joined Dec 20, 2018

"Feels exactly the same as our normal life" :D

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, how many chapters are left?

saninorochimaru
joined Mar 30, 2021

They're 24? God I feel so old now. How long has it been?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I would say this chapter was just a vibe, but this while manga has been a vibe over the years, so...

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

8 years. In a couple of months at most we can probably start counting to the 9th.

It's so weird. It feels like it wasn't too long ago that I started reading Futaribeya and though I've been reading since the first couple of chapters were translated..

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

8 years. In a couple of months at most we can probably start counting to the 9th.

It's so weird. It feels like it wasn't too long ago that I started reading Futaribeya and though I've been reading since the first couple of chapters were translated..

A series where the readers are more or less growing with the characters is really a special thing.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I feel like I've grown up with them....

joined Sep 9, 2022

Can't believe I've watched this since high school and now I'm same age with them.....

last edited at Jul 2, 2023 11:06PM

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

I feel like I've grown up with them....

For real

I’m just going to pretend I didn’t just read that interview to commemorate their f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶v̶o̶l̶u̶m̶e̶

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 5:30AM

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

I read this since the oneshot, was on hs and now im 23y....
It going to always have a place in my heart

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Author did a wonderful job creating a series that challenges the need (or purpose) of labels. They're relationship is so effortless and comfy and Kasumi especially has always been so confident and assured of their future together that labels never really mattered, actions did. Their actions have always been "official" whether they label it that or not. Will be sad when it's finished.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This series is one of the first yuri works I've ever picked up and followed, way back when, I think it had like 6 chapters online or something, so even though I haven't been following it closely for a long time and I'd only pop in once in a while, it still holds a special place in my heart, and it feels really weird to hear that it's ending, and I'll really miss it. I hope Yukiko gets around to just drawing them more like she says she wants to do.

Also like SrNevik mentions, the dynamic between Kasumi and Sakurako has always been incredibly special in how it was handled, especially in that no labels were really needed to see and know what is what, and I've always liked it about the manga, though I'll admit part of me always wanted the two to boink or whatever. I still do, honestly... yo, maybe the doujin format presents an opportunity, who knows?

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Can't wait for the hentai final chapter.

joined Nov 22, 2021

It would be hilarious if, after 10 years, they decide they’re just good friends after all and the final panel is simply the two of them sharing a hearty handshake.

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 11:16AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's funny that she mentions being constrained by expectations of what she can draw when Yukiko's oneshots are anything but constrained. Maybe it's just where this series was serialized

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Q4 the most important Q.

joined Mar 10, 2013

I guess there are two types of people in the world, the one who can't accept anything as Yuri if there is no kissing or dating at least and the one who can just take a connection between two people for what it is and call it Yuri too.

I used to think I was the second type, because of my love of Nanofate and other not confirmed but obvious pairings, but futaribeya made me realize I'm actually the first one. It could be because I'm older and time goes faster, but this manga Is the most bland, irrelevant, waste of time I've ever read. So many chapters about fucking nothing, (not even funny nothing like other 4-koma) actually ruined forever the 4-koma genre for me.

I could go on about everything that was wrong with it, but I am actually grateful, because thanks to futaribeya now I don't waste my time reading anything that might be similar to it and I'm happier with every Yuri I finish.

So thanks I guess and congrats to anyone who likes it, you're stronger than me.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Damn, I knew it was ending soon.. Its a shame, nearly ALL the long running series i've been following have ended now- this is one of the last.

@NeoCervantes Your loss. You know how many amazing stories out there are not even slightly yuri? A shame you will never read them.. And then there's ones like this that is totally full of the love between 2 girls- and just because it isn't portrayed in a specific way, you dismiss it.. Even if it doesn't end yuri- (which it seems like it will) their relationship has been fantastic to follow. Because I like yuri, I also very much enjoy stories that feature girls only or mostly even when they have no romantic elements. Im amazed someone who says they like yuri does NOT seem to enjoy stories about girls without het romance- i'd think that a fundemental requirement to also enjoying when it is romantic.

