, then it'll just end up with a light kiss and a shot of them holding hands with "fin" at the bottom.
do you think i need to take a break from reading yuri

816lwpeqwgl._ac_uf894,1000_ql80_
joined Sep 22, 2021

pls... kiss...

joined May 10, 2021

This is still cute as heck, but if gets more and more painful to read.
Thanks for the chapter!

joined May 3, 2014

yeah its pretty poorly executed as far as these fluffy romcoms go but the fluff itself is excellent, even if it always leads into "oOps haha!! sorry lets change tbe subject!n"
all i'm saying is there better be a good payoff. i feel like a lot of times theres more romantic and sexual tension in the "misunderstandings" than there is when they finally get together, then it'll just end up with a light kiss and a shot of them holding hands with "fin" at the bottom.
do you think i need to take a break from reading yuri

yeah, really hate that type of situation…..and unfortunately because i will love to get more yuri with adults i end up looking for the +18 one shots to get read of all that sexual tension XD cuz i sware i get bean blue from all of that

joined May 3, 2014

This is still cute as heck, but if gets more and more painful to read.
Thanks for the chapter!

YAP! hope for the love of all Gay things! we GET PROGRESS !!! lile come one this chapter the frustration was already to an boiling point! so now that we know they like each other WAY delay the proggress!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

They silently swapped Yuzu for another character to save the series but hey it's working

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

This is turning into Kaguya want to confess

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I don't hate the shift, and it's nice to finally have direct insight into what Yuzu's thinking, but it does make me anxious. We're 20 chapters in and it feels like we're still at the starting chapters of Rejected In A Dream...

joined Aug 29, 2019

I can't decide who's more idiot couple, Minami and Yuzu or Hinoka and Tsukishi. I guess Hino and Koguma were also running circles around each other for 130 chapters...

joined Dec 13, 2018

They silently swapped Yuzu for another character to save the series but hey it's working

They showed up at her house in the middle of the night and stole her face.

last edited at Jan 11, 2024 9:31AM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Even if they still can't say it to each other's faces, they're definitely getting married.

Also like... Yuzu's behavior isn't even that unrealistic? That's how I behave anyway, as far as being completely stonefaced until it sets in

last edited at Jan 11, 2024 9:52AM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Even if they still can't say it to each other's faces, they're definitely getting married.

Also like... Yuzu's behavior isn't even that unrealistic? That's how I behave anyway, as far as being completely stonefaced until it sets in

Yeah but it's more of an execution issue rather than an "is this possible" kind of issue. It's good that we're here now, anyway.

last edited at Jan 11, 2024 11:01AM

Zooloo
joined Mar 10, 2023

This version of Yuzu is about 100x better to read and I don't care for consistency if we get actual feelings from both characters instead of one lesbian pining at a brick wall. Gimme that gayyyyy fluff.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I can't decide who's more idiot couple, Minami and Yuzu or Hinoka and Tsukishi. I guess Hino and Koguma were also running circles around each other for 130 chapters...

There's a lot of contenders for the most idiotic couple in Yuri, having just read School Zone, I feel like Rei & Kei are also in the running

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can't quite decide whether they're useless or not, but this was certainly absolutely hilarious. :D

BaglReadsTheYuri
Ezgif.com-gif-maker
joined Sep 14, 2022

My take on this is that previous to this we've only seen her reaction through the "eyes" of Minami, who has long since convinced herself that Yuzu isn't into her. Since we don't see the internal reactions of Yuzu in those moments we assume, like Minami, that Yuzu doesn't care. I'm still not a fan of this development but that's my headcanon for the sudden flip.

I sure do hope I got those names right cause I can barely remember them at this point lmao

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I have no idea where these complaints about Yuzu come from, it's like people have entirely forgotten how she was shaken from her usual cool facade just two chapters ago.

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Lol the "you strip too" part reminds me of Mikoto and Nekozaki from come rain or shine.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I think the rival girl shook her a bit, like the fact that Minami can like girls just made things 'real'

Also since we were always in Minami's POV, now were starting to see her start to crack too

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

One day those hormones start to work and they don't ask for consistency of the "story" and how you felt before

Artoria
joined Sep 12, 2018

I wanna lock them both in that room that's often shows up in doujins.

To reply you must either login or sign up.