Forum › Posts by Golden Brown

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I'm assuming we're about to see what happens when one goes, but not the other. I'm betting on one of two outcomes:
1) A reset like what's been happening already, or
2) Kinka totally does die from the train, and Kazura thinks that the curse has been lifted, and goes to off herself -- and then once they're both dead, the reset happens.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Art is shockingly and pleasantly top-notch. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Chapter 17 has the general making expressions like a gyaru gossiping in class, and it's great.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

hey lovelies i just finished the whole series and it was actually so good i’m gonna cry… there’s like 42 chapters tho so we r… gonnna wait a whileee for the eng translations but it’s def worth it cos this ending was better than GTB not gonna lie lmaoo

I will hold you to that.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

... Next chapter April 4th, huh.

Heh.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

“You gotta change something so that everything stays the same.”
-- Lampedusa, Il Gattopardo, 1958

I wasn't expecting a quote from Il Gattopardo here. A person of culture, I see. (ღˇ◡ˇ)b

The quote originally mocked so-called progressive politicians who make a big deal of cosmetic changes and actually help protect the establishment. I guess it can be applied to the plot development of certain works of fiction.

Cool! I have now a new reference to use when I comment on things like The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All.

It hurts because it's accurate!

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Holy shit. This ride just took a turn.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

What's peoples take on Mao's little hearts when Narita appears (and she's looking at him)? Maybe a side couple?

That is what it looks like when someone goes kyaa~ internally.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Chapter 4 Naori: "We're not living together. You're just lodging here."
Chapter 36 Naori: "The two of us are living together."

Progress. Gotta love it. (Also curse the Japanese language for having multiple words that all translate to "living together" in English but have wildly different implications).

What are the implications in this case?

To use a more stiff translation of what's on p17, Isuzu is asking Naori if she is spending her life living in this house with the next Shuten-doji in an implied "you seriously living like this?" kinda manner, whereas Naori responds by saying a more affirmitive "the two of us live in this house together", with the implication that this has become "their house" as opposed to just "Naori's house and also Hinata is there".

Oh my. You've truly earned your name, today.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

While y'all are here talking about stimulating non-existent prostates, Ming Wei and Lan are over there being cute as all fuck.

Better than the main couple, even.

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 2:29AM

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I don't usually put too much attention into those little banner narrations but since you've mentioned it, I presume it to be short for TOkyo School of the Arts, since that seems to be where she's looking to apply as well

Oh! That makes sense; thanks! I assumed it was a region or town or something.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Itou still the best and the cutest.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Okay, this is now the second time I've seen this on this site, so it's probably someone in the translation pipeline that doesn't know.

You do not "get hit by a heatstroke" in English. First off, there's no such thing as "a heatstroke". It's just heatstroke, no article.

Second, the phrasing should be just "she got heatstroke" or "she came down with heatstroke". Technically speaking, a doctor might say "so and so was suffering from heatstroke", but that's more of a diagnostic/clinical run-down. For most situations, you just stick with the former.

That said, thanks for the chapter!

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 7:59PM

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Ah man your mom let you have TWO miracles?? Lucky

I was honestly expecting the bully to show up and help pull her up, and while that may have been hokey at lease it would have made sense

I was really hoping for that, too. Damn shame.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

OH NO WHAT A TWIST

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I still can't used to the gender bended uncle to aunt

Look she just transitioned so hard, she transitioned backwards in time as well.

Until you two mentioned it, I thought I was just mis-remembering that there was an uncle.

It's pretty wild for this to happen with zero explanation. I wonder if this is somehow an intentional plot point or if the author just forgot.

It's....It's a different character? People can have more than one relative.

Her uncle works in the fishery and her aunt works on the docks, from what I can tell.

No they're the same character, the uncle now aunt lived alone before Furuka crashed there. The author retconned the character into being a woman.

Oh.

That's... A weird choice to make. Especially when the in-story timeline is so short.

In other news, I love high-contrast monochrome art and scenery so fucking much. As does the artist, it seems.

Also, I'm reminded again how damn cute Furuka is. Criminally so.

I believe she is going for the direct approach.

Pffff

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Biiiiiiig Can-do Self-Reliant Shoujo Protagonist Energy coming off this girl.

biches love witches

Just look at Marisa. Got so many she has to beat them off with a stick.

That's a bad place to get slivers.

Also, I'm already far more invested in this particular reverse isekai into a remote Japanese community than I was with the one with the knight lady. ...I think that might make me more shallow.

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 3:49PM

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_love_yet_to_bloom_ch12#5

...I wasn't the only one who, for a second, thought that said "Future Gods Survey", right?

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

a chain made with intentionally spiked links

That's fuckin' metal.

grabs her hand

takes notice of it

beautiful, lily-framed highlight of cute, awkward, two-finger interlaced hand-holding
next panel shows that it's still just the grabbed hand

Damn, girl. Somebody better put the Wishful Thinking tag on this chapter.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

The Yuri of Vermeille

I can only assume, by the name and the poster, that this is some kind of steampunk parody of the Rose of Versailles. Which sounds awesome.

Golden Brown
Asako discussion 02 Jan 02:34
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Oh shit

What's that whistling sound

It's the hype train, son.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Geez I saw the step and freaked out for a moment. I definitely was expecting an injury/coma moment

Saaaaame. There's a lot of things you can accuse this manga of being and doing, but pulling shit like that isn't one of them, thankfully.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

1x1/2 was really good but apparently it's getting redone and overhauled, or something?

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I have to wonder if this is a kind of reverse Jim Morrison reference.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

This ending might have been a little rushed, but it still worked out pretty well, all things considered.

Also a good reminder of the dangers of white chicks.