Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Aaaaaawkward

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

ZoeyT posted:
"What are your intentions regarding my daughter? Are you going to hook up? Because I wouldn't be opposed to that, you see."

Imouto be like

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

/clicks on discussion with trepidation.
/sees OrangePekoe's post at the top.
/thinks "Yup, this is the community that we know and love!"

Nya-chan posted:
Looks like a standard josei thingy, much like sweet boy.

Nothing to write home about imo, but to each their own.

Agreed (on this one--I like Sweet Days with a Boy). The setup, at least, feels pretty derivative. Like, it's fun, but it's nothing I haven't seen before. And maybe that's just the result of being a manga/anime consumer for over 40 years.

I'll need to give a few chapters to see where it goes.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 10:29AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Look under the profile pic. Under yours it says "2 lists" because your Read and Favorites lists are public. Under mine it says "3 lists". Only thing is that you have to be logged in to view them.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Doesn't the Japanese name for the game Tag have the word "oni" in it? I feel like there's some lost double meaning there. (Not that Nagori Yu is especially subtle.)

last edited at Jan 4, 2022 6:41PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

runrin posted:

[snip]
kinda reminds me of adachi in that way.

I keep having to remind myself which events happened in which series...but only when reading this one. Never have that problem reading Adachi and Shimamura for some reason. And the clue that I'm getting them mixed is usually when I realize, "But Koguma's not that assertive..."

Yuki Kitsune
Pink Ribbon discussion 03 Jan 14:09
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I had a tough time getting into this one because of the cutsiness of it, but there was clearly so much love for it in the comments that I left it in my "To Read" folder. The art style itself reminds me of a successful blend between manga and Disney aesthetics. But once I adjusted my expectations on that front, I really enjoyed it.

So a big Thank You to all who posted the positive comments that got me to read this one through to the end!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

(Also note that, at least in the US, Subarus are the stereotypical lesbian car.)

In Colorado, owning a Subaru just makes you a local. Lots of jokes/memes about it.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Error in the "Also known as" for Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru: "A Tropical Fish Yearns For Sea" should be "...Yearns for Snow"
(Thanks to BeanBeanKingdom for pointing this out.)

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 11:40AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Really, the greatest trick Tarou-sensei could pull right now would be not deceiving us: an actual kiss, because none of us really believe that it could actually be true right now. We've been conditioned to not take what Hino does and what we're shown at face value (just like Koguma), and the greatest payoff will eventually come through not fooling us.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world they did not kiss."

(Sorry, just had to.)

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 3:30PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I have to admit, I enjoyed this series when it started, but I've really lost my enthusiasm along the way. I probably have some attachment to Akihito because Blue Drop was what first introduced me to the term " yuri ", but this just feels gratuitously provocative at this point. He has things that I like, but there's also plenty that just doesn't appeal to me. And it wouldn't surprise me to find that the things I like don't appeal to those who like this or Sisterism or the like. Not a criticism; just different tastes.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

At this point, they could be in the midst of hot, ardent sex, and Koguma would still be thinking, "But does Hino really like me that way?" The only thing this series likes to do more than trolling Koguma is trolling the readers. I'll believe nothing until it's explicit.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 1:57PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Anyone got a recommendation for a completed series around early 2010s or maybe older? Any genre is fine with me as long as you think it's good!

2010 or earlier, any genre? Well, then I'll have to recommend my favorite manga of all time:
https://mangadex.org/title/1a69d1cc-b060-4f35-8778-4621424fe5f4/yokohama-kaidashi-kikou

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Spam-bot user:Simako

Yuki Kitsune
Yuri List 17 Dec 13:52
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

What about things like "Hoshi to Hana" that have been removed for licensing, but where the licensed version isn't available yet?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Could you give me your arm?"

He's smooth AF, and he doesn't even realize it. LMAO

Yuki Kitsune
Dynasty Scans Twitter 14 Dec 10:58
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Poster above me seems sus here too

@BV
1. If you respond in the same thread as the post you are suspicious of, the moderators are no more likely to read your post than the one you are referring to. You're better off posting to the FAQ/Help/Suggestions thread with a link to the referenced post/user.
2. Take a look at your other post to see the problem with referencing the "poster above me." Sometimes posts get deleted.

