Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

If I had a nickel for every yuri manga where a high school girl starts training to become a pastry chef to feed her lover I’d have two nickels, which isnt a lot but its weird that it happened twice

this is exactly what popped into my head thank you

Oh lol
What is the other one again?

Chatting at the Amber Tearoom, I believe.

Chatting at the Amber Teahouse. I remember reading that and Sasameki Koto WAY back when. The author also had a neat crossover thing going with their other series, Alice Quartet. Unfortunately, some of their series never got fully translated and it seems like they haven't done any new series, recently.

joined Jul 29, 2022

When they tell others they are going out as we see their friends is ok with yuri

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

why would a computer in that context even have speakers lmao

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

"Moonlight and Donuts"? That's the wrong manga!

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

Gah, I really thought they were going to tell their friends about their relationship and then they just backed out of doing it... Nooo.
I bet the friends already know too and now it's just keeping the status quo.

Like, I love this manga a lot, but the main idea of keeping their relationship secret feels a bit tired to me. It's drawn out.

last edited at Nov 11, 2022 9:16PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Nanoha uses Befriending! It is super-effective! Especially with baking!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Kasumi's giving thought to her relationship with Sakurako, while here we have Chidori and Nanoha thinking about telling their friends. I couldn't be happier with the direction both of the stories are headed.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It's sweet watching Nanoha pamper Chidori. And I like the bit at the end when Nanoha's mom and sister were teasing her. I love those moments in yuri stories when someone manages to get both the right idea and the wrong one at the same time.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Speeding off on her bike to hang out with her girl after a long day is cute as heck. I do wish they'd tell their friends though.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I don't really have a problem with them not telling their friends, since it's clear what they're worried about is not their friends not accepting them but rather changing the dynamic of the group. They don't want to feel pressured to explain themselves, deal with the inevitable teasing or be singled out as a couple when hanging out, which is totally understandable.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

honestly, rather than making a whole thing about telling their friends, maybe they should just stop going out of their way to hide it and then don't deny it if they ask

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Chidori really has the greatest, most caring girlfriend. ^_^

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I don't really have a problem with them not telling their friends, since it's clear what they're worried about is not their friends not accepting them but rather changing the dynamic of the group. They don't want to feel pressured to explain themselves, deal with the inevitable teasing or be singled out as a couple when hanging out, which is totally understandable.

It'd be awkward for the rest of the group too, who probably wouldn't know how to act around them for a while.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Nanoha is being such a sweet, caring and supportive girlfriend at a super stressful time like that. i know she'd be making me fall for her all over again if I were Chidori ^_^ Things like that count for a whole lot .

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

"Moonlight and donuts" that's totally a reference, right? I understand she brought her donuts in the evening, but c'mon :D

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I never really cared that much about this series, it was just a fun thing to follow. But I gotta admit, the last chapters were really more on the sweet side. And I don't mean that because of the doughnuts being involved.
Also, just what do you think of your friends if you think they'll act like elementary school boys >.>

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"Moonlight and donuts" that's totally a reference, right? I understand she brought her donuts in the evening, but c'mon :D

That title did make me do a double-take because otherwise I don't follow this series, but unless it has a habit of referencing other yuri manga I would guess that it's more likely they both reference the same/similar thing, or maybe some kind of pun? Maybe someone familiar with Japanese would know more? :P

last edited at Nov 12, 2022 10:54AM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Also, just what do you think of your friends if you think they'll act like elementary school boys >.>

I mean, to be fair, when their friends heard about another couple getting together their immediate move was to go tease them. I understand why they'd be reluctant to mess with the dynamics of the group by singling (coupling?) themselves out like that.

One thing I like about recent chapters is how it's showing Chidori and Nanoha slowing maturing in both their own lives and goals, and in how they approach their relationship. It's still sweet and blushing and heartthrobs, but they're also learning how to support each other in thoughtful, adult and loving ways. The kind of stuff they'll need to do if they want to keep their relationship going even as they deal with becoming adults. It's the sort of growth you only really get to see in long-running series.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Its pretty cute and funny that the reason they don't want to tell their friends isn't some fear of homophobia but because they think their friends will be annoying shippers.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, to be fair, when their friends heard about another couple getting together their immediate move was to go tease them.

Yes, and that happened at the absolute moment they confessed to each other--literally the next thing said.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_ni_arashi_ch11#20

Readers may think that's insufficient reason to keep up the "their relationship is a secret" business--but that's the reason.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Is it just me or does Chidori look a little hungry in Nanoha's phone wallpaper? Looks to me like she's about to take a bit bite out of her friend's head.

joined Sep 26, 2022

They are so cute huhuhuh

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Their relationship is just so healthy, wholesome, and cute all at the same time. It kinda makes me angry 'cause I'm envious hahaha

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Nanoha descending like the cycling desserts angel.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Minami is a girl whisperer. She just casually converted jealous girlfriend into a pet cat.

To reply you must either login or sign up.