Forum › Posts by NuclearStudent

joined Dec 13, 2018

You know what I appreciate

When you read a character that isn't your type, but it's drawn with such passion towards their charm points that you understand perfectly what they like and what they like about it

joined Dec 13, 2018

come to think of it, my average separation distance from my sister when we're hanging out is about three arm lengths

joined Dec 13, 2018

come to think of it, my average separation distance from my sister when we're hanging out is about three arm lengths

joined Dec 13, 2018

Considering that the color page before the beginning of the chapter already tells us that they became a couple I imagine that it will be done rather quickly and that we will have an adorable development between the two. I love the author so here you go.

fool - we stand here with all our lore

yet not wiser than before

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Sometimes, it feels like almost every mom in manga falls between extremes of either in the super kind, helpful, wingwomanning their daughter type, or the traditionalist, arranged marriage antagonistic one.

I loooooove the former. Her reaction to Suuna announcing that she has a sefure was priceless, same with Suuna's reaction as an easily aggravated daughter. I'd be curious to see her meet Ruka.

"So my daughter is gay...and she's a top?"

joined Dec 13, 2018

So, like, is this dude, Rubius Macgrave, a reincarnated Henry Kissinger, and will he influence Diana into becoming a One-Girl Death Squad, crushing the revolution with extreme violence?

Damn I love isekai now, it's epic

"I Escaped Justice In Another World, And Now I Set Up Dates With The Death Squad? Yuri Justice!"

joined Dec 13, 2018

I wonder what would be weirder, watching yourself be happy in post coital bless, or learning that you have the expression of a moyai statue after the deed is done

joined Dec 13, 2018

yo if Asumi were my friend, and I knew she was considering giving up Nanao and heading back to the brothels, I'd slap her upside the head and/or call her an absolute mong

I'd say it's pretty clear that Asumi does care for Nanao quite a bit at this point. Nanao cares for Asumi. Nanao, as best as we we can know, is an intelligent, decent person with no serious vices and a good future in front of her. Nanao is the best thing that has ever happened to Asumi.

Buddy of mine did something similar a couple years ago and I called them a whole circus.

joined Dec 13, 2018

I have no idea what the chapter six gag is supposed to be about but I had a good laugh. Just wa-bang, pan off the forehead for absolutely no reason.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

It absolutely was on the cheek, she established explicitly that her understanding of "semifure" was about cheek kissing. There's zero reason for her to jump straight to lips out of nowhere.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/convenient_semi_friend_ch11#8

But the framing! The angles!

last edited at Jan 19, 2024 3:53AM

joined Dec 13, 2018

They silently swapped Yuzu for another character to save the series but hey it's working

They showed up at her house in the middle of the night and stole her face.

last edited at Jan 11, 2024 9:31AM

joined Dec 13, 2018

"If I join a right wing death squad, will I finally get that OLussy?"

~Diana, probably

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

re: special number 2. So, Seri and Shuoko have the exact same relationship problems as Sakurako and Kasumi. “If I try to put a label on it, it might ruin what we have.” How many different carbon-copy sexually ambivalent same-sex couples can the author write into one manga? It’s basically useless lesbian Invasion of the Body Snatchers at this point.

it's jover

I thought they were making a thematic point with different contrasting relationships

we're bidone

joined Dec 13, 2018

"Diana, as the heroine, will always be morally right. Let's just reassure her so she doesn't give up her powers."

~natori putting a 50 cal through her foot

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

the sapphic urge to write characters bleeding out and experiencing immense physical pain and trauma

I was going to laugh and say "Pshaw, what an exaggerated statement!" but then I remembered novels like Clear And Muddy Loss Of Love and Female General and Eldest Princess.

Aaand I guess I have nothing to say after all.

i hate Female General and Eldest Princess spoilers—> i can’t believe people praise this as great Lesbian Romance when the supposed romance is just……UGH like we have 1/5 of the novel being romance AT THE END AND THAT is garbage fast forward because the author forgot this is supposed to be an romance novel

In their defense most Chinese novels I have read are just like that, at this point I think it's cultural. I just finished reading a series that was 4000 pages and they started holding hands like at 4/5 of it??? And it was portrayed as lewd and not in the reddit way, in the serious way. They take their slow burn VERY seriously. Just take Mo Dao Zu Shi, the most famous BLB of all as an example. Most of the series is just worldbuilding and very well written angst approaching the tradegy that killed Wei Ying in his first body.

I liked reading the female general and eldest princess but I don't know if I would recommend it.

What's this extreme hand-holding series

I must know

joined Dec 13, 2018

Lapis went full wife guy immediately

best description I ever read bout lappy

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

took me a moment to realize that the snake represented tongue

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Tsurugimine Kiri's big gay bathroom panic strikes again!

I am the proud owner of a homosexual bathroom

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

we were wrong all along - mochi wasn't writing dumb trashy fun stories, they were just strategically reserving their brain cells for the decisive moment

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Rin and President fans arguing over who's gonna win. Meanwhile me, a Ruruka backer, dying on the floor because the one chapter with them on a date went to someone else.

Also hold up, Ruruka, the flat pervert best friend? And I don't mean flat in the physical sense. She's like, the least interesting character in my opinion, why her?

Also the potion definitely doesn't do the first person you see, because in this chapter MC drank the potion but thought of Rinmei instead of her sister in front of her.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I know it literally doesn't matter, but I'm kinda curious if this drug

A. Just makes you temporarily horny towards your normal sexual orientation

B. Makes you temporarily horny towards the same sex

C. Makes you temporarily horny towards the same sex and also permanently gay.

C would be kinda fucked up, like you just changed the course of someone's life on a whim without consent. It would be unMochi to write that, I think. The drugged male teacher chapter kinda implied B, but it would also be consistent with events if that teacher was in fact actually gay the entire time.

I think the implication is that it just makes you super horny and open to sexual offers without being too picky about things like orientation and gender

As a counterpoint, the male teacher was immediately horny for the other male teacher, but not for any of his female students or coworkers. We're probably not having any straight reappearing characters, so it's an academic question.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

It's one of those "plug-in endings" that's unfortunately weirdly common with manga. You could have gone on with the misunderstanding another ten chapters and put those two ending chapters there. Or you could have put those ending chapters in 10 chapters earlier. It wouldn't have made an iota of difference. ^^

It was honestly one of those stories where you could have assembled almost all the chapters in pretty much any order and it would not have mattered

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

It's also kinda, if a tree falls in a gay forest kinda thing. If all the characters are canonically gay, and this is the kind of setting where that very well might be true, then it's likely irrelevant exactly how the drug works because everybody is gay anyways.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I know it literally doesn't matter, but I'm kinda curious if this drug

A. Just makes you temporarily horny towards your normal sexual orientation

B. Makes you temporarily horny towards the same sex

C. Makes you temporarily horny towards the same sex and also permanently gay.

C would be kinda fucked up, like you just changed the course of someone's life on a whim without consent. It would be unMochi to write that, I think. The drugged male teacher chapter kinda implied B, but it would also be consistent with events if that teacher was in fact actually gay the entire time.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

that was a surprisingly sweet and heartfelt moment in the midst of madness

I was squeeing at the phone call. Who knew that asking the girl you like if you can use them as fap material after your crazy sister drugged you can be so cute?

Yeah rereading it a few times, I was surprised by how real it felt. I cannot quantify it, but it had that right pitch of awkwardness, that combination of nothing to say and everything that young people have said to each other before, that levelled like a conversation I might have had as a youth.