Forum › Making Progress on Yuri Before the Deadline discussion

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

My biggest gripe is that not only the protagonist, but also a random fan, both had similar backstories, this author definitely have stronger feelings against bullying than anything else, probably personal experience.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Small typo on chapter 12 first page:
She's she's insensitive

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

This was one of the few times I've actually been taken aback by a confession scene in a manga. Felt like I got whiplash going immediately from Ayu seemingly being on the verge of tears from being found out, to sudden abrupt confession, with no real build up. Felt very strange, but I mean, I almost always like post-confession stories, so I'm here for whatever comes next.

I'm also really curious about Yukari's family situation; I kinda like that rather than being ostracized for being a mistress' child, she was doted on by her siblings due to being so much younger. XD

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Oh my golf, they lose their V card after confession.
This was far better than i was expected.
More become this probably the quickless couple that the author has make ( Haganai take many vol to had one anyway)

joined Jul 29, 2022

Ok then Sensei is bottom and there's probably other person in love with Sensei

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh my golf, they lose their V card after confession.
This was far better than i was expected.
More become this probably the quickless couple that the author has make ( Haganai take many vol to had one anyway)

"Oh my golf" LOL I'll be using that one from now on...

And also, I just realized that as the title insinuates, the yuri indeed progressed before Yukari made her deadline.

joined Nov 3, 2021

This was one of the few times I've actually been taken aback by a confession scene in a manga. Felt like I got whiplash going immediately from Ayu seemingly being on the verge of tears from being found out, to sudden abrupt confession, with no real build up. Felt very strange, but I mean, I almost always like post-confession stories, so I'm here for whatever comes next.

It did feel rather jarring, mostly because it happens as an almost immediate response to Yukari having a crisis of self-worth.

Which isn't to say that doesn't happen, but usually as a result of increased tension from listening to someone you adore put themselves down. So it kind of feels like there's a piece missing?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

"I just don't UNDERSTAND what LOVE is" is such a boring cliche in yuri. It's just a way to pad out the will-they-won't-they while still letting the primary couple do couple things together. I guess they got over it pretty quickly here, but it always makes me groan when it rears its ugly head.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

oh god 5 chaPTErs

edit: ok after a bit of lollygagging for a bit and then reading for the rest I finished, to be honest I read the ln like a year ago and I got to this point within it before the translated chapters stopped. It might be because I'm a cunt for stereotypical stuff but I love this manga/novel a lot. It's very fluffy, only problem for me is, y'know, 17. Though I still hold it deep inside of my heart.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 6:11PM

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

"I just don't UNDERSTAND what LOVE is" is such a boring cliche in yuri. It's just a way to pad out the will-they-won't-they while still letting the primary couple do couple things together. I guess they got over it pretty quickly here, but it always makes me groan when it rears its ugly head.

yeah i'm tired of these too, and I don't think they got over it, this will probably come back in a second climax where sensei figures herself out

Unrelated but I wanna say damn, the fan thing came out of nowhere and ended out of nowhere too, they just brushed over such a heavy topic and didn't really do anything with how sensei felt about it. A tip for the readers, the time when someone is about to have a panic attack is >not< the best time to confess ;)

just to be clear I still like this manga and will keep reading it don't hate me(ノ≧ڡ≦)

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 5:31PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

yeah i'm tired of these too, and I don't think they got over it, this will probably come back in a second climax where sensei figures herself out

From the sound of things they've already had a second climax . . . at least.

Must say I was quite surprised--I really had this figured for one of those "Nothing much happens forever" kinds of manga, where you get chapter after chapter of mild pining and some suggestive scenes and fanservice mixed with gags about deadlines and so forth. Then suddenly bam! confession and bang! they banged. I prefer it this way though, so that's fine.

I don't actually mind the cliche, but this is definitely on the more obvious end. "I really enjoyed sex with this woman, and she's the only person I've ever felt like I'd be devastated if she wasn't around--it's unlike the way I've felt about anyone else, ever! Oh and by the way, what's this 'love' thing everyone talks about?"

Gee, I wonder.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 7:03PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I didn't take it as her being a Yuu and being all WHAT IS LOVE BABY DONT HURT ME

but more like Crescent Moon and Doughnuts where it's like. I don't think I know nor feel it too much but I do know I cherish her and I don't want to make her sad. Those can be two distinct emotions. Especially with how fast it moves.

But also shocked how fast it took before the clamshucking began

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We are in the new aromantic/asexual dispensation—what used to be “I don’t know what love is—and the story is about to show me” is now likely to be “representation on the aro/ace spectrum.”