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 11:00AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wait what it got an anime adaptation??? 0-0

Yup, was announced in July. Slated for 2022 (I don't see anything more specific, though). Looks promising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1IWguG6w8&t=60s

Update: scheduled to start Spring 2022.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 4:00PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Hello! im looking for a yuri manga that’s not on this website but still hope someone could find it,, I forgot the title but i think the premise was about this mom who meets this construction worker bc of her child wandering and falls in love with her? or something along those lines

I know exactly which one you mean (don't recall the name, though), but the fact that I can't find it makes me think it may have been a victim of "The Great Binbou Purge of '21." My mind might be playing tricks, but I recall it having a sketch-like quality to the artwork?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Someone once asked why I read yuri, and I explained that traditional romance stories felt more like a battle of wills, where the protagonists clash until one of them gives in. It rarely feels healthy. Stories where the protagonists mature while cooperating to reach a common goal just feels more common in yuri stories, but it is by no means exclusive to the genre.

I'm honestly not sure if this story qualifies as romance, but it certainly qualifies as love. I really enjoy watching as they support each other during their simple journey through daily life. There's no hint of changing to suit the other's preferences, only the desire to become a better person for the sake of the other, and the genuine encouragement they give for each other's efforts. It's just...beautiful.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Subscribed. Though I'm surprised they're not starving by the end of chapter 3. And "what do you want to eat?" -> but you have no money.

IKR... Searching for the bike, 3-hour walk, house cleaning, talking about food, and still no food available. I'm getting sympathy hunger pangs just reading this.

I was talking to my friend about this manga today and apparently it's actually somewhat common in Japan for people to have unused homes in rural areas, with the aging population and urbanization. You inherit the property but can't uproot your life to properly use it.

I've also heard that property often depreciates in value in Japan.

I mean, it's mostly the same thing as everywhere else. Old buildings are more run down and less attractive than new ones. Land values go up and down based on demand; demand in Japan's countryside is particularly going down, but the US has lots of ghost towns too, plus semi-evacuated inner cities.

The one distinctive thing is a strong bias against used houses, so those depreciate particularly quickly in resale value. (Flip side, that might mean you can get nice deals if you have a Western attitude -- though perhaps such houses aren't built to last.) Of course if you're anywhere near a big city, the land is probably most of the cost of the house+land package.

No DIY culture in Japan, so that's one issue. Another is that ownership laws can make it really difficult to deal with abandoned properties in rural areas. A lot of times, the original owners pass away, but the government can't necessarily track down the current owners to even ask them to sell. And the local government can't just call it abandoned and sell it off. They literally have land that has been inherited by people who don't even know that they own it. On the other hand, you can get some amazing deals in some of these rural areas. I seem to recall Wakayama selling plots for around $500 not too long ago.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Why don't we keep the pages for all works removed from the reader (like this) again? It'd make easier to find those orphaned threads...
On the same topic, I'm not sure there're enough cases to justify this, but maybe we can use a Licensed tag or something so we can spot those more promptly?

That works for collections where there's a landing page, but for oneshots you would go straight to the first page, which is no longer there. That's what confused me on Ikenai Hito -- it looks these were released as oneshots, so they would no longer be an active link.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Reminds me a little of Dungeon Meshi. Looks like it could be fun.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Edit: Is it standard to get rid of anything associated with a manga that gets pulled from the reader? I had occasion to go looking for Ikenai Hito recently, and I just realized that it looks as if all associated discussion also vanished.

Hmm...no, it's not standard at all. Some threads may be hidden from public view for any number of reasons, but unless they were legally forced to, I can't think of why discussion threads would be remove entirely for content no longer on the reader. I did search and I found this? And this and that. Is that everything...?

Ah, are those discussions for individual chapters/one-shots? If there wasn't a page for the collection, that might explain it. Not sure how to search for a discussion page. Nothing came up when I tried the reader's search function.

I try to keep Licensed material that's no longer on the site in a separate List when I can, for reference.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 5:31PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

In what order do items appear when I add them to my Reading Lists? I can't tell if it's by date added to my list or release date or something else entirely.

Is there any plan to add the option to alphabetize them?

Edit: Is it standard to get rid of anything associated with a manga that gets pulled from the reader? I had occasion to go looking for Ikenai Hito recently, and I just realized that it looks as if all associated discussion also vanished.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 3:40PM