Forum › Boys Gilding the Lily Shall Die discussion

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I see the comment section is really in favor of the “boys shall die” part of the concept

Screenshot_20220418-181859_chrome
joined Jul 6, 2022

I see the comment section is really in favor of the “boys shall die” part of the concept

but of course
why wouldnt it

Screenshot_20220418-181859_chrome
joined Jul 6, 2022

i see man hate i click

joined Aug 21, 2017

Spicy story spicy discussion

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

You just know this story came about because they knew the leads of hibike eupho had too much chemistry to date mediocre dudes

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

i haven't read this yet i just feel like the title is so aggressive and it's amusing

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

It's basically this site's motto.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Got the feeling it lacks of at least one important tag.

"Het"?

https://c.tenor.com/PuNQB7PFeHwAAAAC/bi-bisexual.gif

like some one already said, we have to see if the author pulls the yuri card in the last chapter before giving it the bisexual tag >.>

I don't really care about the tags, I just wanted to post the nsync meme.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

This isn't love triangle, it's love trumpet.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Anyone else getting NTR vibes from this? I can't go through that again.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that from all we can see right now, Chihaya seems to be genuinely happy to play alongside Hibiki and shas zero problem with Hibiki having a boyfriend because the way she sees it, Hibiki loves music way more anyway just like her.

And that's why Hibiki is her one and only.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Honestly I'm mostly here because I saw the artist post old woman yuri.

joined Feb 27, 2023

And drop ! I have enough with this trope of a cold introvert and a selfish extravert. With one only living for her love of music and the other doing "bad things" to steam off from the pressure she has by being the daughter of two prestigious musicians.
Also, a love triangle with whom ? The faceless boyfriend or the kouhai who is not even in the cover and has 0 change to end with the MC.
But Really ! Beginning your yuri manga a het kiss ! Next step, beginning a yuri manga with the girl getting fuck by a guy ? Oh, sorry we already have that :/ ! That such a great way to turn you off from continuing your reading. At least for me

Holy fucking chad. Took the words out of my mouth…
Fucking hate het in my yuri (het guy btw)

joined Apr 29, 2020

this series has such a great title I really hope it follows through on that energy, and doesn't just have the girl be with Mr generic for 90% of the series while getting with the other girl right at the end.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

You people do realize this doesn't have to be written specifically to match your tastes, right? Not everyone likes the same types of stories as you. What you consider yuri heresy may be someone else's cup of tea.

Besides, you're not even paying to read here. Chill, please.

Oh and @randm this was answering the other comments, not yours. Yours is fine.

last edited at May 26, 2023 7:46AM

joined Apr 10, 2021

I trust the champions of tolerance in this site/thread are never upset when people out there, every day, say stuff like "Fucking hate gay in my games/anime/movies/school library" and just nod along, like "mm, yes, it's fair"

other approach is to say say it's lgBt, you massive fanatics

we will fucking literally never have a good society where people won't hate others due to external things over their own personality and deeds.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

@Porrima, sorry, I don't quite follow your argument. You're complaining about... what exactly?

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

What in the steamed hams is happening in this forum??
'Sgood for a first chapter tho. Cucumber cool mc doesn't seem to feel that bad about first seat being taken from her since transfer student genuinely likes music. It's a refreshing take on rivals(?). It's too bad some people drop it because of het but to each their own.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

The title of this manga is pure gold

(Pun not intended)

Img_1426
joined Sep 23, 2022

If you guys hate the guy now it's best to leave cause you aint gonna like the other chapters especially when there's more of them making out, he starts getting a face and gets lines, lol.

Jokes aside I saw the some of the jp chapters and im interested in the mc a bit so I'll keep giving this a read. The mc seems cool headed for the trumpet but I hope she isn't there to be just a cuck (sorry I couldn't think of a better term)
I'm honestly not a fan of people who make out right in front of others. Im saying this as someone with a bf. Small kisses and affections are fine but fully making out is gross. It's mostly straight people that do this the most but it's weird to me no matter what sexuality or age cause they could've done that shit anywhere else but decided they need an audience. ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)

joined Sep 3, 2017

i think i might like it, even with the man, bc im a fan of when the boyfriend loses to the lesbian in these stories (i might be a bit of a bitter gay) but if the guy gets real character status and its a lot of our main girlie pining after a straight girl with the hetness shoved in my face i will probably drop it then lol

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Glorious title. I'm all in!

joined Jan 3, 2020

What a fantastic title. Drew me in.

I'm against straight/sapphic love triangles that go the straight way, but I'm fine with it if they end up going the sapphic route. The problem is that you normally can't tell, and if it ends up going the straight route late into the story, it's absolutely heartrending (too much like real life).

But with that title, the author is saying "don't worry, I'm not gonna do that to you". I mean, what a curveball it would be to do it anyway, but I assume the author's intentions aren't malicious, lol.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I'm against straight/sapphic love triangles that go the straight way, but I'm fine with it if they end up going the sapphic route. The problem is that you normally can't tell, and if it ends up going the straight route late into the story, it's absolutely heartrending (too much like real life).

But with that title, the author is saying "don't worry, I'm not gonna do that to you". I mean, what a curveball it would be to do it anyway, but I assume the author's intentions aren't malicious, lol.

Yeah from I could gather the Line editorial staff made a note saying there's some events at the beginning but the story is a proper yuri story. There's more characters though, so who knows what happens with these two specifically. We'll see. But with the title (which also seems like it should be a question, not a statement), it seems the guy will be prominent in whatever ways but you should be fine reading on. If that helps. Although being Yuri doesn't mean there won't be drama, of course. It seems the boy is a chill guy, possibly? Just existing but I guess that's the joke of the title's question. The Line note seems to want people to relax.

Someone else can translate as well:
【LINEマンガ編集部おすすめコメント】
トランペット1stを吹くことに誇りを持っていた片桐。そこに全国レベルの強豪校で1stを吹いていた転校生、相川が現れて……。
青春。青い空。吹奏楽。百合。そして間に挟まる健気な男の子。
女子吹奏楽部員たち(と男の子1名)の、名前のつけられない感情を描く、バカっぽいタイトルからは計り知る事が難しい青春群像劇です。

出だしのパンチがありますが、ちゃんと百合です。ご安心して読み進めて下さい。

What a fantastic title. Drew me in.

I agree! Some of these reactions are interesting considering the title is so self aware and anticipates these kind of responses. From my understanding, it should be a question mark though, like asking a question.

last edited at May 28, 2023 9:13AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

i might be a bit of a bitter gay

Aren't we all?

To reply you must either login or sign up.