Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

joined Mar 5, 2022

It has been an honor, ladies :)

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Author tying it all together by showing Hino sucking on Koguma's breasts before cutting away.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Put me in the mild disappointment camp. This was one of my favourite ongoing manga for the first 15ish chapters or so. After that, it had kind of worn out its welcome with me with absolutely zero progression for a hundred chapters. And now that there was finally progress, it ended. I didn't hate it, but I would've liked this a lot more if they started going out much earlier. Especially with the central theme being teasing and making her do embarrassing things, that would have still worked perfectly fine with them as a couple the entire time. I feel like this manga was released in the wrong era. This was what I'd have expected from a 2013 manga, but in the Reiwa era one expects to see actual relationships depicted in their romcoms.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This was what I'd have expected from a 2013 manga, but in the Reiwa era one expects to see actual relationships depicted in their romcoms.

laughs in literally every other popular teasing romcom like Takagi-san, Uzaki-chan and Nagatoro

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Nice ending. And what a ride.

joined Sep 5, 2018

I can’t really relate to all these complaints.

I mean, most subtext in slice of life or gag manga never leads anywhere. At all. So readers complain that nothing came out of it. Then there’s manga with stronger subtext and the MCs are heavily implied to become a couple after the series ends, but nothing is actually shown. So readers complain that they wanted at least a confession or kiss. Then there’s non-subtext yuri manga where the MCs unambiguously get together, possibly with confession and kiss. In the last chapter, and then the series ends. So readers complain that they wanted to see more of their couple time and possibly a sex scene. If there actually is a sex scene, it’s right after the confession, like, two pages after.

Now this series starts of like any other SoL gag manga with subtext that leads nowhere, but this time it actually does lead somewhere, the MCs get together, with kiss, confession and sex scene. But it’s all spread out over a few chapters, so we do get to see some of their couple time and, as my personal favorite, they talk about having sex before actually having any and it’s even split across two chapters with quite some in-story time implied to pass in-between! Sure, I would’ve appreciated more couple time and teasing as a couple, but I’m fine with what we got, because based on the initial premise of SoL subtext, this is all that I hoped for and definitely more than I expected.

last edited at May 15, 2023 10:07AM

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Agreed. Of course, matters of taste are matters of taste. But "not happy, not content" seems to be the basic mode for many people these days. I found this to be a funny story with very cute art and great characters. It was a bit different than normal, had surprisingly some character growth (lol) and had a good and clear ending which is a bit rare.

And I think that the ending wasn't THAT fast. Maybe it just feels that way for some when the chapters have been coming out at a pretty fast pace lately? I don't know.

joined Oct 13, 2014

kinda meh ending imo

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Love how these authors can forever drag a good idea through the mud only to half-ass an ending.

This is 100 chapters too long and we never got closure for the true loli couple.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

And I think that the ending wasn't THAT fast. Maybe it just feels that way for some when the chapters have been coming out at a pretty fast pace lately? I don't know.

It feels fast because nearly all of the progress happens in the last 10% of the manga.

I liked the ending myself.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Agreed. Of course, matters of taste are matters of taste. But "not happy, not content" seems to be the basic mode for many people these days. I found this to be a funny story with very cute art and great characters. It was a bit different than normal, had surprisingly some character growth (lol) and had a good and clear ending which is a bit rare.

Yeah, it’s amazing how many people seem to have been reading this as primarily a rom-com devoted to an ultimate romantic end-game, when it’s been a (barely) subtext-y gag manga from the very beginning.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I can't believe even Hino-san have segs, but not Citrus.

joined Apr 14, 2022

This was what I'd have expected from a 2013 manga, but in the Reiwa era one expects to see actual relationships depicted in their romcoms.

laughs in literally every other popular teasing romcom like Takagi-san, Uzaki-chan and Nagatoro

Takagi-san is literally a 2013 manga, though. And it literally got an entire sequel dedicated to their life as a married couple, which has been running for 6 years. I don't think you could pick a worse counterpoint to my statement!

last edited at May 15, 2023 10:50PM

OnitsukaTiger
joined Nov 22, 2021

Kind of a bummer that we won’t get to see the depths of Hino’s depravity in the bedroom and Koguma “reluctantly” deciding to go along with it…

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Takagi-san is literally a 2013 manga, though. And it literally got an entire sequel dedicated to their life as a married couple, which has been running for 6 years. I don't think you could pick a worse counterpoint to my statement!

I mean, if you want to get all technical about it, Hino-san no Baka is a 2017 manga, therefore also being pre-Reiwa era. And the Takagi sequel is, aside from being a separate sequel series, which is not ruled out here either (even if there's probably little to no chance of it happening), from a separate author.

Sample_eddd25a7b299325e6bba61de4a51ee369a7c7b22
joined Mar 30, 2022

Now that it's over, I'm very disappointed with the relationship progression curve. I didn't like the stagnation after the third volume, it seemed like Tarou-sensei had no idea what pace to go with. And then he went and speedrunned the last 15 chapters or so, you can tell he just got bored and axed the series. I also expected more from the ending, it was very bland and haphazard, he didn't even bother with giving Chihiro and that loli any spotlight. It's a series that lasted 6 years and this is the ending it receives? Meh.

I hope this series allowed the author to improve his writing skills. Despite my criticism, I can't wait to read more of his works.

last edited at May 15, 2023 5:39PM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

the end of an era..
thank u kinniku tarou and translators for the lols in the past 4 years. ending felt super rushed and we didnt get much progress on their relationship till 3 years in but oh well

was hoping for a Moderate amounts of sex tag for edging us this long LOL

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

when it’s been a (barely) subtext-y gag manga from the very beginning

Authors of "barely subtext" manga typically don't end their manga with lesbian sex.

Thank you for informing me of that incredibly informative information.

By saying “barely” I assumed most sentient readers would understand “not quite an acknowledged relationship all along until the very end.”

The “gag series with some romantic development” is hardly a new approach to yuri manga.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

And then they fucked. The End.

Please tell me there's an epilogue or something.

Considering Hino san's hobby with leather and belts, the epilogue could be really spicy "and then they fucked harder"

joined Oct 21, 2013

Would've been nice to see what happened with Omi and Rin.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It would be possible to be more satisfied with an ending than I am with this one, sure. But I liked it, it was nice.

Jumbo_Senior
Jumbo-yotsuba-4810
joined Mar 31, 2023

Would've been nice to see what happened with Omi and Rin.

Would love to see Rin no Baka.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I love this series and the conclusion, their relationship was so much fun! I'm glad we got so many chapters with these two, and their relationship progression was great, thanks a ton for the translation! <3 <3 <3

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

They went out with a--oh, it was done already.

Owari. Thank you for all the fun.

last edited at May 16, 2023 7:42AM

BonnieBlue12
Stop
joined May 9, 2022

THE END OF AN ERA

what a great ride it was. I'll miss seeing new chapters pop up but a binge re-read will be fun to do down the line!

To reply you must either login or sign up.