Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

What a wonderful dream. ^_^

Science babies arc??? Though I know Futaribeya is too grounded for that... probably.

Pretty sure Sakurako has already mentioned this possibility a long time ago.

Oh yeah I remember, that was like... vol 3 or something... But at this point I'm honestly scared to find out what Kasumi would be like as a parent. Though as usual I guess Sakurako would balance it out by being perfect at everything.

Sakurakos been living with her baby for the last 10 years

lol yep

last edited at Oct 3, 2023 11:09AM

joined Oct 27, 2013

This feels very ace/aro spec to me. “What’s the difference between dating and not dating?” is definitely the kind of question ace aro people struggle with. (Source: personal experience).

I’m not trying to apply labels to their relationship, just saying it’s relatable.

No as an aroace myself I can't totally relate to this :)

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

You guys are overthinking it, I said it was bland, boring and a waste of time of as a manga. From my point of view it gave nothing and accomplished nothing. And I actually enjoyed Miss Sunflower because it is not bland, not boring and not a waste of time. The main characters in futaribeya to me make no progression, themselves and their relationship is the same at the end of volume one up to the final volume, which is a loving best friendship. Another work that I dropped because of this reason is Hana ni Arashi in which they are dating, kiss and all that, but nothing has happened recently, I'm not talking about sex here, just their lives as human beings; they are exactly the same as chapter one.

If you wonder why did I finish, it was out of habit, because I also started reading it years ago. And I leave a comment saying what I think because it took it so many years to do nothing in the end.

If you like it and think I'm a idiot that's fine, I won't miss anything never reading another manga like this.

That's a lot of words used just to say the manga didn't do what you wanted, but okay.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

You guys are overthinking it, I said it was bland, boring and a waste of time of as a manga. From my point of view it gave nothing and accomplished nothing. And I actually enjoyed Miss Sunflower because it is not bland, not boring and not a waste of time. The main characters in futaribeya to me make no progression, themselves and their relationship is the same at the end of volume one up to the final volume, which is a loving best friendship. Another work that I dropped because of this reason is Hana ni Arashi in which they are dating, kiss and all that, but nothing has happened recently, I'm not talking about sex here, just their lives as human beings; they are exactly the same as chapter one.

If you wonder why did I finish, it was out of habit, because I also started reading it years ago. And I leave a comment saying what I think because it took it so many years to do nothing in the end.

If you like it and think I'm a idiot that's fine, I won't miss anything never reading another manga like this.

At this point you are just hurting yourselves on purpose then make us bare with your complaint.

Takodachi_slime_bocchi_by_walkman0_dg1rfr9-pre
joined Feb 18, 2021

I think the first couple doesn't work out, right?

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 8:49PM

joined Nov 22, 2021

re: special number 2. So, Seri and Shuoko have the exact same relationship problems as Sakurako and Kasumi. “If I try to put a label on it, it might ruin what we have.” How many different carbon-copy sexually ambivalent same-sex couples can the author write into one manga? It’s basically useless lesbian Invasion of the Body Snatchers at this point.

last edited at Dec 8, 2023 9:29AM

joined Jul 8, 2020

Wait. Shouko and Seri not dating? What. I always thought they already dating

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Same, I thought we had a special way back making it clear they were actually dating. Oo

joined Jan 14, 2020

Rich parents' rich friends trying to get their daughter (Seri) to be a sugar baby... O_O

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

How many different carbon-copy sexually ambivalent same-sex couples can the author write into one manga?

This might say something about the author's insecurities...

joined Dec 13, 2018

re: special number 2. So, Seri and Shuoko have the exact same relationship problems as Sakurako and Kasumi. “If I try to put a label on it, it might ruin what we have.” How many different carbon-copy sexually ambivalent same-sex couples can the author write into one manga? It’s basically useless lesbian Invasion of the Body Snatchers at this point.

it's jover

I thought they were making a thematic point with different contrasting relationships

we're bidone

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Christmas with the daughter. ^_^

joined Oct 3, 2016

Seri's relationship insecurity feels a little more melancholy than Sakurako's.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, Kasumi and Sakurako just haven't put a label on it because they don't feel a need to. They love and cherish each other and that's mostly enough. (though Sakurako has a little bit of buried frustration.)

Seri and Shouko definitely seem more like the traditional definition of "useless lesbians." Just straight up afraid to advance and risk losing what they have.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Yeah, Kasumi and Sakurako just haven't put a label on it because they don't feel a need to. They love and cherish each other and that's mostly enough. (though Sakurako has a little bit of buried frustration.)

Seri and Shouko definitely seem more like the traditional definition of "useless lesbians." Just straight up afraid to advance and risk losing what they have.

Yeah I was going to mention this. They're not the same situations at all.

Img_7569
joined Oct 4, 2023

Patience

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I finally got my copy of the last volume in. It's sad to know the series is over now. I've enjoyed it over the years, and I look forward to reading it all again in the future.

To reply you must either login or sign up.