Forum › Boys Gilding the Lily Shall Die discussion

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Huh. Tokyopop picked it up. Two volumes out this fall.

It's definitely popular so makes sense.

Don't get me wrong. I like it so I'm glad it's picked up. It's the Tokyopop part... It's got to be 1 to 50 BL over GL there. Probably more. I can't even think of more than a couple GL of note and they're either done or about to be and neither are of this tone. It seems like an odd match.

Fair, although unless a publication exclusively pushes girl's love, wouldn't BL always win out on sheer volume? They handle all the Ana Sanchez girl's love releases (Sirius, Alter Ego, Alter Ego 2) and a few other good ones, so I've never really thought about their content strategy much. I don't assume customers will care who the publisher is though, but I don't know anything about that anyway. I'm mostly talking out of my ass.

last edited at Mar 23, 2024 6:48PM

joined Apr 2, 2023

They handle all the Ana Sanchez girl's love releases (Sirius, Alter Ego, Alter Ego 2) and a few other good ones, so I've never really thought about their content strategy much. I don't assume customers will care who the publisher is though, but I don't know anything about that anyway.

Glancing at my collection and the only Tokyopop I own is Still Sick, a random Yuri Espoir, and my childhood KareKano collection. Maybe they just don't get titles I notice. Or are bad at promoting.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

tbh, I'm slow on this manga because it's redraw heavy, the bubbles are narrow vertically and the Japanese is extremely colloquial, making it difficult to give it justice.

Plus, people are complaining all the time because there's a guy... :P

I probably won't drop it, but TP may overtake me if they publish whole volumes at a time, so if people are interested, they buy it from them. Dunno about the quality of their releases though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.