Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

How could a parent hurt their child when they come out to them? I can never understand such cruelty.

Tell me about it. I mean, coming out as gay or trans is no easy thing. My kid ended up in counseling for a while, just trying to figure themselves out, never mind how to explain it to others. But now they feel guilty complaining about any little difficulties they face just because they've met so many people--through the counselors' group sessions and other organizations they've gotten involved in--who are in so much worse situations... homeless, disowned, beaten, abused in the name of religion...the list goes on. Breaks my heart sometimes.

Of course, explaining the surgery to the grandparents was no easy task, either. ;-)

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

1000¥ for a beverage? Just how bad is the water shortage in Japan?

Yuki Kitsune
Two Spirals discussion 05 Mar 10:44
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

I realize that "Two Spirals" is the official English title, but just to point out: らせん is more properly translated as "helix," as in 二重らせん, a double-helix.

Yuki Kitsune
Scandal discussion 04 Mar 23:23
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

The relationship with Nagisa wasn't all that healthy either and she was kind of controlling.

Unless Nagisa already knew something about Ayane or her intentions. In that case her behavior would make sense. Perhaps there's some history between them that a sequel would reveal.

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

An angel programmer? Yes please

This calls for a New Game crossover!

(Man, if I could learn an entire language from an afternoon at the library, though...)

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

And there's that chocolate orange again. It's almost becoming leitmotif with Takemiya Jin.

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

< Reads ch.26 >
< Checks to see if author is the same as Qualia the Purple. >

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

[monotone] Oh, goody, and here I was worried that it might end too quickly.

Yuki Kitsune
Ovum discussion 15 Jan 12:15
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Needs a "depressing" tag or something :(

It's Anise. That should count as a tag in itself: part story, part social commentary, and part commiseration.

Yuki Kitsune
Reversible discussion 11 Jan 19:13
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Amazes me, how much the art style changed from the first one to this one. Not saying I like one better than the other, but it feels really different.

Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is that a tattoo I spy?

Edit: Guess she has more than one. Anyone know: does Korea not have the same aversion to tattoos that most Asian countries do, or is it just a sign of how progressive this artist is?

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 11:02PM

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

I've got the biggest, stupidest grin right now ... and it just won't go away! Love this series!

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Man, I feel so bad for Andou-san. Every meeting is transformative. (And if that last page is canon...)

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

OMG! How many times have I read this without catching the Charlotte's Web reference?!?

What was it?

Opening words: "Cirque Arachne: a troupe of acrobats named after a spider-woman." (Reference to Greek mythology)
Acrobat performing as if in a web: Lotte, or more formally Charlotte (ch.1, pg.10).

Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

This one popped into mind recently. Almost a year since the last update. Is Jimi dead?

Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Not sure why, but ch4 really got to me. I mean, everything's been depressing up to now, but this was just like sadness laid bare. I feel like the simplicity of it somehow conveys so much more.

Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Guys, you know that couples that don't have sex also exist, right?
In fact there's quite a few lesbian couples that barely have any sex, if at all.

True, but generally both people in that couple share similar lacks of interest in sex. It's a lot more complicated when one is ace and the other is actively interested in sex.

Fueko and Asuna from The Feelings We All Must Endure come to mind.

Yuki Kitsune
Amanchu! discussion 21 Sep 23:53
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Insta-fav! Thank you for uploading!

Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

"My virginity has nowhere to go, but it sure as hell isn't going to you guys."

I don't know whether to be sad or relieved.

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

I think I like G-B-G triangles a lot better when G-G wins. Or at least hopeful, like 20, 21.

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 9:33AM

Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Someone mind explaining the sudden nosebleed?

Nosebleed? You mean this? Wasn't that just a delayed reaction to when she got hit upside the head?

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

My first thought was, "Please, not the amnesia trope again," but I enjoyed the silliness, and I loved the twist. Looking forward to more.

Yuki Kitsune
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't mind, just so long as I get to read it in English I really don't care if there's overlapping text and stuff. In all honesty, I'd sacrifice the re-drawing entirely if it meant quicker releases, as mean as I know that is...

Agreed. Just like I prefer Japanese sound effects, I don't mind having the original text present sometimes. Especially when it seems like the creator intended it to contribute aesthetically.

But if you're talking about the cropping, yeah, I don't know the technicalities but I feel like that could be better. There are even parts where the panel seems to end at the very top of the next page. There's gotta be a reason they couldn't just cut it off at the actual end of the panel, right? Are they just doing it automatically by length? Weird... Not like I can't get used to it, though.

Having a bubble cut in half, I can almost deal with -- not too different from when a sentence gets broken across panels in print mange. The worst one was when the text was on one page and the expression of the person speaking was on the next. It totally changed the interpretation for me.

Yuki Kitsune
Kase-san discussion 18 Aug 01:18
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

Edit: I just noticed that chapter 9 is on the "Most Popular of Past 7 Days" sidebar. How many of you are willing to bet it's because people heard about new chapters being published, went to the Kase-san page on Dynasty, then immediately scrolled down and clicked the item at the bottom of the listing?

I'm thinking it's because it's always the "next" chapter after the most recent one posted. Aug.9: read 12-14, click next; Aug.12: read 15, click next; Aug.15: read 16, click next; etc. Gets a lot of traffic that way.

Yuki Kitsune
Kano x Kano discussion 17 Aug 09:00
Hummingfluff
joined Jan 31, 2015

So many cute couples on the cover! (Plus what looks like a rather steamy student x teacher pairing.) Are there more stories coming? Or are these all Hirari stories that just haven't been linked to the Kano x Kano anthology?