Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

There's a physical resemblance but Mitsuki wouldn't call an actual relative '' Kanna-san'', so I guess that theory is out. An old flame of her uncle maybe?

No real reason she wouldn't call an aunt by her name if she got used to it.

For that matter, is there any reason why all the assumptions are that she is the uncle's ex instead of current wife/lover? IIRC, there was no mention of the uncle's status so far.

I'm guessing she would refer to her as ''Oba-san'' if she were her aunt (she always calls her uncle ''Oji-san''). We'll know soon enough I guess!

That's a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer being called by name rather than their place in the family hierarchy.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

There's a physical resemblance but Mitsuki wouldn't call an actual relative '' Kanna-san'', so I guess that theory is out. An old flame of her uncle maybe?

For that matter, is there any reason why all the assumptions are that she is the uncle's ex instead of current wife/lover? IIRC, there was no mention of the uncle's status so far.

I'm guessing she would refer to her as ''Oba-san'' if she were her aunt (she always calls her uncle ''Oji-san''). We'll know soon enough I guess!

That's a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer being called by name rather than their place in the family hierarchy.

Yeah, my niece and nephews call me by a nickname.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Yes the "your Uncle still comes here often?" is what makes me think it's been a while since Kanna been there/talked with Joe

Plus, when Mitsuki says Kanna's English is good Kanna replies "I mean... I've been living there for years now", which would indicate that she's only here on a visit, or at least has only recently returned to Japan.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

She all grown up.

Also,studly enough for the siblings to scream boyfriend.

Gotta find out more,fwokay?

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Why? Because it's a narrative trope, that's why.

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

that moment where Aya sees Mistuki speaking English and everything and realizes that she really doesn't know that much about her hit me kinda hard idk why. But I hope Aya takes this as an opportunity to get to know her better! And the fact that Mitsuki still dropped everything to walk her home was really sweet ;-;

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

that moment where Aya sees Mistuki speaking English and everything and realizes that she really doesn't know that much about her hit me kinda hard idk why. But I hope Aya takes this as an opportunity to get to know her better! And the fact that Mitsuki still dropped everything to walk her home was really sweet ;-;

Same here, really glad for that move that Koga did or could easily transform in a drama/angst moment :p

And I think what Aya felt there is something similar to what Koga have been feeling constantly, that "exclusion" feeling, because (from my point of view) not only touch the " I still dont know her", which for Aya was "okey, I will try to be more close to her!"; but at the same time that derived in "ah, not only I dont know her, but this is totally different from what I normally see" (a stranger), like the manga show it, there was a "cut of spaces", a difference of "" lifes "". So yeah....pretty hard hahaha

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

She all grown up.

Also,studly enough for the siblings to scream boyfriend.

Gotta find out more,fwokay?

She can do it, it's all up to her, fwokay?
With a little plan, she can change her life today

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

this artist is incapable of designing characters who aren't stupidly hot

also love that she just avoided a romance manga trope with sheer handsome energy. hell yeah.

last edited at May 16, 2023 6:39PM

joined Aug 12, 2022

If you like this manga, you can vote for it here in the web manga category: https://t.co/epaRkU8yRL

Source (with new art): https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1658464325735178241

last edited at May 16, 2023 8:35PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

All due respect, if you're not a japanese person living in Japan, it's not exactly the same. Not saying it's impossible, but the social stigma against referring to a relative in an informal way is MUCH higher in Japan.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, she could have called her oba-san if it was her aunt, but then she looks young enough (in her late 20s?) and oba-san invokes a much older lady an it'd be a bit impolite.

I personally think she's from the uncle's circle (music lovers hanging out in the same live houses) and he brought Mitsuki there when she was little, so she knows her. That she and the uncle were a thing is still speculation. But at least, we knows she's been living abroad and just (recently?) returned.

last edited at May 17, 2023 2:49AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

SHRIEK! I will always say mom's have it rougher than I ever did in the military.

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

I'd love to see more about Joe's backstory. We now got a brief glimpse from Kanna about his past life choices. Maybe this topic about going overseas will be a bigger part of the story, as it now may seem. I'm eager to see how the story will further develop :)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's probably just about the family/uncle's background, but hopefully no "going overseas for some years timeskip" sorta ending. It's been done ... a few times too often ^^;

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Ah, that's his ex and they broke up because he didn't wanna go to America.
Good on you Uncle Joe, moving to America to follow my mom was what gave my dad depression

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

If Mitsuki moves to L.A., then she might get exposed to industrial levels of gay.

But on the other hand, we could get a beautiful slow burn angsty LDR, which I wouldn’t be opposed to…

joined Aug 1, 2022

Poor Uncle Joe. I could really go for seeing a cute heart to heart with his neice about her future. Personally i bope she stays not just for her girl friend but because she wants to.

joined Mar 23, 2022

when everyone sees mitsuki as a smooth player except she herself.XD
Looking forward for their good heart to heart talk next chapter, I bet she will gossip and ask about mitsuki's current love life status.XD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Suddenly, a kidnapping!

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Hmm, I think that it's Kanna and Joe that need to talk.

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

This new character seems frustrating.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't think people expected the angle of her pushing for an over seas move, I know I certainly didn't at least.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

and so, the mysteries Kanna-san is an old friend of Joe and she has taken (kidnapped) young Smoothsuki away. what will become of her now?! will Kanna convinced her to come to Amercia? can Joe put a stop to this? will Aya ever confess to Mitsuki? or live to regret it?

stay tune in the fast and the furious time jumping chapters of TGSWIIWAGAA-2Gay2Play

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I don't think people expected the angle of her pushing for an over seas move, I know I certainly didn't at least.

Well, most people's initial reaction to her appearance was that she would stir trouble. Maybe not specifically like this, but the development isn't too surprising.

To reply you must either login or sign up.