Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't think I've ever before screamed in audible frustration on clicking and realizing I'd hit the last page. THIS is good Sci-Fi. It's hard to find anything recent that has this much thought put into it. Sure it's campy in ways, but the author uses science, speculates on idioms this culture could develop, and stays (mostly) in-universe for narration. Just the way it's written is already better than 90% of the stuff I find lately. And kudos to the translation team for making sure this all comes across! The SSM elements are just the icing on the cake for me.

(Okay, maybe I've been starved for decent science fiction for a while.)

last edited at Jul 22, 2024 3:22PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm just confused. What's the point of the Hinako & Asahi romance? It fells so forced. Is there a difference between "platonic couple" and BFF? Don't tell me now they're holding each other's hands a bit longer. "I love you, but not in a romantic / sexual way." We used to call it friendship.

Note the Ace/Aro tag.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Still a marriage is a big deal, representing the "final nail in the coffin," if we want to call it that...

A very bent nail, if you ask me. And I could easily see her husband becoming jealous of the ladies' relationship. I love Usui Shio's works, but this seems a messy ending all around.

Maybe messy is the point, relationships do be like that sometimes~

Oh, don't get me wrong; that's a big part of what I love about Usui's stuff. I'm just observing that it ends on a very unstable note. It's not a complaint.

People are going to continue the story in their heads, regardless of the author's intent. It remind me a bit of an assignment I had in class once. We had to write a story without a conclusion, but where the story could logically proceed to a good ending, a bad ending, or maintaining the status quo.

Yuki Kitsune
Yuri crush discussion 15 Jul 10:14
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always have this nagging feeling that Yuri crush tag actually means: Imma CRUSH yer YURI goggles tag, maybe it's because the language barrier.

I think more like, Hulk Smash ==> Yuri Crush . . . Maybe it could become our catch phrase. Yeah, no, just feeling silly.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Still a marriage is a big deal, representing the "final nail in the coffin," if we want to call it that...

A very bent nail, if you ask me. And I could easily see her husband becoming jealous of the ladies' relationship. I love Usui Shio's works, but this seems a messy ending all around.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Curiously it only happens at a specific page width. The key starts working when I resize the window or fiddle with the zoom level.

I'm not sure I can provide any useful info beyond that. For me it triggers when $(window).width() is like 1300-1350, above or below that everything's fine. Also no errors in the console when this happens.

That sounds like it's happening when you get a left/right scroll bar for a page.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is there a comic about a woman divorce her husband and has kids and ends up finding love with a woman? Or anything along those lines as broad strokes. I don’t care if she leaves her man to be with a woman or had already left him. I care more about there are children are involved with the story and the new mom aspect

Definitely Sweet Guilty Love Bites (part B).
Possibly Ebisu-san and Hotei-san, though the parenting aspect might be under-developed.
I Hope It's Sunny Tomorrow is focused on parenting with an established couple.

There's a few where the fact that one is a mother plays a part in the story, but I'm not sure any of these bring in the new mother element that you're looking for. Examples:
The Female Body
Up and Down/Helter Skelter (a two-parter)

Similarly, there's Run Away with Me, Girl, in which one of the characters is pregnant, so their commitment includes the understanding of becoming a parent, but the child only has a role in the final chapter.

And avoid Mama Mama unless you enjoy depressing twists and/or generally enjoy Amano Shuninta's work.

last edited at Jun 25, 2024 2:17AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Thanks for the suggestions! Had not come across a couple of these Webtoons; checking them out. (Seeing them really makes me wish Scale & Tale updated more often, though.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

What's your go-to story for when you're feeling down? My pet passed while I was driving her to the hospital this morning, and I could really use something fun and wholesome right now.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ From one of the April Fools' chapters of Sasameki Koto.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I am not sorry for necroing this thread because I think that this manga needs to be read at least once per year, so here's your kind reminder.

I don't even need to read it to have tears in my eyes, just seeing the thread bumped is enough. (But I still do, of course)

Saaaame . . .

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Formula for finding something good to read: go to Daphie's releases and search for something I haven't read yet.
This one's a win!

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

does anyone know of any yuris that's like themed around ice-skating? idrc much for other details, just that being a big plot point would be nice

Hopefully someone else has more luck, but the only yuri with ice skating I could find was a one-shot in Voiceful (https://sevenseasentertainment.com/books/voiceful/). (Looks like Lililicious dropped the project after it got licensed to Seven Seas.) Considering how common skating is in het manga, it's kind of surprising I can't more in yuri.

last edited at May 12, 2024 11:33AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Sorry to have asked but why the 'public transportation' tag? o.o?

See literally the first page of the manga? They meet on the train.

What did you think? o.o

As I understand it, some tags are guides to genre, some are content warnings, and some are just pattern recognition (like Not Lizard).

I still think it’s a scandal that there’s no Aquarium tag. (I don’t really think it’s a scandal, but . . .)

Tags are also there to help you find stories using the advanced search function when you only remember a few details about them. In this case, school girls, one with glasses, mostly meeting on the train. (And I agree, Aquarium tag would be useful.) Half the time I respond to posts in What's that manga called?, it's from a tag search just based on the clues they give.

last edited at May 12, 2024 11:47AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Hmmm... The first thing that comes to mind from that description is episode one of Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina. Anything more to go on? What kind of relationship did they have?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Cute . . . and a bit painful.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

There's something entertaining about a username meaning "triangle" posting only to a story called "How to Break a Triangle." (No criticism, I'm just easily amused by word games.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Does anyone recommend me about a "she fall first but she fall harder"???

Something like Candy maybe? Is that at least the dynamic you're looking for?

last edited at Apr 26, 2024 9:20AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Narita Megumu, professional lighthouse keeper, guiding the ships.

last edited at Apr 21, 2024 8:20PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ The Secret Stairs, one of my favorites!

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

As an autistic person, this is almost painfully relatable

Truth and mood.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I somehow missed the last 5 uploads, so I got to read 6 chapters (35-40) at once. What a ride! But I can't help but wonder how different it would have been to read some of that in Japanese, where the language is less gendered. (Edit: not intended as criticism of the translation, merely an observation on the linguistic challenges.)

P.S., it was supervised handholding. She made Ralaire stay with them.

last edited at Apr 9, 2024 2:09PM