We just haven’t seen as much “aromantic but sexual” as we have “romantic but asexual.”

joined May 10, 2021

It has been a hot year before this update... But my fucking God what an update!
I didn't think things would work out that quickly for Ayu (though, the cliched "love rival that appears after the confession" will probably shake things up). The last two chapters really had my heart melt!
Thanks for the translation!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Maya02 posted:

The second you start doing this, you're giving yourself away. Stay away from kids if you know this much about this crap.

It's fine to dislike the manga for whatever reason, and to express your dislike of it here. Insinuating other posters are dangerous to fellow human beings is certainly not fine. First and last warning, don't do that again. Thanks.

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

We are in the new aromantic/asexual dispensation—what used to be “I don’t know what love is—and the story is about to show me” is now likely to be “representation on the aro/ace spectrum.”

We just haven’t seen as much “aromantic but sexual” as we have “romantic but asexual.”

It would be nice to go this way tbh, but I think it will end up not being aro after all; if this follows the cliche then the sudden rival will make her realize it's love. but if it does go aromantic I just think it's weird there was no other mension of sensei being aro before (that I remember of at least, correct me if wrong)

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 10:06PM

BaglReadsTheYuri
Ezgif.com-gif-maker
joined Sep 14, 2022

Man that felt insanely rushed. Our MC should be terrified to out herself in this situation and yet she goes in full tilt despite fully expecting to be rejected? My suspension of disbelief can't carry hard enough to make this make sense. The other girl having basically the same story but bad ending also feels weird and using it as a setup for her confession is... bad? Gross? I dunno I don't like it.
Also going from "I like you" to fucking in a single day is weird. That's a huge jump in their relationship. Feels like the author just wanted to get past the "maybe" stage to me and instead of writing that they hit their deadline and rushed it lmao

joined Sep 12, 2021

It would be nice to go this way tbh, but I think it will end up not being aro after all; if this follows the cliche then the sudden rival will make her realize it's love. but if it does go aromantic I just think it's weird there was no other mension of sensei being aro before (that I remember of at least, correct me if wrong)

I would like the aro route too but I agree that it's unlikely to happen.

There was a rather ambiguous moment in chapter 6. Sensei first said she was never interested in romance. Then she said "it's not 'romance' that I have no interest in." I thought she was implying that she wasn't into guys, but it could be referring to her wanting to be in a romantic relationship without romantic attraction.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I've read this for the first time, and out of all questionable things I'm somehow most bothered about the fact that.... she just seems to have completely quit school, and her parents and cousin are both fine with it? Like okay, she got suspended for a week or something, but we're clearly past that point, unless I guess this overlapped with vacation period or something... but it feels like this should be a bigger plot point than it actually is, since she surely needs to come back at some point, which will mean getting separated from sensei? :P

joined Dec 13, 2018

"worrying about material things like school is for straights"

-the buddha, probably

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I've read this for the first time, and out of all questionable things I'm somehow most bothered about the fact that.... she just seems to have completely quit school, and her parents and cousin are both fine with it? Like okay, she got suspended for a week or something, but we're clearly past that point, unless I guess this overlapped with vacation period or something... but it feels like this should be a bigger plot point than it actually is, since she surely needs to come back at some point, which will mean getting separated from sensei? :P

She's says she quitting school in the first chapter (the first convo she has with her aunt as she begs to stay with her). She couldn't have had much left considering her age now. I imagine her parents don't care about her since now she's away and can't harm their standing in the community.

last edited at Feb 16, 2023 8:15AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Yukari annoys me a lot, but it's probably because she does a lot of the things I do with ADHD, but it seems more like she just doesn't care than is ND of some stripe.

To my surprise, however, they made progress on yuri before a deadline.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

She's says she quitting school in the first chapter (the first convo she has with her aunt as she begs to stay with her).

She couldn't have had much left considering her age now. I imagine her parents don't care about her since now she's away and can't harm their standing in the community.

I mean yeah, she's making herself pretty clear, I was only thinking about the parents - surely their daughter not finishing school makes them look even worse, I can't imagine that is seen as a positive to their standing in the community, no matter how homophobic it is.

Also, I'll admit I kinda assumed that the obligation by law to attend school until you're 18 is more or less universal, but I'm not sure how does it work in Japan, I think in quite a few places that could land the parents in more serious problems rather than just shame.

last edited at Feb 16, 2023 8:30AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also, I'll admit I kinda assumed that the obligation by law to attend school until you're 18 is more or less universal, but I'm not sure how does it work in Japan, I think in quite a few places that could land the parents in more serious problems rather than just shame.

Compulsory education in Japan is only 9 years (i.e., through middle school).

If the parents don’t care at this point, the government certainly doesn’t.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Compulsory education in Japan is only 9 years (i.e., through middle school).

Should be the case in most places. 9 years or until you're 18, whichever comes first.

To reply you must either login or sign up.