There IS no strength envolved. You are looking to stories like this and miss sunflower etc totally wrong. You are treating them all as yuri stories where you have to wait 10 years for the payout- instead of just stories about a group of girls and their relationships and lives. (with a posibility of yuri occuring but it not being the point of the story).. in exactly the same way you presumably enjoyed Nanoha.

Some series like this (even setting aside its actual yuri secondary relationships) Has far more meaningful relationships between girls than many actual yuri where they have sex within a few chapters but are otherwise quite shallow.

You are going to miss a ton of amazing yuri adjacent content - and the fault will be with you and how you have chose to view them not the stories themselves.

I know its not my place to tell you how or what to enjoy- but you DID come into the thread for this story- a place full of it's fans and slag it off. I feel Im entitled to this much- but I won't drag it out further.

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 2:42PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

@NeoCervantes... And then there's ones like this that is totally full of the love between 2 girls- and just because it isn't portrayed in a specific way, you dismiss it.

It's funny that they're missing the whole point of the series, but as you said, that's their right. I'm shocked someone could say this is a series not about romance, but I guess it presents too differently for them. That or they're confusing romance with sexual intimacy.

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 3:04PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, there's possibly that, but by some of their comments, especially the "most bland, irrelevant, waste of time" comment, I'd say it's less about yuri or not and more just NeoCervantes really not getting along with iyashikei.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm confused. Is chapter 75 the ending?

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 4:10PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm confused. Is chapter 75 the ending?

I doubt it, since there's a "To Be Continued..." and it seems like too abrupt of an ending. There seems to be room for at least one or two more chapters in the volume.

joined Sep 10, 2022

I think it ends at chapter 78, based on what someone else said. Then we'll likely get volume extras.

I mean, there's possibly that, but by some of their comments, especially the "most bland, irrelevant, waste of time" comment, I'd say it's less about yuri or not and more just NeoCervantes really not getting along with iyashikei.

I thought so too but they focused on the physical intimacy so that seems to be their central issue. They also seemed to define yuri based around whether it has physical intimacy/clear romantic labels. It feels like they're fine with slice of life/healing stuff as long as there is kissing or someone declares the other their girlfriend etc., as though the lack of physical intimacy or labeling of their relationship made this series "irrelevant," but who knows. Maybe they'll clarify.

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 5:25PM

joined Mar 10, 2013

You guys are overthinking it, I said it was bland, boring and a waste of time of as a manga. From my point of view it gave nothing and accomplished nothing. And I actually enjoyed Miss Sunflower because it is not bland, not boring and not a waste of time. The main characters in futaribeya to me make no progression, themselves and their relationship is the same at the end of volume one up to the final volume, which is a loving best friendship. Another work that I dropped because of this reason is Hana ni Arashi in which they are dating, kiss and all that, but nothing has happened recently, I'm not talking about sex here, just their lives as human beings; they are exactly the same as chapter one.

If you wonder why did I finish, it was out of habit, because I also started reading it years ago. And I leave a comment saying what I think because it took it so many years to do nothing in the end.

If you like it and think I'm a idiot that's fine, I won't miss anything never reading another manga like this.

joined Mar 10, 2013

There IS no strength envolved. You are looking to stories like this and miss sunflower etc totally wrong. You are treating them all as yuri stories where you have to wait 10 years for the payout- instead of just stories about a group of girls and their relationships and lives. (with a posibility of yuri occuring but it not being the point of the story).. in exactly the same way you presumably enjoyed Nanoha.

Some series like this (even setting aside its actual yuri secondary relationships) Has far more meaningful relationships between girls than many actual yuri where they have sex within a few chapters but are otherwise quite shallow.

Sure, enjoy your cute girls doing cute things manga with Yuri on the side. It doesn't make this one less bland.

To reply you must either login or sign up.