Forum › Posts by Davies

joined Apr 15, 2018

"Look at my butt! The worst thing you can do is try to ignore it! It's a total circle, don't you see?! You can't hide from it! It's a force to be reckoned with! Accept it before it destroys you!"

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018

"And if tomorrow ends what we've begun/
We've got each other 'til the morning comes/
All the lovers in the world should be/
Enemies like you and me."

... reading this makes me appreciate the author's JalterXSalter so much more.

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
Xndbqfs

Eh, I'm gonna have to give it to the one who's blushing more.

joined Apr 15, 2018

I have zero context for this.

In the 2011-2016 science fiction/crime drama television series Person of Interest, two major characters are Sameen Shaw and Root, who have a somewhat combative, somewhat flirty partnership. Root is killed in one of the penultimate episodes of the series, while Shaw is left alone to pursue the mission alongside her dog, Bear.

You now have greater than zero context.

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
106494324_p0

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Cheating on Scheherazade like this is not becoming of a Pharaoh, Nitocris!

joined Apr 15, 2018

Chapter 39: "Cliffhanger!"

Chapter 40: "Oh, did you think that the cliffhanger would be RESOLVED in this? Fufufu, so naive! Why, there will probably be several more chapters before we get back to this!"

joined Apr 15, 2018

Chapter should be titled: "Even If I Reincarnate and Transmigrate I Can't Catch A Freaking Break".

joined Apr 15, 2018

Ahem.

Future Elsa, wtf? Like, seriously, why? Punish somebody for getting sidetracked by... sidetracking them even more?

Gosh, it is almost like everyone who's concluded that she is Future Elsa and that she is acting in the interests of the protagonists has made an unwarranted assumption. But that couldn't possibly be right, right?

Davies
Inko-sensei discussion 01 Dec 18:25
joined Apr 15, 2018

"I'm lovin' it."

joined Apr 15, 2018

Dawn in the mountains.

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
Poi

"One of the things I left out of my file. I kind of enjoy this sort of thing."

"I'm so glad you said that. I do, too."

One year later ...

joined Apr 15, 2018

"We can sort out our own situation any time!"
"... right!"

(sickly voice) "Twenty chapters later ..."

"We can sort out our own --"
"No, we're doing it now. NOW."

last edited at Sep 18, 2022 7:55AM

joined Apr 15, 2018

Rip golem. She dead

I suspect not. She was given the order to disappear, not to "throw yourself into a blast furnace". Exact words matter.

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
100409308_p0

... zombies?

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
Taketurnstotop

It's kind of amazing how both of them have no problems showing affection, but neither of them seems to know how to handle receiving it.

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
Shipteasestriptease

^^ Takina is moving towards a less tactically focused attitude than that would suggest; she wouldn't have listened to Chisato's chest or celebrated beating her at Rock Paper Scissors if that were the case.

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018

"Ah, she's putting up a front! I was watching her for five minutes --"

Who, again, is not being honest here?

joined Apr 15, 2018

Aya: Hey, you know, you smell a lot like the boy I like.
Mitsuki: Uh ...
A: You also sound a bit like him, and you have pretty similar eyes.
M: Well, about —
A: And now that I'm looking closer, you have holes for piercings in the same place as his piercings.
M: ...
A: I'm beginning to think it's not a boy that I like.

I feel like that last line should be
A: He's your brother isn't he!?
M: Eh!?

M: ... yes that's exactly right, my brother and I got piercings in the exact same places.
A: I knew it!
M: ... also, we both have a thing for idiots. (intense "it's a good thing you're cute" glare)
A: ... oookay? (utterly bewildered expression)

last edited at Jul 24, 2022 7:24AM

joined Apr 15, 2018

Well, looks like we now have someone not only able to see the system, but also manipulate it.

I'm worried. I'm crazy worried. They now have to deal with an actual person who's messing with them; this is way more worrisome that just having to beat a broken machine of a villainess system.

Worry! Worry! Worry!

Eh, I mean, this was a very benevolent change, so I wouldn't be too worried, clearly she's here to help.

To what point and purpose, though? What if her help is toxic?

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
99745655_p0

"She's a bit of a fixer-upper."

joined Apr 15, 2018

Anyone else hear "Together" from Kindred Spirits playing in the background while reading this?

joined Apr 15, 2018

I don't really understand why, when the tree bugs start coming down, Yvonne talks like she's about to die.

"No! This cannot be happening! I still haven't apologized to Elsa!"

Listen, Evie, dem bugs be disgusting, sure, but... you ain't gonna croak only cuz they fall on you!

I suspect that these critters fill a narrative role much like that of cockroaches in Japanese media -- the heroine is shown to be horrified by them as it will make her seem "cuter" to a portion of the audience.

joined Apr 15, 2018

I'd insist she go get some psychological help

Yeah, people don't do that in Japan. They should. But they don't.

Davies
joined Apr 15, 2018
Yuhi_2000-1534899321019150342-img1

^ No, though I thought the same thing, that's a piece of paper being blown along past her.

joined Apr 15, 2018

Is there some reason that Chapter 62 hasn't been uploaded yet?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinmai_shimai_no_futari_gohan_ch62

Sorry, I mistyped 62 when I meant 63.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/5553dee2-25a1-48ee-8d85-8088ab610bc4/1