Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Not that it really matters, but I’m unclear how these quizzes generate their answers.

For some of the questions it seems like (in US school-test terms) a fill-in-the-blanks test, like the “lint off the shoulder” one, but for others the quiz itself seems to be generating the answers, which may or may not fit the person answering.

I was very confused while translating this. I remember seeing silly personality quizzes that used to be popular on facebook or whatever, but I don't think they worked like the ones in this chapter. So I looked up some real examples in Japanese, and there are multiple kinds. Just from the top hits on google, this one is like the "who's behind you" one where it gives you some questions about walking in a forest and then reinterprets your answers to be about your love life or whatever.

This one is a series of multiple-choice questions where depending on which choice you go with, it spits out some nonsense. "You move to a new place and start a new life, who do you contact first?" If you go with 1: your father, then apparently it means that you like equal relationships and don't like to be pampered by your lover. I assume that the first question in this chapter was that kind, since it seems to have generated answers for them.

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 3:09PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not that it really matters, but I’m unclear how these quizzes generate their answers.

For some of the questions it seems like (in US school-test terms) a fill-in-the-blanks test, like the “lint off the shoulder” one, but for others the quiz itself seems to be generating the answers, which may or may not fit the person answering.

I was very confused while translating this. I remember seeing silly personality quizzes that used to be popular on facebook or whatever, but I don't think they worked like the ones in this chapter. So I looked up some real examples in Japanese, and there are multiple kinds. Just from the top hits on google, this one is like the "who's behind you" one where it gives you some questions about walking in a forest and then reinterprets your answers to be about your love life or whatever.

This one is a series of multiple-choice questions where depending on which choice you go with, it spits out some nonsense. "You move to a new place and start a new life, who do you contact first?" If you go with 1: your father, then apparently it means that you like equal relationships and don't like to be pampered by your lover. I assume that the first question in this chapter was that kind, since it seems to have generated answers for them.

That last part in particular helps, because the quiz-taker gives the answer, then the algorithm comes up with some quasi-horoscope “reading” from what they chose.

Thanks, and of course thanks for the translation of one of my all-time favorites.

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 4:54PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Why was Kumako crying at the end? Was it because people were mad at her about the quizzes? If so, I kinda feel bad for her

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Why was Kumako crying at the end? Was it because people were mad at her about the quizzes? If so, I kinda feel bad for her

I think she just got crappy “answers” on the quizzes. Like the “No Luck/Your love is doomed” shrine fortunes.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I think she just got crappy “answers” on the quizzes. Like the “No Luck/Your love is doomed” shrine fortunes.

Awwww, that still pretty sad. Hope she proves those quizzes wrong

joined Sep 23, 2015

Any info on when this will continue?

joined Mar 16, 2023

Any info on when this will continue?

Also here wondering the same... Really miss this series

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

There has been some updates on the authors twitter feed but I guess the TL are waiting for the next book to be published to translate.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Looks like someone picked this up on MD

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

It feels weird not getting monthly updates for this...does anyone else feel the same?

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

It feels weird not getting monthly updates for this...does anyone else feel the same?

I was pretty bummed when it stopped updating, since this is one of my faves, but thankfully another group has picked it up and has been publishing new chapters to Mangadex. They're up to 127 now, releasing roughly every other week. Hopefully the chapters make their way here eventually.

last edited at Jun 10, 2023 1:26PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The group doing the scanlations here just waits for the entire volume to release, which takes a long time, and then release all the chapters in a matter of days. By this point, I've gotten used to that being the process for this series.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I suddenly remembered this. Glad it's still going on somewhere

Guess I'll take the chance to reread it from the start

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Kovachi Luka announced the series is ending with the next chapter (162) in a couple weeks. (link contains some minor spoilers for the latest raw ch.) Link to the tweet. End of an era. I'm definitely going to miss it.

The scans still have a ways to catch up, so that's something to look forward to at least.

last edited at Aug 4, 2023 5:39PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Man, why's it feel like all of my favorites have been ending lately?

Gaychidori
joined Sep 18, 2023

God I love this manga so much. They're both just so likeable! There's barely any misunderstandings, the only fight they had was a bit silly and they were mostly goofing around, they actually TALK their problems out (insofar as it's entertaining in a manga) and they're genuinely nice people! Like aside from Igarashi, who deserves nothing but contempt, they're so wholesome that they respect those that fall in love with their partner because they're just THAT confident in their relationship, even though they do feel jealous. These two might be my favorite couple in fiction.

%e5%be%ae%e4%bf%a1%e5%9b%be%e7%89%87_20230926175400
joined Feb 13, 2023

Forever my favorites. ❤

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

The group doing the scanlations here just waits for the entire volume to release, which takes a long time, and then release all the chapters in a matter of days. By this point, I've gotten used to that being the process for this series.

Was the volume ever released? Feels like this won't get updated.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Was the volume ever released? Feels like this won't get updated.

We actually have the first two chapters of volume 11 here, just not properly separated from volume 10. Looking around at Yuri Project, looks like the editor who was working on the next two decided to drop the work due to another group releasing three more chapters, though. And that was the last anyone ever posted on that thread, the manga isn't on their project status page either. Basically, snipers ruining things for everyone.

last edited at Nov 27, 2023 4:23PM

joined Mar 28, 2017

Breaking News!
Hana ni Arashi is licensed by Viz Media as 'Rainbows After Storms'. Coming Fall 2024.

From X (Twiiter):
Announcement: Nanoha and Chidori are best friends who attend the same all-girls high school—and also share a heart-pounding secret: they’re lovers. Follow their stormy relationship in Rainbows After Storms, by Ruka Kobachi, releasing Fall 2024.
https://x.com/VIZMedia/status/1753475374149771346?s=20

Viz Media Licenses Trillion Game, Otaku Vampire's Love Bite, Spider-Man: Octo Girl, X-Men, More Manga for Fall 2024:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-02-02/viz-media-licenses-trillion-game-otaku-vampire-love-bite-spider-man-octo-girl-x-men-more-manga-for-/.207161

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

I’m not done reading this but my only problem after 90 chapters is that why on earth are they keeping this a secret from their friends? They have given me no reason to believe they wouldn’t be totally supportive and encouraging of their relationship and actually…let them be a couple, especially at a all girls school where female relationships aren’t seen as that uncommon anyway, it’s just odd. The friend group just hasn’t displayed a single significant negative aspect really so the harsh ironclad secrecy feels unessesary

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

I’m not done reading this but my only problem after 90 chapters is that why on earth are they keeping this a secret from their friends? They have given me no reason to believe they wouldn’t be totally supportive and encouraging of their relationship and actually…let them be a couple, especially at a all girls school where female relationships aren’t seen as that uncommon anyway, it’s just odd. The friend group just hasn’t displayed a single significant negative aspect really so the harsh ironclad secrecy feels unessesary

It's just their choice and they dont feel comfortable doing so yet. That's pretty much it. Is that "harsh?" I don't know. I don't think it's a big deal.

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 9:37AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.