Forum › Making Progress on Yuri Before the Deadline discussion

Untitled
joined Jan 23, 2022

After nearly a year, and we got Ayuutop?!?!?!

Untitled
joined Jan 23, 2022

Welp, i expected to see Ayu's monologue about why she decided to confess, just how we saw Yukari's monologue about why she accepted Ayu

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

I mean yeah, she's making herself pretty clear, I was only thinking about the parents - surely their daughter not finishing school makes them look even worse, I can't imagine that is seen as a positive to their standing in the community, no matter how homophobic it is.

Yeah, it's debatable but we don't know what kind of excuses they might give for her absence. There's a lot more wiggle room to assuage their position within the community when they have control of the narrative. They are so out in the country that their daughter didn't understand the basic culture of Tokyo, who is to say why their daughter had to suddenly leave? The problem with having their out-daughter there is they'd lack control of how their viewed.

last edited at Feb 16, 2023 11:09AM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Holy shyte she said she's gay to another person in a manga. Oh damn author has no issues going into sex with her right away.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The announcement that the scanlator can't get more raws seems to have passed without notice. Waiting for tankobon is not uncommon, but still.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Nice to see actual progress, confession, and sex in a yuri manga in a short time instead of +100 chapters of "I'm fine with not confessing to her, I just want to be by her side".

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

Man, the confession hit me in the heart, it was so precious and cathartic. On the other hand I don't really like that we are going to have a third girl, but well better this than anything, i guess.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hey,at least we didn't have to wait 100+ chapters just for them to start dating and another 100+ chapters before they get it on like Donkey Kong.

Mei lacks the emotional depth with which to resent this remark.

joined Jan 14, 2020

And also, I just realized that as the title insinuates, the yuri indeed progressed before Yukari made her deadline.

Hah! Nice catch.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

This series do live up to it name.

last edited at Feb 17, 2023 9:44AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The earlier comment about the national age is misleading though as that is not the age nearly any prefecture uses. It's mostly 16 or 18 throughout Japan, through other laws. They don't view things much different than we do.

I did say they bump up the age in many prefectures to at least 16.

The age of consent is only 13 in the national penal code, and both the national and prefectural laws restrict sexual activity under the age of 18 in some form. The national Child Welfare Act of 1947 bans coercive acts and prostitution under 18. The prefectural and local laws do set the age of consent higher than 13, but they come with some caveats. Such as "indecency", meaning the older party intended to exploit the teenager, or there was coercion involved. Intent is of course more difficult to prove than the age of the participants. The punishment for breaking these laws also tend to be too lax.

This is a good article about why the national and prefectural laws are currently insufficient to protect teenagers from sexual exploitation, and why there is a movement to raise the national minimum to 16: https://unseenjapan.com/fight-to-raise-national-age-of-consent (published in 2020, so a bit outdated)

This is also a good summary about the situation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Japan

More recent developments about a government panel drafting a proposal to raise the national AoC to 16: Nippon.com (2022) | Japan Times (2023)

Important to note that the proposed changes don't affect relations between minors: "[...] Intercourse with a person aged 13 to 15 will be punished if the perpetrator is five or more years older."

I'm very happy to see the update. I have mixed feelings about the quick escalation in chapter 12, but given the title I shouldn't be that surprised. I'm sure there are still a lot of challenges for these two in the future, so I'm not worried about the premise growing stale.

last edited at Feb 17, 2023 11:30AM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

That cat has 100% been traced from a picture or 3D model.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Wasn't it already implied Myaa already knows Aya was gay after talking with Aya's parents on the phone when she ran away?
Edit: nevermind, I must have misremembered what happened.

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 1:48AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

the third woman appears

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

Ah yes, the third woman

I was definitely expecting this to happen but it still caught me by surprise.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

never change dynasty forums

joined Mar 11, 2020

imagine my shock, whilst reading the final volume of "A Sister's All you Need," I suddenly put two and two together, and realize that this is written by the same author, and takes place in the same universe, featuring shared characters.

Mya-san the Editor, working for Branch Hill.....how could i have missed it. I also had no idea that this was based on a LN, anyone know where i could find translations of said LN?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

imagine my shock, whilst reading the final volume of "A Sister's All you Need," I suddenly put two and two together, and realize that this is written by the same author, and takes place in the same universe, featuring shared characters.

Mya-san the Editor, working for Branch Hill.....how could i have missed it. I also had no idea that this was based on a LN, anyone know where i could find translations of said LN?

Not only that, but the first chapter even gave us an age comparison with Chihiro to show us exactly where it fits in this universe's timeline.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Goddammit, we don't need a third wheel -_-

joined Mar 11, 2020

Not only that, but the first chapter even gave us an age comparison with Chihiro to show us exactly where it fits in this universe's timeline.

how TF did i miss that....

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I love it when authors create a shared universe with their stories, especially when they crossover. Too bad I haven't read the first story so I could truly appreciate it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I love it when authors create a shared universe with their stories, especially when they crossover. Too bad I haven't read the first story so I could truly appreciate it

Only seen the anime myself. I do plan to get around to reading it eventually, but right now I have enough trouble keeping up even just with the few LN series I'm already reading...

joined Feb 20, 2023

It hit me when reading the birthday chapter, did Ayu's family not send her anything?! If they did than Yunari probably wouldve noticed sooner. And it didn't even look like Ayu had communicated with any of them other than her cousin then either. What a subtly sad detail (assuming I didn't miss anything).

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Uhhh so translator san can't access the raws no more? What is the future of this manga then?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Uhhh so translator san can't access the raws no more? What is the future of this manga then?

Waiting for volume release. Probably the better choice anyway.

To reply you must either login or sign up.