Forum › Posts by Seira

Shinonome.ena.full.3493443_cropped
joined Mar 22, 2014

[37.5] bit of a false start uploading this one. had a few weird issues, but it's fixed now. enjoy cuties.

EDIT: also, if anyone knows why Iroha is talking about 「ラッピング」, i'd love to know.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the origins of the saying,「敵に塩を送る」, which, according to Weblio, was:

(from Uesugi Kenshin sending salt to his enemy, Takeda Shingen, when Takeda's salt supply had been cut off) to save an enemy from trouble instead of taking advantage of their weakness; to show humanity even to one's enemy; to help one's enemy in difficulty

So perhaps Iroha was trying to say that Izumi kindly wrapped up some salt and sent it to Kanade (very literal translation).

Which, of course, just means Izumi stepped aside instead of taking advantage of Kanade/Nanaki at their weakest.

I would assume Iroha is trying to play up just how kind Izumi is.

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 6:28PM

joined Mar 22, 2014

Holy crap, I was on the edge all chapter.

Seira
Image Comments 27 Nov 15:07
joined Mar 22, 2014
Fb6xiogvqak8wcr-orig

Galaxy indeed

joined Mar 22, 2014

Tbh I just saw this one on my Twitter TL.

(Anyone have other links?)

joined Mar 22, 2014

KuuSumi gives me life.

joined Mar 22, 2014

Thanks Cuetie Scans.

This series is a total blessing.

joined Mar 22, 2014

KuuSumi gives me life

Seira
School Zone discussion 01 Sep 17:59
joined Mar 22, 2014

Facial Harvard.

Seira
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wait, Hino is actually SO good at studying LOL

last edited at Aug 20, 2021 1:35AM

joined Mar 22, 2014

Love the Nico related releases for her birthday each year. Just went back to reread another NicoKotori work by the same artist, only to see that was also posted here on her birthday.

joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh crap.

I have no idea how the pages got out of order, LOL.

https://imgur.com/a/2tuYfpM is in the correct order if anyone wants to read it on Imgur.

My apologies to whoever uploaded this! :(

I also have no idea how to request to get that changed, whoops..

last edited at Jul 5, 2021 2:20AM

Seira
Yoru to Umi discussion 10 Jun 23:21
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well tbh, I enjoyed this series a lot and I love Tsukiko, Aya, and their relationship with each other, however awkward and tense it may seem. The art is fantastic and I personally think it’s well-written. Don’t know why, but it makes me think of Adachi and Shimamura, LOL.

It’s just that anybody coming in and expecting a conclusive yuri ending with a grand confession and kiss probably won’t be all for it. For what it’s worth, they do stay with each other after reuniting, so idk, up to interpretation for their future?

last edited at Jun 10, 2021 11:22PM

Seira
Yoru to Umi discussion 03 Jun 02:33
joined Mar 22, 2014

I decided to buy volume 3 just to read ahead. There's only 3 volumes in total, so it ends at chapter 19.

For anyone wondering about the ending, there's no yuri in it and the story ends after a time skip. They separate after graduation and Aya accidentally breaks her phone by dropping it in the water. She didn't back anything up, so she lost Tsukiko's contact information, but they reunite at the end. Just a nice story between two people with a vague distance between them.

Seira
Yoru to Umi discussion 01 Jun 06:26
joined Mar 22, 2014

I love the way this series reads. Both Tsukiko and Aya always have each other in their thoughts and have a desire to get closer, but both seem to believe their current distance is further than it actually is, which causes them to act so reserved around each other. Tsukiko wants Aya to look her way sometimes, believing that Aya only ever has eyes for the pool. Meanwhile, Aya deeply wishes to understand Tsukiko and her feelings better, but believes that the latter has no interest in allowing her to get close.

The two of them are so close, yet so far apart. There are so many things that could be solved just by talking to each other, but like Aya said, it feels like the words are stuck in their throats. Hopefully this slow burn will pay off in the end and they'll be able to communicate their desires with each other properly.

joined Mar 22, 2014

wow MC is way cuter...out of uniform

Omg, I wasn't the only one thinking this LOL

joined Mar 22, 2014

I love this series but why is Hina continuing this mental and emotional torture/mind-break if Ai actually does want to be with her? I’d like to see a regular date at a cafe or something. One consensual kiss. I mean nothing Too normal given the dynamic of their relationship but damn, I want to see them both lovey dovey just once without either being forced or coerced.

Hina’s motivations don’t exactly work the same way as a “normal” love though. I’m not talking about her or Airi’s kinks and fetishes or anything related, but what Hina wanted was never a “normal” love or relationship with her. Hina became obsessed with the unequal positions in their relationship, and since none of what she’s doing now is out of revenge, it just means she genuinely enjoys their relationship this way.

Frankly speaking, despite what she might say, I don’t think Hina would be happy in a regular relationship where they can just be together and do normal lovey-dovey things. Once she got a taste of this world, she never wants to go back.

