Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

There's only one way to fix this now, Evie.

"Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
Possible she wants you too
There is one way to ask her
It don't take a word
Not a single word
Go on and kiss the girl"
-Sebastian

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 4:06PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That whole bit about "exploiting a bug" makes zero sense to me. Like, I get that this is the witch dropping a hint to Yvonne that she knows they're in a game, but other than I just don't get what does this explain about the potion.

... and yeah she really didn't gain much from that detour, didn't she. Learned almost nothing except the fact the witch "knows what's up", which she kinda knew already :P

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 4:37PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oof that last page. So the witch knows it's a game but is still constrained by rules. I wonder what is her goal with this. Tbh I think Elsa would understand what happened if Evie told her the witch put her to sleep but this story is going to for drama.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Whatshername the mysterious cloaked figure says she's trying to help out, but as far as I can tell she's a villain.

Making her fall asleep and miss her date as a punishment for her actions? Except Elsa is the one actually being punished. Is that supposed to teach someone a lesson? Maybe the lesson is, "People who sell dangerous and immoral drugs to unsuspecting people should not be treated kindly, rather next time maybe she should be apprehended by force and locked away."

joined May 9, 2021

That whole bit about "exploiting a bug" makes zero sense to me. Like, I get that this is the witch dropping a hint to Yvonne that she knows they're in a game, but other than I just don't get what does this explain about the potion.

Last time they talked the witch told Evie that 'the thing that's been bothering her' wouldn't show up for a little while so I think what she's implying is that Evie turning into a demon counts as sufficiently villainous to earn a break from the system giving her orders

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Last time they talked the witch told Evie that 'the thing that's been bothering her' wouldn't show up for a little while so I think what she's implying is that Evie turning into a demon counts as sufficiently villainous to earn a break from the system giving her orders

Oh that makes sense. That's why she said Evie has only one more day. When the effect of the potion runs out, she won't be able to express her feelings to Elsa anymore because of the villainess system.

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 6:14PM

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

I feel bad for Yvonne, I get that ditching Elsa is bad, but Yvonne just wants answers. She did get possessed (partially?) because of the Witch after all. If I'm getting it right, Yvonne's going to turn into a demon permanently right? Which should help to break away from the system. The curing potion only mitigates the effects for a bit before Yvonne gets used to the succubus nature?

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 6:01PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn eve you've got one fucking job, and now you messed up again.T-T. she better follow the useful advice of our wingwoman, but yeah trust issues so, let's wait.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Just OOF.

Yvonne sure seems adept at squandering whatever progress she makes with Elsa...

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 7:38PM

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

Ahem.

Future Elsa, wtf? Like, seriously, why? Punish somebody for getting sidetracked by... sidetracking them even more? This makes literally zero sense.

joined Dec 20, 2020

I interpreted this as changing what kind of entity she is in the game. Like Yvonne usually being a character, but when possessed by a demon she's an enemy or MOB. Thus glitching the system so she has agency that usually isn't allowed if the system only interacts with the "character" Yvonne.

joined Oct 9, 2011

Gotta make it up to her Evie. Confess!

She's literally not allowed to do that.
The villainess system will fuck her over if she tries

joined Oct 14, 2016

Oh that makes sense. That's why she said Evie has only one more day. When the effect of the potion runs out, she won't be able to express her feelings to Elsa anymore because of the villainess system.

Exactly, i even think before that it might become permanent since Evie said before that she's supposed to have a dark power in game to stop Elsa incase she berzerk.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

That last panel is damn sad. Poor Elsa

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

She got one day, she better use it well or everything is gonna fall apart.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Oh noes ;-;

joined Apr 15, 2018

Ahem.

Future Elsa, wtf? Like, seriously, why? Punish somebody for getting sidetracked by... sidetracking them even more?

Gosh, it is almost like everyone who's concluded that she is Future Elsa and that she is acting in the interests of the protagonists has made an unwarranted assumption. But that couldn't possibly be right, right?

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

heartwrenching

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Gotta make it up to her Evie. Confess!

She's literally not allowed to do that.
The villainess system will fuck her over if she tries

Bruv the Witch literally just said she has a day of no system interruptions left before the system comes back (or the Demon drug goes outta control? Not sure)

Ruiko2
joined Sep 8, 2016

I actually think this "Witch" is another PC (player character, someone who knows exactly what kind of setting this is), the same as Evie. That her avatar vaguely resembles Elsa is just a red herring (it has as much symbolism as the System looking like Evil Evie in her head screwing with her emotionally) and is just there to screw with the readers. She is no hacker (can't screw the system entirely), but she knows enough to delay the System just enough for things to hopefully happen in a more positive manner.

Regardless of what happens next, when the System comes back online (so to speak) and notices what has transpired, I believe Evie is SCREWED with a capital S.

joined Aug 15, 2021

Oh yeah I agree with some, that makes sense. Right now Evie is a demon, which disrupt her role as the villainess. She is really being helped, to confess her love for Elsa. If she didn't do it now, the potion effect will come off and the villainess system will be back and there is no way she would be able confess anymore. Damn I think this is pretty accurate.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, that did not go as planned. But there's still time to make up for that...

I do wonder, though... Since the "witch" is clearly trying to help them get together, was this really a chance meeting, or did she knowingly lure Evie away for some reason?

She is no hacker (can't screw the system entirely) [...]

Well... She is, to an extent, as witnessed in her first appearance.

last edited at Dec 5, 2022 6:26AM

joined Jul 22, 2014

Maybe the Witch is also bound by a system who made her drug evie with a sleeping potion?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^She certainly implies being bound by a similar system here as a reason why she can't explain everything (whether it's the actual truth remains to be seen), but I doubt we can blame the system for any of her actions...

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I think the witch might be the player that plays as Elsa after she regained her memories. Elsa is a person irl but she lost her memories when she went into the game unlike Yvone and when the bad ending happened she regained them and became the witch who went back in time. At least that's my theory.
Oooor Elsa is actually a person irl and the promise she made with Yvone wasn't in the game at all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.