Forum › Posts by Laminatestasis

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Shio.exe has stopped working.

I really hope Kafka keeps making sure she understands instead of letting this slip into a bunch of chapters of drama, but either way, this was a great way to let things slip, really love this series.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Also came back and re-read this with the mangaka's other work finding it's way here. I really hope we get more of this, such a fun series ^^

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Missed opportunity of parodying I'm In Love With The Villainess, went het instead
Smh rare Satsuki L /j

I dunno if it went het so much as they set up her being close to the Prince for the story purpose. She hasn't really confirmed her own feelings in the main series yet, and Walk to Death played with the idea of Yuri without ever commiting, so this could potentially do that too. Though based on the crossover manga between the two, I don't think the author is against the idea of going full Yuri, so who knows.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

How did you know I was wanting more "Western witch in Japan Yuri" after reading "The Miko's Words and the Witches Incantations" earlier today?! I think I need to check to see if I'm being followed...

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Aww we got another one of these little mini chapter extras I love this. Damnit I think I'm going to reread this one for like the fifth time >_>

Sees this comment after re-reading everything because of the extra

Great minds think alike? ^^;;

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

This series fascinates me. It seemed like a light jokey kind of thing at first, but there's way more going on under the surface, and I'm really curious what kind of story the Mangaka wants to tell by the end.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I mean, there are very obviously potential power dynamic issues here, but that was true before they found out the age gap. Business owner v Part Time worker is obviously a big difference in wealth, and Mu Xiaoen is one of the most influential people in that whole town. So the power dynamics problems present in an age gap story are already here. And that wasn't enough to make people worried before. I think it really comes down to how the two interact in this case, and Mu Xiaoen doesn't seem to be the person who will abuse her power, especially when she's already so conscious of the age issue.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

This is adorable. Whether this ends up being Yuri, Subtext or just gals being actual pals, this is way different from most of the stuff around here. Excited for more.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Ok, potential drama from an outside source, I feel better about this being just these two being cute. Country cinnamon roll meets actual Lesbian, lesgo!

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

You mean to tell me the Queen's girlfriend got NTRd by that reindeer guy? Now my mood is ruined

Yeah, not thrilled about this. Surprised she didn't keep her as a consort or something

Now we see if Bi-mom can accept Lesbian daughter and let her live happily or if the drama finally finds a way into this.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

This manga never ceases to amaze me with how wholesome it's lewdness is. It's honestly just impressive.

Now that we have full confirmation of Lord Encore being back, I'm real curious to see how the final battles gonna go.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Nagisa is so serious and dutiful lmao, Mashiro is like "omg it's a flag for H activity kyaa" and she's just staring into the distance trying to remember if she has tylenol and an inhaler ready

But it could be cause she's expecting her to get worked up tonight ;D

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

People: "Fuck landlords!"
Manhua artists: "Hmmm...yes!"

Me, a well-meaning leftist who hates landlords as a principal: "But what if they were like...super hot?"

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Be Careful, Onee San

There it is. Exact comment I was gonna make if someone else hadn't xD

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Big fan of quick-on-the-uptake mother, only thing that would've been better was if she actually went to Hinoka and told her "wait, if it's Tsukushi we're talking about..." or something like that. I also absolutely love going back to previous chapters, so many things have a completely different light to them now that we see things from Hinoka's point of view, and I'm very much inclined to believe it's intentional.

While her being frank and willing to talk about a potential same-sex partner would've been nice, she also probably wouldn't want to deny her daughter the ability to come out when she was ready and comfortable. She seems like a mom who's actually willing to let her daughter just be happy with who she is, and their relationship seems strong. Hopefully that translates to her knowing Hinoka will talk to her when she's ready.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I'm willing to accept the author might've known what they wanted from this arc at one point, but everything seems to be a stupid jumbled mess right now. Having to wait two months for a release also is just dragging this out to a dumb degree. I really enjoyed this series at first, maybe more than the original, but this arc has really dragged it down. I hope the author can prove us all wrong and make some actual character development out of this, but it's gonna take a lot of work to not just be stupidly frustrating when it's done.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Moms on board! I want literally everyone but then to realize it first at this point. Then we can have a "Yeah, get on with it!" Moment before they finally do get together xD

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

So, I double checked what information might be stored on a Chinese Identification card, and unless she has a particular issue with where she's from originally (address or ethnicity), or unless no one else is freaking about her being trans (if her ID is marked male) I think this is now an age gap story xD

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Maybe it's...BLuri?

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Now hoping for 5p endgame..... yeah like that'll happen.

The true Poly endgame has come to light.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Kurumi lasted longer this time, but nothing can withstand the power of a direct contribution with Yoroizuki's chest.

last edited at Jan 15, 2023 8:23AM

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Civil servants can't take side jobs? Isn't that an incentive to quit?

They must be a Japanese rule to. When I used to work security, they would hire officers to just stand around in uniform or sit in their cars as a second job.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Why Mitsuki take off her glasses when reading on her phone?
presbyopia in her age?

Maybe she's just far sighted and finds them annoying when reading? It's a bit odd though.

As for the drama, it was about time for some more. Stories tend to need conflict or some kind. This at least isn't like "Does she secretly hate me" but is an external thing, so it can be resolved with talking...oh right...it's Koga. So this should take another... 20 chapters?

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Since we've moved away from the weird punishment game type stuff with the seniors, I've gotten really into the series again. This whole chapter is just adorable.

Laminatestasis
Matazoro. discussion 09 Jan 07:03
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

If all Mariya wants is Koto to be happy, then she needs to take a better look at her. Because Koto doesn't look happy at all.

Even so, it says quite a lot about Mariya and Koto's relationship if even just Mariya's presence is a trigger for Koto.

I have a strong feeling that Mariya is in fact a bit yandere for Koto, but I also believe she truly wants Koto to be better and live better. However, she might unknowingly be gaslighting Koto and herself with that belief for her own possibly subconscious selfishness, which is why such a low key toxic relationship developed in the first place. Either way, I'm excited to see how this develops.

This sums up how I've felt about this pretty accurately. Their relationship is clearly toxic, but not destructively so as of yet. I feel like it's gonna come to a head at some point and the others will have to get involved.

Shiki v Mariya gonna be a brawl though.