joined Mar 11, 2020

what's going on in Page 9...? specifically, the bottom half of the page

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020

Hang in there Michi and you might wanna take up Kung Fu. Or get yourself a gun

unfortunately, being Japan, your options for self-defense are limited

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020

Also damn is having that big an age gap in an idol group a thing? I don't really pay attention to them much but I would expect a 16yo and a 22yo to be in different groups based on starting so far apart if nothing else.

Tomori Kusunoki and Akari Kito were both members of Nijigasaki at the same time (until Tomori retired) and that's a 5 year age gap. (1999 and 1994 respectively)

also from Love Live, Liyuu and Naomi Payton are 6 years apart, (1997 and 2003)

I don't know how common it is in non-anime idol groups, but it certainly doesn't seem uncommon

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020

this is not a yuri manga then?

It never was pulls trigger

joined Mar 11, 2020

The moment I realized what this chapter was going to be about, I got giddy for the wrong reasons. I didn't care much about the chapter, which was okay, but I knew people would put on their snob glasses and shit all over this.

ikr? first thing i thought after reading the chapter was "oh boy the forum posts are gonna hate this lol"

joined Mar 11, 2020

"live in 500 years"
the KiryuKai are patiently awaiting your return Kaichou

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020

that arm on page 24 O_O

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020

Ch 34. Oi, stop trying to make Shiho likeable. it's not gonna happen

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020

So, I'm at chapter 27, and I'm having a REAL hard time liking Shiho. she's spoiled, selfish. arrogant, and generally all the things I dislike in a person. If the author is trying to make her into an irredeemable character, he's pretty much succeeded in my eyes.

which really sucks, because i absolutely adore her design. she gives me some major Setsuna Yuuki vibes, visually

joined Mar 11, 2020

Utena: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DESTROY THE HORNY! NOT JOIN THEM!

joined Mar 11, 2020

Im going to fanfic the shit out of this. Anyone know how to add a category on ao3? LMAO

lemme know when you get that up lol

joined Mar 11, 2020

ok. Page 7. that is DEFINITELY not ChisaTaki's handguns. I don't recall either of them having such short barrel's, or such strangely shaped muzzles

joined Mar 11, 2020

I love how casually she whipped out the lockpicks lol. You think "oh this is gonna be one of those normal girl x freak kinda stories" NOPE, she's sniffing bras in the first chapter.

I'm expecting some high quality deranged nonsense.

she's practically the anime girl version of McNallyOfficial

joined Mar 11, 2020

this feels like the first installment of a series lol. especially with how they introduce Seto Nico and Bea's Earth forms in the final chapter, as well as a new Big Bad

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020

cute. and mildly suggestive there at the end. perfect

joined Mar 11, 2020

well shit. there goes Esta-senpai.

also, can you imagine how fucking weird it is to see your roommate/Significant other torn to pieces pretty much everyday, and just shrug it off because "that's just how it is folks!"

joined Mar 11, 2020

So is LLLL the official 5th Generation of Love Live? or is it another SIFAS-only thing? and what's this about them being VTubers?

Is there any "unofficial" generation for Love Live...? Like, Nijigasaki started off as SIFAS-only but they ended up getting an anime, OVA, and a plethora of live events so it's hard to call them a side project. Though I guess the School Idol Musical series might be something that a chunk of the fandom doesn't recognize (especially overseas) because of its limited scope.

You make a good point lol

You can probably do some research on your own (there's plenty of info out there), but they're Vtubers in the sense that they do streams and stuff with 3D models of their characters. They've done everything from TikTok dances to doing covers of Vocaloid songs and even songs from the other LL groups! Though like the traditional LL model, the seiyuu participate in livestreams and events as well so there's that disconnect of character vs. seiyuu unlike in traditional Vtubers...? (All of my Vtuber knowledge is secondhand so feel free to correct me on this)

that does sound pretty different from "traditional" VTubers (what a thing to say xD), since aside from outliers like Kson, keeping the IRL identity secret/separate from the Virtual one is practically top priority

But yeah, considering that they announced their 1st Live which will happen in autumn of this year, you can consider them a main group in the Love Live series. Just don't expect an anime anytime soon, because their whole schtick is having the LLLL in-app story progress in real-time (as in, they launched the app in the spring to coincide with the start of the school year).

huh. guess i havent heard much of them because i dont do mobile games, like at all

For anyone who is hesitant about jumping in, I'll just say this: I've seen a lot of gay in Love Live, but somehow Hasunosora has managed to become the gayest LL group in the series already.

now I'm really hoping they get an anime at some point lol

last edited at Jul 7, 2023 3:28PM

joined Mar 11, 2020

So is LLLL the official 5th Generation of Love Live? or is it another SIFAS-only thing? and what's this about them being VTubers?

Angry_Aguri
Their Gazes discussion 27 Jun 17:20
joined Mar 11, 2020

Was Chisato always that stacked....?

Angry_Aguri
joined Mar 11, 2020
Kimosugimasu-1639702783749398530-img1

I remember when this show was good....back in Vol 4 lol

joined Mar 11, 2020

Tbh, yesterday was the first time i'd heard about Tomoriru retiring from the role. seeing her goodbye video on YT came as quite a shock

joined Mar 11, 2020

imagine my shock, whilst reading the final volume of "A Sister's All you Need," I suddenly put two and two together, and realize that this is written by the same author, and takes place in the same universe, featuring shared characters.

Mya-san the Editor, working for Branch Hill.....how could i have missed it. I also had no idea that this was based on a LN, anyone know where i could find translations of said LN?

Not only that, but the first chapter even gave us an age comparison with Chihiro to show us exactly where it fits in this universe's timeline.

how TF did i miss that....

joined Mar 11, 2020

My god I just want this to get adapted into an anime already.

joined Mar 11, 2020

imagine my shock, whilst reading the final volume of "A Sister's All you Need," I suddenly put two and two together, and realize that this is written by the same author, and takes place in the same universe, featuring shared characters.

Mya-san the Editor, working for Branch Hill.....how could i have missed it. I also had no idea that this was based on a LN, anyone know where i could find translations of said LN?

joined Mar 11, 2020

only on chapter 3, but holy shit how is this "subtext" it's more obvious than some of the series marked as straight yuri on this site, good grief! xD