Seira
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yessss, it’s here!

joined Mar 22, 2014

Lol, it’s super unlikely, but how funny would it be if Hinata meant that she also loved Noa the same way and nobody noticed?

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 11:06AM

joined Mar 22, 2014

@Seira Im more inclined to think she transfered to the new world just in mind- or spirit- like perhaps she died shortly after that last memmory and that made it happen. Or perhaps she lived a full life then died, but doesn't remember the rest? Or maybe she died WHEN her mind left to go to the new world? Because there was already a rei taylor here she clearly didnt come over physically. And I doubt her husk of a body is laying about on life support on our world. When she says previous life I really get the impression the old one is over for good- either as a previous life or a transmigration just as the story starts that killed her old body.

I think basically none of the possible answers is free from flaws or issues, so the author deliberatly wants to leave it vauge, and Im fine with that.

Well, it’ll all be revealed in the next 2-3 chapters in the web novel, so look forward to them :^)

joined Mar 22, 2014

I thought this was licensed by Seven Seas or is it just the light novel version?

It's just the light novel.

Wait Rei died? I thought she just got sucked into the game.

I think this might be a translation mistake; the original web novel chapter covering this didn't mention her dying at all and the Italian translation says "previous life" (vita precedente) instead. If anyone has access to the raws, that should clear this up.

(Translator of the second part of the web novel here)

She frequently calls it her “past life” and “previous world”, and I believe that is all she ever refers to it as in the first part, but IIRC, there was a single mention in part 2 of her believing that she had actually reincarnated instead of it being transmigration.

joined Mar 22, 2014

Casual bump

joined Mar 22, 2014

My apologies if this is not the appropriate place to post this. I thought that since Dynasty Scans primarily hosts yuri manga, perhaps the yuri community could band together for this. If this is not the right place, please delete this post.

Anyway, inori. (いのり。), who is the author for “I Favor the Villainess” (web novel/light novel/manga), is currently facing financial hardships due to her gas water heater suddenly breaking down. She has been quoted for 340,000 yen to replace it (she has explained that it is impossible to repair it), which is around $3200 USD. She lives incredibly frugally as it is (information that she has publicly shared), so this is going to take a huge dip into her savings.

Here is her Twitter page, where you can find details of her posting about the situation: https://www.twitter.com/inori_narou

She has set up a Ko-fi page for herself, where you can donate to this cause if you are willing to, which you can find here: https://ko-fi.com/inori

Any amount would be highly appreciated. Of course, you don’t need to donate at all. I’m sure just sending a few tweets her way or spreading the word would make her very happy!

Thank you all very much for your continued support.

(Hope to see you all when chapter/arc 15 of the light novel drops~)

P.S. As long as this thread is allowed to be up, any bumps (not spam though) would also be appreciated if possible!

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 12:17PM

joined Mar 22, 2014

Translator for the second part of the web novel here (chapters 113 and onwards).

Originally, I had plans to clean up part one (chapters 1-112), but due to it being licensed, I decided that I would just leave it be. Please look forward to its release in November.

Being in contact with the author herself, she has expressed her sadness over seeing people pirate the manga (and that includes scanlating it). I don't have any authority to tell you guys what to do/what not to do, but please, if you end up enjoying the novel or manga, consider offering her your support. It's fine if you can't or don't have the means to or you simply just don't want to, but at least keep it in mind if you can!

Thats fair about not updating the first half.

I'd honestly would rather have the series removed if the author is vocal about their distaste for scanlations.

It kinda makes me sad though there are pieces of media in the world we will never enjoy because of language barriers.

Yes, ideally, I wouldn't want to see scanlations of this because of her disapproval (for the record, the translations for the second part of the web novel are being allowed since they are purely fan translations, and the second part has not been officially announced for anything yet), but I also know that even if the current group decides to stop working on this, somebody else will inevitably pick it up. There is really no "winning" in this situation, so the most I can ask of you all is to support her if at all possible!

joined Mar 22, 2014

Translator for the second part of the web novel here (chapters 113 and onwards).

Originally, I had plans to clean up part one (chapters 1-112), but due to it being licensed, I decided that I would just leave it be. Please look forward to its release in November.

Being in contact with the author herself, she has expressed her sadness over seeing people pirate the manga (and that includes scanlating it). I don't have any authority to tell you guys what to do/what not to do, but please, if you end up enjoying the novel or manga, consider offering her your support. It's fine if you can't or don't have the means to or you simply just don't want to, but at least keep it in mind if you can!

And on the off chance, if anybody here is looking forward to the release of chapter 174 and onwards, it'll be coming sometime next week.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the manga!

Seira
The Bridge discussion 01 Apr 20:41
joined Mar 22, 2014

Credits say Yatosuki (Yatosaki?) Haru: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/75132

Tagged as Kovachi Luka...

Looks like Fuyume Saya (personal opinion)....